Amethyst Gardens - Peoria, AZ

A WINNER - AMETHYST GARDENS

We would like to give a big shout out to A Place for Mom and Amethyst Gardens in Peoria, Arizona. We’ve used A Place for Mom services twice this year and they’ve done a fantastic job with their referrals. We just moved my hubby’s parents from Virginia to Arizona to be closer to us. We chose the Amethyst Gardens because of their beautiful grounds, fantastic food, and great apartments for such a reasonable price. They have also been very flexible in working with us on the move-in date, accommodating their beloved dog with a fence outside their sliding glass door, and being very thorough with Dad’s Parkinson’s care by the nursing staff. It’s truly a wonderful facility with very friendly staff and residents. They also offer many fun outings and gatherings for the residents to get involved in. I highly recommend Amethyst Gardens to anyone looking for a great assisted living facility to take care of your loved ones! This one is definitely worth your time & money!

SLC Midwest

Hi Shelley! Thank you for giving us your seal of approval! The perspectives of our residents and their families mean so much to us!

We did not see this place. It is a sister facility to [removed] and takes medicaid patients ([removed] does not.) so good to keep in mind in the eventuality that [name removed] runs out of money.

Liked the single bedroom unit I was shown, but did not like the Altec shared unit due to the layout of the room with the 3/4 wall at the end of the bedroom. But, they did have an Non Altec room that I thought could be suitable.

Liked the single bedroom unit I was showed, but did not like the shared unit due to the layout of the room with the 3/4 wall at the end of the bedroom.

Excellent facility. I would highly recommend it.

Staff have great connections with residents

While looking for a place for my loved one, I actually toured a number of places. This community was the best out of all of them. The apartments are lovely, they are spacious, they have kitchen storage, and it has microwaves and ovens. Often a lot of seniors come in with many possessions that are near and dear to them. This gives them the opportunity to hang on to that stuff because it’s accommodated by the space of the apartment. If people don’t feel like going to the dining area to eat, you are able to cook in your kitchen. You are able to dine in the comfortable of your unit in the case that you are having an off day and you don’t feel like interacting with anyone. However, it is encourage from the staff to go to the dining area and socialize. It may be overwhelming for some to first move in and having to find your way from your room to the dining area and it also may be uncomfortable. The staff is so accommodating as well; they are more than happy to escort you to the area and escort you back when you are finished. Everyone here is lovely, they help vacuuming my loved ones apartment once a week and they also do her sheets. I just love the staff here and you get that great warm connection that you can’t get from anywhere else.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of Amethyst Gardens; we appreciate your feedback!

I toured this community

When I toured this community I wasn't thrilled with the young woman who did the tour. She was a double negative person. But it is a lovely place and the presentation on the food was great and the dining room is so elegant. It would have been a short walk to dining room. You have to stay below a certain scale or it was immediately way more expensive. Just didn't think it was a good fit for dad.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our community. While we're disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your family, we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you toured with us!

Bad day?

We toured the Amethyst Gardens and I don't know if it was just a bad day or what. We did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the management who showed us around the facility. Most of the tours we had in different communities invited us to lunch after the tour but she just stood there and looked at us. It did not smell very clean. Hopefully, it was just a bad day. It was not the right fit for us.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Amethyst Gardens did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Something Just Different Fit

We toured a few different communities so we had a sense as to what we were looking for. When we were walking around this community just give me the feeling of wanting to move my mother there. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean and well maintained. But there was just something about the environment that didn't hit me the right way

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

Management does not care

This has been a horrible experience for us and we are looking to find ourselves a new home we will not be going back to any community, The management here do not care about their residents. The food is horrible and the dining area is under staffed sometimes you wait up to 45 minutes for your dinner, there are very few amenities yet they do offer some field trips to go shopping.
The staff, on the other hand, are fabulous they do try to help us and they are friendly and accommodating. We thought this was going to be a good move for us but now we see that most of the residents have just been put here by their families.

Lived there for approximately one year absolutely horrible food with Harley edible

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Amethyst Gardens did not live up to the expectations we strive for. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

A Place For Them

it is going well and my parents are good. The staff all have been great from what I have seen. My parents go to a couple of the activities. They enjoy having their meals made for them and they say it is fine. I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation of our community! We strive to provide the best possible experience for our residents and their families, and we're so glad your parents are enjoying their home with us.

