Brookdale Plaza Lisle 2 - Lisle, IL

Terrible place!!!

Dad went from Edward's hospital to the skilled nursing facility at Brookdale Lisle. They knew he was going to be there for several days. He did not get his medicine, which included anti-seizure meds for almost 18 hours! He was having a lot of trouble and they just didn't care. There was no water in the room at any time we visited over the weekend. I pushed the emergency call button. No one came! I looked out in the hall after 7 minutes and there were at least 5 people out there most on their cell phones. I went next door to get him a drink. 27 minutes later the call light was still on and he had to go to the bathroom. I had to go find someone and she had a huge attitude. I asked her if this is what we can expect when the call light is on that no one will answer it. She said, " I'LL TELL YOU WHAT!...we're short staffed!" A few days later, they found him not breathing and unresponsive. He got rushed to Edward's ER and they said he was severely dehydrated. He was having seizures and the staff at Brookdale didn't even know it! He passed away within 20 hours. My mother and I feel awful that he spent his last fews days at this terribly uncaring facility!

Very large community!

The Brookdale Lisle was wonderful, we toured the Memory Care Unit and I just felt that because it was so large and there were so many hallways leading off to the main area, it would be difficult for my loved ones to adjust. The place was very nice and the people were friendly, but it was not the right for them.

Nice people!

I think that the people are alright here. The food is absolutely terrible. They put some things together and you don't even no what it is. The community is clean. The staff do, do there jobs and they are nice.

Stay away from this one!

We placed my father in this facility. We hired a one on one to stay with him 24/7. Thank goodness we did! The one on one said four people died on his floor in three days. They never answered the call button and to top it all despite a DNR order sent him to the hospital. The nurse didn't see the DNR she didn't look in his file. Despite the award this is a horrible place to place a love one believe me!

Do not send a loved one here. My lov...

Do not send a loved one here. My loved one can't walk anymore due to their negligence, they are lazy, the patients alarms are never on. Staff and Management argues, makes excuses and are very unprofessional. Save yourself and your loved one. A lot of [removed] as well

Long waiting list. Receptio...

Long waiting list. Receptionists less than friendly. Concern over secured environment. Residence wear arm or ankle monitors. Residence must bring in own furniture. Not a positive choice.

Nice clean facility, Medicare 4-star ...

Nice clean facility, Medicare 4-star rated. comparable to other highly rated nursing homes I've looked at. Residents appear to be on a rather fixed schedule; typically waked between 6 and 7AM.

Brookdale Plaza Lisle II provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.