Sunrise Senior Living of Blue Bell - Blue Bell, PA

[Removed] had a sign with my name welcoming me to the facility and it was just the beginning of such a homey and warm place to live. She gave me a lot of information and even had a warm apple pie for me to leave with.

Loved this place. [Removed] was very helpful and was willing to help with pricing. Small community, homey feeling and it didn't smell! It's on the top of our list of places that we have visited.

Beautiful Community

Sunrise Senior Living of Blue Bell was a nice community that we toured. It was very warm and inviting. The staff members were friendly and gave a good presentation of what their community had to offer. The residents seemed happy and well-kept. We ended up choosing another community that was a shorter commute so that I could visit mom more often.

No Problems, Pleasant Tour

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everyone was very kind. The community looked nice, everything was neat, and tidy. The staff I met was helpful, and kind. My questions were answered, and my tour guide was great. I did not have any problems with this community, it was just a bad location for myself.

We toured this community for care. The staff was nice and friendly. The community was nice and we needed a lot of help with some of the needs for my parents. the staff might consider activities for the resident according to their needs that should be considered. We would suggest other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Pleased with my tour!

From what I saw of Sunrise, the facility is great! I was pleased with the tour that I received. The facility was clean and the staff were knowledgeable and very friendly. They were also sure to assign staff to specific families in order to cater to their individual needs.

Care for mom

I toured this community. I liked the manager that was nice and helpful. They did have activities if we were able to move in. We wanted a flat fee for the care. The community was nice on the inside and out. We would recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Satisfied With My Mother Move Here

It has been a lovely experience for my mother here at this community. She is doing very well here. They have a good staff, they are caring for her well. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The community and her room is nice and clean when I visit. She is pleased with the meals, the food is good. I know she is safe and being cared for well. This is a community I would recommend. Everything has worked out well.

Sunrise was not the place for us!

This is a lovely old building. It seemed kind of dark in the community. I feel they needed to have a way to lighten up this community. The staff I meet were very nice. They do allow pets and have an enclosed courtyard.

Mixed experience

In terms of the people and the service provided I think they do a wonderful job at Sunrise. The facility is attractive, has a warm friendly feeling, and the people could not be nicer! They also do a great job with the food! However, when my loved one moved in there were numerous maintenance issues with the apartment, some of which we've resolved and some we are still working through. They're trying to be helpful and get these issues handled, but it is still taking some time.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We’d like to learn more about your move-in experience, e.g. maintenance issues so we may follow up. Please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(Dot)com.

so far so good

It is great at Sunrise Senior Living. The food is good. She has made friends there. Compared to where she was before it has been really good. The staff is quite friendly. They are a little expensive but it is cheaper than some other facilities around. They answer phone any time we call. So far so good here.

I wasn't very happy with them.

We used them for a respite stay, about a year ago. The food was good here, but the staff wasn't as good. They lost her partial plate. I wasn't very happy with them. There were issues after our respite stay, there were some billing issues, that took almost a year to get resolved. I had a hard time getting a hold of someone. They had a change in management, so those issues should be dealt with now, but I didn't have a great experience.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hello, thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We'd like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(Dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Senior Living.

Adjusting

My husband has adjusted very well to the community at Sunrise. The staff has been wonderful with helping him make the transition from life at home with me to living there. I visit quite often, but he seems so well adjusted, I don't feel that I have to in order for him to be happy. All his questions are answered, his needs are met & he is always redirected to other activities if he becomes restless. The care workers are thoughtful, considerate & respectful in caring for my husband. It was extremely difficult to leave him in someone else's care. I was sure he was the "one" who would not adjust, but I am so happy that I was proven wrong.

This facility was very costly, there were a lot of "add on" features that were "hard to explain" to us until they had a better assessment of our mom. Huge turnoff was as you walk through the entrance, off to the left was a "smoking room". As a non-smoker, it was awful to have to walk through there. When you were in the immediate common area, that smoke smell permeated the area. A plus about this facility was they have a house dog and a house cat for residents.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at [removed] with further details and we will follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please email us at Information at SunriseSeniorLiving dot com with further details, thank you.