BAD and HORRIBLE PLACE

This facility has one worker who was worth talking to, and the rest are only interested in making money from the residents. These people made promises to help my parents for all their medical needs, their livable requirements from day to day, and great meals. there was also supposed to be assistance helping my transition into memory care and help get the state aid required for it since we as a family didn't have the resources. All those promises were broken. Now they are trying to sue my parents for monies they say are owed, but after a state investigation of medication mismanagement, after false [Removed] allegations against my father, now they want more. Leave him in peace. Write it off!! DO NOT TAKE YOUR FAMILY HERE!!

A lovely tour!

When my husband and I were searching for a place, we toured Amethyst Gardens. The complex was clean and maintained very well. The young lady that took us around d was very friendly in took her time with us. It was a good experience to get to tour.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Great social environment!

My mother's stay at Amethyst Gardens is going great! The staff is very attentive and caters to my mother's needs. My mother seems to enjoy Amethyst gardens, as she has made many friends, and she really enjoys the meals that she receives. This is a wonderful facility!

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're pleased that your mother is enjoying her new home!

Meals need improvement!

The setting and the apartment view are great. My mother is doing well since her move. The only complaint is the meals. When she moved in they mentioned that they would be going through changes. We are hoping that it gets fixed soon. Other than that I think it has been a pretty smooth transition and she is enjoying having the extra assisted living care that she did not have at the place she was at previously.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; we truly appreciate your input and will use it to aid us in our goal of continuous improvement! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional concerns.

my's happy care

My mom is very happy with the care here at this community. The staff are caring and very helpful. She has made new friends. They do have alot of nice activities for residents to participate. We would recommend this clean community to other families for good care for a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for your review! We strive to provide the best possible care for our residents and appreciate your confidence in us!

They have been great!

The Amethyst Gardens was a great choice for my mother. The food is very good and they are good about letting guests eat there as well. I think they are giving her enough attention and they are very caring. The only problems we have had are some maintenance issues, and it takes them a little while to fix them. Other than that, it's a good place. The rooms that are set up for assisted living as well, so they could transition from independent to assisted living very easily.

Did Not Want To Tour

Even though it was some years that I had an experience here, I felt I did not want to tour this community. Based on the reviews the still did not improve their food. I did not want to put my loved one here if there was not a lot of activities and I did not get a good feeling.

A tour to remember for mom

We tour the community and we like the staff that was able to answer the questions of the care. This is not what we were looking for at the time. We found the room to be on the second floor and we thought it would be too far for her. We would recommend this community for other

The best for the price!

My parents are happy at the Amethyst Gardens. It is the best one around for the money. My parents like their apartment. They did not opt for the food because they say it sucks, but there is new management taking over so hopefully soon there will be many new changes.

An affordable community.

The staff are pretty good and we have good communication with them. My parents do not like the food and it sometimes takes a while for them receive their food. They offer daily activities such as happy hour. The community is pretty clean and I would recommend it.

No activities!

This place had one thing that we did like and that was the looking area that they had. Other than that we did not like that they did not have much to do for the residents. We are looking for a place that will keep us active.

Good Staff for my mom

This community is nice. But we are not happy with some of the wellness care. The staff has not been as friendly with my mom. My mom is getting her meds, They are not giving us alot of information when we have questions from the wellness center. At times the staff has seemed to be rude. They are giving her activities to participate in. Te staff is very caring with the activities . I would recommend this only for theindependent living.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We were disappointed to learn you did not have a positive experience with our care staff, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please reach out to our director team through our community phone line at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for your time.

I had a good tour!!

This community looked great. The person that conducted our tour was nice and knowledgable. This community allows pets. The community unfortunately was not in my dad's budget.

Good as can be expected!

Amethyst Gardens offers many daily activities for my mom to participate in. They schedule trips outside of the community for the residents. My mom is not a fan of the food offered because nothing is like homemade food. The cleaning staff could improve by moving chairs and small items when cleaning the floors and dusting. A Place for Mom came to the rescue immediately!

