I LOVED the energy of this community.
[Name removed] was a gracious and candid host.
Only happy faces all around.
Definitely a top contender.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Sincerely, Anda Durso, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Anda Durso.

Upscale living at reasonable price. 2 floors with elevator in lobby. Due to small size, finding activities is easy and carers are accessible.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. We’re committed to creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and an excellent value for the lifestyle our residents enjoy. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. Sincerely, Anda Durso, Executive Director

From [name removed]: 1 bedroom $3,495

When [Removed] called me I was 5 minutes away and he did not hesitate to say come right over. He was absolutely honest and very understanding. He showed me everything and was very accommodating to my concerns. What a cozy environment. everyone knows each other The menu was awesome also!

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to call me at [removed]. Sincerely, Anda Durso, Executive Director

We Are Very Happy

Blue Bell Place has been a great choice for my family. We chose it for its central location between my siblings and me, its reasonable prices, and its helpful staff. [Removed] have been particularly helpful and willing to work with us, but everyone takes the time to get to know the residents and families. The food here is good, and they do housekeeping twice a week, so it's very clean. It's a lively community, and while the staff always check on the residents, they don't make them participate if they don't wish to. My father is very social, and he loves the constant, daily interaction with staff and residents. I think people forget that these places are for peace of mind of the family, and for making sure the loved one is clean, secure, and well fed. I know that my dad is getting those things here and that he is happy, so we are happy too.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication, expertise and caring ways. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your father continues to thrive here at Blue Bell Place. Sincerely, Anda Durso, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Anda Durso.

We have selected Blue Bell Place because of the small size of the facility and the easy drive from my location to see my mother. We were impressed by the clean appearance efficient use of space.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team to acknowledge their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Sincerely, Anda Durso, Executive Director

Nice facility,

Overlooking the Community Is Frustrating

So far it is a good fit and going well. However, they need to improve on everything. I ask them to do things and they don't follow up with the requests. They promise things and don't do it, we have to go there all the time to make sure they do the basics like showers and changing the sheets weekly. It seems like nothing changes even after we talk to the administration.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry you have been dissatisfied with your experience. I’d appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to learn more and address your concerns. Please call me at [removed]. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton, Executive Director

Seeing A Better Side

The community has great staff that are doing good with my dad. He likes the meals and he has been participating in the art therapy, physical therapy, and watching the music performances. They also play music in different rooms. They have a calendar of events and each day is different. Since he has been her, there has been a turnaround in my dad. I would recommend the community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your dad continues to thrive here at Blue Bell Place. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton, Executive Director

Concerns Addressed

Initially, there was an issue that caused the resident to become extremely anxious and depressed. However, I discussed the situation with the Executive Director and she agreed that protocol was not followed and she took immediate action to remedy the situation.
Before I met with her, the Executive Director was aware of the situation and had taken immediate action. Also, in my meeting with her, she listened carefully to my concerns and addressed them promptly.
I was very impressed with the Executive Director and pleased with the facility, since that time.

Dear Gary,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are committed to constant improvement and 100% satisfaction of residents and families. We always listen carefully to ideas and concerns and act quickly to address. Thank you again and please stay in close communication. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton. Posted on behalf of Rebecca Hamilton.

A little more food please!

The staff here has been great and very helpful to me and my loved one. The community is always clean and neat and it is open and well lighted. The food is good, but my loved one says that the portions can be bigger.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for taking the time to share a review. I’m so glad to hear your compliments to our team and that you find the community clean and nice. Good food is a great joy in life and we are always happy to accommodate requests for bigger portions. Please let your loved one know to ask their server for a hearty helping. Thanks again. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Rebecca Hamilton.

A well maintained community!

I have to say first impressions are very important. This community did not make a good first impression. This is an older community that seemed dark. The people we meet were nice. I did not see a lot of activities available. They do offer transportation.

Blue Bell Place Blue Bell, Pa

Choosing an assisted living facility isn’t easy. If faced with this task take into consideration Physical proximity to your family, physicians,and overall medical needs of your loved one. I strongly recommend choosinga location that is close to your family. Most places have a pre assessment evaluation for admission to their facility. If your needs are more medical then there will be a limited amount of facilities that can handle all their needs.
The “Blue Bell place” meet all the criteria in my instance looking for a facility for my Father. I have looked and toured quite a few facilties. The one thing that
that took precedence after all was done was how convenient it was because of how close to everything it was for us. It even had a Pub near by and believe me you’ll need a drink after it’s all over.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your advice and insights in this review; I’m sure it will be very helpful to so many seeking the right fit for themselves or a loved one. Please stay in close contact and let us know if there’s anything we can do to be sure your father is thriving. Thanks again. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton, Executive Director