Sunrise Senior Living of Blue Bell is...

Sunrise Senior Living of Blue Bell is a very good facility. Both my parents were there temporarily, only a few months, but they were very happy there. The staff was very accomodating, it was always clean, and the food was excellent. Overall the experience with Sunrise Senior Living was a good one.

Sunrise is a nice place

Sunrise in Blue Bell is a fantastic facility. The admission and sales manager, Amanda was extremely helpful. The staff overall are friendly and accommodating. The facility is clean and updated. The care plan was adequate and we were not pushed for additional care and services (which would have cost more $$). There are many activities for residents and their families.

Excellent place with higher level of care!

After visiting other facilities, our first impression was that Sunrise of Blue Bell was the best place to transfer my mother to from a northern NY nursing home. We were helped by everyone to make a successful transfer for her. The care has been excellent and she is happy in her new home.

It has it's ups and downs.

They don't have a schedule of activities, that we get on a regular basis. They do have them posted in the community. The communication between myself and the doctor, is lacking, I feel the nursing department should be facilitating that. Hearing aids disappear from time to time, then show back up. It's extremely homey, and the residents were at a level of care that still allowed for a good social atmosphere. The environment is really nice and very homey. When your loved one goes in you really need to be specific about the level of care that your loved one needs. The foods not bad. Sunrise doesn't take medicaid so if we run out of money we are out.

A very nice place!

All of the staff here have been very friendly, and very helpful. They are great at communicating and making sure I stay updated with my loved ones condition, which is good since I am located out of state. I really appreciate that they were willing to do a more in-depth assessment of my Mom and work with her to keep her in the assisted living as opposed to the memory care section, as I feel she would not have gotten the socialization she needs in memory care.

I'm very pleased so far.

Very pleased so far. The staff is very, very nice. I think she is being overcharged, she went in with a high level of care but since she has progressed beyond my dreams and she is still being charged the same. She uses less aides than in the begining and I supply a lot of supplies that I am still being charged the same amount and I can't get a breakdown of what she is being charged. They tell me of course I can have the breakdown but I haven't gotten it yet. I have eaten there a few times and it's very good. It's a very comfortable atmosphere, a lot of places wouldn't take her because her care level was too high. Some felt cold when I visited. It's homey and comfortable like I would want my home to be, not an institution, it's more like a home.

Amazing, would recommend to anyone!

We looked into a lot of places for Mom, and while Sunrise of Blue Bell is pricey, I have never met friendlier people anywhere. I've really never seen anything like it! From the moment she walked in they treated her like they had known her for years, like she was family. Mom had recently lost her husband and moved to an unfamiliar area and the amazing treatment she received here helped her SO much! She's been here for 3 months and the amazing treatment hasn't abated in the least, they still fall all over themselves to make sure she is having the best time possible. They really got to know to so that they'd know what activities she might like, introduced her to people who share her interests, and sat her at a dinner table with people who have become good friends. And it's not just for her, I've seen another new resident move in and get the same treatment.
And the amazing staff is not solely limited to the care staff. The marketing woman we worked with, Amanda, saw us when we were moving in and physically helped out, as well as rounding up some maintenance men to assist us. The administrator, Gary, comes around to residents and lets them know they can bring any problems to him directly and he'll get them worked out. I am a nurse and case manager and I have personally recommended this place to people!

So far so good. I'm pleased.

So far so good. I'm pleased. In general the place looks very clean but sometimes the housekeeping in the apartments could be a little better.
She doesn't require much care she mostly just gets her medication, but they haven't been late or missed any that I know of. The only thing she complains about on a fairly regular basis is that the food is never hot. It always smells fresh they always have fresheners going and the place is lovely, so the overall appearance was one of the things besides location that is why we chose this.

Those poor people, we know they are underpaid.

