The Fountains at Lake Pleasant - Peoria, AZ

The Fountains at Lake Pleasant Rocks!

The Fountains at Lake Pleasant Rocks! The staff does everything they can to help me with my needs. The management here is awesome and so is the food. I researched quite a few places before settling on The Fountains and I'm glad I did!

Give this new management a chance

[name removed] is the most amazing and caring individual I have had the pleasure to meet after touring nearly 18 properties around the valley... While my mom didn't pick this place to try out, [name removed] and her staff wanted what my mom wanted rather than treat her like I commodity.

When my mom grows tired of the place she picked ( chosen different do to proximity of her friends and neighborhood) I have no doubt we will be back in the office speaking with [name removed]....
[name removed] and her staff have really changed things around and made this place 100 times better.

[name removed] the director of this place is the most caring and amazing person I had the pleasure to meet. I am so glad my entrance into the senior community was with her. While mom didn't pick the Fountains for now, I am certain she will not only recommend this place, but will be back to see [name removed] soon

This is a wonderful community

Everybody here is very nice and friendly. There’s a bus that takes the residents out for trips and the facility provides a lot of activities like card games, bingo, dominos, and crafts. There’s always something to do if you want to participate. There is an alternate menu with extra options, in case you don’t want something on the main menu. There’s always fruit, salad, vegetables, and desserts available. They provide a hot breakfast 2 days a week and then a continental breakfast the rest of the time. The executive director has been very nice and accommodating. She’ll work with you on anything. They have a lot of little things that they do for the residents that are especially nice and they’ll go out of their way to make sure everyone is taken care of and happy. Overall, I would recommend this place for people that like to get around with groups and do things. It’s a really great place, it just doesn’t fit my specific needs.

We are Happy

My dad is in this community the staff is nice and attentive to my dad. The manager is great for my dad she talks to him like a New Yorker and he enjoys that. They clean his apartment and do his linens weekly. I talked to the chef and he was accommodating to my dad and got the cereal he likes, they are all willing to help us. There are 0 complaints on the food they eat 2 meals a day breakfast and dinner. I would recommend this place for a more independent person.

Management is Trying

I have been at the Fountains of Lake Pleasant for a couple of months now. The community was under construction for over a year, and they’ve opened back up. I know that the manager is trying to make changes and she’s working hard to make it a good community, but it leaves something to be desired right now. The place is clean enough, and overall, the staff is friendly and helpful. However, they are spread a little thin, and that puts extra stress on them. The food is iffy. Three out of the five dinners in a week aren’t good. I’m trying to be fair and to consider that they did just open back up and they are trying. The manager works hard and the staff are compassionate, but I wouldn’t recommend them as they are now.

Helen Rios

Dear Resident,

Thank you for your feedback and understanding. I am sorry your experience has led you to these conclusions. We utilize your feedback to make ourselves better and we will look into this situation, especially dining. We want to provide a high quality lifestyle for our residents and we will continue to strive for excellent service.

Thank you again.

Everyone is friendly

Everybody here is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and nice. They treat other residents very well. Even the other residents are very friendly. When it comes to the apartments they are nice and clean. Although they are big, you have to furnish and decorate them. The food is hit or miss on how good it is. The breakfast is continental style and there is no lunch. For dinner, they serve 2 options for people with specific dietary needs. I like the activities they offer. They do different functions on the holidays, bingo, chair exercises, and even have a pool. On Thursdays, they take all the women out so they can get their hair and nails done. I would definitely recommend this community.

A community for care

We like our new community. The staff are caring and attentive to our needs. They offer a nice menu of healthy meals but then need to try and adjust to special needs for special diets. We are happy here and would recommend this community to others for a nice place to call home.

Great independent retirement living for single person

Newly remodeled. Clean, extremely friendly. Transportation provided or can have own car. Independent apartments, common dining, laundry. Once a week cleaning. Programs and entertainment. Plenty of social opportunities. Small enough to not feel overwhelmed. Care services are alacarte at extra charge. Beautiful grounds and pool.

