Look at the Nurses education before you decide

This is for their Skilled Nursing area. Only 1 RN a few LVN the remainder CN's. The communication between family and them and my dad's doctor is terrible. They seem to look bothered if I asked a question or if my dad needed assisted to use the bathroom. Do NOT use their laundry, we have lost clothes and socks. We used this facility because he likes the assisted living area and now we are thinking twice.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. This was a really big place. There was a lot of activities going on. The garden was huge. There were to many people in one area it looked congested. I would recommend families tour this place before making a decision.

I toured this community

The tour was good and the staff is friendly and helpful. They answered all of my questions. We liked it and heard good things about the medical staff. It wasn't a fixed rate everything was an add on and seemed it would get to pricey for us and my grandpa wasn't comfortable with that.

Very nice people and surroundings. We felt comfortable and welcomed. [Removed] was first rate and gave us volumes of information. We liked the people with whom we sat at lunch. We would have preferred a larger fitness room and a swimming pool. Living quarters were unusually nice. We liked the library and public areas. [Removed] thought his food was very good. I thought mine was good. We had a very good feeling about the place overall. We felt we could trust the people we talked to.

Did not work for us

This community started to cut back on the staff as well as other areas of this community when my loved one was there. They did not seem to be working to be sure the residents had the care they needed. My loved one was not happy here so we did move them to another community.

Had all the potential for THE retirement community for my parents - independent living, asst. living, memory care, and skilled nursing - plus villas and apartments. Unfortunately, the facilities were rather dated. Although they were clean and decorated nicely, they were built in the 60's and definately had that 60's look about them. Also, the "villas" were actually homes that were next to the property that had been purchased - this had advantages, but the main disadvantage was that they weren't in the core of the community and, because of that, felt separated and somewhat isolating. Two smell related issues: 1) in walking around the grounds I got whiffs of dog poo - very unpleasant and likely from residents who don't pick up after their animals and 2) the main facility smelled musty and old. My only other comment is that the grounds are not particularly attractively landscaped. Mostly lawn with little color/flowers. All in all, it's a fine place, just not up to my parents standards.

My brother is happy!!

My brother has made a great transition into this community with the help of the staff and other residents being so welcoming. That is a big deal for us because he tends to be a little fussy about change. He has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in activities from time to time. Overall we are pleased and would defiantly recommend this facility.

Not impressed with the communication at this facility!!

I was not very impressed with the experience my dad had at this community. He was only there for a short amount of time but the nursing staff did not even make an attempt to try and handle his care or to try and help calm him down the first twenty four hours he was there. They did not tell me these things during our tour or upon move in that the nurses where not skilled in that area. There solution was to give him a stronger medication that basically sedated him all the time and made him sleepy. I just was not pleased with the quality of care he received while he was in there complex.

Great employees who really care about their jobs. Daily activities to keep clients amused and involved.

My father and I were both extremely impressed by every bit of the tour, from location, grounds, residents, staff and clean bright rooms.
I like the fact that it is a community within a community with doctors, nurses, beauty, barber and even a gift shop.
The only drawback for my father was the size of the rooms for two people.
I wouldn't mind living there.

Providing My Mother With Good Care

This is a good community, and my mother is doing well. She has adjusted well to it, and mainly she is happy. They have been great to work with. The staff is good, they are very helpful and attentive. Everyone has been very friendly. The meals are good, she is pleased with them. She is being cared for very well, and I'am pleased. They have provided me a peace of mind knowing she is safe.

Broken Promises!!

Rowntree Gardens had made many promises over the phone and during our tour of the community that they could not follow through with. They could not provide the care that my mother needed and I ended up moving her into another facility.

Great experience for our family.

Rowntree Gardens provided multiple levels of care for my in-laws for almost 8 years. The staff consistently worked to meet their physical and emotional needs. The Life Care program proved invaluable for them. They were able to seamlessly move back and forth from assisted living to skilled nursing, depending on their situation. Our family had numerous birthday, anniversary, Thanksgiving and holiday celebrations at Rowntree. The staff always made great accommodations for us. We had a very positive experience throughout the years at Rowntree.

It Could Have Been Better

We had a short stay with this community. My mother-in-law got general care and there are some good staff. The facility is nice with nice grounds. There were some issues with the nurses, Mom felt like some were not nice and not prompt when she had to use the restroom. I also felt like after 2 weeks they were trying to have her moved out. There was no follow-up call or anything after we used their services. It could have been a better experience.

We have visited this facility and consider it a viable option

Rowntree has turned out to be a great place for my Mom and I am very happy with the decision to have her be a resident. The place is very clean and all except one of the staff members are great. Mom is participating in activities and loves the food. I could complain about the one staff member but I have already brought it to the attention to the higher ups and I'm sure the problem will cease. I would definitely highly recommend the place!

Review of Rowntree Gardens - Stanton, CA

Lovely place...beautiful grounds! Jennifer was really nice and showed us the Memory Gardens part of Rowntree. They seem to care to the residents well. The dinning room was nice. This is a place we would consider placing mom

Very very pleased with Rowntree Gardens!