SLC Midwest

As the Executive Director of the Community, I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments. Our Programming Director does a fantastic job planning and coordinating resident events and getting a large majority of our residents to participate. They have fun and really enjoy getting together. The planned trips are also enjoyed equally as well. There is always a wide selection to choose from to include restaurant outings, casino outings and trips to various other locations and activities. Our goal is to keep our residents active and involved and most of all happy. In regards to the food not being homemade, I have been working personally with our new chef to change that. I am confident that with our proposed new changes with ordering and preparation your mother will find the food to be more appetizing and more like homemade. I would really welcome meeting you and discussing these concerns in person as I strive to resolve these type of issues to ensure our residents and family members are completely satisfied. Please feel free to contact me at [removed], ext. 2211 or you can email me at [removed]. Once again thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Friendly Community

This community was one of our top choices. Our only problem was that it wasn't very clean. The lady that showed us around was very friendly. The staff was nice and friendly. It was a nice tour, they have friendly people here at this community.

SLC Midwest

As the Executive Director for the campus I would like to say thank you for your comments. I am pleased your tour went well and that our staff presented themselves as being friendly and welcoming to you as you toured our community. I am concerned over the comments about our community not being clean as we continually strive to ensure it is kept clean and neat for our residents and of course tours. I would certainly appreciate any direct feedback from you on those areas you noted as not being as clean as they should be as this will give me the focus areas I need to concentrate on. You can contact me directly at [removed], ext. 2211 or you can email me at [removed]. I look forward to hearing from and once again thank you for your comments.

Minor Concerns But My Mother Does Like It

My mother seems to be adjusting slowly, she does like it. It is a very huge community, it is 28 acres. She has a lovely apartment with a little patio that has a beautiful scenery. The staff is nice, but I do think their responsive time could be better. We've had our minor concerns. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her. There are activities offered. The food is decent, the service in the dining room could be better. I would recommend this facility for an older senior.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for providing us with your feedback - we were glad to hear your mother is adjusting so well! We have an open door policy here, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about any concerns you have that you feel have not been addressed, or any additional feedback you can share based on your experiences. Please reach out to Dennis Graf, Executive Director, to schedule a meeting if you have any additional input; you can reach him at [removed] or through our community line. Thank you again.

SENIOR NEGLECT

I'd like to voice my most honest opinion about this facility on 9270 W Union Hills Rd... I cry nearly every single night b/c of the care, or lack of care that my dear elderly mother is receiving... The website states 24 hours care. However, it is a bold face lie.. The facility is 90% understaffed. They're supposed to "check" on my mother every two hours but that doesn't happen. She's a Dementia patient and when she can't fall asleep at night, the staff allows her to wander the halls alllllllllllllll night and their response is, "We can't make her lie down and as long as she's not falling, dehydrated or vitals are fine" she's ok... Really??? It's ok to allow an elderly health challenged resident wander the halls alllllllll night? When she doesn't feel like eating, they just let her go hungry. Oftentimes when I check her bed linen, they're not clean. They has been times where I had to seek out a staff, to clean pooped stained shoes that were in her closet where her clothes hang. Her window seal was filled w/so much dust that it made me sick!!! There was a time when I came to visit her and she was coming out of another (male) resident looking confused. Yet this is supposed to be 24 hour care!!!! There was another time a male resident was sitting in her room in a recliner chair! How devastating is that??? If I call to check on my mother, no one follow up on calls or return calls.. At night, they will not answer any calls... I would never, ever, refer ANYONE to this place!

SLC Midwest

I would first like to thank you for voicing your concerns for your mother. I am deeply concerned by this and your feelings you have expressed in your review. Our community is staffed 24 hours each day however there may be times when we are not staffed as high as we would like and this could be due to a variety of issues. Regardless, it is still our goal to ensure all of our residents receive the care and services they need. Residents with dementia often present unique situations, one of which is that some residents with dementia do have a tendency to get nights and days confused and do end up staying up at night and sleeping during the day. This is something we work with the physicians to resolve, without the utilization of unnecessary drugs. We work with our residents and families to ensure we take the right approach with our residents and still comply with their rights to choose. Based on your comments pertaining to cleanliness I will be checking each room to make sure we are cleaning as we need to. In regards to your other concerns, I would like to meet with you to discuss them in person. I would appreciate it immensely if you would contact me at 6 2 3 - 9 7 4 - 5 8 4 8 and we can set an appointment to discuss them. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Dennis Graf
Executive Director

4 Star Tour

I took a tour of this community and all went good. I did not see much activities happening. The community is clean, maintained but seems to have an outdated appearance. I would have preferred to see some new or fresh upgrades. One thing I had to take into consideration was the ratio to resident, I felt my mother-in-law would not get a one-on-one interaction

