Amethyst Arbors - Peoria, AZ

Location is perfect and the facilities seemed appropriate for my parents needs. Size of apartment is good and everyone seemed happy there. Will be in contact again with [name removed] again. Staff very helpful.

Felt like being in an old hospital

I would not recommend this place to others unless they were terminally ill. When I was touring the facility I saw a room that had two beds that were toe to toe with each other and they placed a curtain around them. To me this was just on a low level that I did not feel comfortable placing my loved one here. It seemed really scary looking and you had that feeling of being in a really old hospital. Not at all homey.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Amethyst Arbor did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Not As We Expected

Since moving my loved one into Amethyst Arbors, nothing seems to be turning out as we expected. The place is too big and confusing for her, and I don’t feel that she gets enough help from the staff. She’s always anxious, stressed, angry, and depressed here. We are giving it a little more time to see if she warms up, but I feel unsure. I would not recommend this community to others.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Amethyst Arbor has not lived up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Located In A Nice Area

This community is located in a nice area. The community is very nice very open and airy. The staff is nice very friendly and very accommodating when you ask them to do something they get right on it.
. Mom really enjoys being here. She likes the food good portions. They offer a lot of activities. It is just a pleasant environment to be in.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here with us!

Desert Landscaping

I really wanted mom to move here but she didn't care for the desert landscaping. We really liked this property the staff was wonderful and it is beautiful inside. I especially liked the fact that they offered a therapy pool. It was a much larger community than others that we had looked at and that might have given mom a sense of uneasiness where she needs assistance walking and her visual impairment. The community at the time had offered quite a few options to help out financially which would have been helpful.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Amethyst Arbor. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

When Touring

The tour was very informative and friendly. I saw a bigger facility than what I had hoped for. It was clean and a nice facility. However, a lot of the staff would just walk by and not even look at us. A smile would have be kind. I also saw no acknowledgement between the residents and staff. To me it reflects how they would care for the residents.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your visit at Amethyst Arbor did not live up to the expectations we strive for. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

I feel mom is safe here.

Mom is still adjusting to living at this community. They do have a new manager in charge. This is a lively and active community. They offer church services and mom has made some friends. The staff seem friendly. We like that this community as it is close to family. I would say this is a community to take a look at.

Too big and overwhelming

We toured this community when looking for a place for my mother.When you first walk in it's very large and hotel like. They have many formal areas but it was too big and I felt it would be too overwhelming for my mother. I didn't like that there wasn't a lot of interaction between the residents.The staff was very friendly during the tour but we ultimately decided on another community in the area.

Community that offers a variety of care

My friend moved here recently and things were going very well until yesterday. He went out on Valentine's Day and was golfing and playing ping-pong with a friend. He broke his hip while playing ping pong and is now rehabilitating. Luckily this community will be able to accommodate his care needs and offer assistance. The staff is very helpful and we are fortunate they will be able to help him when he comes back.

Kind of creepy!

When I went into the Amethyst Arbors for my tour, I realized that there was one section for the residents that were severely ill with Alzheimer's. The section was very creepy, in the dining room, the table was one of those like picnic tables with no table cloth. In the rooms, there was some fold up chairs with little furniture, and although the rooms were nice, it was not a place where I would put my mother.

Wishing For More Activities

It was time for my parents to be in a community and it was an adjustment for them but they are doing pretty well. WE found that there is not as much activities and things to do for my parents. People are not talking with them and they staff say they cant force them to do activities. The residents seem to be farther than my parents. However they are getting good care and they love the food. We are just disappointed in the involvement.

Big community with care

This community is nice and very clean. The staff was nice and did answer all of my questions. They do offer alot of great activities. I did not like the distance that my father would have had to walk for the dining area and the community seemed alittle big for what we were wanting for him. Other families might like this community for the benefit of great care and staff.

I am continually amazed!

