Palos Verdes Senior Living - Peoria, AZ

Small quaint facility

This facility matched my Mother’s personality perfectly. It’s a smaller community and it’s very quaint. There are a lot fewer residents than other places and it isn’t as intimidating. The staff members here are always friendly and they greet us anytime we're in the halls. For activities they offer things like shopping trips, bridge clubs, and a full calendar of things to do. However, the only thing I didn’t like is the marketing director said they had an orientation to help my mom get acclimated and they didn’t do that. I would recommend this community to other families.

My mother loves the place!

My mother has been there for 4 months now and she loves the place. The people are all so friendly and nice, from maintenance to cafeteria, cleaning - the entire staff. Residents are happy, friendly, sociable - she has made many friends. She loves her apartment and the activities. They provide a LOT of entertainment for the residents. It is also a secure facility - someone is staffed 24 hours at the front entrance, cameras throughout. I am very, very pleased.

WE Are Very Happy With All They Do

The care for my friend has been going good. The experience has been very good and we have no complaints. Everything is excellent here. The food is excellent. He is happy and he loves being here. He also loves the transportation they provide.

I Was Helping Out

I went to see and tour the community for my friends. In my experience they were all courteous and polite. There were incentives for moving in but the choice was up to my friends and they felt this was not the best fit.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. If you or your friends have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints about how things had went for our tour of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan as well as the other amenities they had for the residents throughout the building. It was a clean property but it was just not the right fit for her

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! While we were not the right fit for your mother, we are nonetheless glad we were able to make your tour with us a pleasant experience! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Great Property!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has recently made the move into this community . The staff have been easy to work with and I am comfortable with the care she has been provided. I like the dinning experience she has with the other residents as well as other activities she is involved in throughout the week. Overall it has been a pleasant time and I would recommend it to anyone.

Samantha McCue

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We're happy to hear that your mother is enjoying her time as one of our residents! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your mother's positive experience. Have a great day!

Excellent and Compassionate Care!

Our mother lived at Palos Verdes Senior Living for over 4 years. During that time, she experienced care in Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. In all 3 living areas, the staff was truly outstanding, upbeat, and compassionate. The facility was very clean and comfortable. The menu offered a good variety of options, and the activities were fun and stimulating. Palos Verdes Senior Living was an excellent choice for our mother's care and certainly gave us peace of mind, knowing that our mother was receiving the best possible care available. We would strongly recommend Palos Verdes Senior Living to others.

A clean, nice facility...

My husband and I toured Palos Verdes Senior Living along with our daughter. The facility was nice, it was clean and in good shape. The young lady that gave us her tour was friendly and informative, it was a good experience to tour.

An Informing Tour

For the tour we had the staff was on time and gave us useful, honest information about the community. We liked it a lot and I thought is was really good. Everything looked really good. They were our second choice but they were not close enough for guest to visit my mom.

A nice tour for mom

I toured this community for my mom. The community is clean and well taken care of. It was not a good location for her to be able to get to her doctor's appointments. They were very nice and caring with the questions we had. We liked what we were able to see when it came to the variety of activities for her. We do recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one and the value of care

A community tour

I toured this community for the care of my mom. This community was not what we were looking for at the time. We found that the staff was very nice and friendly. We liked that it was clean and maintained. They would have offered her activities. We suggest other families see this community for the care of a loved one.

One of our top 2 choices!!

My tour of the Palos Verdes Senior Living went very well, the place was very nice and the people were all very friendly and knowable. The reason we went with another community was because the apartments in this place were pretty small. Other than that it was a top choice for us.

Very nice! Somewhat expensive but liked the residents club that has extra prompting for involvement for my father.

Everything is Suitable

The care that I get from the staff is going fine for me. The community is always being cleaned in all areas including my apartment. I see pets living with other residents in the community. They could do a lot better seasoning and flavoring the meals. I like everything else they provide. The people are great and when I need something the staff are prompt.

A Good Facility For Another Person

That was a very nice community to see. They did not have the right studio size for mom though. The assisted living does not have a dining room nearby. One would have to go in the elevator and go to another floor. We did not choose because they did not have the staff and dining room room close and it was a little more expensive by $1000. It was very nice tour and the staff were friendly. The girl was very nice and knowledgeable. My sister and I felt comfortable asking question. She was not pushy. she was sweet.

Everything is good!

The tour was nice that we took. The person that took us around was very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions. We saw residents out. Everything went well.

Good Care

This is a very nice community for good care. The staff is nice and very helpful. The food is good with a nice variety. They offer great activities. I would recommend this for great care for a love one.

I would recommend Palos Verdes Senior Living!!