My Aunt absolutely loves it at Rowntree Gardens! It's an awesome place. She feels very safe and comfortable there. Everybody is super friendly, no matter what time it is. She can go out of her room and visit with other residents, it's good for her to be with others around her age. She is glad she moved there now rather than later. It's convenient for me to visit her. I am very very pleased with this community. They have a rec room on each floor, and a lot of activities. There's a big laundry facility on each floor. The room style she wanted to live in they did not have one available at the time, so they built her a kitchenette in her room. And while they did so she was able to stay in a respite care room, and they let us store her furniture and stuff in another room.

This is a very nice facility with a nice staff. They are helpful and caring. So far, we do not have any complaints with Rowntree Gardens.

really good care

We really like Rowntree Gardens. They took really good care of my mother. For what she needs, it ended up being too much money so we are now in the process of looking at other options, but we have nothing but positive things to say about Rowntree Gardens.

Beautiful facility!! Jennifer and Yaly were very helpful and took time with me in the process. Because we had to make a decision quickly the availability was not on the first floor but really liked the community feel and the style of the place.

Quaker Gardens was well staffed, and had a lot of supervision.

Quaker Gardens was well staffed, and had a lot of supervision. It was very secure and controlled, they had you sign people in and out, and even had a visitor log so they could tell you anyone that had been by to visit. The staff were all very nice. My loved one was okay with the food, we didn't have any major complaints there. We were in the memory care and she just didn't get to do as many activities as she would have liked. They said they would take her to the assisted living side for activities but it just didn't happen as often as we would have liked.

Older community, large, quiet grounds. Big + for on-site medical staff.

We are very happy!

They have been more than helpful and they have been very understanding and helpful about everything. There were circumstances where we ended up having to wait to get my parents checked in there and I expected to be charged for the time they were supposed to initially go in but they did not charge me for that. They have really gone out of their way and have been very accommodating. It is a really great value as compared to other places as well. We are very happy!

Beautiful facility with happy residents.

I did the photography the past few days for this facility and spent 8 hours each day meeting people, visiting homes, common areas, eating areas etc. and it was so wonderful. I asked each person that I photographed how they liked living there and the responses were so touching. Each member would mention to me that they loved the feeling of community and support. They all said that they made so many friends and always felt like they had someone to talk to.

The other common thread was that they loved the food at the facility. Apparently, a new chef was hired recently and the food was quite impressive. The days that I was there a chef was on the beautiful outdoor patio making fresh BBQ meals to order.

An interesting thing that I noticed was the large male population. At both of my grandmothers homes there were very few men. But at this location it was a very impressive male population.

Overall, I was very impressed with the facility with the smiles and laughter I saw all around me.

Wonderful!

Very positive experience so far

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience has been a very positive one. The staff here are very attentive, and they've responded quickly and reliably to any requests I have made. I also like that they're communicative, and keep me in the loop about how my loved one is doing.

Clean and spacious!

It is very clean and doesn't feel confined at all. Some places are much too small, so I really like how spacious it is. It also has ample parking space, which is useful because I'm still driving. It does offer transportation for those who need it, but this service can be fairly expensive. Overall the pricing is standard though, and I feel that this will be where I would move to in the future if needed.

Supportive Staff and Good Food

My sister lives there and she's doing well. She seems very pleased with it. I think it's all summed up in something she said to me [removed] "I'm calling this home." She had lived in another apartment for over 30 years and never intended on leaving and now she thinks this is so much better! She's doesn't think back on that old apartment at all.

There are plenty of activities. She's not really and activities person but I expect she'll join in soon. She takes the meals there. She likes them and she's fairly picky so that's a plus. She's found the staff to be very supportive without being intrusive. They let you be but they watch out for you. We're very happy that she's there.

independent & assisted living w/memor...

independent & assisted living w/memory on one campus. Lots of walking room. No pets. I can see them living here, but prefer closer to home.

Rowntree Gardens is one of Orange County’s only licensed, not-for-profit, Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC). Wherever you are in life’s journey, there’s a place for you in our community. We believe in engaging and nurturing community members’ minds, bodies and spirits. Rowntree Gardens offers a close-knit community where friendships are formed, people care for each other with compassion and devotion, and every person is cherished. A faith-based organization, Rowntree Gardens provides the complete continuum of care. This ensures that you and your loved ones have convenient and affordable access to the full range of expert care, services, amenities, activities and friendship in a variety of settings that promote physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing throughout all seasons of life. Available within one welcoming, compassionate community, these complete services include Acacia Independent Living, The Cedars Assisted Living, access to our Elmwood Care Center offering short- and long-term skilled nursing, our New Leaf Rehab Agency, and Gardens Memory Care. In the autumn of 2015, Rowntree Gardens completed a multi-million dollar infrastructure / renovation project, new staff additions, the creation of new community member programming and services, and much more. 2015 was also our 50th anniversary! Not only is our average employee tenure 13 years, but our staff treat and care for community members like family. We’re also proud that “U.S. News & World Report BEST Nursing Homes 2014” gave Rowntree Gardens its highest rating of five stars (based on Medicare data). Our affiliations include: California Friends Homes, The Alzheimer’s Association, LeadingAge California, Better Business Bureau and Friends Services for the Aging.