Brookdale Brookhurst - Westminster, CA

Brookdale Brookhurst - Westminster, CA has yet not published prices.

Not the place for your loved one

I would not recommend to anyone ,they do not really care for loved ones.They medicate rather then deal with there needs and way over priced .and rooms are not cleaned .and thy charge you for everything even it was not done .please if u love your loved ones this is not the place pulled my father in -law out after five weeks .

Place was going through a remodel so it looked messy and smelled like paint. Was difficult to get a true picture of expected costs

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor and the different amenities they had for the residents. Overall it has been a great place but it was just not the right location.

Not the Right Fit

I enjoyed the tour and it looked like a nice facility but they were not a match for my dad's needs. They are so much bigger and the staff to resident ratio would be bad for his needs. I did appreciate getting to knowing about the community.

Too Busy Of A Area

This community was nice however the way the building was situated half of it was on a busy street which meant it was a little too noisy with traffic. The property had what they called a courtyard in back with a large fenced in fountain and come seating areas. The inside was very well decorated very warm and inviting. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Comfort for mom!!

Things are going very well for my mother since moving into Brookdale Brookhurst. We really like the activities they offer and the caregivers. Everyone is very nice. The place is clean, and sometimes my mother is in clothes that are not hers, or residents are walking into other residents rooms, but it does not hurt anyone. I like that it is very open and inviting.

Of the four I saw, I would rate this #3 mainly because the residents looked bored/disengaged. I would, however, rate their showers #1 (no lip).

Just an all around good fit for us.

We chose Brookdale Brookhurst for a few reasons. First the staff is friendly and personable. And the size of the location is not overwhelmingly big. It was in our price range and there wasn't any pressure to sign and no up selling efforts. It just felt like the right place for our mom so we placed her ther a month ago and she is very happy. We feel she is going to be able to age in place there and as her care needs increase Brookdale Brookhurst will be able to meet all her needs.

A great place to be

My loved one is adapting to her new lifestyle very well. A lot better then we were expecting and that is comforting. We toured lots of communities and this location had a great atmosphere really stood out compared to the others. We had a few concerns that we easy spoke with staff about and they were eager to resolve them. The food is pretty good but a little costly for outsiders. They have lots of activities but my loved one has been busy making friends! They really enjoy spending time together in whomever's room they choose to hang in! I would recommend this place to anyone looking.

The facility is wonderful, however when we were looking at the facility the information we were given and the information we were given at the day we signed in were totally different.
Also her bills are always wrong

The Memory Care rooms are large. Food choices were great. Sara is wonderful, very caring, looking out for this small community.

Nurse Practitioner is Amazing!!

This location is a lovely facility, I am extremely pleased with this community. All of the care team has been wonderful at remembering my loved ones name which has made her feel very comfortable and safe. I want to recognize the nurse practitioner, she has been amazing and very helpful to my sister.

Very Pleased!

My husband and I moved his 84-year-old sister into Brookdale two weeks ago. So far, we are very pleased with the level of care. Everyone seems to know her name and they greet her by name in the hallways and the dining area. My sister-in-law has some memory loss and her caregivers are very solicitous with her. Her apartment is wonderful, very big and lots of natural light. The dining room offers quite a large variety and the food is very tasty. The other day, I asked my sister-in-law if she felt that she was being taken care of and she said "oh yes! Everyone has been so wonderful". The environment is very safe. We are glad that we found Brookdale!

Nice

My 89 year old Mom went to live her at the end of May, and so far, so good. She is in a shared apartment and has a very nice roommate. The apartment is clean and rooms are large enough. Brookdale is very nice and the Staff friendly and efficient. There is a nice dining room where they order off of a Menu, like a restaurant, and the food is good. Mom says she's getting fat, ha ha. They have a very nice courtyard with a Koi pond and daily activities for the Residents, though my Mom chooses not to participate. I would recommend Brookdale to anyone who is looking for a nice place for their loved ones who need minimal care.

I was very pleased with the cost for my mom to share a 2 bedroom, and by qualifying for there low income rate makes her being able to live there within her means.

I was very impressed with all that Brookdale offers and the personal care they give to their residence. The dining hall is very dignified and appealing. By her living in a 2 bedroom and qualifying for the low income rate is allowing her to live there within her means.

Community Is Like A Little City

My father is doing well here, but we are having some billing issues. Hopefully our billing issues get resolved. Other than that everything else is going very well. They are taking very good care of him and his needs. The community looks beautiful, everything is kept very nice and clean. The food is amazing, he is pleased with the meals. The commutation between the staff and I is great, they are very informative. This community is like a little city.

Wasn't The Place For Me

This was a decent tour. It is a pretty fair community. I do think they could make the community more presentable. The staff was friendly and showed me all around the facility. I did notice a bad smell around the community. It just wasn't the right fit for me.

Good "place for Mom"

My 89 year old mom has been there just a little over one week, and so far, so good. I am impressed at how helpful Nancy was and how quickly we got signed up. It is a beautiful place, too, nice and quiet, not noisy like a nursing home. And I love the music heard in the hallways. Her apartment is just right for her. It is very clean and well maintained. She also seems to like the meals. I like the fact that family is welcome to visit anytime and dine with her.

