Arbor Palms Senior Living - Anaheim, CA

The advisor was great. Very nice and knowledgable. Unfortunately, it is farther from our home than we would like and they dont really have a place for dad to walk much at all. It was a bit outdated and older looking.

The residents seem happy

This facility was nice and the price was good. However, the location wasn’t ideal. In some ways, it wasn’t very upscale but it wasn’t bad at all. The people seemed nice, the residents seemed to like being there, and, for the most part, the rooms were nice as well. If you live closer, then this place would probably be great. It just didn’t work for our location needs.

The place is very nice and staff was friendly and interacted well with residents. Only thing keeping me from choosing this place was their parking lot was not big and people were double parking and blocking route. Also, even though they allow pets, there is no place for the residents to take their pets to do their business except in front of the building. I do not think this would make for a safe situation

I did not like this facility. The rooms were much too small, that didn't even have any closet space.

Tiny Room in a Big Community

On the tour I saw that they were a big facility and they had a very tiny room at the end of the hall that would be available for my dad. He would have to go down the hallways, pass the stairs and go down the elevator. I felt that would be too much for him.

There was a slight oder thoughout not up to my standards. Nice staff but small rooms

I'm sure it's lovely but it's over my budget. I clicked on 3 stars only because I never visited the facility and my feedback would not be saved until I clicked on stars.

I Had To Consider The Distance

Nothing was wrong with this community when we went to see it. They were just too far away from me. I saw everything they provided was good.

Needs some improvement...

My mother is still adjusting since her move into this community, we are not sure if it will work out. She did mention to me there was a lot of complaints about the food. The cleanliness is good, but it is just an older place, with old popcorn ceilings. It needs some upgrading. The also need a courtyard area so that the residents can go outside and have an area to sit.

Tour for care

We found this community to be nice and clean. The tour was very nice and the staff members were attentive to the needs of care that we were looking for. The menu was appealing and the list of activities would have been helpful. This community is very nice on the inside and outside. This is a nice for the care that is offered for families.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about the care that my mother has been receiving at this community. All of the staff have been friendly and helpful in all aspects to her in making her comfortable. She is enjoying the meals they are serving as well as as the different activities they have for the residents throughout the week. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and kept things very professional during our visit. I liked that the floor plan was easy to navigate through as well and everything was kept very clean. It was just not the right location for my loved one in the end decision.

Friendly and welcoming residents!

Mom is very happy at Meridian Gardens. She's getting involved in activities. We liked this community because when we visited the residents were engaged and socializing. There were two ladies that came up to my mom and were very welcoming. I like that it's a community full of neighbors.

Dedicated with great follow-up

Meridian Gardens has been a good move for my loved one. She wasn't very social but by week two she came out of her shell. The staff sent me a video the other day of her singing. It's very clean and a great atmosphere. One area that is lacking is the food. She is African American and enjoys "soul food".They could use some more comfort food and chicken with better seasoning. Overall, the experience has been very positive. [Removed] made all the difference by following up to see where we were and answer any questions we had without being pushy.[Removed]'s efforts are the main reason we chose Meridian Gardens. The front desk personal also did a wonderful job and were very friendly and helpful. They have done plethora of things that impressed me.

Some staffings issues but otherwise very good!

My mother is 94 years old and very happy here! They are going through some transitions with new management. They do have have some staffing issues and are short on people. They keep the residents very occupied and busy with activities. The main complaint is the food. The main chef that was there had a bad accident and they haven't found a proper replacement. We liked the location because it's close to me. The rooms are a very nice on the independent section. She was able to set up a bedroom and a living space. She likes the amount of space they offer in her section. She's made new friends. I have also referred a friend to the community as well.

A positive experience!

My husband is doing well and is very happy at the Meridian Gardens of Anaheim.

Welcoming Staff!!

I really have no complaints about the tour I took of this community. The staff where on time and greeted my loved one and I with a smile upon arrival. The complex was beautiful with lots of great amenities available to the residents. It just came down to location and this one way a little further then we liked to get to my mother.

The Staff Is Very Nice!!

