The setup, with casitas and villas impressed my husband. He did not like the three story hotel/ apartment at Freedom Plaza. The units that we toured were in serious need of Updating. I did not see a linen closet in any unit. I would be concerned as we got older that we did have to walk to amenities in the main building.

Felt like it was over priced for what we are looking for in a Memory Care facility. No Altec. Liked the overhead lights and fans in the rooms. Showers in each unit. Liked the seating for outdoor entertainment.

Very nice

During the time that my parents were here everything was fine. I would have liked for them to stay there, but just because of their personal preference they decided to leave the facility. I found that the apartment that they had was lovely as were the grounds. They had a lovely view of the pool and water fountain. The staff all seemed to be really nice as well

The Community for My Friends

My friends were impressed with the courteous and positive feeling from the community. All the staff are coordinated, very, very helpful, and they all have great attitudes. They have helped hang pictures and set up the TV. The community is laid out with shrubbery and trees with sidewalks to walk through. My friends love their apartment. It has a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, washer and dryer, a large study, and a large covered patio that lets them exit from the gate to the community sidewalk. They also really like the meals and they were the only one with the most variety of food when touring. It comes with guest meal ticket and recently I was invited with other friends and saw they were able to entertain with not doing anything, the staff were there to help the whole time. The also get 3 meals delivered to their room if needed, after 3 meals they will start to charge. His wife has a caregiver help her out and the community is okay with outside help coming in but they also work with 3 party caregivers if someone needs extra help. The community is close to Wal-Mart so they are both able to ride their scooters to the store and they like that a lot. They have both gotten better since moving in with all the activities like bingo, and they found they like it. They love the ambiance which is like walking into a 5 star hotel. My friend is not worried about his wife and feels like so much weight has lifted off his shoulders.

Overall we are happy!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she has recently made the move into this community. The staff have been helpful with the transition and I am comfortable the quality of care they have provided her. She has been enjoying her dinning experience as well as some of the other activities they have throughout the week for the residents. Overall we are very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Tour for care

We toured this community for care for my mom. They are always caring and have helped us in the past. We like the cleanliness and the menu. They have a lot of nice activities. We would recommend this community to others.

Friendly and Inviting

Very hospitable, the employees are all very friendly and helpful. The inside is well maintained and clean. It has a comfortable, homey atmosphere. There are numerous activities, they give my mom a daily schedule of the activities and she can pick and choose the ones she wants to participate in. The community looks very inviting from the outside. They provide adequate balanced meals, although not very exciting.

They Are Providing What Is Needed

My father-in-law is doing wonderful since he got here. The staff have been great with their services for him. I believe he is enjoying the activities and he likes the meals. I have no problems with them.

A good choice!

I also toured The Montecito, and it was a good tour. The lady that took me around was friendly and helpful. The facility itself was clean and organized. It was a good experience, but I found another place that fit mom's needs a little better.

We had a very good tour!

When my husband and I were searching for a community to move into, we toured The Montecito. The complex was clean and maintained very well. The young lady that took us around was very friendly in took her time with us. It was a good experience to get to tour.

New resident

The place is well kept. My mom says the residents are friendly. They need more servers during meal times sometimes only one or two servers for the entire dining room so service is very slow. Not a lot of variety of food same thing repeated over and over. Thought they would show my mom around more in the beginning and get her familiar with activities in beginning. Family left to find out all details. They give a lot of materials to read through but would be helpful to make calls in the beginning to include her in activities.

My Thought Of The Tour

This community seemed awesome when we took our tour. This was our second choice of a community. The community is open and it was very much what we were looking for. It is a lively and inviting community. The staff were nice and helpful.

Nice place!

I did not tour The Montecito, but my sister did. When we compare them, The Montecito did not have as many amenities as other places. Also, there was a cost difference.

Great choice in Peoria Az

Overall great experience. Food is excellent and staff very competent. Could be keep cleaner and activities are average.