Rescue Mission Complete!

As a family we decided that the place where my mother was prior was just not the right place. We decided on Brookdale Brookhurst and I am very glad we did. Since moving in she is more high functioning with all of the activities she has to choose from on a daily basis. The residents get to play 10 cent Bingo and she enjoys the chair zumba. Mom is a bit picky when it comes to eating but I have eaten there several times and they always have a nice fresh selection and it is really good. My experience with the staff have been wonderful. They are all very upbeat and welcoming and help keep us prepared for what we may need. So far I am completely pleased with the place and would recommend for sure.

Caring For Mom Very Well

Everything is going very well for my mother since her move to this community. I do not live in the same state, and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. I know she is adjusting okay and the staff will look after her very well. The staff is wonderful and compassionate, they are always smiling and joking around with the residents. There are many activities offered. They serve good food, I've tried a couple a meals and the meals are nice. The community looks great and I would overall recommend it.

Wonderful place- may need to work on services being delivered

This was a godsend for my mother, assisted living services within her budget due to area it is located which is safe and easily accessed. She was able to get a first floor apt which was her dream.
We have only dealt with one issue and that is the problem w/staff assistance first thing in the morning, it seems there is a higher demand than there is staff and we have had to discuss few times w/the facility but they are very receptive and try to be responsive.
Friendly, clean, courteous....very fortunate to have found this place.

A bit expensive

Since moving Grandma into Brookdale it has been great. She has really taken a liking and I can hardly get a hold of her now that she has partaken in the activities. Going there is like walking into a hotel and not a medical facility at all. The p-lace is very clean although it is a bit expensive. Advice i have for anyone moving their loved ones in, if they are only taking minimum medications handle the management of meds on your own. Paying $500 for a reminder of one pill is a bit ridiculous.

Favorable Experience

The experience we had with the Brookdale Brookhurst facility was an extremely favorable one for both my loved one and the family. Everything about the place seemed to be okay or above average at the least.

Compassionate staff

This facility is clean.The staff is compassionate, kind and friendly. The facility has a lot of activities for the residents that seem like fun. The food is pretty decent. So far, a pretty good place.

Bug Issue

They have a cockroach issue and they just need to make sure they have no bugs, Other than that the properties great.

v

Brookdale Brookhurst is a very clean place and the staff are all very helpful and caring. It has been a very good experience and I would highly recommend them.

Very convenient if one of my parents were to move. Less than 1.5 from their house. Nancy was very caring and seemed more concerned about my parents well being than trying to move them in. Size was not too big nor too small. Definite + on my list. Nancy +++

Wonderful Home, like a resort hotel. Clean, friendly, lots of activities and music. Nice homey dining room and spacious apartments.
I was very impressed.

Friendly Place

I would say this is the most friendly facility that I have been to and talked with. It wasn't has clean as I wanted to be but barely reasonable.

Almost there

Well i have toured the facility for my mother however she has not moved in yet because she had fallen and is in recovery currently. However from all my pre - move in experiences, I found the place to be a very wonderful experience. The place was very nice and helpful and I think it will be an excellent choice once we get her established there.

Very friendly and nice to work with!

The staff is very friendly and nice to work with. They are doing a very good job caring for us, even though my mother can be tough at times. There are activities going on all the time but it's really up to the tenants to utilize them. The previous director, Vicki, was an asset to us and a real "go getter"...very dynamic, so we were sad to see her go. Overall, they have been very friendly and really work with us to help my mom make a good transition. We are pleased.

not too great

My experience at Emeritus at Brookhurst has not been too great. The care givers are mostly unskilled labor and not really trained and able to handle residents that can't walk and need special one on one care.

The food is not bad, but the service when you are eating is quite poor.

They are one of the cheaper places around, and for a reason. We'll probably be moving out soon.

great place

They have done really well. I haven't had a whole lot of experience with places like this so I may not be the best judge, but they have delivered on everything they have promised and have been wonderful to work with. I don't have any negative feelings or critiques for them. I would highly recommend Emeritus at Brookhurst.

Good communication.

I was very happy with the fact that they give me a monthly evaluation of how my sister is doing and if there’s any problem they let me know. I think it’s a great value. My sister was somewhere else and the room was much smaller for a much higher cost.

Very Helpful

This community and the staff are very helpful and very cooperative. They gave us lots of information. The food would a four. The parking was a little bit tight and I’d give it a four too. They do have outside courtyard in the middle.

It's pretty darn clean.

It's pretty darn clean. The staff is very helpful, they never give us any problems. It's the best value around. They respond almost immediately, if we need something. They have a lot of various activities going on. The food is really good. One of the things we liked is that, they allow pets. If they had a program for professional trainers to come in once in a while to help the staff with handling the dogs, as of now whoever is off duty for their chores gets to walk the dogs, they don't always know how to properly handle the leash.

This is a nice place

This is a nice place

Not much choice...