This community has been a great place for mom. The entire staff are motivated, kind, friendly and have gone out of their way to be helpful. They are involved with the residents and get to know their likes and needs. She is encouraged to participate in the daily activities and she has made new friends. They keep the community clean. The staff always have a smile on their face and I would recommend this community.

Very Satisfied

I was very nervous about placing my mom in someone else's care, but the staff at Amethyst Arbor have earned my trust. They helped make a difficult transition as easy as possible. Everyone has been very flexible and accommodating. Every staff member, whether a sales representative, a maintenance worker, a server in the dining room or a care giver, seems genuinely happy to be working there. I am thankful to have found a place that truly feels like home for my mom. I am now able to start living my life again without the constant worry over my mom's health and safety. What a relief!

Good Care for mom and dad

This is a nice community. We are happy with the care that my parents are receiving. The staff in the dining room needs to work on being a little patient with the residents. They do have activities that my parents are choosing not to participate. I would recommend this community for great care and value for loved ones.

Mom Is Comfortable

My mom is very happy and comfortable. When she gets down to the dining room she enjoys the meals. One of the servers, [Removed], has taken kindness to her and he will make sure to bring her breakfast to her if she is not down. He is a a very kind gentlemen and tries to accommodate her. They also offer communion services on Saturdays. From what we have seen we are pretty satisfied. We had an issue with the medication but we got that square away. The people are nice and kind.

It Is Fine

My sister is in the memory care. It has been fine so far. As far as I can tell it is clean, they have not updated the memory care yet. They have activities provided but they could use a little more. My sister is satisfied with the meals. They are taking good care of her and doing excellent with her.

Good Care

The community is very nice. The staff is excellent in everyway. The community is very clean and taken care of. The meals are good. Alot of great activities . Great for loved ones needing good care.

My Parents home

This is a excellent community for my parents. The staff is outstanding and very caring. The community is beautiful. Activies are great to keep active for my parents. I would highly recommend this community to others.

A nice community to visit!

This is a beautiful place. The staff that I met during our tour were friendly and knowledgeable. They offered a variety of activities and the community was clean. This community was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Loving care for mom

This community is very nice and they have a great staff that is helpful and caring. They need to maybe replace the silk plants that are in the hallways that seem to appear dusty. Mom loves that activities and is happy with the Bingo with others. This is a great community and she seems to like be here. Highly recommended for good care .

A Wonderful Tour

My tour of this facility was fine. The community appeared to be well maintained from what I saw. The staff was kind and courteous. Everybody was wonderful. The problem was that my parent would live in the assisted living portion of the community. They would have to hire some extra care for my mother memory care. My father didn't like the sound of that. It is a good community with wonderful people.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and to provide us with this valuable feedback. We would love to have the opportunity to further discuss any questions you may have. We are always here to be a resource for you. Please contact Dennis Graf, Executive Director if we can provide you with any additional information. [removed]

Good Place

This community is okay. My dad stayed here and the services and care was good.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback! We were excited to learn you have had such a positive experience with our service and care. If you have any additional input based on your experience, we practice an open door policy and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please feel free to reach out directly to our Executive Director, Dennis Graf, at [removed] at your convenience. Thank you again for your time!

No Complaints

My mother enjoys Amethyst Arbors community. The staff is extremely friendly. Mom enjoys the food. We searched around and looked at other communities in the area and Amethyst Arbors has the best value for their services. We would recommend the community to other families searching.

I Have My Minor Concerns, But Overall Everything Is Well

My mother is doing well here at this community. I do like the community, but there are minor concerns I have. The refrigerator handle in my mothers room is broken, and I've asked many time for them to fix it, they have yet to do so. I would say the cleaning could be done better. Other than those issues, she does enjoy the people here. They do offer activities. I know she is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

We could not have chosen a better place!!!

My brother is happy since moving into Amethyst Arbors. He is not real active in the community but he did like it when they had a guitar player come in on a Saturday. The community is a rustic type theme with pine rustic furniture and beautiful surroundings. He is able to have his dog in the community with him. The food is sometimes good and sometimes not so good. The entire staff is great and attentive to the residents.