My father in law was only at this community for a short time. The staff were amazing. The food seemed as good as it could have been. They had a good schedule of activities to offer. The community was clean and well taken care of.

Very, very nice community. Well furnished. Washer and dryer in larger apartments. Dining all day and all meals. Pool. Nice location. Stove and dishwasher in large kitchen. Lots of good trips.

They Are Taking Care Of Mom

My mom is doing okay here and she is getting very good care by the staff. I have been there every night to be there for my mom. I like the caregivers who are nice people but I feel they can be better and more attentive to the residents. The food also need some improvements. At times the meat can be hard to chew.

Mom Is Happy

I am happy to see my mom getting good care from this community. I am able to communicate well with the staff and they understand our needs. The community is definitely clean and the meals taste very good. I definitely would recommend this place.

Very Lovely Community

This is a very nice community. It is pretty new so everything looks very nice and clean. The staff was very kind and friendly. They offered us a meal, and the food was great. It has a very homey atmosphere to it. Our issues were with the grounds, they were very little. The outside of the community was very basic, my mother loves a beautiful scenery. So this place just wouldn't had worked out for us.

Fantastic Senior Living

I am very impressed by the care my dad is receiving. The staff is great. The home is immaculate and I am so glad my father was able to go there!

I give Palos Verde 5 stars all the way!!!

My sister is settling in nicely at Palos Verdes Senior Living. She enjoys participating in the numerous activities they offer. The food is nutritious, good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

They have done a good job.

My mother loves it. We moved her to Palos Verdes from Florida. The social aspect of living in a community has done wonders for her. The staff has been very helpful and very considerate of the residents living there. She does complain about the food but they seem to be working with her on that. My mother was a very good cook and spent hours in the kitchen. She takes her own little mixture of spices to dress up her meals thou. So far so good. it has been 6 weeks now and she is settling in with her friends now.

Flexible and Accommodating

The staff at Palos Verdes Senior Living, just everybody from administrative to the nursing staff and all the caregivers, were all excellent. They are very flexible with us and very accommodating to all of our needs.

very good

They have very good activities for the senior residents. The ratio of workers to residents is very good, such that the residents can get the care and attention that they need. The facility itself is very nice, clean, and well kept. I wish I could have kept my mother there longer, but unfortunately finances would not allow it.

very happy

They're level of communication with all of the family members has been very good. The admission process was very well handled. Any time there have been any issues, they have worked to get them straightened out.

They certainly met and exceeded our expectations and that of our in-laws. They are very happy to be there. It is a very welcoming place, both in terms of welcoming the residents and in terms of welcoming in family members for meals and visits.

The only area for improvement is that they could have communicated a little better with us and among themselves in terms of who is doing what with the care services.

Happy mother, happy daughter!

We visited many senior living complexes in Peoria before we made our decision on Palos Verdes Senior Living. We ultimately chose Palos Verdes because it was a newer and cleaner facility with a very friendly staff. Because it is newer, the layout is great and a lot of thought went into designing the common areas to maximize convenience for the residents. The individual apartments are cheerful and are located within a short (indoor) walking distance to the common amenities. The sitting room is very inviting, complimented by a warm and cozy fireplace. Our mother has made many meaningful friendships at Palos Verdes Senior Living. I would highly recommend this home to others!

Very Clean and Professional Staff

I toured the Palos Verdes Senior Living. It was Very clean. The staff was friendly the executive director was professional. She was able to able to answers all of our questions. I can't rate the care services because I only toured.

Very nice place

We have had a good experience overall with Palos Verdes Senior Living, I would give them high marks across the board! The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

Very nice

So far we don't have any major concerns. Everything I have heard and seen, seems to be pretty good.So far it's working out. We are very happy with it. The food seems well balanced and nutritional. Very nice community. Warm and friendly residents and staff.

Very Nice Staff

We loved the facility and nothing wrong with it, mom just wanted to come back to her home. Fantastic staff and living areas.

Very nice community. Warm and friendly residents and staff.

they are very good

The activities at Palos Verdes Senior Living are very good. They keep my mom active and busy. I really can't even think of anything they could do to improve. It's a very clean nice facility with wonderful friendly staff, and mom is very happy there.

Seemed like a nice place, overall

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. The woman who gave us our tour was friendly and informative, and the community looked nice overall. Everything was very clean and well cared for. However, the living area was just too small for our loved one. We didn't get a lot of hands on experience with the care or the activities, but it did seem like they had a lot to offer!

Great place to be

They were very helpful in placing my mom in the right area and they are taking good care of her. We are very pleased and happy with everything. The staff is professional, caring and friendly. It's a great place to be. We are happy.