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and to provide us with this valuable feedback. We have been very fortunate to be a part of the Senior Living Community for 24 years now. We are always looking for ways to improve and appeal to new prospects and families. Looking into the future, we plan to have updates done within the community. In regards to the campus activities for our residents; I would like to take some time to explain our programming department. There are 6 dimensions of wellness that we plan our daily activities for the residents, which include Grow, Connect, Feel, Reflect, Move and Contribute. Our programming team plans activities focused on each of the six dimensions, offering residents a wide variety of activities and programs to choose from. Our residents also have the option of joining the resident counsel or activity committee or food committee. We do have a minimum of five activities planned for each day and the activities are planned around the residents dining experience. I hope you find this information helpful and we would welcome you back to attend one of our daily activities. Please call us and we would be more than happy to plan that with you. Please contact Dennis Graf, Executive Director if you have any further questions or if we can provide you with any additional information. [removed]

Everyone Was Very Nice During My Tour

My tour at this community was nice, but it was a good fit for my parents. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The community looks older and there was a bad smell around the community. It a little out dated and it looked more like a nursing home then a retirement community. It was a good tour, they do offer nice activities. It just wasn't the place for my parents, but still a good community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and to provide us with this valuable feedback. We have been very fortunate to be a part of the Senior Living Community for 24 years now. We are always looking for ways to improve and appeal to new prospects and families. Looking into the future, we plan to have updates done within the community. Please contact Dennis Graf, Executive Director if you have any further questions or if we can provide you with any additional information.

I would recommend Amethyst Gardens!

My parents moved into Amethyst Gardens about 8 days ago and they are settling in nicely. They have not had a chance to participate in any of the activities offered but are hoping to once they get more settled in. The community is kept clean and well maintained. I have been told the food is good. The staff are very helpful and have good interaction with the residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to post your feedback - we were excited to learn you have enjoyed your experience so much during the move-in process. If you have any future comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to our Executive Director, Dennis Graf, at [removed]. Once again, thank you for submitting your feedback!

Amethyst Gardens is a great place!!

Since my Mother in law has moved into the community she has become very involved with the activities as well as the community itself. The entire staff is very helpful with anything we need as they are very attentive to their residents and the families. There is a hairdresser on site which is a great thing for her as she is able to have a standing appointment with them. I had a chance to eat lunch with her and the food was good. I am glad we found this place as it is a good fit for her.

Like a cruise ship

The Amethyst has been wonderful since my in laws moved in about a week ago. From our perspective the staff is doing the best they can as my father in law has been difficult. The outside surroundings are beautiful and the community is kept very clean. While there have been some minor issue with my mother in law's shower head, they are working to correct these matters. My husband had a chance to experience the food and while he enjoyed it my in laws are not happy with it. I'd recommend the community to family and friends.

SLC Midwest

First let me thank you for the very nice comments about The Amethyst. I am certainly glad to hear that your in-laws are enjoying their stay as we welcome and enjoy all of our residents, both recent and those who have resided with us for some time. We consider all of them part of our family. I hope they have resolve the shower head issue, but if not please feel to contact me personally and I will help to resolve the problem. Referencing the food concerns I would be interested to learn why they are not enjoying the dining experience. We have recently made some changes in the Dining Department that we are hoping will improve both the quality of the food and the level of service we provide to each of our residents. Please feel free to address these issues with me personally as I would love to hear any ideas that would make things more enjoyable for your family members. I can be reached at [removed], ext. 2211 or you can email me directly at [removed]. Once again thank you.

Diverse Group Of Activities

Everything is going very well for me here at Amethyst Gardens I really like it here. I had some problems with cleaning in the beginning, but they have fixed the problem now. The staff is amazing here they are very friendly and attentive. They even stop and say hello and see how I am doing. The food is good they serve a well balanced meal for us.They offer a diverse group of activities for everyone here. I would recommend this community because everyone here is great and friendly to you.

Management Needs Improvement

Our experience with this community was not a good one. The facility looks great and clean, there is housekeeping for the residents weekly. The aids at this community were great, they were very kind and helpful to my father. My issue was with the upper management and the way they misrepresented the community. The communication was not great between me and management. Good community, but the management needs improvement.

