Sunrise of Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake, IL

They said they were going to evaluate my husband but didn't. I went by to go on a tour only to find out they decided that they couldn't take him and tried to shift me to their location in Barrington. I asked for them to email prices and info they were going to call & email them and said I should have the email by the time I got home. Needless to say I haven't received anything.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing this with us. We would like to learn more about your Tour experience. Please email information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we may follow up. - The Sunrise Team

Staff is top notch!

The staff members at this facility are top notch. They are very professional and really nice to my Mother before she passed away. It’s a well-run facility and my mom really liked it here. Not only are the staff members nice but the other residents are too. It is a very positive and bright community. The building itself is clean and well kept. My Mother really loved the view out of her apartment and often read books by her window. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Too Large of a community

The staff was friendly and informative on the tour but we just felt it was a little too large for our style.

Nice facility! Had lunch - very good - then had a tour. Concerned with the lack of parking.

Friendly Atmosphere!!

I have no big complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and made sure to answer any questions that we had for them in detail. Out of all the different properties I had looked at this one was just not my favorite for my father.

Really Nice Community, My Father is Doing Great

This is a community I would highly recommend. My father is doing very well since his move here. This is a really nice facility. The staff is great, they are professional, and caring. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The meals are terrific. They offer nice activities for the residents. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us.

Staff did everything they could to answer our questions!

They answered every question we had during our tour. The staff knew all the residents by name and were very positive. It came down to the style of the apartment and we liked what another community had to offer more.

I feel I made the best choice for my parents to go to Sunrise in Crystal Lake. They are treated by the staff as though my parents are their parents. They truly care about them and their needs.

I took a tour!

When I toured Sunrise of Crystal Lake, it was a very nice place. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. They took me and showed me around the building, but I ended up finding a better fit for my mother.

Very Nice Tour

This is a really nice community, and my tour of it went very well. The community looked nice. Everything was well-kept, and looked clean. The staff was friendly, and courteous. It was a pleasant experience, but I found a community that fit my mother in law, and her needs better.

Pretty Good Tour of This Community

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was nice, and friendly. Everyone was kind to my family and myself. It is a nice place, but I found a community that suited my father, and his better.

One of Our Tours

When touring we got a good impression of the community. The staff was on time for our appointment and gave us all the information we needed. The proximity was not close like we wanted. It looked clean and staff were interacting with residents from what I saw.

A Kind Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Of course there were some positive and negative things about this community. Overall my tour went well. Everyone was very kind to my family and myself.

We moved our Mom to Sunrise in May. She is unable to walk and is late stage Alzheimer. We are so grateful for the care takers in the memory care facility (Reminiscence). They have a very difficult job and they do it very well. The facility is clean and well kept. The exterior grounds are just beautiful. We know our mom is being taken care of better than we can. They memory care unit manager ([Removed]) is involved in the day to day happenings and is always interested in family feedback. We have gotten to know many of the care managers well which makes us so comfortable with our decision. This has been heartbreaking for the family and this Sunrise facility has made the transition much easier for us.

A Nice Visit

When I went to the facility for a tour. I saw that it was a huge facility and this would cause confusion for my mother-in-law. It was expensive and they acted like if you ran out of money you had to move out. Otherwise the tour was fine.

Beautiful community with a lot to offer!

We took a tour of Sunrise of Crystal Lake and it is a lovely place. The community is well kept and updated. The units available are nice but are a lot smaller than other communities we have visited. We did not like the layout of the unit that we viewed. We wanted something that felt more like home for our loved one. The staff who offered the tour were wonderful. They shared all of the amenities and services Sunrise offers. They were very friendly and were able to address all of our concerns.

Lovely Facility

This is a lovely facility. They are caring for my mother and her needs well. The community is well-kept for the most part, but we a problem with a strong urine smell in her room, and it took them a month and half to fix it. For the most part the staff is amazing, they are like our family. The grounds of the community look beautiful. I know she is receiving great care and I would recommend it.

Wonderful place!

They're doing a great job here, my loved one really seems to be enjoying herself! The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and the people who work here are all very friendly and caring. They really go out of their way to make sure that the residents get involved with the activities, which has been a big benefit for our loved one. It really is a very nice place, and I would recommend it highly to others who are looking into care in the area!

Review of Sunrise of Crystal Lake Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Crystal Lake, IL

Very nice facility. It was cozy and nice atmosphere. Just a bit further across town than what we wanted. Cindy was wonderful to work with. Pricing is a bit more challenging to understand than other places.

My experience with Sunrise of Crystal...

My experience with Sunrise of Crystal Lake has been awesome. I really like the caregivers. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. They are always willing to talk to you. They are very personable and always greet us when we come in. We're very pleased with the services they provide.

Great family atmosphere and...

Great family atmosphere and price is very reasonable.

more advanced needs

I would think that a family should understand that the level of care that sunrise provides – they’re more in tune to residents that have more advanced needs. This might not be a good match if you’re looking for independent living.

Exceptionally Great!

First of all, we interviewed several communities in our search and this one was the absolute best!

Food is exceptional - for the family as well as the resident. It’s natural, not preprocessed. Everything is made by scratch. It was like a restaurant. We would be pay to go there. That’s how good it is. It’s very nutritious.

The home care aides- we could pop in day and evening – every one of them was so loving and so kind. The amount of attention from the home care aides is phenomenal.

It’s very much like a home like environment not clinical at all. There’s lots of light everywhere!

I got a call from Cynthia a...

I got a call from Cynthia and she said we had a tour scheduled but there was not one. She was very nice and will contact us later in the week. Can't give a rating since we did not have a tour.

Nice but Very Small Rooms

I liked it but it had such small rooms. My mother's got too much mobility yet for something like that. I did like the care more at Sunrise than the place my mother chose. I notice that Sunrise had a lot more staff member just around and available. They were more visible all the time.

With the exception of the small rooms they were on the upper end. The rooms were like you put a bed and a dresser and it's full. Sunrise was my choice except for the small rooms but my mother fell in love with another place.

I liked it

I really liked it but the cost and the location were not as good as another community. It was very nice.

Liked the overall feel and ...

Liked the overall feel and attention to his mental health. What he feels comfortable paying for is a dual room and he doesn't feel comfortable sharing a bathroom. I liked the activity. This one is a possibility.

LOVED this place. It is special and ...

LOVED this place. It is special and NO smell. Semi-private room rate is $5900 plus $900 for exta care she most likely would need. great staff, clean, friendly, built like a mansion with lots of windows and large pine trees surrounding. Picture window in each room. TOP OF MY LIST Staff ratio in memory unit was 4:1. Met nurse, unit care manager, table help, activity director, communicaitons direct Spent 3 hours there.

i did tour this facility. It was nic...

i did tour this facility. It was nice but felt it was too large.

Very impressed! I liked the friendlin...

Very impressed! I liked the friendliness of everyone I met there. A lot of helpful information, too.