Sunrise of Seal Beach - Seal Beach, CA

[name removed] was delightful and explained everything thoroughly. Beautiful facility. Definite possibility for the future.

I toured this community

The staff was friendly and it was OK. They answered all of my questions. It seemed to sterile in there. And we saw no people walking around. The apartments were nice and we just didn't see much activity going on. They only served 2 meals a day. It just wasn't a good fit.

Answered any questions I had for them!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I like that they have an open floor plan that was easy to navigate through and many activities for the residents. Overall it was a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Excellent care

We are very happy with the care from this community. We like that the staff is caring and very helpful for his needs. The community is maintained and offers a positive environment for the residents. The menu is very good and we like knowing that they offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

The best community in Orange County

The staff at this community are nice, polite and competent. My brother enjoys some of the daily activities. He likes the food and they keep the community very clean. I would recommend this community.

patients children

When my mother first moved into the independent living her care was wonderful. All the employee would call her by name and tried to involve her in activities. As she began to decline in memory they insisted she be moved to assisted and thats when the problems started. Within a week of moving to assisted it was determined she was wandering "too much" and needed to move into memory care, which was full, so they moved her to the place called [Removed]. Most of the people there were alot worse off then she was and it made her angry and combative. The director seemed to feel that she had a psychological problem and didnt' understand why two moves within a week "really set her off".
We were finally able to move her into the memory care unit within 2 weeks but things never really settled down. The were constantly calling us saying she needed additional care and raising the cost. She was having numerous falls and they insisted they couldn't care for her without her being on hospice.
After being in memory care approximately 2 years I made the hard decision to move her to another facility that could "care for her better", and thank goodness I did. She is more involved in activities and the staff at the new facility if wonderful. The new company doesn't seem to be out for just increasing their rates and really care for their patients. There's singing, happy hour and other activitites that keep patients engaged and happy. If you're considering Sunrise look around, you may save yourself come headache and frustration, and your family member will be happier.

No Complaints!!

Overall this experience for my loved one has been wonderful, I have no complaints about the service and care she has been receiving. The community is very well maintained and kept clean with lots of natural light throughout the building. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living facility.

Outdated Bedrooms!!

I was not impressed during my tour with this particular community. The bedrooms needed a lot of renovations from the carpet to the paint and the furniture looked very old and outdated. The rooms also seemed very small with a very closed off floor plan. I would not want my mother to be living in this community.

Sunrise Senior Living

A Friendly Tour

I took a tour at this community and found that they do not offer private rooms to new residents and there is a waiting list to get one. The community is very clean and maintained. The cost was expensive and the staff is friendly and followed-up with me in a quick manner. They offered snack but I didn't try any meals.

Review of Sunrise of Seal Beach - Seal Beach, CA

very large facility that is spread out. Looks pretty new but rather impersonal by the layout. Lots of clutter. Not for us.

Mom is really happy!

My mom is really happy here. It is a really good place.

I visited 6/22/15. Very attractive facility that has multi levels of care that would fit my mother's needs. The residents appear well cared for. In the shared room option with a dividing wall the person closest to the door has no privacy or window. It really should be less expensive. I like the set up of the memory unit. It was pleasant and did not feel like a locked facility.

Amazing!

Everything about this facility is amazing!

This is a beautiful place. All personal that I met were very nice and helpful. It is quite expensive but I believe you would be well taken care of.

mom is very happy

They have really gone above and beyond trying to accommodate my mom. My mom is really adjusting well there at Sunrise of Seal Beach.

One area I have noticed where they might could improve would be to set expectations better on the sort of care to expect on the independent living side.

My has been there a couple months and has adjusted well and is very happy. She really likes the place and especially the staff.

They were perfect!

They were perfect. My loved one passed away there. The hospice people and everybody else were just great. We felt very comfortable and good about Sunrise. They treated us very well there.

Very nice place!

They do a very good job at Sunrise of Seal beach, the service they provide is excellent. The caregivers are very kind and professional, and the other residents are all friendly. The staff take wonderful care of the people who live here. It can be a big change for a person moving in to one of these communities, and the people at Sunrise have been very helpful throughout the whole process.

great place, bad sales and marketing

I really like the people there at Sunrise of Seal Beach a lot, but there have been some communication issues with the sales and marketing staff. I feel that there were some misrepresentations made about the cost that we would expect. We were doing this with limited finances and with help from insurance, and the sort of help we were able to get was not accurately portrayed to us. Fortunately, when I voiced these concerns they resolved it, but I told them I would not speak with the marketing director again as I felt that she was not forthright and less than honest.

$4800-$6000 for studio only...

$4800-$6000 for studio only 397sq ft plus $58/day care =$1740; plus cable med mgmt $13/day=$700/mo TOTAL $7500/MONTH 405/605

Referred by Sarah Sunrise 4...

Referred by Sarah Sunrise 4th visit. Nice , 77 in independent living, separate buildings Nancy OK

Nice, New Atmosphere

I like that it doesn't smell like urine like a lot of other places do. Their bedrooms are separate. It's got a newer, nicer atmosphere. It doesn't look like a hospital like a lot of places do.

Really Nice, Hard-working Caregivers

I think it's expensive but I don't have a lot to compare it to. I think it's nice. I think when you first go in there you're all jazzed, you know? And what they tell you is a little different from what you get. I think they needs more caregivers so they can have more personal attention. They're girls, they're good and they work very hard to take care of the people.

My mom doesn't do any of the activities but they have games and bus trips and movies and things. The grounds are gorgeous. The have a dining area and a little bistro which is lovely. The lady that worked with me was really nice.

Big Property, Lots of Activities

My step father lived here and it was fine. It was very expensive. It was a really big, nice property and they had a lot of activities and things but my step father very quickly could not do any of them so it wasn't great for him.

Seal Beach City Limits

We chose this location because our loved one wanted to be in the Seal Beach city limits. We looked at 2 other communities and they did not compare to Sunrise. The community is within the city limits so she has easy access for the senior transportation systems. It is close to the highway so it makes it easy and convenient for our family to visit. The community has lots of amenities and is really nice. Her doctors are nearby and easy accessible. We are very pleased with Sunrise and would recommend it to anyone.

5 mi from home. This is what im looki...

5 mi from home. This is what im looking for. Thoughtful caregivers, helpful assistance, homey surroundings and a dog. I was impressed by the quality of caregivers.

1. It was very nice. Not within the b...

1. It was very nice. Not within the budget. Would be my first choice.

Fantastic facility, but way to expens...

Fantastic facility, but way to expensive for my fathers budget.

She liked it

She liked it

Among its other living and care options, Sunrise of Seal Beach offers Edna’s Place, an intimate cluster of suites within our Reminiscence Neighborhoods where residents who have higher level needs due to more severe cognitive impairment such as late stage memory loss or Alzheimer’s disease can find both the care and the caring they deserve.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.