Brookdale Peoria - Peoria, AZ

Brookdale Peoria - Peoria, AZ has yet not published prices.

This is more medical and more of a nursing home type of place. It was not a good fit for my mother-in-law.

Looks like a nursing home that was turned into an assisted living facility. There was no one there prepared for my visit, but the nurse on duty walked me around the facility. I didn’t see any rooms and didn’t receive pricing or other data. I was given business cards and asked to call the office M-F during business hours.

Totally Resident Oriented

Brookdale has been great so far. They are totally resident oriented here. They never tell me no, and they really do try to work with me and my needs. The food is wonderful, and they do a good job accommodating my diet. They have lots of activities here as well, like morning exercises, discussion of current events, and live entertainment. The place is absolutely spotless, and I really that it is a one story building.

Brookdale Peoria

I toured Brookdale for my loved one. I did not like this community at all. to me, it felt like a nursing home that had been changed to an assisted living facility. It felt old, dark, and overall not like a good fit for us.

My mom's care

I like this community for my mom. The staff is wonderful to my mom. She seems to be happy with the variety of healthy menu that is offered. The community is clean and maintained. She likes being involved with the community and the activities that are available. We would recommend this community to other families for excellent care and a good value for others.

An Awesome Place

My visit to Brookdale was only 20
Days ,but they were the most
Awesome days ever .
Everyone there was so attentive ,
Caring.,loving ,
The food there was absolutely
Delicious.
Each one on staff treated me
As someone very special, which
Meant the world to me .
If I'm ever in Az. again ,& need
A. Place to stay, Brookdale is most
Definetly the place for me.

Very Kindly yours
[Removed]

Not a lot of space

We toured this community when looking for my mother. The staff was very friendly and able to answer all of our questions. The reason why we didn't choose them is because it was too small with many residents and felt crowded.

Respite Care and Physical Therapy

she is doing fine for her respite and getting physical therapy from the community. The staff are pretty good people and providing the best care they can for being in a wheelchair. She has been getting 2 helpers to assist her with what she needs. She has no complaints about the meal selection and flavor, she is alright with it all. Housekeeping is keeping her room tidy, clean without misplacing any of her belongings. Brookdale was there and ready when we needed a place quickly.

I did quite a bit of research before we selected Brookdale Peoria and we couldn't be happier with our selection. We feel very comfortable that our Dad is very good hands. I have enjoyed meeting all the staff. They appear to be nice people and knowledgeable regarding their duties. You need to paint the front entrance though.

A nice looking community

We really liked this community when we visited. We would have chosen this community if it was a little closer. It is not to large and the staff we met were nice. The community was clean.

Staff Are Paying Attention and Wonderful

My parents are doing fine in the community. The staff are so wonderful and the my mom loves the food they make. She also loves to participate in the activities during the day, my step-dad likes to stay in his room. I like the way the staff take care of them individually and they pay attention to them and keep me updated and posted about their condition.

Assisted living for mom

My mother needed to get into an assisted living situation in an emergency situation. Brookfield Peoria helped to get her a room in respite, and were wonderful about accommodating our needs. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. The facility is beautiful, and very friendly to use for the residents. A very good value as well, compared to other parts of the country.

David

I went to visit my father. I wanted to confirm that they were taking good care of him. He said he was getting good care. They were having a Halloween party at the time.

Brookdale Peoria is a good place for respite care!!

My husband spent 8 days at this community for respite care. The main issue was that they did not follow through on some of the care options they told us about in the beginning. The food was mushy but the community was kept clean. I have recommended this community for respite care.

Dedicated Staff

I had the chance to take a tour of this community. The place is more dated and clean. My tour guide was the manger of the community and I liked how she was on time, prepared, and thorough with every topic discussed. While observing the community I noticed the staff assisting residents and I was impressed with the level of attention given to the residents that were either walking around or asking questions. There was always a staff keeping an eye on the residents.

