Brookdale Valley View - Garden Grove, CA

Brookdale Valley View - Garden Grove, CA has yet not published prices.

This facility was very clean but they charge for the room and additional fees for each service that our Mother would require. So after the price of $2,800 for the room, there would an additional cost added of $2,400. That's almost double. They also don't have a nurse to give insulin shots.

I liked this facility, the rooms were nice lots of space for storage. The one time move in fee is a bit high otherwise was over all pleased.

Everything is going well!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my dear friend since she has recently made the move into this community. The staff have been excellent to work with and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. I like that she is getting more involved with the different activities they have and enjoying the dinning experience with the other residents. Overall we are very pleased with the experience so far.

Nice Property!!

I have no complaints about how things went while my mother was staying at this place. The staff where helpful to my mom and made sure to accommodate her needs to the very best of there ability. I really liked how spacious the bedrooms where as well as all of the tasty meals the chef made for the residents. I was not disappointed with the outcome and would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Nice place. Clean. Rooms are similar to the size of a hotel room. Lots of shops restaurants and movie theaters nearby. A bit of a busy street out front, but the potential room would be in the back. Costs for both mom and dad plus dad's care is just under $5000 per month with $2500 community fee. Includes a mid-sized library/movie room, dining with restaurant style options, dayroom with television and piano.

Nearby: SouPlantation, Rite Aid, Movies, Carl's Jr., Walgreens, Vons, Wells Fargo, Panda Express

My Quick Visit To The Community

The tour I was given was a full guide of the community and staff. I came in a walk in and the accommodated me for the tour. They were a a good place but a little more compact. I noticed there were more street noise and parking noise. I had to consider headlights going through the windows when the locals would be parking.

Not A Place For Me!!

I did not like the Brookdale Valley View at all. It was very depressing. The rooms were very small and dark. The people were nice, though, I only had contact with one lady who was my tour guide. I couldn't live here.

Worth looking into!!

Mom is doing better since moving into this community. She is in a more active environment than her previous community. She is eating better and they offer a lot more choices. The staff have been good at adapting to her care needs. They are attentive and follow her schedule. The nurse and medication technicians stay on top of the medications. The community is clean and she has her own room with a door leading outside.

Great 1st Month

The first month has been a very good experience. The staff is qualified and treat the residents well.

I got a warm feeling from the people working and the residents seemed healthy and happy.
On a quiet side street in close proximity to shopping, eating and post office.

Brookdale ValleyView comes through

We decided to move our mother here from another smaller facility. She is eating better, medications seem to be well managed. She is participating in more, and more stimulating activities. It is still early afternoon the move, but overall she is doing better.

Friendly Pleople

My mother lived here for only a few days. The bedding process is something that they could work on. However, the place was really nice and the people were friendly.

Warm Environment

I think it is an especially warm environment at the Brookdale Valley View facility. They foster an inclusive, family atmosphere and that has made for a really smooth transition into the place for my loved one.

Everybody that works there is amazing

We love Brookdale Valley View. Pam and Wanda are awesome. My dad loves it. He's a happy camper. He does say that the food is bland. On a general basis he does complain about it but I realize it probably has to be. Everybody that works there is amazing.

Nice

It is a very nice place. They have a problem with their billing but that is all.

Due to a need to move in quickly the apartment available was too small for my parents needs but we really liked the facility and the.staff. Pam was very knowledgeable and gave us some of the most helpful advice in the process.

the people are great

The people there at Brookdale Valley View are really great. We transferred my father here from another Brookdale in Idaho which was bigger and nicer than what this one is. This one is not as nice or spacious.

The people there are really great though!

It's grown on us nicely!

We are happy with Brookdale Valley View! My dad didn't care much for it at first but he's liking it now!

Review of Emeritus at Valley View Assisted Living in Garden Grove, CA

Ok but no single bedroom apprx 3900/mo Will call back said could put 2 rooms together at higher fee

Communication has really been the issue.

The activities are not really applicable to our situation. Communication has really been the issue. The communication with the medical related staff could be improved, it took a week to get back to me. Since we decided to move here the communication hasn't been as much as I would like. We liked the location.

Nice Staff

They do a lot, but she is not really interested. There are a few things they could improve on, but as a whole, that place is a lot better than most of them. Not like this place is awesome, but some of the places I have looked at are way worse. It's a smaller facility with less people, and the staff was really kind and nice.

warm, cozy environment. nic...

warm, cozy environment. nice staff and residents.

Not Right For Us

It was okay. It was a little further away from me than the other Emeritus in Garden Grove and inside their building is was really dark. The other one is nice and light which appeals to me.

Great Activities!

I think it's probably priced pretty well. I feel like they do their job and the activities they're pretty strong on. My mom stays pretty doggone busy. she probably has more of a social life than I do now! She likes going off site, bingo, everything they do. They do all kinds of things. I think overall, given what they're working with, they do pretty well. I think sometimes they're a little overwhelmed but they do a good job.

We looked at some places in Long Beach and it's just a very different environment to be in Orange County. I felt safer going there. I just thought this would be a better, more supportive place for her.

Nice

It was okay. I didn't like the set up as much as the other Emeritus location in Garden Grove. It was clean and everyone was friendly but the other location seemed like a better fit for my sister.

Best Value

(Activities Not Rated) The geographical location of this community is one reason we chose it. The staff seemed very nice and the apartments were a good size. We really do not have anything to complain about with Emeritus. In the area they are the best combination of staff, price, food and size. When you put it all together it is just the overall best value. We are paying $2,700 a month plus any add on for additional care services.

Nice facility and friendly staff. Not...

Nice facility and friendly staff. Not enough outdoor space.

Very nice location, but not for my Au...

Very nice location, but not for my Aunt. Food was ok, but the kitchen remodel is a week away from reopening so the catering is out-sourced. Friendly staff, pretty suburban crowd.Super nice staff!

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.