SLC Midwest

My name is Dennis Graf, and as the Executive Director here at Amethyst Arbor, I wanted to thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. I was very excited to learn your brother is settling in so well, and look forward to seeing him thrive in the days to come, especially with his furry friend at his side! I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience thus far, particularly concerning your dining experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at your earliest convenience through our community phone number, or at [removed], ext. 2211.. Once again, thank you for your time.

At This Time I Would Not Recommend This Community

This community is not able to provide care for severe Alzheimer patients. They are not caring for my father very well. We have to really be demanding and fight for the right care for our father. We have spoken with the director and he has made some changes in the staff. So we are giving the community 30 days to see if things improve. At this time I would not recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

My name is Debbis Graf, Executive Director at Amethyst Arbor, and I wanted to thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback on what I believe to be the Inn at Amethyst. I am deeply concerned about your feelings and thoughts about the care provided to your father. As you stated, there have been some changes made at The Inn and we continue to focus on providing the best quality care to our residents who reside there. Since we have spoken I am hoping you have seen some changes for the better when it comes to the care your father is receiving. I would be more than happy to meet with you and discuss these concerns in person so we can improve where necessary. Please feel free to contact me personally at [removed] or you can email me directly at [removed]. I look forward to hearing from you and once again thank you for your comments.

facility and staff where very nice but may be to big for Mom and it wasn't very clean.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback based on you experience at Amethyst Arbor. We truly appreciate the opportunity to learn from your visit with us, and were glad to learn about your positive experience with our staff team. We’re pleased to say that we are adding two additional housekeeping team members as we continue to work to provide best-in-class care for our residents. We have an open door policy, and would invite you to reach out to our Executive Director, Dennis Graf, at our community number or via email at [removed] if you have any further input. Thank you again for your time.

Really pleased with Amethyst Arbors!

My Dad and my Aunt are both at Amethyst Arbors and we are really pleased with this community. I would recommend this place and in fact have already recommended to other family members. Most of the staff is a 5, but the front desk lady brings the score down. The rest of them are outstanding.

We are learning the way they do things. They have tons of activities and fun things, but my dad and Aunt haven't participated. I'm hoping that when I have time to go and participate with them they will enjoy it. I like the food. This week they are raving about the food. My Aunt loves it.

I also thank A Place For Mom for helping and being amazing with information about communities. I'm so thankful for them. It worked out how it was supposed to.

SLC Midwest

As the Executive Director for The Amethyst Campus, Dennis Graf, I would like to thank you for your very nice compliments about The Arbor, its staff, the quality of the food and mostly the fact that both your Dad and your Aunt are enjoying residing here. We do everything we possibly can to ensure resident and family satisfaction and for us to do that, we need to provide excellent and consistent customer service. Our Programming is focused on keeping our residents actively engaged and we always encourage family participation as well. I am concerned about your seemingly frustration with our Front Desk services and would like to discuss them with you. Based on your comments I am unable to determine at what time these concerns are taking place along with what they are which inhibits me from providing problem centered necessary training in an effort to improve our customer service. I would welcome meeting with you to discuss them. I am at The Arbor on almost a daily basis and we could meet there or you can contact me directly at [removed], ext. 2211 or you can email me at [removed]. Once again, I certainly am very happy with your favorable comments and hopefully we can meet and resolve the one issue you have.

Good memory care choice

Staff are caring and friendly. Apartment is kept neat and clean. Staff are responsive to communications about issues and concerns.

Things are going as expected

Moving my parents hasn't been the easiest transition since they really didn't want to have to do this. So far having them at the Amethyst has been pleasant although it will definitely take some getting used to as well as some patience on our end. The staff has been great and very responsive to or needs. We had an issue with the shower but they quickly tried to eradicate the problem. With time we are hoping that Mom and Dad will start to get used to things.