Very happy here

I am so glad I did not read these reviews until after I made my decision. I never would have came in and we love it here. We moved Dad in about a month ago and our biggest factor in choosing Blue Bell was the cleanliness. There are no odors and the place appears VERY clean. The transition was difficult. Dad had a very hard time at first but their activities people have done such a good job with him that he has settled in nicely. He loves all of the beautiful outdoor areas, the food and most of all the trips. Everyone is so nice. We really couldn't be any happier.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The world of online reviews can be a rough place these days, even for the best of retirement communities. Your words of wisdom from someone who has experienced the transition first hand are priceless to those facing their own decision. Please stay in close communication and let us know anything we can do to help your Dad thrive. Thanks again. Sincerely, Rebecca Hamilton, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Rebecca Hamilton.

We did walk through it without an official visit. It didn't seem that nice overall compared to some of the other places.

Not a good experience

Our experience with Blue Bell Place has not been a good one. My loved one is in their dementia care wing, and we've had problems throughout her stay. When I visit her room is often dirty, and the staff just do not seem very attentive or patient oriented in general. They also don't do a great job coordinating with the family, they've started my loved one on medications and the only way I found out was when I saw them on the bill. Based on our experience I wouldn't recommend them for memory care.

Watermark Ambassador

I sincerely apologize that your impression has not been more positive. I assure you that the health and well-being of residents is our top priority. I spoke with our Housekeeping department; they informed me that they are aware of your concerns and have adjusted their schedule. I apologize you were unaware of the new medication. We are researching the medication communication process to identify and implement improvements. Please feel free to call me at [removed] any time you’d like to discuss. Sincerely, Tom Schultz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tom Schultz.

Blue bell place is a nice faculty from the outside looking in. But they are more money hungry than actually caring to the residents.(not all the staff) but majority. From the months of June -September there were several big bug out breaks that they tried to keep a secret. Also one residents room was so bad it had bugs crawling up her wall. Their dishes come out the dish washer still filthy & half of the staff instead of getting a new dish will use the same dirty dish. A fork can drop on the floor & to save they will pick it up not rinse it & give it to a resident. Disgusting. The whole building only has about 2 maybe 3 but I'm pretty sure just 2 automatic hand sanitizer dispensers unlike other places. Instead they use lil things of hand sanitizer a from the dollar store. But the food is great shout out to the kitchen staff!!!!! The overall building is nice makes ppl feel at home just the Aides can be a lot more caring & dietary should do better at dishwashing . Also Thursday cost of living is toooo much for what they provide most residents have to provide their own everything

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry to hear that your experience has fallen so short of our standards. We’re committed to your satisfaction and I have shared your review with the team. We have a clean inspection report from our pest company, which visits every quarter and we also are in good standing with licensing agencies. We frequently check rates in the area to ensure we’re providing a good value. Thank you for your positive feedback on the great food and welcoming atmosphere. Please feel free to call me at any time to discuss further. Your thoughts and concerns matter a great deal to me and I want to ensure they’re resolved. Sincerely, Tom Schultz, Executive Director

went okay

Blue Bell Place went okay in the beginning. After a while Dad started acting out but nothing bad. It is the dementia unit and people do act out. He thought several of the women that worked there were my mother and he tried to get them to go home with him. The first time they call my brother so that he could be admitted in the behavioral unit. When my brother got there my dad was calm and they ate lunch together. The next time it happened they took him to the ER. Blue bell said the only way they would accept him back is if I paid for a private aid. So I got a private aid and the next morning the same thing happened with the aid there. She told me my dad was uncomfortable with someone shadowing him the whole time. This just increased his anxiety level. He was okay until he went to breakfast and had an incident and they had a police escort him to the ER. I feel like the staff should have been able to handle him better. So we did remove him from this facility. I was just not happy with the way management handled the situation. They could have done better.

very attentive

The staff at Blue Bell Place are very attentive. They have a lot of activities, there is something going on every hour. The transition for my mother was very difficult, she was very hard to handle and the staff here just really helped out a lot. They keep in touch with me on a regular basis and let me know how things are going. This facility provides a lot of different kinds of Doctors, and we have seen them all.

The facility itself is really nice. It's clean, and everyone is nice.

The facility itself is really nice. It's clean, and everyone is nice. The food is pretty good. Getting settled can take a little while, it's a big transition, and getting everything set up like medication and things can take some effort.

Very nice facilities. Very clean and well taken care of. Price is all inclusive which is nice. Friendly staff.

Overall I liked this one a lot.

