Desert Winds Assisted Living & Memory Care - Peoria, AZ

Peace of mind!!

My 96 year old mother resides at Desert Winds Assisted living. The staff has been wonderful from the director to the staff that cleans and does laundry. The front desk staff is always helpful and so caring. Any questions can be answered by [name removed] the sales manager, she goes above and beyond. The nursing staff is very compassionate and works with residents doctors. The atmosphere there is nurturing. Mom’s memory is slipping; the staff will go and get her to participate in activities. I have great peace of mind knowing Mom is in such a caring palace.

Debbie Miller

Thank you!

Not our favorite!

My husband and I toured Desert Winds Assisted Living during our search. The people there were friendly and answered our questions, but we did not like the fact that it was 2 stories and no elevator.

Debbie Miller

Desert Winds Assisted Living is two stories but does have an elevator. Our sister community Desert Winds Independent Living also has elevators. The only area that doesn't have elevator access is our second floor casitas. However, we also have first floor casitas....no stairs!

Hospital Like

I thought it looked really depressing and very hospital like. I just would never put anybody in there. It's probably better than some but it was definitely several grades lower than the place we chose.

Desert Winds is a beautiful Assisted Living Community near Sun City, Arizona. Our Retirement Community provides large studio, one-and two-bedroom apartments with ample space for our residents’ furniture, clothing and personal items. The two-story Assisted Living Building is built around a courtyard that is a focal point for activities and also provides beautiful views from the apartments surrounding this lush garden setting. Gorgeous sunrise, sunset and mountain views are available from all other apartments.
Prior to moving into our Assisted Living Retirement Community a resident is given a complete assessment by our licensed Desert Winds Staff, in order to develop a personal care plan that is unique to him or her. Our a-la-carte menu of services ensures that each resident only pays for what he or she needs, and makes it convenient to alter the plan of care should the resident’s needs change.

Highly qualified, licensed Assisted Living Staff are on hand 24 hours a day to provide loving care, delicious well-balanced meals and a variety of activities to enrich the lives of our residents.