Kitchen

I would like to see them upgrade the kitchen. I am aware that the kitchen is not a full functioning kitchen. Other then that I have no complaints.

Beautiful grounds and apartments were nice. I wish they had a washer/ryer in the apartments rather than down the hall. The ‘age in place’ approach to independent living is nice. Seems like good value for the money.

Caring staff

The rooms and the facility itself are very nice. It is very clean and well organized. The staff is caring and friendly. The food here isn't terrible, but it could be better. The level and quality of care here is great.

SLC Midwest

Hello - thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We are thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with our services. Amethyst Arbors continues to improve in food service quality and hope you give us another opportunity, we take feedback very seriously and it is vital to the improvement of our community. I'd love to speak personally with you to better address your concerns. Please call me at your earliest convenience my name is Debi Hernandez, Food Service Director of Amethyst Arbor, at [removed]. Thank you.

really happy

Amethyst Arbors is going well. We are really happy with where she is at. This is the right place for her. We are happy with what is happening there. They are good about adjusting her medication and redirecting her. I am very pleased.

A Great Place

The Amethyst Arbors has an open-door policy where anytime I want to go see her I can. They take care of her very well. She is always clean and the place is clean. The food is good and the people are very caring.

She is loving every minute of it.

They have been doing a good job. She is loving every minute of it. We don't have any complaints at all. It's been great! I think they deserve a five.

Some Improvements Needed

What they need to improve on is their skills and the information they give when a person first moves in to the facility. They seem to be nickel-and-diming my loved ones to death, so I don't appreciate that.

Food Needs Improvement

They can improve on the food. They need to do a lot with that since it is really important for the residents. It's a nice place though, the people are friendly and the rooms are nice too. They could do a little better on cleaning the rooms, but other than that it is okay.

Senior Lifestyle

As the Assisted Living Director for the community, I would like to thank you for recognizing how nice our community is and how friendly we are towards our residents. In reference to your concerns about the food, we are always striving to improve in this area. We utilize our food committee which is composed of residents we meet with monthly, and we encourage all residents to participate. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss. Once again thank you for your feedback and if there are any specific concerns you would like me to address please contact me directly at [removed] or [removed].

Deatra Johnson
Assisted Living Director

As good as it gets

I would recommend this place. If you are looking, this is about as good as it gets. The one thing is that they have been out of things in the dining room, but that is getting better.

I like it. Everything is going well.

I like it. Everything is going well. We haven't had any complaints or concerns at this point. The staff is pretty friendly, and it's a clean place. The food is pretty good. It was hard to compare price because there are so many different variables at the different prices. We chose it because mom just liked the look of it the best, just the overall atmosphere.

patient and caring

Mom is having health problems so it took some time for the staff at Amethyst Arbors to get adjusted with her issues. The only real negative I have is I was real disappointed when mom had an accident and she had to go to the hospital, I didn't realize we had to get our own transportation. I think they need to make sure people know this up front. Some positives are the staff is very patient and caring. They have communicated with me really well. I would have no hesitation recommending this place to anyone.

Senior Lifestyle

We are glad to hear that you would recommend our community, and that you appreciate the effort put forth from our staff to keep families informed about their loved ones. Thank you for recognizing how caring and patient our staff are with our residents. We apologize for not being able to transport your loved one when she had the accident and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do provide transportation for our residents 5 days a week with advanced notice and will ensure that we continue to communicate this with our future residents and families upon move in. Please be aware that if your loved one has a serious accident then we follow our protocols of contacting 911 for emergency transport. Once again, thank you for your comments and if you would like to meet to discuss any further concerns please feel free to contact me at [removed].

Amethyst Arbors

We chose this facility for our elderly parents based on it being the best Assisted Living value in the NW Valley in our analysis.

The facility is going through some service challenges in their Arbors dining area right now however. Given they get this worked out I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a good value....not the place for you if looking for marble tile and highest end services.

