Elm Terrace Gardens - Lansdale, PA

TOTAL REGRET

I refuse to provide a name with this review because I firmly believe that my parents will suffer the consquences which has already happened. For few years we have gone to administration because nursing staff has attitude and say things to humor me. Things get better for little while then go right back to where they were sometimes even worse. Elm Terrace is great on the outside, they come off friendly caring etc..but once there you are a number. I have witnessed staff doing nothing, one time right in front of nurses desk where nurse was sitting I had to clean up a "mess" on floor so I could walk by. I regret ever putting them there. For the money they charge the care is terrible.

A nightmare

My mother lived at Elm Terrace Gardens for two and a half years. It is a beautiful facility, but you need to look beneath the polished surface.
Even though she purchased the "life care" plan, it was a constant, difficult battle to have Mom provided with a safe environment and appropriate medical and routine daily care. My suggestion is to review the entire contract with a lawyer BEFORE you commit. Don't assume that the brochures and sales pitches are telling you the entire story. The contract will tell you the truth about how this facility is run and how LITTLE they will provide when your loved one really needs help.
This is a business, and their ultimate decisions will be made to benefit and maintain the business. Do your research. Don't be naive and trusting like I was.

David Nicholson

Hello, my name is David Nicholson and I am part of the leadership team at Elm Terrace Gardens (ETG). I am so sorry to hear about your experience and the ETG President, Timothy Murphy, and I would love to speak with you if you would be so kind? We would like to hear more about your mothers situation, how we could have handled things to your satisfaction, and how we could have communicated better with you and your family so situations like this DO NOT happen again! Thank you so much for the time you have taken to review our organization and for considering to speak with us. Please feel free to reach out to me at [removed] to set up a time when we can speak at your convenience. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

My cousin lived there for over years once she passed away the company told me i had hours to remove my things i did not agree with the lack of compassion the company had for my love one or for my grieving family. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

David Nicholson

Thank you for your heartfelt review of Elm Terrace Gardens and I am so sorry to hear about the lack of compassion we showed for your family. If I can recall correctly, we did prematurely contact you regarding the need to vacate your loved ones room and that should not have been done! Since this instance, our CEO has thoroughly discussed this in many management meetings and with all of the appropriate staff members. I know that there is nothing that we can do now to repair the trust that we have broken but I hope that it may give you solace that we have corrected this issue so no other families will go through that during a time of loss again. We thank you for allowing us to serve your cousin during her time with us at Elm Terrace Gardens. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to reach out to me at [removed]. Respectfully, David Nicholson

It's great!

The only bad thing about the food is they are in the middle of a kitchen renevation for the dining room and the food is cold, they are cooking it at the church next door. They could rent something to keep the food hot. This is the only thing where they could improve.

I actually toured on my own...

I actually toured on my own. Although Moim is not ready for such a move, I was very impressed with the facility and would definitely consider them if and when the time comes.