Review of Palos Verdes Senior Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Peoria, AZ

Definitely the most Updated Community Apt.,Balcony Units W/Washer & Dryer in unit,Cox Cable Included ,Movies Every Night,Exceptional Gathering Rm. for Family Functions...Catholic services Onsite or Transport to Elizabeth Seton on Sunday's .....Housekeeping Services Every 2 Weeks. Downside...Guest Parking is Very Limited and we were there on a weekday :/ It seems that she was stressing that in case of falls that they handle that situation differently between assisted & independent living area's..like the staffing is more capable of handling 24 hr. assistance in falls in the assisted living units....in the independent units it is more like ck. on them and if need assistance they call 911....I am a bit confused on that scenario....that is a Main concern of ours is to have someone there in case of a fall to help access the situation and assist them...if we put both of my parents in assisted living then they would have to go in a 1Bdrm Unit...thinking that would be quite an adjustment from their home they live in now.

Great place to be!

Respite stay

Mom is spending a month respite care and is still there. She was excited at first, but after a week or so she is now feeling like the help doesn't want to help her as much. She is being told there are no activities for her at different times of the day and she seems to spend a lot of time in her room. Mom has low vision and hearing problems. She would like to sit at different tables when dining because there is hardly no talk/conversation at the table she is at. Mom doesn't want to "rock the boat" so she doesn't want to complain, but She is eager to get back home, which is not the experience I wanted her to have.

Top Notch

They are a top notch organization that offers very high quality services and delivers on them. The food was okay. They do have an outside area. They have a special program called the residents club for people in the assisted living area that have symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease, but not enough to be in memory care. The woman who runs that is just fantastic.

Palos Verdes Senior Living

My mother recently moved into the Memory Care section at Palos Verdes. It was, by far, the nicest of any I had looked at - the common rooms, dining room and hallway are very attractively decorated. The room was the largest I had seen - there's no sense of being cramped, even tho' it's a studio apartment. Additionally, the food is great.

We are really happy with it.

We are really happy with it. I have been there numerous times and there is always something going on. They do laundry once a week. The food is excellent, they have the right size portions. I would recommend this to just about anybody. We wanted all levels of care, and I didn't want to have to move her again. The price could always be a little less, but other than that there really isn't anything I think needs to be improved.

Beautiful facility and well...

Beautiful facility and well designed memory unit.

New facility, nice.saw a #C...

New facility, nice.saw a #C, small, but wd work.

Looks nice; don't know abou...

Looks nice; don't know about prices, services. Need to call.

A Great Place for Seniors. The staff ...

A Great Place for Seniors. The staff are all exceptional especially Debbi Bruni , the director of the Residents Club. The community is friendly, clean and run smoothly. The food was ok but feeding so many with different dietary needs is a challenge. Un fortunately, our Mother did not like it there because there were no Asians living in the community and we did not realize how difficult it was to stay the course , to allow Mom to get accustomed to this great place. Mom needed assisted and perhaps more memory care assistance than we realized. We were not in complete accord ( the four of us children ) and therefore, our brother took Mom out. If I had to do it over again, I would insist that Mom stay there at least a month, not just 1 week to really give them a good chance to succeed with Mom.

Nice and New Facility

We have had a great experience with Palos Verdes so far! I suppose they could improve, since no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement, but nothing in particular comes to mind. We really like that the facility is nicer and newer than some of the others, as well as all of the activities and ammeneties that they offer. Overall, it's a great choice!

A few issues, but overall, a great place!

We can't say enough good things about Dan! Our loved one is so happy here!

There are a few small issues however. One being the dogs. Some bark in the early morning when going for their walk waking up the neighbor , and they are intersperced throughout the building. Also, the leashes cause a safety hazard because people can trip over them. The transportation is also an issue sometimes.

Other than that, the meals are great! We feel like our loved one is safe and well taken care of here. The staff are all so friendly and know the residents by their first names. Whoever hires the employees are doing a great job! They have a wide variety of activities and it's such a beautiful place! It would be nice to see some of the exercise classes later in the morning for residents who are late sleepers.

A beacon of hope...

After touring various facilities (to many to count!), we found that not only was Palos Verdes Senior Living the best fit for Dad's needs, but the overall picture of care available for him gave us such peace of mind too.

There are the various levels of care that we expect that he will be happiest here than anywhere else. Thankfully the staff and the residents have made Dad, and us, feel very welcome in the short time since Dad moved in.

He was not one to participate in activities in his ‘over 55 neighborhood’ (he & Mom lived there for over 20 years) because of his decline in health, lack of ability to physically balance when outside, signs of early dementia, and the politics that always rear their head in those types of communities.