Small issues

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and friendly. We think that the menu could do some small improvements. The staff needs to follow up on some of the things that are offered. They need to get the transportation issues. They are nice, but we would like to see some small improvements as promised.

We did not keep this appointment. Mom liked Casa del Rio.

Did not like the setup

You could tell they had just been through an extensive refurbishing of the dining hall, the fitness center, and the laundry area but I felt that they over looked the residents quarters those still seem updated to me unless that is on a schedule for another time. The setup was not going to be a good fit for my mom even though she doesn't need assistance getting around. To get to the dining area, club house or the laundry it was separate from the main building and you would have to go outside to get to any of those other building they did have someone on a golf cart pick you up to transport you there but that just seemed a little awkward.

Very Nice and New Place

A beautiful and new community. The staff was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. They were very friendly. My only reservation was that my mom who is more reserved would have a bit of a commute from her room to the dining area and other amenities. They do provide golf carts for the residents to travel around the community.

Property was well taken care of. The tour director was enthusiastic and knew her property well. She seemed to have a good report with her residents. It may not work for our married couple, as they would have to go outdoors to get to the dining room and activities.

Extremely accommodating staff!

My mother is loving it there! The staff are extremely accommodating; they go 200% out of their way to make sure that the residents are well taken care of. We are so grateful for this! There was even a time when my mother needed her car battery replaced and the Fountains staff went out of their way to pay for the procedure and make sure that my mother's car was taken care of. We couldn't be more pleased with her stay, it's been incredible!

My top pick!

I really liked The Fountain when I toured it. It was close to my home and they offered a lot of the things that we were looking for. The rooms were nice, but they were much smaller than other places. The facility was clean and nice, but in the end, we found another place that for my loved one's needs a little better.

Top choice!

My father was convinced that he wanted to move to this community until we found another that was a better fit.
In terms of The Fountains, it was a very nice clean place. Everyone was very friendly and when we got there, [Removed] was prepared with information ad brochures.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you so much for considering our community for your father and we are so glad he enjoyed his experience with us.

Not In A Prime Location For The Family

The community seemed dark and not very happy. It was like an apartment setting. My dad would have to go down the elevator to the dining room or other things. I wanted something simple to navigate through for my dad. It was a nice and big community but it was also a little further for the family to be conveniently close.

Dear Family,
I'm sorry that The Fountains at Lake Pleasant is not a good location to be near family, for you. I was a little confused on your description though - we are a campus of apartments (two stories) and unattached from the dining room. We have many first floor options if you are interested, and would be happy to discuss the items that are most important to you and your family. Please feel free to reach out again and discover more about our community - I think there is some confusion. Thank you for the opportunity. Happy Holidays!!

I was disappointed that what they said did not match what they offered!

This community is like a glorified hotel. There was a lot of misinformation with this community. They did not tell you upfront about the tax added to your rent. They do not tell you everything about the transportation offered. I would not recommend this community.

Dear Friend,

I am sorry your experience has led you to these conclusions. We utilize your feedback to make ourselves better and we will look into this situation. As you know, investigating and researching senior living is quite an undertaking and sometimes you need multiple visits to learn everything that is most important to you. I hope you will give us an opportunity to explain everything completely, and we encourage you to continue the investigation and write down your questions so we can address all of them.
Hope to see you again soon.

Nice And Friendly Community

We are still trying to get use to the community but everybody is nice and the people are friendly, we have made some friends. We have a lady come once a week to clean our apartment, she is really sweet and does a great job. The facility is nice and clean. I prepare a few of our meals but the food from dining room is tasty and we have an awesome chef, all his meals are great and a nice man. He makes the best BBQ ribs and he even brought me extra ribs the next day. The care has been going well for my husband and I.