Things are going well since I made the move to this community. The food is the only complaint I have, it's not very good. I am able to request something different but the second choice isn't always good. What I've been doing is taking notes of the food I don't like so I won't order it. Overall, the community is kept very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have activities available, but I haven't joined any, though.

My brother's care

I am happy with the community being clean. The staff is nice and helpful. I know that he is offered to do activities. They have been a few things brought to the staff and has been corrected. He is making friends. This is a close community so that we can visit our brother. I feel very comfortable with the care now that he is getting at this community. He is just settling in here and adjusting. This is a good value for the care. I have a few concerns on the meals that are served to my brother. The dining area can use improvements. He is doing good here with the care. I would recommend this community to other families.

The location lacks parking and on a busy street.
Elizabeth was wonderful to show us around. We could tell that she really cares about her job and takes it very personally.
She was very informative and gracious.
The rooms were not big enough for my parents, but they are clean and bright.

I liked it very much Stephanie kind and considerate the building was very clean and the rooms are large I liked it very much

A place for brother but not home yet.

My brother has only been there a week. I find the staff very helpful and caring , however, the ball has been dropped on a few occasions.
I am hoping that with time we will all come together and a routine will develop.
The location was very good for us. Providing us with the ability to visit on a regular basis.
I am having a difficult time remembering all the names of staff and the people that you need to interact with.
I'm sure this is much more difficult for my brother.
I have asked for a list of staff names to try and become more familiar but have not received it as yet.

So far so good!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far the experience has been an entirely positive one! It's a nice looking place, the people seem friendly, and the residents are well cared for.

Beautiful Community, My Tour Went Very Well

This a very beautiful community. It was one of my top picks for my brother. My tour went very well. Everybody was very kind and friendly. They invited us back to try their meals. It was a little more expensive for our budget. This is a lovely community. My tour was a pleasant experience.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA

Meet with Danielle who works in the Memory Care Unit. The single room in nice the shared room you don t have any privacy. It did smell and then a few of the residents complained and were not happy. I would not put my mother here not a good fit.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA

This facility is very outdated ran down and much like an institution. I would never consider this place. However due to its condition the rent is very cheap.

Two thumbs up!

Meridian Gardens was a fantastic place to visit my grandmother. My grandmothers needs are continually met with a smile on their face.

Dad and mom lived there for a few weeks, the place is nice but they sell you something that is not [removed] I got a chance to interact with the employees and they're just overworked the place has roaches, when touring they make it seem like it's a happy place when it's not activities is not what it seems to be, my parents were always missing clothing overall it's a mess they should remove that management NASTY !!

Attentive staff

If you need a safe place for your loved one, I would recommend Meridian Gardens. The staff is very attentive to the residents here. The one on one interaction is wonderful and the residents seem to love it. The level of care is excellent.

really likes it

She is very happy at Meridian Gardens Of Anaheim. She really likes it there. The food is good the service is good. Everyone is friendly. It's clean. So far so good. She has told us that everything is great there.

The facility and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Because we had a short time frame the
available space was not suited to my parents although it was large and beautiful. Lynda was very hospitable and made sure we were well taken care of while we were there. She also followed up with me the next day.

Pleased with this great facility!

They are very attentive here and I like how you can always find a staff member, and they're all in the same uniform so they can easily be identified. They're always very receptive when you talk to them, or when you're concerned about something, they follow up with you. They also have an ongoing memory care type of training for staff, so they are always learning and improving and they're trying to get ahead in that way. The care is also effective and it's not just having someone just sit and watch the residents. They have very good memory care units; upon bringing my mom in, she thought it was a hotel, it was decorated so nicely. They also have things from older generations displayed that resdients can interact with. So far, we've been very pleased.

Every thing has been working out good.