SLC Midwest

My name is Denis Graf, and as the Executive Director I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our community and the staff. We enjoy keeping our community beautiful and our staff love providing excellent customer service to our residents and I am glad your experience related to that was a good one. I am concerned however about your experience with upper management and how you feel upper management misrepresented the community to you. It is always our goal to ensure all aspects of the community are understood starting at square one, the tour. We then move on through a variety of steps prior to the resident moving in where the intention is to fully explain the lease and all other requirements associated with being a resident at The Amethyst. I would request you contact me personally to discuss how you felt upper management misrepresented the community so I can get a clear understanding on what I would need to do from a personal or team standpoint, to ensure we our communicating the correct information to not only our future residents but to our current ones as well. I would welcome a telephone call or personal meeting with you in order to resolve your concerns. I can be reached directly at the community, and at [removed], ext. 2211 or you may email me at [removed]. Once again thank you for your nice comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Amethyst - Happy, but no so much either . . . .

Amethyst Arbor is a beautiful community and the care provided is good. Huge complaint is the missinformation from their marketing people that ALTCS would be accepted at The Arbor (confirmed 4 times) after Dad's money ran out. After move-in the story changed as confirmed by the Executive Director by email. No apologies, no nothing from the Executive Director, though the marketing people did apologize (thankfully). Very disappointing that such representations can be made with essentially no recourse, particularly after paying a $2,500 one time community fee. They do however have 2 other options for ALTCS, that being The Inn and The Gardens. The Inn is memory care and The Gardens was never offered as an option for assisted living. All in all a frustrating experience. As for A Place For Mom: they were very aggressive in assisting to find options though few were offered. After the sale, zero follow-up! In the same month we moved my Dad to a different property closer to where we live which was never offered by A Place For Mom, Avista Senior Living at North Mountain. The move was necessary as Dad became a wonderer and was no longer suited for either The Arbor or The Inn. They actually placed him in The Inn for a few days but with the mandate of a private caregiver at $25 per hour 24/7, when in reality The Inn is a secured memory care facility -- makes no sense to add the private caregiver. Needless to say, we had to act quickly. Amethyst is a fine community but to anyone considering care there I would say that if ALTCS is in your future, confirm everything said to you by marketing with the Executive Director and GET IT IN WRITING.

Adjusting

Things are going fine for my father in law over here at Amethyst Gardens. It is a good looking place very clean and well maintained. The staff has been good at what they do. He is taking some time to adjust with the move into the new community but we think with some time he'll be okay there. It is a place I would recommend to a friend or family member for there loved one.

Positive Experience

For the most part we have had a very positive experience with the Amethyst Gardens. We have had a few issues with their dining hall and there just being poor service, but other than that we really like the place.

Going well

Overall, things are going well so far at Amethyst Gardens. The staff is great and they made the transition go as smoothly as possible. We appreciate the effort that the staff makes to communicate any changes or anything that is going on.

great property

The facility is clean. They have great staff there. The food is okay. The activities are good as well. The facility is okay.

SLC Midwest

Hello! Thanks again for your feedback online. We really appreciate hearing about your positive experience at The Amethyst Gardens. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any questions you may have about our community. My name is Dennis Graf, Executive Director, at [removed]. Thank you.

Living Happy

The staff and residents are very kind and friendly. My apartment is very clean and the housekeeping staff keeps it that way. The food and maintenance service is less than average but if you complain enough you will get a response shortly.

Nice

We have already gotten Mom situated. We love Amethyst Gardens. Mom had fallen and we didn't know at that time that she was having problems with daily activities. When we went to Amethyst, we set it up so that she could have assistance with dressing. It turns out that Mom got better and she did not need the assistance. We did not really utilize the service and they credited our money back. It really was nice of them to do that. The food could be a little bit better.

great services provided

They were really great with my mom.

Staff is patient and kind

The grounds and the facility are beautiful here. The staff is always patient and kind. I have never seen the place not clean or orderly. The other residents are very nice too. The food is average. . .nothing to really write home about there.

5 star property

It is a beautiful place.

Everything went well

My sister was here for about three months. She has since recovered and moved back into her own place. As far as i know, everything went well and she did not have any complaints about the staff or the facility.

Happy With The Place

When we first signed up they said there was an ambassador service, which I guess means they had someone assigned to a new-comer to show them around, and my loved one didn't get that service so we were a little disappointed in that. But besides that the only thing I personally thought was a little off was the food, it was okay. Other than that we are happy with the place.

Overall a good place

They keep changing the restaurant hours and menu items. I'm not sure whether that's good or not, but it seems to be confusing to my Mother-In-Law. The other amenities such as cleanliness, parking spaces, etc. seem to be fine. Overall a good place.