Overall I liked this one a lot. I know a couple of people from my support group that are here. I like that they have the shadow boxes, and that the rooms are kept small. They have their main meal in the middle of the day, rather than at night. The dining room wasn't very nice, and could be more appealing.

Very Pleased with Blue Bell Place

My father moved to Blue Bell Place about 6 weeks ago and so far we are very pleased with his accommodations, the staff, the dining and activity program.

The staff is very conscientious about my father's health care, safety, personal grooming, and his studio apartment. They are on-the-ball and very reliable. Many of the staff members have been at the community for 8yrs -a telling sign.

The social program is awesome. They have a variety of upbeat events and outings each week with a focus on music and life-long learning. They entice residents to attend workshops by offering play money and host a monthly auction whereby items can be purchased -clever idea!

He feels comfortable and part of a special community.
We are very, very pleased!

Bad Experiences

My experience here was not a good one. Staff was not friendly or helpful. Had to ask a few times to first be let into the memory care unit then when I asked the aide to assist in transferring someone she did it with a lot of force and just not the way you are typically taught to handle someone. I would not recommend this place.

We’re very happy with it!

We’re very happy with it! it’s spotless and I’m there all the time. The only down side is that the food isn’t really great so if your loved one is very picky eater or if they really had their heart set on gourmet food, that could be a concern. It’s perfectly healthy food, just more home cooked.

Haven't had a good experience

My overall experience with this place has not been very good. The facility itself looks nice and the aides are all very friendly, however the care my loved one has been receiving feels sloppy and hasn't inspired much confidence. There have been mix-ups with the frequency of her meds, and she keeps being served dairy despite me telling them she is severely lactose intolerant. Also, I'm really not a fan of the doctor that serves this community, he really is not on the ball at all.

Best assisted living and nursing home in the area.

Blue Bell Place is an excellent assisted living and nursing facility. We looked at several locations in the area and Blue Bell Place far exceeded the other properties we visited. The staff is very friendly and our Mother has a large menu to choose from for all three meals. They provide many activities during the day and after dinner which keeps our Mother active and involved. The building is extremely clean and well maintained and there is a private garden for the residences to enjoy.

Blue Bell Place is dedicated to the residences to insure their health and safety.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for Mom. This was a nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However, as per their assessment Mom would have been placed in the memory care unit. We did not feel like she was at this level yet, and would not have her social needs met in that sort of environment.

We're very pleased.

We're very pleased. They do have some activities, they are kind of limited in content, the calendar is full, but what they are able to provide for the type of patients they have is limited becase the people can't do very much, my loved one is probably one of the stronger mental capacity patients they have so he gets a little bored but they have to hit the middle of the range with the patients they have. The food is good. The only thing I see a little bit weak is the communication Sometimes it's hard to find a staff person, they are all so busy, they are helping people. To get in and out you have to push a code and the bell rings and I hate to bother them but you have to bother them to get out. Just to ask some questions, they are just so busy and I hate to bother them, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. if I do ask a question they are very good at what they do. There is a little gap in the communication but it's very minor. We are kind of new and sometimes it's hard to find the right person or any person because they are all so busy and doing their jobs. They are extremely helpful and extremely friendly.

A good place for an unusual patient. ...

A good place for an unusual patient. My wife with dementia broke her hip and needed a place for rehab in a secure memory care unit. After searching among several options, I found this to be a good choice. The staff is knowledgable about the care of dementia patients, and the facility is attractive and comfortable. The marketing staff was especially helpful in explaining the routine and the program then intended to follow. There were no surprises, unlike other places we tried.

I was very impressed by thi...

I was very impressed by this facility and the staff. The facility was clean and 'homey'. I was particularly impressed by the size of the room and the decor in the memory care unit. Additionally, I was invited back to visit, participate in crafts, etc. and/or to have my parent utilize the respite care component! I loved this location and it remains high on the list of possibilities.

So-So Director

I was really seriously considering them for a respite stay for my mom because they were on the bottom floor with courtyard access. The director there was kind of so-so. Then he told me they didn't have anything available anyway but he would call me a month before I needed it and let me know either way. I never heard from him.

Would definitely recommend them

I wouldn't have any problems giving them a 4. There is nurse that doesn't communicate well, but the aids that are there, the ones that take them to the living room and feed them, who are really taking care of my mother, they are fabulous. The amdin has been great, I've talked to the higher ups and they're great. I go to Eileen who is very helpful, everyone above that one nurse is fabulous. The staff is all very nice and very caring. I've shopped around and the cost is great, I do wish they would encourage her to walk more and be able to be more varied with the kind fo food they're giving her. The have her on pureed food and they can't switch to solids when she can eat them. That's their policy, I don't know where it comes from, if its state regulation or what but I do understand where they're coming from. I haven't seen alot fo activities, I go at dinner time, but I've seen them bowling and doing a music thing, they were having a good time.