Every thing has been working out good. We had a very good experience. They keep it clean and everyone is friendly. I don't have any concerns or complaints at all. I would give them a five.

good overall

Overall everything with Meridian Gardens of Anaheim has been very good, but there are a couple of areas where they can improve. For one, they have a calendar for the activities, but they do not follow the calendar. It will say they are doing something at a certain time, but then when that time comes they are not doing it. Also, they have outings that they do every Thursday but my mom has not been on one. I wish they would be a little more proactive in letting her know when it is happening and encouraging her to join. Finally, when an ambulance comes by for any reason, since it is a memory care facility, there needs to be someone manning the door closely. An ambulance came by once and my mother wandered off into the ambulance and to the hospital with them when she was not the one they had come for. So a few areas for improvement, but overall they are very good.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Meridian Gardens. The facility is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and take good care of the residents. My only complaint is that sometimes response times to the call buttons can be a little slow if things get busy.

really happy with the experience

On the positive side, they definitely do a good job keeping dad engaged in activities. They provide a daily schedule of things that they do. We have been to three different evening events since he started there.

The only negative is that it has been a little more difficult than I think it should have been to get everything sorted out and working right with his medications.

We are really happy with the experience overall.

Mixed experience

We have had a mixed experience with Meridian Gardens. The facility itself is nice looking, and the aide staff are generally helpful and knowledgeable. However I haven't had much luck communicating with the management staff. It seems like nobody who would be able to answer the sorts of questions or issues I have gets in until around 10:30, and by that point I am no longer available. The food could also use some work, the quality is very hit or miss.

Understaffed, but they try

My mother has lived in the memory care unit for a few months. While the staff members who are there are very friendly, there simply aren't enough of them. The front desk is often left unmanned, meaning anyone can walk in or out unnoticed. The room-cleaning leaves a lot to be desired. The rooms should be cleaned daily, but they are definitely not. The last time I visited my mother, I pulled her bed away from the wall to find A LOT of dust and dust bunnies. The in-room bathrooms aren't cleaned daily either. The laundry is done often enough, but most of my mother's clothing, linens and towels have gone missing at some point and we've had to ask for the staff to look for them. She moved in with 8 pairs of pants and now she only has 3 left so I have to buy more for her. I'm satisfied with the food, since my mom is not a picky eater and seems to like what they serve. Also, when my mom has missed meals, the staff has been great about fixing a plate for her so she doesn't have to be hungry.

A nice place to live

Facility is always clean and smells good. Plenty of friendly staff on hand. They offer periodic "family" events that let loved ones interact. Food is decent, not great. Wish they offered meals that the residents could choose from-not everyone likes the same food or the meal being served on some days. Interior of facility is always decorated nice for the season or holiday at hand. Annual rent increase can be a bit steep and hard on fixed incomes.

There are a lot of problems, and they are working diligently to fix them.

There are a lot of problems, and they are working diligently to fix them. They don't clean very well. Sometimes when you call on weekends nobody answers, we have had problems getting through. Their LVN quit shortly after we came in, and the medication dispensers weren't watching her take her medication, so she wasn't taking it. There are two caretakers for 18 people. They are understaffed. Corporate has all these equations for how many people are there and how many workers they can have. It works for the corporation, but not for the residents. For the price I would recommend it, it's a good value. I like the people there I think they are just mismanaged, and misguided. If they could just reign in the troops they would have a good thing here. The food is not very good, for a while they didn't even have salt and pepper shakers.

Arbor Palms Senior Living is the senior living community of choice in North Orange County, offering mature adults a lifestyle that is satisfying, secure, and active. Our surroundings and environment offer the opportunity to appreciate the advantages that comes from a superior quality of life.

Enjoy the comforts of home while having peace of mind know staff is available 24 hours a day. Best of all you will enjoy the finer things in life while our staff takes care of the chores of cooking, cleaning, laundry and transportation. For residents who need a little help with their daily routine but want to maintain their independence, we offer varying degrees of assisted living services. Personal care assistance is available 24 hours a day. In everything we do, our residents’ needs are our top priority.
You’ll enjoy restaurant style dining, delicious and nutritious meals and snacks. Our cheerful staff serves your menu selections in a pleasant ambience.

We believe leisure time should enhance your life. Our Activity Director works with each resident to develop activities to meet individual needs, whether shopping, exercise, dining out, painting, arts and crafts, music concerts, discussions, games or movies! Whatever it is, we shall develop it with you.