EXCELLENT STAFF

They have an excellent staff there. I am pleased with all of their services.

Can't Rave About Them Enough

What they can improve on is the taste of their food. I lacks some flavor. Other than that, it is an absolutely awesome place. The staff is wonderful they take wonderful care of my dad, who is a challenge. And I just can't rave them about enough. I recommend that place for anyone.

This place is garbage.

This place is garbage. The food there is terrible. They keep telling me it's low sodium, but I went in there one day and they were serving sloppy joes and potato chips, it was loaded with salt. They have a menu of all the choices you should have, but when you go in there they don't have those choices available. The wellness director will tell you she is going to do things, but then she won't do them. There are a couple of people that are really good, and Marcy is fantastic. After the first week we were doing so good, but then things just went downhill and it was like, good luck getting Diane to help with that. It was an awful experience.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

The people who run it are enthusiastic and have a lot of energy..

They have been extremely helpful. The people who run it are enthusiastic and have a lot of energy. The location of the Brookdale Peoria is good. The food seems to be good. The cleanliness and friendliness is excellent. Everyone there is very friendly and welcoming. Overall, it has been a very good experience. I would recommend the Brookdale to anyone. I am very pleased with the services. Four Stars.

Not too bad except for communication

My mother has been living there and it's gone well, however, I wish they would communicate better with family members that live out of town on how residents are doing whether it be through technology, a phone call, a letter, anything; that's probably my only complaint with Brookdale Peoria.

Dad really likes it there

My father is staying at Brookdale Peoria and things are going good. They have his meds going good. They keep his room and the whole place very nice and clean. The meals, activities, staff, etc., are all very good. Dad really likes it there.

very professional, great care

They have a very professional group of care givers and nurses that are very caring and very attentive to the residents. They are really on top of each resident and very responsive to the families if there are any issues. It is a very friendly place. They also seem to have a lower turnover rate than other places we have noticed.

The only negative I can even think of would be the cost. Everything about them is a five star rating, but it does come at a price.

It was a very nice place. I think it was just way to big for my mom

We looked here as we were touring. It was a very nice place. I think it was just way to big for my mom. She really didn't need so much space, and would have been a little overwhelmed I think. It's very nice, and the people are nice, it just wasn't a good fit for us.

Great place

The Brookdale Peoria is a great place. It has some areas that need improvement, but overall, I would say, it's a great place. Location is convenient and staff is friendly and caring. Place is well kept and clean. Overall, we are happy with the facility and services.

I've been extremely happy with Sterli...

I've been extremely happy with Sterling House. My mom is adjusting well. Staff is very friendly, very responsive, and caring. My mom's personal care assistant is very patient and attentive. The facility is very clean, and well maintained. Any minor concerns we've ever had, they tend to them immediately to resolve any issues. Overall I'm satisfied with the services, and I would highly recommend this facility to others.

Sterling House is a shining star!

I am familiar with two Assisted Living Homes in the area. Sterling House is the best. The staff really care for their residents. My Uncle was having such a difficult transition and really challenged the staff in the first few days. The staff partnered with me to obtain the help that he needed. They cater to the residents. Our family is always made to feel welcome and involved. There is always something going on. Residents are out of their rooms in the open spaces being with each other. Residents help out and are made to feel useful. Several take care of their fellow residents making sure they have what they need. When an emergency arose, the had his medical chart ready and handed me directions to a facility near by. I would highly recommend this facility.

My father was only here for nine days...

My father was only here for nine days before he broke his leg and had to go into rehab, but I am hopeful that it will be a place he can enjoy once he gets settled in and gets to stay. It is a smaller community, only about 50 residents, and it is very homey. I like that you walk in the front door and you feel like you're walking into someone's home. He gets a lot of attention from the staff, who are very caring. I am excited for him to get back here, I really think it will be the best fit for him in the long run.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE TO STERLING HOUSE!!!!