Absolutely beautiful. Large units (the best I saw). A real laundry room, best layout of the apartments; grounds are perfectly maintained and lovely. The only drawback is the lack of interesting activities. If you don't like to play cards, there is not much to do. They wern't even aware of the West Valley Symphony. I would have selected it for its beauty but was afraid I would not be stimulated by its services.

A far away tour for mom

We toured this community. The community was very nice. We did have a meal there and it was really good. We were able to participate in an activity that we did enjoy. This would have been a great community for my mom if it were in another location. Families would like the care here and the value that is offered.

Happy with everything so far!!

I have no complaints about the quality of care my mother has been receiving at this community and am very pleased with how everything has been going. My mothers room is perfect for her and she has felt very comfortable in her new apartment which is most important to me. She has had no problems with the food and seems to really enjoy the activities they provide.

Very impressed with this place. Can't imagine choosing anywhere else that my Mom would feel at home in. [Removed] was great in answering my questions and showing me the property and all it has to offer.

Mom is happy!

Currently, they are having issues with the food. They let go of the original chef that was there when we toured the place, and are now trying to rehire new people so my mother and the other residents are disappointed in the quality of food. Other than that, she is comfortable and likes the staff. She also always talks about how great the drivers are. I go to visit her all of the time and the place is always very clean and very well taken care of. The apartment she is in has a full kitchen and its own washer and dryer, so it is perfect for her.

A wonderful community!

Mom likes living at The Montecito. The maintenance staff have been very helpful. The sales and boarding team have been great to work with. The food is good and they offer a lot of variety. They offer daily activities including bingo. They have two outdoor pools and one is heated. They offer water aerobics. All the residents seem to be friendly, kind and welcoming.

Good Value!!

The Montecito is an excellent very upscale community. The staff is great, they respond in a good manner and are very efficient. The meals are wonderful, my only complaint is I wish they would offer meals for diabetic residents. The community, in general, is very clean and well maintained, I highly recommend them.

Not the right crowd!

We just knew that this place was not right. When we walked in we felt that the population was to elderly for us. It seemed like the people were just not a good fit. They needed more assistance than we did. That is why we did choose somewhere else.

Great Tour !!

The staff was very patient with my questions and very friendly during our tour. The community was nice and the residence seemed pleased with being there. It was too far for my liking or I would have considered the move into this facility.

Very large community & residents are quite old. Nice menu & large apts or villas. Washer and dryer. Rent security necklace, not provided. Newly refurnished.

We Love Our Apartment

We are really enjoying our time here, and we are very satisfied. We love our apartment, it is very nice. The food is excellent, we are pleased with the meals. The staff is very kind, they have been very respectful and helpful. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

It Feels Like Home

The community is very clean and the staff are knowledgeable and welcoming to my guests. I have a kitchen in my room but 2 meals are provided daily so I take advantage of the amazing food like filet mignon. I do wish they had smoothies or fresh juice available. I like to join yoga, group meetings, and other activities. I would recommend this community for the amazing home feeling, my friend is now thinking of living here too!

I'm home

I just moved in so I cannot give too much info, but everyone is so helpful and friendly. It's beautiful here and it's perfect for me.

Monticito Review

Food is good except vegetables over cooked, need more varity for breakfast. Omelets should be available daily for breakfast. Also, more vegetarian dishes. Maintenance is a little slow. Otherwise it's very nice.

A Happy Move

My mother seems to be happy and enjoying her time at The Montectio. I'm happy with the move here this is my first time deal with this type of situation and everybody has been super helpful. They do charge for food here so anybody moving here just be aware of that. They do offer activities but they are ran by the residents so it is up to them whenever they decide to have them. The residents have been very friendly to us and the community as a whole works together to make everything work it's like a family it that is really nice.

It's been wonderful for my mom.

It's been wonderful for my mom. The only problem is they seem to be a little short staffed on the weekend. They had the caregivers helping serve the meals. The kindness and concern and the attention has been great. Overall we have been pretty happy with them.

Beautiful grounds and nice apartments BUT the independent living apartments are separate stand alone buildings and one must walk outdoors across the property to the dining room/rec center. There are no Independent living apartments in the main building.

going really well

The Montecito is going really well. It is far better than the previous facility we were at. It gets all 5 star ratings from me. It has absolutely been an all around good experience here. I cant think of anything for them to improve on.