Senior Lifestyle

As The Executive Director, I would like to thank you for your favorable comments for The Arbor. The staff take great pride in providing care services to the residents there and I am glad we are meeting your parent’s needs. I would love to talk to you about the improvements we are making to enhance our quality of service and hear any additional feedback you have regarding the Arbor. Please contact me at [removed], extension 2211, thank you again for your input.

Dennis Graf, Executive Director

A wonderful place.

I think it's a wonderful place. It's airy and it's colorful. The food is good. The people are great. The Amethyst Arbors is a really nice community. The staff is very friendly. The facility is always very clean. The cleanliness, friendliness, and care services are excellent. They do a great job at taking care of my mother. Everything has been going great. It has been a really good experience. I would recommend.

nice facility, but room for improvement

Amethyst Arbors is the only facility I found where the rooms open out into an outdoor grassy area. There is a patio on every unit. It has a very home like feel to it.

That said there is some room for improvement.

Over weekends they seem to be a bit understaffed and it really impacts the level of service that they receive. Also, there was one time when my dad was running low on a certain medication he really needs and they waiting until he was completely out to get it refilled, which led to him having to be without it for a couple of days, which caused some issues. So there is definitely some room for improvement.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for the review and the information regarding the medications and staffing. In regards to staffing, we do not have less staff on the weekends than we have during the week, we actually have the same number of staffing during the week and on the weekend. In addition, there is also a Manager on Duty who can respond to issues which may arise during the weekend. Both the Assisted Living Director and myself are on call 24/7 so we are always available. In regards to the medication not being ordered timely, the medication was actually ordered on time, but when the script was sent to the pharmacy by the physician they failed to put quantities and refills for the medication. This precluded the pharmacy from sending the medication. The nurse did follow up with the physician’s office as well as the pharmacy to ensure the medication was filled and received. Follow up was also made with the LPN to educate on notifying the family immediately if meds are not able to be filled by pharmacy or, if she is not getting the appropriate response from the physician’s office. This ensures family are also aware of the issue, what has been done, and where we are at in the process.

If you have any further questions or concerns always feel free to contact me at [removed], ext. 2211 and I will be happy to assist you.

Dennis Graf Executive Director

Dennis Graf Executive Director

My mother is as happy as she can be

I never thought my mother would be as happy as she is now. My mother is as happy as she can be. She loves the food. She just loves everything about it. It has been a great experience. I would highly recommend the Amethyst Arbors to anyone looking for a nice place to put their loved ones at. It's very clean and well kept. The staff is very nice and helpful.

It's been a good place

It's been a good place. The food is pretty good. The only minor issue I had is that they could of did a better job at the orientation. They should of let everyone know what happens at the facility sooner. Other than that, we are very happy with the Amethyst Arbors. It's a nice place. They have a lot of activities. Everyone is very friendly. The staff has been accommodating and helpful. I would recommend this place.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for your favorable review and I am happy to hear we are meeting the needs of your loved one. As the Executive Director I, along with the mangers, always strive to ensure our new residents receive a good welcome from all of us to include having all the mangers meet the new resident and, if possible, the family members as well. Our goal is to explain what each department does and who they can contact if there are problems. Another goal we have is to make sure our new residents receive the orientation to the community which will enhance their ability to find their way around the community and to get to know their new surroundings. In this case, it appears we fell short of doing this for you and your loved one. We will continue our efforts to improve this portion of the move in for our new residents and certainly would solicit your ideas on how we could succeed in our endeavor. Please feel free to contact me at [removed]. Again thank you for you input.

Senior Lifestyle

It's going pretty good so far.