I took my mother there for 1 week while I went on a business trip. At the time she was using a walker and needed help transferring. I gave strict instructions that she should not get in and out of bed on her own....and needed help getting to the toilet in the middle of the nite.

Mother says she rang the bell and no one came for quite some time so she got up on her own........and, of course, fell and broke her femur right at the hip (doctors were able to repair with only pins, not full replacement...thank God!) And, I had to cut my trip short.

However.....what happened next was the most disgusting part!! They blamed my mother and denied any responsibility. The Head Nurse even visited her in the hospital (without any notification or permission) and tried to get Mother to admit she was to blame, even while she was drugged on pain medication.

I spoke with my attorney and he said we had a case.

This was a nice place.

This was a nice place. Essie was fantastic, really great! This boiled down to not being the right match for my loved one's personality, but it was a very nice place.

I will be checking further;...

I will be checking further; sounds interesting.

A good community

They had more and more residents with memory issues, and my loved one doesn't have memory problems and it was hard to form social relationships. The staff were all very nice. There were people that had been working there since they first opened up. For the most part the food was good. They serve the big meal at lunch and the supper meal is smaller.

Nice Apartments

We never able to move my brother into Sterling House because he needed skilled care. From what I saw, I like the apartments that they provided. There was quite a variety of sizes. I believe the cost is about $3000 per month. There was introductory special and we were going to take advantage of that. The facility was very clean and well decorated.

Bebe's stay at sterling house of Peoria

We had my mother in law stay here while we were in Seattle area with my Mom who had surgery. We drove up and picked up our motorhome as well. It would have been too hard on her to try and take her. She totally enjoyed her visit and loved everyone there. There was only one little glitch. She twisted her ankle and was not given any pain medication for it. We were not aware that we should have left some there for emergencies, as they are not allowed to give any medications or even an ace bandage for her ankle. They did not call our daughter - who was visiting her while we were gone. She got the tylenol and she called the doctors office to have them OK it's use. She did spend several days in a bit of pain, but this did not deter her from loving where she was. It upset us more than anyone. That is why I gave it a 4 star rating rather than a 5 star. If she goes there again, I am aware now and will have all the appropriate meds, etc. available. My mother in law was there for respite care.

1st Rate

They have been outstanding. They handle any situation very quickly and they were on top of everything. We are very happy that we came here. The price has been affordable, it is about 25% less then other communities. The nurses and staff have just excellent can’t rave enough about them. I would highly recommend this community to anyone looking. This would be the place to be. They are very reasonable, fair, and on top of everything. It is very clean and just overall they are 1st rate.

The residents there appear to be happ...

The residents there appear to be happy, all of the staff are friendly - I went out of town for 4 days, and I called 6 - 7 times a day (because I'm a worrywart) and they tolerated me! :)

The building is immaculate and so is the landscaping. They also steam clean the carpeting, it was spotless.

What I really appreciate is that the staff doesn't just look at the individual and treat the illness - they see the whole person, and they have a very holistic approach there. They're very emotionally supportive of the families as well.

I had 24 hours to find a place for my dad. Two days after he got there (He falls and he has dementia ) he was comatose, but now he's coming around and he's socialable.

They have quite a few activities. My dad thinks the exercise class is a little silly - he likes to go down and tap his foot while they're exercising - but he loves to flirt with the nurses! :) He's with people his own age, and they take him to a dining room to eat instead of just bringing his meals to his room.

Also, they're arranging a flag-folding ceremony for him to honor him for his service to our country. The VFW, the Fleet Reserve and an honor guard will be there to present him with a new flag to replace the one that used to be on his house. They're very receptive to that, and I think that it's wonderful.

Price and size were good fit for us

The two deciding factors for choosing Sterling House was the price and the fact that it is a smaller establishment. We did not want a large facility. The room they showed me was perfect for my loved one, close to the restaurant and activities. I looked at one other facility before choosing Sterling House.

Brookdale Peoria provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Peoria, we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.