Dear Friends,

Thank you for choosing The Fountains at Lake Pleasant as your new home! We are beyond excited and happy to have you in our family and pleased that you are settling in and finding all our amenities and services helpful and pleasant. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything. And, we agree.....Chef Leon is TRULY the BEST!! Don't forget to participate in the fun activities because his cooking will go to the waist if you aren't active :)

friendly staff

The staff was friendly except for 1 person. I did not have any care services there. I was at dialysis 3 times a week and could not participate in any activities. They only served 1 meal a day.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for choosing our community, but I'm sorry that it wasn't a good fit for you. However, we are under a full refurbishment of the community and adding in wonderful services if you would consider us again in the future. We wish you the best!

Only 1 meal a day

The staff was friendly except for one person. I did not have any care services there. I was at dialysis three times a week and could not participate in any activities. They only served one meal a day.

Dear Friend,
As I responded in the last review - I'm sorry that our community did not work out for you, but if you'd like to revisit maybe we can, now, offer different services based on new management and a completely refurbished community....? We are still only serving one main meal in the evening but offer other solutions as well - give us a call :)

Health Hazard Property that should be destroyed

My wife and I lived a Sun Grove Resort Village (SGRV) and experienced landlord retaliation of withholding essential services. The senior living facility has been repossessed by the bank. The old management and owners are gone but the problems remain the same. Fannie Mae canceled the public action due to the poor and dangerous conditions of the property (dilapidated buildings, bad electrical wiring, a bug problem, fire hazards, and toxic mold. SGRV just had a kitchen inspection in August 2014 and had nine terrible violation and they are not fixing all the problems. SGRV had a fire that nearly [removed]. SGRV should be destroyed because it is a health hazard property.

Sharon Estrada

Under new management as of November 2015 and a complete refurbishment of the property and all apartments is underway and reopening Summer 2016. We are very sorry for any previous challenges but please know that Tarantino Senior Living Communities, LLC is the new management company and we are dedicated to resident satisfaction, healthy and happy families.

It's very nice, they are very friendly, and helpful they will do anything for you. The other residents are friendly too. They have had some problems hiring help, it's going better now. They have excercises, ice cream socials, bingo, and things. The food is a good quality, and served hot when we needed. I liked that the clubhouse was separate, for activities and dinner and things, we get to get outside, all of the apartments are separate. We have grass and fruit trees all around and that was really nice, I like the outdoor area.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy you have enjoyed the community and all we offer.....enjoy the fruit :)

nice size rooms. Small pat...

nice size rooms. Small patio for dog. old building in need of repair. All walkways outside. full kitchen.

Dear Friend,
I hope you enjoyed your visit. YES - the apartment homes are very spacious (great kitchens) and each apartment having a patio is great! Small dogs are ALWAYS welcome, and the building and community are under a full refurbishment now and reopening Summer 2016 - hope you can visit again!!

Separate Dining/Activities Building

The problem we had with Sun Grove was it was a lot of separate housing modules so there would be a lot of walking to go from the housing modules to the main building for the activities and dining. Walking is a bit of a problem for my mom so that wouldn't have worked.

Sharon Estrada

Dear "Son", we are sorry that the community was not a good fit for your loved one. However, thank you for visiting and if we can be a resource to you, your family, or anyone in your circle of friends please let us know.

Our Mediterranean-style resort community features eighty-six residences located on a beautifully landscaped citrus grove. Can you say freshly squeezed orange juice? Offering spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes, The Fountains at Lake Pleasant is truly a step above the rest.

Leave the worry of household maintenance and yard work behind! Your new home here at The Fountains at Lake Pleasant feature paid utilities*, satellite television, two daily meals (breakfast and dinner), weekly housekeeping, heated pool/spa and transportation to appointments and religious services. Our accommodating staff is available to assist you with your needs to make your Independent lifestyle one to enjoy! Contact The Fountains at Lake Pleasant today to schedule a tour to see the wide range of services and options available to meet your personal budget and expectations. Relax. It's time to experience living at ease and live life to the fullest at The Fountains at Lake Pleasant. This radiant community is everything that you are looking for and more! We've included everything you'd expect in an apartment home!