It's going pretty good so far. The caregivers themselves are awesome. At first we were in love with it, when we toured. The communication with us isn't as great as we would hope. There are a lot of laundry mix-ups. They are fairly clean, but I have seen things that hadn't been tended to after a few days, but the overall cleanliness is pretty good. The activities are very good. It's beautiful and the grounds are beautiful. Though I would like to see a little quicker response to maintenance issues, especially ones that might pose a danger.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for your compliments on our grounds and our activities. As the Executive Director of the community I am glad to hear that the stay for your loved one is going good. It is my goal to make sure each of the residents stay is a good one, that we provide excellent customer service not only to our residents but to our family members as well. I am very pleased to hear our caregivers are meeting your needs and we recognize their excellent performance whenever we can. I am sorry to hear we have dropped the ball somewhat with our communication and our follow up with you as fallen short of the mark. In addition, I am disappointed to hear you are having laundry issues and we have missed some things in regards to housekeeping and maintenance. I am extremely interested to hear from you personally so we can discuss what we have missed and then I can perform follow up to make sure we are hitting the mark on follow up and repairs, especially if they relate to resident safety. Once again thank you for your comments and please feel free to contact me at [removed], extension 2211 or you can email me at [removed]. Hopefully I will hear from you soon.

Nice Facility

I liked what I saw during the tour just waiting to get my dad admitted.

Amethyst Gardens Memory Care - Five weeks in

It's still a little early in the process and it's my first time having to place a relative in memory care. The staff is always very friendly and helpful, but sometimes it is hard to contact the right person for your concern, or have that person return your phone call. They said I would be contacted regularly with updates throughout the first few weeks but I only received one unsolicited call. I work full time, so it is hard to know what is really going on. The facility is not new, but it seems to be clean and fairly well-maintained. Everyone tells me it takes months for a person to make this adjustment, so I hope all goes well.

Excellent Community

My Dad is in the assisted living section of Amethyst Arbors Community. He is enjoying his time there. The food is excellent. I have enjoyed several meals with Dad. There is a regular menu and also chef's specials every day. The dining experience seems to be well organized. The staff to resident ratio seems to be good. There is no extreme wait for a caregiver if needed. They do encourage residents to participate in activities available. They do have pendants for the residents to wear for safety concerns.

mom feels at home

I feel like they accommodated me very well in getting my mom to feel at home there.

One thing where they might could improve would be to have a little better communication between the departments.

Overall it has been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend Amethyst Arbors.

It's going pretty good overall.

It's going pretty good overall. The staff is really friendly. They do respond quickly but the communication isn't always there, so I don't know that they have responded. I might ask them to sign her up for something or start some service, and they will do it, but I don't get a follow up call or anything so I know they have done it. My mom really liked the atmosphere when we toured here, which is one of the reasons we chose it.

good food & fast response

Any time there is a problem or question, they respond and take care of it right away. The food is also really good!

Review of Amethyst Arbors Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Peoria, AZ

Rescheduled tour to the 15th due to the rain of the century. Definitely for Both parents....Mom could not drive this far to visit Dad. Beautiful Community...Larger Apt. Units...No Washer & Dryer In Unit. Balcony Units which may be more like their home living space since they sit out on their screened in patio at home during the winter season...Independent-Assisted living is a bit of a walk for the dining rm. maybe need Escort Assistance ... Like the courtyard areas & different sitting area's.. Definitely a frontrunner for a community for Both Parents.

Don't be fooled by the pretty place

When you visit Amethyst Arbors, it looks amazing. The place is clean and bright. Don't be fooled though. They will promise you the world and NEVER deliver. My mom was here less than a year. The communication from the staff to me was horrendous. There were numerous problems, including getting her medications given AFTER a meal - which didn't happen. One of the caregivers lied to me about her eating and then getting her meds. It is very disappointing when you think you are getting proper care and are paying for it, and then finding out that you are NOT getting the minimum that you are paying for and that your loved one is being neglected. The worst part of this was that I contacted not only the Assisted Living Director, but also the Executive Director with my concerns and they were ignored by both of them. Please don't subject your loved ones to this abuse by a facility. There are a few good people working here, but if you have any concerns, I guarantee that they will NOT be fixed by upper management. Spend your money elsewhere!!!!