We hardly recognize the outgoing personality that Dad has become. His health has improved, he is developing friendships, and his willingness to try various activities that he would never have done while living on his own.

The facility is very family friendly to visit as there are various rooms that are open for large family gatherings, as well as, Dad’s apartment is welcoming too.

We are so happy to refer others to visit Palos Verdes as a great option for a loved one.

Excellant showers. Rooms ar...

Excellant showers. Rooms are very small residents are tight for space. patios a okay for a dog, do have a service to pick up after the dog and walk the dog. Food is bad, over cooked, just tastes bad. wilted salad, pie had to be scraped off the plate like everything was dished up hours ago and reheated. Beautiful building,new, lots of people out playing cards etc.

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINN...

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!! Deposit paid & plans being made to bring Mom to this facility, Memory Care

Mom Wasn't Satisfied With The Activities

My mom used to live there about two years ago. That was when it was just starting up and she's highly impatient and was not satisfied with the social activities at that place. But it was only a third full at the time. We couldn't convince her to wait a few months and see if it changed. She couldn't wait so she went back to her home which hadn't sold yet.

Outstanding Dining Service

The place is only two years old. It's very modern and clean. The dining service is outstanding! The staff are all really helpful and go out of their way to give you any assistance you might need. They did a great job of preparing the apartment before my parents moved in. I saw it before and after they cleaned it and after, it looked brand new. I can't really comment on the care services becuase my parents are in independent living, but I know assisted living and memory care are available. My parents have started using the shuttle service to church and doctor's appointments. So far, so good!

It was a lovely facility . the dining...

It was a lovely facility . the dining room schedule was a plus. some of the negatives was poor visitors parking and it being a multilevel bldg. I was hoping to get a room with a patio but those are only available to independent living residents

GOOD things: The Director gave us ...

GOOD things: The Director gave us a very complete tour. Independent & assisted were in separate wings (good). Very clean. Appeared to be well managed. BAD things: Too small. Not enough other couples to socialize with.

Nice new place, but not great outdoor...

Nice new place, but not great outdoor landscaping/enclosed and staff felt less than warm.

When I saw this place I said this is ...

When I saw this place I said this is for him. It's new and very nicely put together

too expensive, great location, new

too expensive, great location, new

Very nice friendly facility. Staff an...

Very nice friendly facility. Staff and residents know each other by name. Has roll-in shower Lots of activities and interaction with oters

Enjoyed meeting with the director. Ca...

Enjoyed meeting with the director. Call Pendents monitored by them. Spacious apt. looks promising

Louis sent some good information and ...

Louis sent some good information and called. Really nice. It would be our 2nd choice. Mostly because that in the future if we needed to go with ALTSC, we would have to move her.

Facility was beautiful, lacking in gr...

Facility was beautiful, lacking in grounds for residents to walk through, construction on pool has started but that will be the only outside area for residents. For a one bedroom 865 sq ft, it starts at 2900.00. No lease requirement, month to month rental. Had lunch food was wonderful. he liked the facility but not the fact that there are very little grounds, pool in progress and that the facility is only one third full.

Palos Verdes is the premier senior living community in Peoria, Arizona just northwest of Phoenix. We offer independent living, assisted living and Dementia / Memory Care in Peoria, Arizona. This newly built Northwest Phoenix residential community is less than one year old.

Palos Verdes Senior Living puts a new level of affordable luxury within your reach - including "At Your Service" hospitality, one-of-a-kind assisted living amenities and innovative activity programs.

The beauty of living at Palos Verdes is that you never have to do it alone. You've spent decades perfecting the art of living, now is your chance to enjoy it. Palos Verdes features Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Memory Care options. At Palos Verdes we've created a unique community designed to help you make the most of your vitality and independence.

We know how difficult change can be, especially for seniors, so we'll do whatever we can to make the transition into your new home as seamless as possible. Together with a perfectly appointed community, exceptionally trained staff and energetic social calendar, our caring staff makes sure each resident receives the "At Your Service" hospitality you'd expect. Our goal is to maximize our residents' independence, health, security and peace of mind by striving to keep our residents as active and involved as possible through a wide variety of activity programs promoting both physical and cognitive health. And with our flexible month to month rental program, our lifestyle is entirely within reach.

Palos Verdes Memory Care program offers a unique and very effective approach to Alzheimer's and dementia care, seeking to understand and align the paths of the individual, the family, and the caregiver.

Watch a video of our community here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxcAb2Gjbt0&list=UUzt_MfHwCYUG7gA98eoxZAQ