Sunrise of La Palma - La Palma, CA

Sunrise La Palma is SUPER!

Upon my first visit to the facility to gather information, I was beyond impressed! The size was a bit smaller than other Sunrise locations, and that was great! [removed], the purchase director, is beyond personable and supportive to families! [removed], the Reminiscence Director, is very helpful and manages that portion of the facility well. The staff was very polite, busy with patients and attentive to my questions! After I decided upon the facility, they were VERY accommodating to our move in, supported my mom's transition and put my mind at ease! They take very good care of her, keep her busy and monitor her eating and hygiene very well! I have been able to have friends come and visit and stay for meals, and been here for activities, too!

Great Experience

My aunt is doing well with her move to this community. So far I'am pleased with all they have done. The community looks beautiful. The staff is great, and very caring. The experience is going very well.

Great option for an independent, active senior!

Sunrise of La Palma was Beautiful! I was impressed by the community. I wanted to move there! I felt it was better suited for a senior in their 70's not a 90 year old woman like my mother. Care was extra and that equaled CHA-CHING! Sunrise was expensive but gorgeous!

First Month Opinion

The overall experience has been very good. The employees
have been very nice. More work is needed to keep family
informed of medical situations..

Our new home for dad

I love that Sunrise feels like a home. Floors are carpeted, there's a pet dog, the food was good and the people were friendly and helpful.
Plan ahead I'd you think your loved one will need to be in the memory care area as space is limited and there is usually a waiting last.
The $$$amount I put in is for everything including meds and incontinence care and supplies, meals and rent.

Sunrise La Palma is a beautiful place, which was one of my preferences.
If I had to choose again, this would definitely be my number one choice.

An Enjoyable Full Tour

The tour I set up for myself was on time and the staff was ready to give me a full tour. It was a really good tour and they became one of the top choices. It is newer and upscale looking. The residents were nice but not as fully active from what I had seen. They had no problems with me returning with some family to have them observe the place. After consideration it was thought to be a little too fancy and would not be the right fit.

The people are friendly and very helpful through a time that can be very difficult.

Very Pleased With This Community

I'am very pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. It is a very beautiful community with great people. The staff have been amazing. She is getting involved in the activities they offer. She is satisfied with the food, she is eating well. I'am really happy that everything has worked out so well. I would highly recommend this community.

Great place for mom

They were very kind to mom when she moved in. Helped us get her out of the car and into her room even though one of them was getting off for the day she stayed to make sure my mom was comfortable in her new home first. They tried to work with my moms special needs and make sure she had quality of life. I would highly recommend Sunrise of La Palma to any family looking for a home for their parent or love one. Other then the fact that its a bit pricey its well worth the experience.

Review of Sunrise of La Palma - La Palma, CA

Lovely place I would give it 10stars out of 5. Its like a resort. The Memory Care part is well organized and staffed. The Assisted Living is very family friendly and cheery. I hope to place my mom here

Friendly staff

Sunrise is a very nice facility. It has a cozy feel when you walk in. The staff is very friendly and attentive to the residents needs. There also seem to be a decent amount of activities to keep the residents engaged.

very satisfied

I am very satisfied with Sunrise of La Palma. I haven't been here too long. I have no complaints at this point. So far so good at this facility.

Friendly, helpful staff

I think they do an excellent job overall at Sunrise of La Palma. The communication I've seen between all levels of staff has been fantastic, and I think it really comes through in the level of care they provide. Every person I've spoken to, from the management to the cleaning staff, has been friendly and ready to help. I also like that this is a smaller community, and the residents seem to get more individual attention and care.

My Place For Mom

We looked at multiple facilities in Orange County for my mother. Sunrise La Palma just felt right not to small and not to big. The staff is very good to my mom and they keep me informed of any change in her daily routine. This was a difficult decision to place my mom, but now I know she is safe and around new friend where she can continue to enjoy her life.

Perfect in everyway for Assisted Living facility

I must say I have been thoroughly impressed with Sunrise and how they have taken care of my family member in such a caring and compassionate manner. It feels like home and I feel comfortable visiting. The staff is always very friendly and inviting.

Review of Sunrise of La Palma Alzheimer's / Memory Care in La Palma, CA

Good size rooms. Small outside area. Rms plus apprx 5400/mo

Friendly and attentive staff!

They've done a great job at Sunrise of La Palma so far! It's a nice looking place, and they take great care of their residents. Their attention to Mom's care has been excellent! They don't provide one on one care specifically, but each of the residents does get plenty of attention, and everyone is well looked after!

Wonderful location with lot...

Wonderful location with lots of activities. It was expensive.

Too big for family member

They're a little more affordable but they're HUGE. They're beautiful and everyone's nice but they're just so big.

Greeted politely - environment very p...

Greeted politely - environment very pleasant (inside & out). Very nice, clean place. Felt Good about the place & program. Could be a place for Mom.

beautiful decor

beautiful decor

Beautiful grounds inside and out. Ro...

Beautiful grounds inside and out. Rooms very nice, clean and spacious. It was hard to gauge how my mother feels about a place since she likes every place she last sees the best. It is a little over expensive (the cheapest rooms--the studios--are too small to fit my Mom's desired furniture), and medication management costs are based on the number of medications (up to 6 at one price, $15 a day more for 7+). Transportation for medical appointments in presently only on one day a week at a set time, and only within a 10 mile radius.

Nice facility, but expensive.

Nice facility, but expensive.

Sunrise Assisted Living of La Palma is nestled in the quiet and peaceful community of La Palma, California. We are conveniently located adjacent to La Palma Intercommunity Hospital. Many of our residents enjoy views overlooking a lovely residential neighborhood and our beautiful gardens and landscaping. Just minutes from the 91 Freeway, we are easily accessible to shopping, beaches, Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland and many area parks.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.