Wonderful people at Amethyst Arbor

My parents have only been residents for a week, but so far, all preliminary dealings (sales, leasing, nurse evaluation, etc.) have been so positive. Personnel have gone out of their way to be pleasant and accommodating....above and beyond what they needed to.

Liked the setting - lots of...

Liked the setting - lots of grass and trees. Felt more like what my mom was used to and less of an institution. Just looked up the state survey site and there's no 'enforceable actions', which isn't true for other sites.

Beautiful

It’s an absolutely beautiful facility. The activities are great! I’d have to give them a five. I’m a little concerned about their food service. They seem to be very short staffed for wait staff. Parking is limited.

They're very friendly here! It took a...

They're very friendly here! It took a bit for her to settle in and for them to learn her routine, but now that they've gotten to know my loved one they're very on the ball with her care! The care they provide is excellent, and they've got a good variety of activities to keep everyone entertained.
They could, however, do a bit better at keeping things tidy.

Great experience!

I truly have nothing but good things to say about Amethyst Arbors. They were great! The staff were all wonderful! They were in constant contact with me, and called me everyday to let me know how my loved one was doing! Great experience!

Would Never Recommend This

We did not have a good experience with Amethyst Arbors. The one thing I was most unhappy about was that they were supposed to provide housekeeping, such as vacuuming and doing laundry, and they never did any of it. They just let my loved one sit in their room and no one would spend time with them. When I visited, I rarely saw staff around. I would try to call and talk to the nurse, and they were just not helpful or communicative. People just wander around and I was very unhappy with this experience.

Senior Lifestyle

First let me apologize that you felt your loved one did not have a better experience. Our top priority is the satisfaction of residents and their family. We understand concerns arise and we welcome you to share your feedback. Management has an open door policy for residents and their families. Additionally we proactively seek out feedback by meeting routinely with the resident council. While we are disappointed we could not address your concerns sooner we would appreciate if you would contact us directly to provide any further details on your experience. We want to ensure that we address any issues so our residents and their families have a favorable experience while living at The Amethyst. Dennis Graf - [removed].

There is really nothing I can think o...

There is really nothing I can think of as far as improvements. I think my loved one is very happy there so far. When choosing communities, I really just liked the staff and everyone I met that worked there. Overall, I would rate them as a 5.

Food is bad overcooked. Lot...

Food is bad overcooked. Lots of theft Incompetent medical staff. Mix up of medications lost of medications Carpet dirty Place stinks trash in closet in hallway stinks as you walk by

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for taking the time to review Amethyst Arbors. However, I would like to apologize that your visit was not more pleasant. We are very proud of our dining services team at The Amethyst. We do recognize there are opportunities for improvement and welcome feedback from our Resident Food Committee on how we can deliver a better product and service. It is alarming to hear of any potential crime in our community. Please contact me directly to review our protocols for providing a safe and secure environment for our residents and staff. It is concerning to hear that your loved one had an issue with their medications. If you can provide us with specifics we will conduct an internal investigation. We take these matters extremely seriously by properly addressing claims that are substantiated. I would like to review the housekeeping schedule with you to see if we can make any adjustments to ensure the area is cleaned and well maintained. I’d be very appreciative if we can talk further at the community about your comments and concerns. I’m also happy to speak to you on the phone whenever it is convenient for you and to hear more ways how we can improve our services and care. Feel free to reach out to me whenever you have a chance – Dennis Graf, Executive Director @ [removed]

mom liked it. I need to spe...

mom liked it. I need to speak with them in more detail regarding the flexibility of her options. She would not need three meals a day. What would cost be for two meals a day and someone to assist with showering three times a week.

Very Happy!