Those poor people, we know they are underpaid. They are actually really good, thinking about they don't make crap, and they make them work all the time, they are actually very good. But you can tell at the end of the day they are tired they are going home and they have their own worries, I think they should get paid a little more. Downstairs they do have activities, but I don't think they do a whole lot of anything but give them the tv, I want to take my stereo and play them some CD's there is never any music. Downstairs they have a piano player and exercise them, fine I realize Alzheimers patients probably aren't going to exercise but a little music isn't going to hurt life. They have a cat and a dog, but most of them don't even care about the cat and the dog, but some music not all day long but maybe a couple of times a day, I think music is really important to life. They have them help fold clothes. After being a mother my whole life I don't want to go into a home and fold clothes over again. I liked that it didn't smell and I liked that they had an outside place but now they lock the door all the time, I thought they let people out if they wanted to but they don't. I think that they have enough people watching, I think they could at least take them out twice a day. It's nice outside and it overlooks the golf course and just sitting them in front of the T.V. really bugs me. I just think they could do a little bit more. Some of them are so amazing like the janitor he has that A personality and he walks into the room and knows all their names and they all light up when they see him, and he's the janitor and he's probably being paid nothing but he takes his job so seriously and he is worth a million bucks and they don't even know it. He calls everybody by their last name and my mom just lights up and he just lights up everyone he talks to but he's making everybody feeling like they are so special.

Sunrise of Blue Bell - My Mom's New Home

Both my mother and I were immediately comfortable with Sunrise of Blue Bell upon our first visit there. It is roomy enough for residents to be able to walk around and have different activities, yet small enough that it feels very homey. I ate supper there one evening and was so impressed that the staff addressed every single resident by name as they served them their meal. My mom made friends almost immediately and keeps herself involved in the life of the community by participating in the scheduled activities. She's free to do as much, or as little, as she desires, so it preserves her sense of independence. I am grateful that we found this lovely community.

Possible option

This could be an option possibly sooner rather than later. For my mother, certainly proximity to home was good, Blue Bell is where her home is and we're not too far from there. Proximity is good, it's a nice facility, it shows well anyway. The director there was very helpful and I've been in contact with Amanda and she's been very helpful and she stays in contact, she's been great. We were able to get my mother in on an impromptu tour. I think it's relatively new and one of the keys was their ability to accept pets.

Not Great With Communication

Origianlly it was planned that my mom was going to have a double room which was going to be cheaper but when I got her there they didn't have that room anymore and she had to go in a room by herself so it was more expensive.

The marketing director was very, very friendly. Everybody there seemed to be very nice. There was a little bit of confusion with the medication. I was gone for 5 weeks so I gave them a 2 month's supply of everything. After 3 weeks I get a call saying their out. It turns out they had it so that was fine but when I got home I recieved a bill from omnicare for prescriptions. I called the head nurse and left 8 messages and never heard back. I finally called the director a few days ago and I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Great staff

The Sunrise staff was very receptive and eager to do business. My father is still adjusting as he just recently moved in. Please be advised the "Value" and "Activities" categories pre-fill but right now we do not have enough experience to acurately rate those two categories.

$3000 community fee, $118/day ($3540 ...

$3000 community fee, $118/day ($3540 per mo.) base, $12/day med.,add'l levels - $33, $52, $72 replied 10/15

We visited the Sunrise and found it v...

We visited the Sunrise and found it very bright and pleasant. However, restroom too small for My mom's comfort level.

Fine; although it's executive staff s...

Fine; although it's executive staff seems very thin. I like the atmosphere and the house pets

We needed to find a place quickly and...

We needed to find a place quickly and Sunrise was available and willing to help us with the fast turn around of paperwork. The down side is that they do not have a lot of secure walking area for the dementia patients so this may not be permanent. My dad loves to walk.

We were very impressed

We were very impressed

I was very impressed with this facili...

I was very impressed with this facility, the friendliness of the staff and how comfortable the residents appeared.

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized personal care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.