Nice, homey atmosphere. Very clean. S...

Nice, homey atmosphere. Very clean. Staff was friendly and residents seemed happy.

Price includes 3 meals, the clean you...

Price includes 3 meals, the clean your apartment take out your trash and laundry. all activities are free unless you go to the movies or out to a restaurant.

When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why one visit will shatter your expectations.

How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites. Best of all, you’re surrounded by an atmosphere that’s truly residential. Monotonous call bells and squawking intercoms – not here. Associates in scrubs – no way. Here, you’ll flourish, thrive and be empowered to express your true self, all in an environment unlike anything you’d expect.

Stop by and see our new renovations and ask about our ALL-INCLUSIVE rates!!

Located a scant thirty minutes from downtown Philadelphia, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania is a jewel among towns in the Keystone State. With a population of just above 6,000 people, there is an array of things to do and places to see in the immediate area around town. This means that for residents of Blue Bell Place, at 777 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, they have all the advantages of small town living coupled with big city amenities nearby. Blue Bell Place provides the best in retirement living for its residents, and is the ideal place for the active senior in your life.

Living at Blue Bell Place in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

In addition to providing a genteel setting for comfortable retirement living, Blue Bell Place also offers personal care services along with memory care for those suffering from memory-related maladies. Offering an almost intimate setting, Blue Bell Place denizens can easily avail themselves of neighboring eateries, entertainment centers, and healthcare facilities.

Housing options are available for residents including roomy studio units to spacious, one-bedroom apartments featuring such amenities as kitchenettes, big living rooms, and comfortable bathrooms in each unit.

While equipped with a kitchenette, we understand that cooking can become an expensive proposition, so facility staff offers meal plans that residents can enjoy in an elegant and well-appointed dining room. Beyond great food, the camaraderie of being able to chat with friends and neighbors cannot be measured.

Indeed, avoiding social isolation is one of the main things seniors worry about, and a myriad of public spaces is designed to facilitate relaxing interactions with friends and family. When not eating or socializing with friends, residents can take advantage of the many services and amenities offered at Blue Bell Place:

- Beautiful outdoor courtyards
- Full-service Beauty Saloon
- Barbershop
- Spa
- Stocked library
- Blue Bell Bistro

Standing by 24/7, Blue Bell Place's trained and dedicated staff is ready for any circumstances from addressing medical concerns to meeting the comfort needs of their residents. Beyond checking the temperature of the residents and their housing unit, however, Blue Bell Place staff members are dedicated to promoting a fun-filled and carefree living environment. b

Towards that end, residents can enjoy an array of onsite activities that aim to keep the mind and soul as healthy as the body.

For instance, day trips, customized care, and engaging classes are all available for the active senior looking for interaction with fellow denizens. Classes include:
- Flower arranging
- Language classes
- Gentle exercises
- Relaxation techniques

Living at Blue Bell Place is the perfect solution for retirees looking for a social surrounding that allows them the chance to pick and choose their activities in a safe and caring environment.

Living in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

Situated in the greater Philadelphia area, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania is ideally located for residents looking for easy access to an array of social, entertainment, and cultural activities that keep the mind and spirit as active and healthy as possible.

With the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, within easy travel distance, everything from professional sporting events to the ballet to fine dining opportunities, residents of Blue Bell Place want for nothing when it comes to finding fun and engaging activities. Home to a sophisticated and mature healthcare and transportation systems, eastern Pennsylvania is ideal for meeting the needs of active seniors who call Blue Bell Place home.

For those looking to spend a significant amount of lime out on the links, there is an array of golf courses situated in Blue Bell.
- Bluestone Country Club: 18 hole course/Par 71 (Private)
- Mermaid Swim and Golf Club: 9 holes/Par 27 (Public)
- Cedarbrook Country Club: 18 holes/Par 72 (Private)
- Blue Bell Country Club: 18 holes/Par 72 (Private)

For those retirees not enamored with golf, the Senior Adult Activities Center of Montgomery County is located in nearby Norristown and provides Blue Bell Place residents with plenty of options for learning, recreation, and services for people over the age of 50. Activities include:
- Dance
- Computers
- Social walking groups
- Creative Arts

Getting around town is easy, even for those residents who no longer drive. For instance, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) services Montgomery County and is readily accessible at nearby Penllyn Station on 908 Pershing Boulevard. Connecting service is available via Bus Route 94 running from Montgomery Mall to Chestnut Hill area.