Lovely Staff

They have very lovely people working there at Amethyst Gardens. The staff is very thoughtful and very considerate. The food tastes good too. All the residents there seem to be receiving very good care.

Senior Lifestyle

As the Executive Director for The Amethyst campus I would like to thank you for your kind words. We take great pride with providing excellent services to all of our residents here at The Amethyst and consider them an extension of own family. Our staff are well trained and we have an outstanding group of managers who are all focused on our number one priority which is our residents and their families. If there is anything I can do for you please never hesitate to call. I can be reached at [removed], ext. 2211. Once again thank you.

Dennis Graf Executive Director

They have been really good, I only have two things they could improve on. They have been friendly and done everything they said they were going to do. I think that my mother is legally blind and I asked for someone to come in the apartment to check on her in the middle of the night and they have not done that. The other thing is the laundry, I think they return their items in poor condition. But the apartment is great and the everyone there has been great.

Senior Lifestyle

As the Associate Executive Director of the Amethyst campus, I want to thank you for your favorable comments regarding your mother in her new home at the Gardens. Because of our spirit to serve our residents in providing the best in quality care and customer service, we welcome any areas that you feel may need more focus and attention.

We have recently taken steps in the housekeeping department that should improve the quality of the laundry services. Regarding the wellness issue, In this case, it appears we fell short of doing this for you and your loved one. We are taking the necessary steps to insure that the proper action is taken so we can further meet your mother’s needs. We appreciate your input. Please feel free to contact me at [removed]. Thank you, JoAnn Pawlowski.

Pleased with this place!

My loved one has been here almost a year now, and things are working out very well! They do a good job overall at Amethyst Gardens. The staff here are friendly, and really good at working with individual families and the needs of their loved ones. My one complaint would be that the dining staff could be better trained, the service can be slow and sporadic at times. But overall we are very pleased, we love this place and we're glad we found it!

Senior Lifestyle

As the Executive Director I would like to thank you for the favorable review on our community. We take great pride proving our residents the best customer service and ensuring we are meeting all their needs. In regards to your dining experience, we have just recently hired a new Dining Room Manager who has many years of experience in the dining services industry. With her vast knowledge and experience, we are very confident that our staff will receive more training and continue to improve on quality and rapidity of service to our residents. We have also made some additional changes with our Dining Program with the intent to improve service and satisfaction in the Dining Room. Those changes include all day dining and breakfast being served until 10:00 A.M. Of course, if at any time you have any other concerns please feel free to contact me at [removed], ext. 2211 or you can email me at [removed]. Once again, thank you for your favorable comments.

A perfect place for elderly parents wanting to continue to live their life in this next stage.

Our experience has been very good at Amethyst Gardens. Our Mother is 92 years old and this is the first time she has lived on her own. A Widow after 69 years she is happier than she has been in several years. She is independent but has help when she needs it; she has delicious meals served in a very pleasant dining room; her caregivers are caring and extremely helpful to her; and she has met many warm and welcoming friends. Since she is legally blind we were concerned there would not be a lot of activities she could participate in, but we have been very pleased that she is able to participate in several each day. Her days are full, the activities help her to expand her mind, and she has said that she is never lonely or afraid. She couldn't be happier. It's our pleasure to give Amethyst Gardens the highest of ratings.

they were great

For the short time my mother and father in law were there, we were very impressed and well pleased with Amethyst Gardens. It is a very nice clean facility, very well kept, and all the staff there are extremely helpful and caring.

My father-in-law recently passed away so we are no in the process of moving my mother-in-law from there to be closer to us, but for the time she was there they were great.

Nice facility. On short list for parents to choose from.

Amethyst Garden

This facility is nice and the staff is very friendly. The living quarters are pretty dated and could use a facelift. One concern is that the Medical Director is not as communicative as she should be with family members, it seems that she should try conferencing family members in if she has concerns about the need for additional services or referrals that should be made or make those suggestions to family members so they can evaluate the situation and facilitate decision making.

Amethyst Gardens

My Mom has been at Amethyst for 5 weeks. Overall, her experience has been positive. The staff is very accommodating and helpful in all ways. The residents are also very helpful and nice.

My mother is particular about her food and the quality of the food and the execution of the dishes is not always on a par with her expectations.

