Katella Senior Living Community - Los Alamitos, CA

Great Place

Great facility, great employee attitude and service and great location.

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for taking the time to review Katella Senior Living. We are glad that you have had a positive experience at our community.

Sincerely,
Claire, Executive Director

Very nice place. Staff I met were nice. The memory care was nice and clean. Price on internet differs from prices you are given at the facility.

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. It is our mission to provide a welcoming environment and the best service for our residents and guests. On a daily basis, we strive to provide one-of-a-kind service and care.

I’m sorry to hear about the information you found online. You are welcome to contact me directly regarding your experience. Thank you and best wishes.

Sincerely,

Michele Ortiz, Executive Director

My visit to this community

We liked the staff we met at this community when we visited. The community looked clean. This community seems to offer some nice amenities and activities. They do allow pets and offer transportation services.

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit Katella Senior Living Community, and for your review. I am so glad to hear that you are satisfied with our services and community! Please feel free to reach out to me should you have any questions.

Sincerely, Michele Ortiz, Executive Director.

This was a match for us. Soon as we walked in we "felt" it. Big but not too big. Lots of windows and sunlight. They have respite opt. Instead of long term assisted living. People and personnel very friendly and professional. Out door spaces were beautiful and well kept. Need to see if we can work out the finances since insurance doesn't cover cost.

TGG Communications

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Katella Senior Living Community! We are thrilled to hear that you liked the overall atmosphere and friendly staff. I invite you to reach out to me should any questions or concerns arise, so that I may address them with you more effectively. Thanks again for your feedback! Sincerely, Michele Ortiz, Executive Director.

One request only nit fullfilled

Respite care for 18 days. My sister didn't require care did her own medications. But due to hospitalization and illness previously we decided this was best option. In case something happened while we were out of area. Facility nice, people friendly. My one request was that she be seating at a dining table with people her age if possible (55). And certainly not with people that required feeding help and were less then optimal table mates. Well my sister got the later and unfortunately I didn't find that out until I returned home.? I was not happy. For my 18 days sisters 18 days at the facility we paid almost the same price as the monthly rate. I was told I would need to bring chair, lamp, tv etc. after loading all that up in my car. When we arrived the room was furnished very nicely. So I loaded all my stuff back in the car. It would have been nice to know and saved me ton of labor. I will be in need of a facility again later this summer. I would consider using this facility again because of the friendliness of the staff. However after receiving g a phone call the day I left my sister there. That phone call was not meant for me.. ". So what did you end up charging them" when she realized she was speaking to wrong person she apologized and we hung up.?? So I feel possible a different rate could be negotiated depending on persons needs.

TGG Communications

Thank you for your review, Sharon. At Katella Senior Living, we are committed to following and supporting our service philosophy. Our staff is sensitive to the needs of both our residents and their families. Our intent is to provide services that meet both their needs while taking into account the resident's particular circumstances. I would like to directly learn more about your concerns and the details of your sister’s experience. Please contact me at [removed]. Most sincerely, Michele Ortiz.

[Removed] listened to my wants and desires for my 93 yr old mother that was very active all of her life! She booked me with two places and [Removed] was very nice. Perfect size rooms, very close to our family and doctors. [Removed] took me through the facility and it was perfect. The staff was very friendly, facility very elegant and the residents seemed extremely happy!!! LOTS of smiles!! I like the idea for my mom of a studio room so they are encouraged to mingle with other residents. GREAT IDEA!!!!

TGG Communications

It would be an honor to care for your mother. We are very excited to share your feedback with the rest of our team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Sincerely, Michele Ortiz, Executive Director

Mom's New Home for Care

I like the care that my mom is getting from this community. The staff are nice and very caring. The community is clean and this is a new community. The menu is nice with a good variety. The offer my mom to participate in the activities. I would recommend the care of this community to other families for good care and nice value.

Limited parking - mostly street parking which is limited to only three hours only during the day. There are smells I didn't like and some of them are too strong. The library areas were small and the common room areas were small. There were no walkable shops or entertainment. Had a nice room with a large bathroom for ADA access. Nice modern look. Nice furniture in the common room. Marketing person will call me next week to discuss details.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to tour Katella Senior Living and provide your feedback. I look forward to connecting with you!
Sincerely, Ashley Schulz, Marketing Director

My Tour

On my tour there was not an available staff to give me a tour. They should have had a backup. It was a good community from what I saw. I didn't like the menu, they lacked daily variety and choices to pick from.

Community Representative

I am sorry to hear of your concerns. Please feel welcome to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Best,
Ashley Schulz
Marketing Director

An Enjoyable Full Tour

The tour I set up for myself was on time and the staff was ready to give me a full tour. It was a really good tour and they became one of the top choices. It is newer and upscale looking. The residents were nice but not as fully active from what I had seen. They had no problems with me returning with some family to have them observe the place. After consideration it was thought to be a little too fancy and would not be the right fit.

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so pleased that you came to tour our senior living community, and we hope you find the right fit. Please feel welcome to contact us if you have any questions on your journey.
Sincerely
Ashley, Marketing Director

patient child

My mother originally lived in Sunrise, about 5 years. She would engage in some activities, rarely, and as her memory left her, the engagement diminished and so did her happiness.
Moving to Katella Senior memory care unit was the best decision I made. She is more confused, but less angry and paranoid, and seems to be participating in the activities more. She enjoys the music and exercise classes that are lead by people who are enthusiastic about what they do and it shows. The staff takes time to know their residents and seem to enjoy them. This is a wonderful place to have your loved one.

Hello,
Thank you grealty for taking the time to share your experience with Katella! It is wonderful to know that we are able to provide an environment to support your mother's safety and overall wellbeing. We thank you for taking the time to share this feedback.
Best, Michele Ortiz, Executive Director

POSSIBILITY--Close to home. A dog may be allowed(additional cost for dog care). Feels institutional even tho it's small(approx. 25 MC residents?). It is a remodeled SNF. Dining room still has a nursing station next to it. Sparse decor/small rooms/small patio area. Community fee waived if moving in by July 1st.

Community Representative

Hello! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss further; please feel welcome to call me at our community phone number. We take pride in providing the highest quality of care and services for our residents!
Sincerely, Michele Ortiz Executive Director

I would recommend it.

It's really pretty there. Now my mom has a social life. I would recommend it. The staff is excellent, top of the list. They're 5 stars. It's very clean, the dining room is wonderful. The residents have a calendar to keep track of the activities. They have activities each hour. Mom is hardly ever in her room, she is always out and about. It's great.

Katella welcomes you to a senior living community located within warm and
sunny Los Alamitos in Southern California. Tastefully decorated in California Casual style throughout, Katella allows our seniors everything they need to flourish, all within comfortable and casual, yet elegant common areas and amenities.
Experience and Service
Katella Senior Living has over 35 years of experience and service to the community offering residential care. The Katella lifestyle provides
housing choices for those who want independent living or need assisted living support care. All of these choices are right across the street from a full service medical center so excellent health care is within reach. Also should your health care
needs exceed that which we can safely provide at Katella, you have the opportunity to access a higher
level of care located next door right on our campus at Alamitos West Health Care Center. Our residents
live with peace of mind that continuity of care can provide. Our professional and warm approach
to senior living is demonstrated through experience, service, value and caring.

SNF #300602548