My mother lives here & my father visits her daily. He takes her out for dinner, a walk & brings fresh veggie juice. When she lived at home they walked twice a day. When we looked as facilities we were told that they had a walking club & the walkers had an opportunity to walk twice a day. They told us to talk with the dietitian to make sure she they knew what she could and couldn't eat and we gave the facility her doctor's approved list of supplements (many vitamins) & medications (only 2) & the time of day she needed to take them. Unfortunately she was not getting her walks which negatively effects her memory... walking helps her memory. She wasn't getting all her supplements, the timing of her supplements & medication was off. They were giving her one supplement that helps her sleep 1st thing in the morning. They gave her sleeping pill at dinner time... which was too early. She was given foods that makes her Alzheimer's condition worse. Inflammatory foods (wheat, corn, soy, dairy and sugar) makes Alzheimer's worse. Fruit juice is bad for folks w/Alzheimer's & they were giving her juice... when we told them "NO, JUICE PLEASE!" The good part my dad can sleep at night knowing he does not have to worry about her wandering.

Good Community

In general it has been OK. I think they could improve on communication with the families a bit. It seemed to be all together very clean and well organized.

A Few Issues but Okay Overall

My mom is there. Her room is generally clean except they don't do a good job vacuuming so other than the carpet in her room the place is clean. The staff is very nice. I think all assisted living is extraordinarily expensive and Emeritus, from what I can see, is the least expensive of anything I have been able to find. All of it is overpriced but this is probably the best price for what you get.

Mom is in what is called a friendship suite. It's basically a 2 bedroom apartment. There are 2 master suites, a living room, a kitchenette, and a little balcony. It's probably 800 or 900sq ft. They charge you for the room and then they charge extra for care. There are 5 levels. She went in as a level one and then they moved her to a level 5 without talking to us. Ultimately they dropped her to a level 3, which is still too expensive.

The care has been sufficient as far as I can tell. She got off the bed and got into her wheelchairs and the gal was shocked. She didn't even know she could stand up! Why doesn't she know? She's been helping mom for two months. That disappointed me. I think there's not enough of them and race in and race out. I image that is common but it's still disappointing.

I was please when I moved her in because they're clean, friendly, not plush or elaborate in anyway but that's good because my mom isn't either. She fit well into Emeritus. It's clean, spacious, and they have activities.

Good Food

My mom was never in any kind of facility before but when you compare the services I suppose it's on par with everything else. You never want to spend a lot of money. I think it really depends on the person. Before we put her in Emeritus my mom was just sitting around the house, not motivated to do anything. She's still not that motivated but she has meals and plays a lot of cards. They had a casino night which was really nice. They have a lot of things available for her to do and we try to encourage her to get out and do things. We were really impressed with the quality of the food.

Loved the facility, but fee...

Loved the facility, but feel it is too large for Mother to handle.

No no no. Bad juju...like a...

No no no. Bad juju...like a cheesy hotel.

We went on a tour and were impressed....

We went on a tour and were impressed. We scheduled another meeting with the marketing director. She is young, yet very informative. Gave us great additional references and sources.

Nice, but confining for memory care f...

Nice, but confining for memory care folks, not much garden area, neighborhood getting on the rough side, don't feel all that save. Nice folks

Very nice, new facility but it confus...

Very nice, new facility but it confused mom

Several options on rooms, sm courtyar...

Several options on rooms, sm courtyard for BBQ fridays, 3 stories, care fees vary on time spent.

Nice facility, still considering, lot...

Nice facility, still considering, lots of activities.

Toured, OK, in Little Saigon.

Toured, OK, in Little Saigon.

Nice. Big. Studios start at $1695.

Nice. Big. Studios start at $1695.

Loved it! Nice facility. Great staff ...

Loved it! Nice facility. Great staff (Director was wonderful.) Large, private room...best price. need to get Dr. diagnosis and figure out funding...this is my #1 choice at this time.

Priced right. Life alert pendants.

Priced right. Life alert pendants.

Very nice.

Very nice.

I am impressed with this facility, th...

I am impressed with this facility, they do have the memory care area which is secure and safe, they seem to have a great staff and the location was very clean.

Brookdale Brookhurst offers Memory Care and Assisted Living in Westminster, California. Our easy to get to location makes it very convenient to visit from northern Orange County and southern Los Angeles County.

At Brookdale Brookhurst residents have so much to do. We are just four miles from Huntington Beach, where our residents go and enjoy local restaurants, museums, shipping and walks along the beach every week. When our residents aren't enjoying the breeze of the Pacific Ocean they are often partaking in one of the many activities and amenities our community offers, such as:

Book club
Koi pond
Men's breakfast
Community barbeques
Zumba
Weekly entertainers

Our pet friendly community has large apartments, all of which feature:

Bathrooms with walk-in showers
Mirrored closets
Wall-to-wall carpeting
Window dressings
Kitchenette with refrigerator, freezer and microwave
Individual climate control
Cathedral ceilings (in most units)

We foster strong relationships with several medical providers who visit the community. By keeping in continual communication we are able to ensure that continuity of care is provided for each of our residents. Our staff is caring, compassionate and dedicated to our residents as though they are our family.