Going well so far

Overall things seem to be going well at Amethyst Gardens. I don't get the chance to visit often myself, but I have heard mostly positive feedback from my relatives!

No complaints at all

Very wonderful, no complaints at all. Very reasonable price at this location. The price is great but the place is excellent. So much nicer. I love that they provide 3 meals a day, others didn't do that. My father and his wife have a full kitchen in their apartment but if they don't feel like cooking they have the option to go down to the dinning hall. They have a special a day and if my father wanted to he can order everything on the menu. My husband and I have personally tried out the food and it was awesome.

making headway

They are updating and improving some things around the facility right now.

The biggest area where they could improve is the food. They just got a new chef and the food is improving slightly and I hope it continues to improve as it has been pretty bad.

One thing that I really do like is that the size of the unit is excellent, and they are very responsive to any repair needs or other requests that we make.

They are making some headway, it's just taking time which is to be expected.

decent overall, food needs work

Mom has complained a few times about the food being terrible. They have a problem in the kitchen and need help. That has been her biggest complaint. Overall it has been decent, but there are a couple of small areas for improvement, especially with the food.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. It is always our goal to ensure quality. We have instituted many recent changes to our Dining Services Department of which we are confident quality will continue to improve. Currently we are employing new cooking techniques to improve the quality of the food and beginning in January will be meeting with the residents twice a month to receive input on the type of items that will be served. In addition, we are making other changes which will enhance the quality of our service to our residents and management is making daily checks on the food for each meal to include tasting all entrees to ascertain we are serving a quality product. As the Executive Director I always encourage our residents to provide me feedback on meal and service quality so I can take the action necessary to fix the problem and make the residents dining experience a good one. I'd be happy to hear how our community can continue to make changes and gain any feedback from you personally. You can reach out to me at [removed] or email me at [removed]. Thanks! Dennis Graf, Executive Director.

They are doing a good job so far.

They are doing a good job so far. I don't have any concerns. I chose them based on the amenities that they offered. I also liked the location.

My experience with Amethyst Gardens ha...

My experience with Amethyst Gardens has been good overall. They are currently in the process of making changes in staff, especially dining staff, so things aren't quite like they would have them, but they are working on it. The maintenance has not been quick to check on things that we've reported. I am however, very happy with the grounds. They keep the place beautiful. My mom's apartment is well kept. The staff is very kind and thoughtful to my mom.

My experience with Amethyst Gardens h...

My experience with Amethyst Gardens had been great. They are very accommodating, and helped with the transition. They've been very welcoming. Everyone is very friendly. Staff provides great care. The facility is very clean, and smells clean, not stuffy. The food is ok. It was better at first, but there has been done changes in staffing, so right now it's hit or miss. Overall, I'm satisfied.

We are in the Amethyst Arbors part of the community.

We are in the Amethyst Arbors part of the community. We are pretty pleased with them. The common areas are very clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They give you good value for the money. They have a good variety of activities. The food is very good, I would say that the food is about a five. The housekeeping in the individual apartments needs to be improved, the housekeeping doesn't do a very good job. We liked what we saw there, and we knew other people that have lived there and they liked it.

Amethyst has turned out to be an excellent choice

Mom has vascular dememtia so it was important we find a home with a memory care center, which Amethyst has. There were some difficulties getting her situation resolved before I could move her anywhere, everyone at Amethyst was patient, kind and very understanding, they never pushed. Finally, when we had resolved the situation at her former house, Amethyst staff worked with me in getting her into a clean, bright one bedroom apt. Mom went from screaming at me "I'm not going to move out of my house!" To now asking me why we didn't do this months ago. She's meeting people, eating regularly and more mentally alert and aware than she has been in months. To us, Amethyst is the perfect combination of a lovely facility with a great staff. We feel very lucky. Finally, in comparison to the many choices out there, their costs are a bit lower - especially for all the services they provide. Everyone I've worked with truly has Mom's best interest at heart and they've been demonstrating that since she's moved in. I highly recommend them and I did extensive homework.

28 acres; lush, meals inclu...

28 acres; lush, meals included 559 sq ft at 2980-3015$ per mo initial buy in $2500

Excellent experience

They keep everything up really nice there. It’s a great place. The food is very good and that the staff is totally excellent. They help you with anything you need and they have the doctors that come right to the place – which is a big plus. They will also take the residents anywhere within ten miles too – so like if you need to get prescriptions or anything.

