Clarendale of Algonquin - Algonquin, IL

Review of Clarendale

An excellent home away from home! A topnotch exercise room! friendly staff + residents! many activities, bingo, art classes, transportation to doctors, church services etc etc!

Review of Clarendale

I really enjoy living in this lovely place. The people are wonderful, the food is fine, the care is very good and I am lucky to be here. Thank you all.

Review of Clarendale Algonquin

very good, residents, clean, close to local activities. I like all employees.

Review of Independence Village

Staff seems friendly and concerned about residents. Wait staff address them by name and visit if there's time. Very convenient to have doctors come in and use their office. Theater, crafts, salon, all available. No one has ever seemed condescending or unkind and are quick to prioritize someone who is upset.

Its Been Wonderful

My loved one has been at Clarendale for respite care, and it has been wonderful. The community is clean, bright, and they have a lot of activities. They have at least one movie a day, and they have a very nice movie theatre in-house with comfy recliners. The also have crafts, games, exercise classes, happy hour, and so much else going on. The staff have also been excellent and very helpful. Really the only down side is the price. otherwise, this community is excellent.

They appear to be understaffed . The activities calendar is apparently just an example; they don't actually do the activities list ed . The place is clean and the staff is pleasant . I'm hoping for improvement once they are fully staffed, but I do feel I was misled.

Love my new home

I love this community. I'm in the independent living part of it and its great. It has washer and dryers in the rooms which is amazing. They have lots of activities like a book club,exercise club and they are about to start a computer club to teach us how to use tablets or an I pad. The staff is really friendly and they keep things clean here. The food is great and appetizing. The garden area are beautiful. I chose this place because its close to my daughter ans it is brand new only open a year. I would recommend this community.

From the moment I walked in the door I knew Clarendale was a special place. It is truly beautiful and welcoming. The staff is amazingly friendly and supportive. They not only treat the resident like family but care for the family as well. The activities, food and entertainment are all well planned and exciting to look forward to. I would highly recommend them because they are the best place out there so thankful I found the Clarendale. Move in coordinators [Removed] were amazing! Nurses grace, [Removed] so friendly and supportive. Front desk [Removed] always greet you with kind words and smile. [Removed] was wonderful. Too many great people to name all.

Nice place way to expensive. Not as much as a homey feeling as the Brookdale.

We like it

The staff are welcoming and friendly. The community is beautiful. They do offer some daily initiatives and trips out. Mom has started to participate in some of the activities. She says the food is so so. She has a full kitchen in her apartment. I would recommend this community.

So happy here.
Beautiful and clean.
Well maintained.
Super friendly workers and efficient help.
Good Food.

Very friendly, helpful.

Everyone very friendly and helpful!

I Am Thrilled With the Community

This community is so much different and better, my dad is doing really well in the Memory Care. There are three pods for Memory Care, about 16 in each one. The staff get to know them one pod at a time. My dad says he likes it and the staff are pretty good with caring for my dad. I like the nurse in charge, keeping her will benefit the facility. When I toured I really liked the atmosphere and the way they ran the community. It felt more like home with a nicer setting. He has more space to walk around and go outside and sit, no supervision is needed while in the atrium.

So Great

This community a has been great for my aunt and uncle. They are doing well. The community is wonderful and I am thankful for their assistance. I appreciate the advisor from A Place For Mom. She was helpful and compared prices for us.

Very friendly, helpful.

Everyone very friendly and helpful!

Excellent.
Great staff.
Good food.

Nice, Spotless Community, My Mom Is Well

This is a nice community, and so far my mother is doing well with her move here. When I visit her the community is spotless, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great. They are friendly, and have been helpful when needed. I know she is safe, and in good hands. I've tired some of the meals. and the food is good. There is no lack of activities available for the residents. They are offered all day, everyday. I'am pleased with all they have done for us, and this is a community I would recommend.

The staff at this facility is wonderful. I would like to mention [Removed] especially for their kindness and professionalism while helping my family.
Great Job!

The staff is great! My questions are always answered. It is easy to get involved in activities. The food is good! [Removed] is a wonderful dog to have as a part of our family. He makes it very special!

I moved here in late October and have enjoyed everything about Clarendale. The staff is wonderful, including the house dog, you have done a wonderful job of putting everything together for our pleasure and comfort.

Would like more provided transportation opportunities.

Love it food great staff are wonderful and all the people are friendly. I love [Removed]. It’s very clean.

My mom really likes Clarendale. Lots to do. Very nice staff and residents. Always smiling to helpful.

Tour for care

We toured this community and we liked the staff. This community is new and at the time it did not seem like everything was completed. They have a nice variety of healthy meals. They would have offered activities for the residents who want to participate. Families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Toured this month, I am looking for supporting living but the lady in the sales department was very helpful by explaining the difference between private pay and supportive living. Gave some great suggestion on where to look and what to look for. If I could afford clarendale I would move in ASAP. Nice people - lovely looking building. I rate the place as a 5 star.
Wish I could move there.

This place is excellent! Everyone is so nice and treat the people great. They are so caring!! The food is also good.
I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a facility like this.

I love my new home, and food is good. The people who work here are handpicked one is nice than the next. The entire resident is clean and well taken care of. They accommodate my problem ( celvic) by opting special bread and leave off sauce and breading on certain items..

My mother lives in the community & the food is great, care is great.

It's a great place, very happy

The tour went great. My questions were all answered.

My first impression was outstanding, there was warmest friendliness, residents were happy & willing to talk about their feelings regarding living at the Clarendale Of Algonquin. I'm ready to take the next steps.

Nice facility, a bit pricey. [Removed] was excellent in pointing out positive issues. No real walking area but will consider for assessment.Also very important is location.

I keep raving about this place!

My mother loves it here, she is very happy. I have been recommending this community to anyone who has asked. It is a great place, they take very good care of my mother and tend to whatever she needs. She will press the button for help and they are there within 2 minutes. When I go visit, they know me. They don't just forget about you once you move in.

Helping Mom Adjust

My mother is having a hard time adjusting to this community, but the staff is doing a great job of helping her feel comfortable. This is a beautiful community, everything is very well maintained. Everyday she is getting better. They are doing a great job taking care of her, I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice facility.

A new community for mom's care

I like this community for my mom. The staff is good and they keep me informed on her progress. This is a new community and very beautiful. We are happy with the good variety of meals that she is enjoying. The activities are helpful for her. We would highly recommend this community to other families for the good care and the value of a loved one.

A brand new community!!

They are still working on getting some things up and running at this beautiful new community. The food is good, however they are still working on knowing how much to make and how many residents they are going to have. They have started some activities and the activities director is nice and personable. The staff are really nice and seem to know what they are doing. We could not have asked for a nicer place.