A Very Good Facility

Overall The Montecito is a very good facility to be at. I will give them a high ranking on their meals. I do not really know what else to say besides that. I give them a four-star rating overall for the place.

Very nice. Spacious casitas and villas, some with upgrades. Great way to downsize and enjoy independent living with availability of assisted living and skilled nursing through neighboring facility.

Expensive, but nice.

The facility is very nice, it's lovely. The staff is pretty good, and they are very attentive. It's always clean, and they have lots of amenities. It's spacious, and has a hotel or vacation like feel to it. It's a little on the expensive side of things, but the food is is delicious, I try to come by for a visit at meal times.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. They are trying hard to rehab my friend. I don't have any concerns about them at all. They work really hard to get her back on her feet, even though she doesn't make it easy.

Very good for the price.

When I looked at other places, it's kind of typical of other places at the same price..
It's independent living, so there aren't any care services. I can't rate it on care services.
My parents haven't gotten into any activities. They seem to have alot listed but my parents haven't participated in them.
I think it's very good. The appearance, what they offer, it's the only place where my Mom said she felt she could live at, out of all of the places we looked at.
It's a good location, especially for my brother and sister, who live the closest.

Completely satisfied

Overall we've been completely satisfied with the service at The Montecito. It's been a very nice place. It clean, well kept, and the staff are all very friendly. We'd recommend it to others who are looking into senior living!

Big rooms, very nice

They had us leave because our care level s increased beyond what they were able to provide. The community is beautiful. The rooms are big. It was very nice.

They have the absolute best food of any place that I tried.

They are very clean and friendly. The activities are tremendous. They have the absolute best food of any place that I tried. I tried 8 different places and tried the food at all of them. The food here is excellent and has a good variety! They are a relatively large complex (on 20+ acres) but there is lots of well groomed open space. The grounds are well kept and nice, it's a very cheery facility that has activities going on all the time. The rooms are pretty good size and brightly lit (plenty of windows) and very clean. And the staff gets to know everyone's name (about 250 residents) within a couple of weeks, they really go out of their way to get to know their residents, and it's a good sized place, and that's not trivial. Many of the staff have been there a several (many 5+) years. And I'd say they like working there, that helps a lot.

I loved it here!!

I loved it here!! I loved it but the building got licensed for assisted living, and the price went way up, and I just couldn't see staying there. I loved having a kitchen and a laundry right there in my room. They had bright walls and everyone was just really friendly. I had storage here, which was really convenient.

Independent living

This was a great place for my mother and aunt after they both became widows. My mother lived in the Villas which are small attached homes. She had breakfast and dinner provided in a pleasant dining room setting with all the other residents. This offered her autonomy in a safe, cared for environment. There were lots of activities available should you choose to join. There are two beautiful pools on the grounds. Housekeeping is provided and the gals make the beds with clean linens which can be a struggle for the senior. My mother moved in at a time when they offered a great contract and price. It has since undergone new management and become quite pricey. If the cost is not an obstacle then the Montecito is definitely worth considering.

Very Nice but Not For Us

The Montecito was very nice, but we just didn't feel like we would have had the space that we needed. The rooms were very small. The staff was friendly though, and answered any questions that we may have had. I would have moved in if the space wasn't an issue.

Lots of Good Food

My father-in-law was here previously. It was very big. A very nice place. He had a nice apartment with a his own kitchenette. He had to eventually move out because of the dementia that he has - The Montecito does not offer any memory care. The only thing he would do is go down for the meals, and he would eat whatever he wanted because it wasn't supervised. They always had cookies and candy out. He has diabetes and his health was deteriorating. Since then, he has moved to a smaller community, and his health has really improved.

Good Food, Lots of Activities

The cost differs from one bedroom to two so it could be from about $2800 to $4200 a month and that price includes meals, which are good. My mother-in-law doesn’t participate in them much, but there are activities available to her if she wanted to participate. They have all kinds of things going on.