They were really nice and very helpful.

They were really nice and very helpful. It was kind of big, like a country club or resort. There were lots of things to do, but it was over the top for him. It was really nice too. They were a really good price. The staff were all extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It just wasn't a good personality match.

We were very impressed with...

We were very impressed with Amethyst Gardens. There was a great vibe of friendliness and caring. Beautiful outdoor spaces and spacious indoor feel also. Very open and airy.

It’s a great place to go.

It’s a five! It’s a great place to go. They offer lots of activities. It’s a great community. Everyone seems to be happy and very friendly. We’ve had a chance to try the food a couple of times and it was excellent. It’s working out great for us!

Everything was good

Everything was good I ate there twice, but some of the people didn’t eat their food. They felt it wasn’t edible, but I had a grilled cheese and I thought it was great. The staff was all great. My loved one had her little dog with her. The distances were a bit of a problem. My loved one was in the farthest corner from the cafeteria.

Nice place, overall!

Things seem to be working out well here so far. The staff have been very friendly, and they do a great job keeping the place looking clean and cared for. They can be a bit difficult to communicate with, according to my family member who spends the most time interacting with them. I'd also like to see a bit of improvement when it comes to the activities that they provide.

Beautiful grounds, very cle...

Beautiful grounds, very clean , Holly was great, everyone knew everyone by name, takes pets, larger apartments

Excellent facility. Spaciou...

Excellent facility. Spacious rooms, great menu selections. Basic cable no wi-fi

Mom is thrilled

My mother is absolutely thrilled with Amethyst Gardens. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful and she loves the new friends she made as well as the full schedule of activities.

Care Stands Out

I don't know if I am getting a good value, but it is not their fault, it is my mother's. My mother won't participate in anything. They have to pick her up and take her everywhere within the community, which they do. They have very good care and it really stands out. They care very much about their guests. The food is fine. The layout is nice and my mother has plenty of space.

Amethyst Gardens is the best!

We looked at several communities in the Surprise, Sun City area for my dad and Amethyst just felt like the right place. Everything just seemed to fit from location, to ambiance, to sincerity of the staff. We were really surprised as it came in as one of the less expensive on our list and were happily surprised as it really was one of the nicest. Since my dad has been there it's been a great experience and he's really happy. What a relief. I would recommend to anyone needing a warm, special environment for their parent.

Amethyst Gardens

My friend Martha was in need of an assisted living facility. We were looking in the NW Phoenix area and toured approximately a dozen different facilities over the period of a few weeks. Amethyst Gardens came out on top over everything else we looked at when all of the parameters were considered. Cost, value, amenities, customer service, location, size, age and overall property condition, etc. My 88 year old father came with us on our last visit and was so impressed by the facility and what it offered he is excited to move there as well!

My friend Martha moved in on the 1st of this month and is very pleased with her choice.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you so much for visiting and for your encouraging observations. Please come by to visit any time and I would like to invite you and your dad to be our guests for lunch. It’s great to hear how happy Martha is in her new home!

This place was nice, but to large in ...

This place was nice, but to large in area. Also they are under construction in parts of the building.

Still first choice. Dad is starting ...

Still first choice. Dad is starting to give things away so while he says he's not moving yet, I believe he's thinking about it.

Amethyst Gardens was perfect for what...

Amethyst Gardens was perfect for what we will need. The Director was really nice and informative, she gave us a great tour and we discussed all the options, financial and otherwise. They are altcs approved and will work with our Caseworker at Plaza to arrange.

The Amethyst Gardens offers a plethora of activities that range from daily exercise classes and pool activities to mall shopping, casino day trips, and cultural events. Join us for bingo, bridge, or live musical entertainment in our spacious, formal great room.

The Amethyst Garden's mission is to keep residents as independent as possible and to maintain the best quality of life for them. For those residents needing more help, Supervisory, Personal, and Directed Care are provided by certified staff 24-hours/day.

We are situated on a 28-acre parcel - an awesomely beautiful, serene community, located close to fun shopping, doctors, and hospitals. We are a 2-story building surrounded by a beautiful park-like setting with gardens, fountains, walking paths, gazebos and a lovely heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi. An on-site beauty/barber shop and library are available for your convenience. The community features large one and two bedroom apartment homes. Some floor plans include vaulted ceilings. The apartments offer full kitchens, private patios/balconies, independent temperature control, emergency call systems, private storage and covered parking.