I see nothing wrong at all, she is moving in tomorrow, so we've been dealing with them for a few weeks. We are in the application process now for Medicaid, but they advised us that if we're going with Medicaid to book the first month privately. Sometimes Medicaid will require you to share a room, but if you're already moved in to a single room, they never ask you to share. She has a studio, and it's perfect sized. I haven't had the food, but the menu looks good! It's big, they've got two facilities for assisted living, one for dementia and then regular apartments.

The Good and the Bad

My mother has been at Amethyst Arbors for 5 months. The food is pretty good, a nice variety - and overall the staff is very friendly. My concerns are that they have a hard time retaining a nurse and care givers so my mother's medication was constantly wrong. This is SO important. The current nursing staff there is very disorganized. The place is clean for the most part - the entry way of course is very clean, but the building is old and showing signs of wear. Maintenance is lacking - it is not kept up very well. Communication seems to be another downfall of this place. No one seems to know what another person is doing - become VERY frustrating. People say things are taken care of, but then they are not, then you tell someone else, and it's not - communication is severely lacking. As far as retirement homes goes, I would say this one rates better than most - but if you place a loved one there just a couple of things to note: The sale people are your best friend until you move in - then try to get something done.....stay on top of the staff as far as medication goes. The grounds are nice, but watch out for the scorpions (they have a problem there) and don't worry about the food. The chef and dining hall is the nicest I have seen. One more thing - no smoking signs everywhere, yet the Executive Director and other staff members openly smoke in front of the building. Not good.

A lovely full service home for your aging loved one

My mom insisted she would never move into a Senior Living Facility. She said she was going to stay in her home forever. It took two years to demonstrate to her the benefits of moving into a place where she has a built in community of like minded people, all meals provided, lots of activities and a safe living space. Our family looked for several years and as soon as we saw Amethyst Arbors we knew we had found a home for mom. She has been there for 4 months and absolutely loves it. We couldn't ask for a better home for her. When I call her or visit, she tells me all she has done in the day. Wow! She is so social, which is in stark contrast to her lonely days spent in her former home of 25 years. I am so much happier because I know she is in a safe and caring environment. But most importantly, she is truly happy. She deserve that.

Great care and activities, but communication on the business end leaves a little to be desired

I would say that the communication is challenged by the application of formulaic procedures or practices as opposed to individuale needs and practicality. They are attempting to make it more accomodating, she is getting what she needs, her care givers give ehr the care that she needs, its things like the fee structures that are imposed that are formulaic as opposed to practical. They've been willing to provide her the support she needs physically and let her do what she can on her own. She has two kinds of exercises that she absolutely enjoys and other "keeping them moving" kinds of things. I'm generally quite pleased with the facility and the level of opportunity there is to do things. On a little less positive note, being able to get answers from the person that can help is a little bit harder than I feel it should be. It would be nice if they could help the families and have a little Q&A session for us or a family members forum because most of us are handling this for the first time. For cleanliness, I think it has more to do with the grounds, I don't think the dining room's unclean, but they could spruce it up a little.

This place would be fine I ...

This place would be fine I guess. Expensive for what dad needs. Will consider but think nice group home will be better fit.

Very nice. It was a little out of ou...

Very nice. It was a little out of our way and inconvenient to get to.

Visted Amethyst Gardens, connected to...

Visted Amethyst Gardens, connected to Amethyst Arbor? Not as nice as Atria - possibly declining? Big apts though. Nice green belts. Billiard/poker area bedraggled. Library not as impressive as atria. Slightly lesser clientele.

Toured with Director, nice but dated,...

Toured with Director, nice but dated, across Union Hills from Westbrook.

This is probably the best place I hav...

This is probably the best place I have toured so far.

Located in the heart of Peoria with proximity to the Center for the Performing Arts, Amethyst Senior Living Community offers the lifestyle that’s just right for you. With beautifully landscaped grounds and stunning Spanish-style architecture, this peaceful and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home. Featuring Independent and Assisted Living, Amethyst Senior Living provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.

Everything You Need to Feel at Home