The Gardens of Sun City - Sun City, AZ

Warning

Be Warned!! Do not leave your loved one here. When my 86 year old sister suffered intense pain, we were told the Gardens did not believe in pain killers. They let her lie in her own excrements and gave little care unless demanded. We visited daily to assure her well being.

She died 9 days after the final monthly payment of $5700.00 plus, but they refuse to return any prepayments, saying there were additional charges for not picking up her belongings immediately, etc. etc.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director wanted to express our condolences on the loss of your sister. Resident comfort, safety and happiness is our top priority. A resident's care is directed by their physician, and we will provide any pain medication prescribed. Note also that, as stated in our lease, when a resident passes away we work with the family so they don't need to pay for the entire month but only the time needed to settle their affairs and move their loved one's belongings. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the community.

They need to communicate more clearly

The first part of my experience has been shaky here. The staff member who is in charge of admitting all of the residents wasn’t that helpful. She was promising things that she shouldn’t have, but the facility is standing behind her word. When it came to the transfer of my Father, it was botched. She was supposed to make all of the arrangements and when the day came, he wasn’t moved. The greyest thing about this whole procedure is the communication. This is not something we do often at all. The facility needs to be a little more thorough and upfront on what is actually covered in the cost of his care. The person who admits people will make the facility a success or a failure. Since the incident of my father not getting moved on his expected date, everything is going fairly smooth. There is, unfortunately, a learning curve to the process. We didn’t know that the facility charged an outrageous amount if they have to supply him diapers, bed pads, and gloves. So that was difficult to figure out at first on how much to order him so we don’t get charged a large fee. This is our first time doing this and this was all just thrown at us. The staff is very friendly and helpful though. There is never a point where they are not easily accessible. My father said that the food is superior to previous facilities that he’s been in. The chef is very into his career and takes it seriously. He is always open to talking with the residents and taking notes on what they want. The grounds are nice and well kept. You can tell they're always attended to. Every time I visit him, there’s nothing dirty lying around. The room itself is adequate in size and it’s a studio apartment. I would recommend this community.

Outstanding and they have great down-home cooking

Everyone here from the staff to the residents is so friendly they interact really well with each other and even those who come to visit. Your made to feel welcome. My sister-in-law loves being here, has a nice apt that was completely redone before she moved in and then painted the color she wanted. There is so much to do here and she stays active all day long, loves taking walks. The dining room is great and the families are welcome to come for dinner for just $5.00. The food is delicious, down-home style, the chef talks to the residents to make sure they're happy with the menu choices and if he wants to try something new he will let them know so they can let him know how they liked it. My wife and I are seriously thinking that when it's time for us to make a move this is where we'd like to be.

Good tour

We toured The Gardens of Sun City. The staff was friendly and they gave a nice presentation of their community. They also provided us lunch at our visit. It was a clean and well-kept community. This community was our second choice. We chose another community that was closer to our family members.

A Nice and Quick Visit

We used this community for a respite stay. My dad was not fully happy with the meals they made. The care from the community was fine and went as accordingly but they didn't fully monitor him. If we stayed a little longer I am sure he would have adjusted well with the staff.

Not a lot of interaction between residents.

We toured this community and it was a nice place with friendly staff.The reason we didn't choose this community is because a lot of the residents wee in wheelchairs and not interacting. The environment was a depressing and we felt his care needs were not as advanced as many of the residents here.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am pleased that you found our team members friendly during your recent visit. Our signature activity program, Lifestyle 360 - is based on the five dimensions of wellness with a full complement of intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual programs. It is our goal and intent to keep our residents fully engaged in life activities that touch upon all of these dimensions. Please accept my invitation to have your loved one participate in a few of these Lifestyle 360 activities -- we can review the calendar and pick out some that sound intriguing to you.

Very open and inviting atmosphere

Since my mother moved in during the holidays they have had a few transitions in staff. They've brought in new staff and they are all nice but some of them have difficulty with procedures and don't speak English so it can be difficult to communicate with them. Also, one of the reasons I chose this community is because they have a beauty shop on site. They used to be open two days a week and are now only open one day which makes things difficult if they are booked up. They do offer many activities and shuttle services. My mother has memory issues and doesn't participate in all of them but it's nice that they offer a variety. I chose this community because when I walked in for the first time everything was open and homey. I liked the atmosphere and they offer all day dining and the food is pretty good. Although the Marketing and Sales staff has since changed they were excellent during the touring and moving in process.

Care for a loved one

We like the community for the good care that is received. The staff is nice and friendly and caring. The meals seem to be good and appealing. They offer a lot of activities for participation. We know that the community is clean and we like that it is maintained. Families might want to tour this community to see if it what they are looking for.

My mm's tour

We toured this community. We liked that it was a smaller community. It was very clean and taken care of. The staff was very nice and helpful to what we were looking They have activities that would have been offered. We would recommend this community for good care and value that we saw offered.

A nice place

I was happy for the tour that I received here. The staff was nice and friendly. The community is clean and would of been nice for my father to enjoy. He is still able to drive, but the distance from the parking lot to his room was far and I think he would have trouble walking that far. The activities were nice for those who would participate. I am sure other families would like the care here and the great staff.

A good place for my mom!!!

Things are going fine with my mom at The Gardens of Sun City. The staff are friendly every time I go to visit her. She is in the memory care unit. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. They keep the community well taken care of and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Staff!!

I really like the atmosphere here. The layout of the community fits perfect for the needs of my mother. One thing that i loved was all the activities that are offered. They also do have a beautician on site. My mother and my aunt would always have something to engage in. The menu for their meals looked great. Everything was well organized and planned.

Our Family Community

The experience has been as good as can be expected for my husband. The community is clean and I see them always sprucing it up. My husband eats a healthy meal and they accommodate his needs for soft foods. The staff are nice and respectful and have been doing a great job. I have had many family member use this community, they have good care!

Moved Out

My loved one had separation anxiety and I do not know how it was handled by the staff members, I just know that he was injured because he went a little wild because I was not there, so we had to move him out.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review. At The Gardens of Sun City resident care is our top priority. We're sorry to hear about your experience and our care team would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in person.

mom is very happy

They were very welcoming and very friendly and accommodating. My mother has been there a while now and they are treating her very well. She is very happy.

An Excellent community

The staff is very professional but compassionate and caring. The caregivers are very giving and have the very best interests of the residents in mind. My loved one receives excellent care in the memory care unit. It’s smaller and my loved ones don’t get lost in the shuffle. When I call I immediately get someone to answer my questions. I don’t feel badly about calling them. I really think they do a great job!

Nice People and Community

That was nice for just a tiny little room that they had. I like the guy that's in there. I forget his name but he was really really nice. It's a smaller place but at least they have companionship of the other residents there. That was impressive to me.

Premier Assisted Living, Award-Winning Care – Tailored to Your Lifestyle

Enjoy the freedom and uncomplicated living you deserve! At Gardens of Sun City, we offer a variety of options for assisted living apartments, care services, dining, and activities – so you can choose the lifestyle that suits your unique needs and preferences.

At our retirement community, you'll receive a higher level of assisted living care than at any other assisted living community in the area – thanks to our nationally-recognized memory care program, on-site physical therapy services, caring staff, and more.

Gardens of Sun City gives you more options, more care, and more ease – all with a simple rent-based pricing structure and no buy-in fees required.
Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At The Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable.

Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At The Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Located just minutes from Loop 101 in the heart of Sun City, we are northwest of Phoenix and only a few miles from Peoria, AZ.

Schedule a tour and find out what Gardens of Sun City can mean for you.