We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Dentist Available
About The Woodmark at Sun City - Sun City, AZ
Nearly six acres of beautifully landscaped property frames the three-story Assisted Living (102 apartments) and single-story Courtyard for Memory Care (32 suites).
Studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two-bath apartments include kitchens with full-sized refrigerator/freezers, walk-in closets, individual thermostats, smoke detectors, sprinkler system, emergency call system, and large bathrooms with step-in showers. Other amenities include: elegant dining room, coffee shop, activity rooms, gardening room, library with computer, beauty/barber shop, elevators, spa room, fitness room and Wellness Clinic. Nursing staff is available 24 hours a day.
The Courtyard is a secured memory care residence adjacent to The Woodmark Assisted Living. Specialized staff provide additional support and activities for the memory impaired in a smaller, specially designed setting. The Courtyard has a lovely dining room, activity rooms, aviary and a Towne Square with beauty shop, tool shop, laundry, and arts and crafts room. Three secured courtyards provide plenty of room for walking.
Residency Agreements are month-to-month, with rates based on the size of apartment and the amount of assistance required.
Sun City is a warm and beautiful city to live in. It has a low walk score, which means that residents need a car to get around when running errands. This city was designed for seniors, as there are numerous support facilities around. Easily find suitable senior housing facilities and veterans' facilities in the city.
- Walkability score: Sun City has a walkscore of 15, which means that almost all errands require a car. This city is the 19th most walkable city on foot in Henderson. The most walkable neighborhoods include Solera at Anthem, Southfork, Anthem, Seven Hills, Green Valley Ranch, MacDonald Ranch and Green Valley South.
- Average age in the ZIP code: In 2015, the population reached 39,111 people, with a median age of 72.7 years.
- Senior housing facilities in the ZIP code: About 69 different senior housing facilities are located in the ZIP code and in surrounding cities. Some offer memory care services and assisted living services.
- Average weather info: With 3.6 months in the hot season and 3.2 months in the cold season, daily temperatures range from 43 to 106 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Veterans' facilities in the area: A remarkable amount of veteran's faclitis and services can be found in Sun City Center. There are also many other facilities available in the city and in surrounding neighborhoods.
Sun City public transit is quite convenient, with discounted rates for senior citizens. Taxis and ride shares are available when public transit is no longer running.
- Buses: Valley Metro offers various bus routes in and around Sun City. Seniors who are 65 years of age and older and who have a driver's license, state ID card or Valley Metro reduced fare ID are entitled to discounted rates.
- Trains: The closest train station is in Phoenix.
- Taxis: The most popular taxi company in Sun City is Sun City Taxi Cab.
- Ride shares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Sun City.
Health and Safety
The crime rate in Sun City is quite low. To cater to senior residents, the city offers several hospitals, medical facilities and specialized medical centers.
- Hospitals in the area: The largest general hospitals in Sun City include Banner Boswell Medical Center, Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, Trillium Specialty Hospital and Boswell Hospital.
- Crime rate in the ZIP code: Sun City is 35 percent safer than all other U.S. cities. Annually, approximately 501 property crimes and 298 violent crimes are reported. The crime rate is approximately 20.31 per 1,000 residents.
Sports and leisure
It's not hard to stay active and fit when in Sun City, thanks to the golf courses, tennis courts and gyms nearby. Many of these recreational facilities are free and open to the public. Gyms offer numerous senior-friendly activities and classes that make it easy to meet other fit senior residents.
- Golf courses nearby: The most popular courses include the Sun City South Golf Course, Willow Creek Golf Course, Sun City Country Club, Sun City North Golf Course, Sun City Lakes West Golf Course and Palmbrook County Club.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Find a court to play on at R.H. Johnson Campus Tennis Courts, Tennis Cabana and R.H. Johnson Recreation Center.
- Gyms nearby “ senior friendly (aerobics): Numerous gyms in Sun City offer an array of senior-friendly activities and classes. Popular options include Sun City - Body & Brain YogaÂ·Tai Chi, LA Fitness and Lotus Club Fight & Fitness.
Shopping and entertainment
Sun City is filled with quite a few shopping centers, grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters and libraries, plus attractions to suit outdoor enthusiasts. Gamblers also have a lot of fun in the city, thanks to the Desert Diamond Casino.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Shopping centers in Sun City carry fashionable clothing year round. Popular shopping centers include the Thunderbird Plaza Shopping Center, La Ronde Shopping Center, Bell Camino, Neighborhood Shopping Centers and Sun City Promenade.
- Grocery stores: Grab fresh groceries and produce at Safeway, Fry's Food and Drugs and Bashas'. Many of these grocery stores offer organic foods for health-conscious residents.
- Restaurants: Enjoy a delicious Italian meal with wine at Dominic's Bistro Italiano. Little Bite of Italy offers live music, and Chang Lee Restaurant offers some of the best Chinese cuisine in the city. Nino's Mexican Food Restaurant serves superb Mexican dishes that have residents returning time and time again.
- Movie theaters: Catch newly released Hollywood movies at movie theaters in surrounding cities. Popular options include Harkins Park West and Theatre Works.
- Libraries: Borrow books, movies and a variety of items from Sun City Library, Fairway Library and R.H. Johnson Library.
- Attractions: Gamble and have some fun at the Desert Diamond Casino. Gateway Park and Bill Gentry Park are both popular options for outdoors enthusiasts.
Easily find a prayer group or a house of worship in Sun City. Popular churches and synagogues include:
- The Church Of The Nazarene
- Grace Bible Church
- Faith Presbyterian Church
- United Church of Sun City
- American Lutheran Church
- Temple Beth Shalom