Atria Park of Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

Older facility, felt very homey. Two large porches that looked very relaxful when the weather improved. They are in the process of updating some spaces which is were they had space available. Room was just okay. Parking was a big issue, tho they said they were working on getting more spaces. Right across from a nice big park.

Beautiful, clean, but the best part is the staff. They are so friendly & dedicated! They actually stop to greet you & introduce themselves. Even the residents stopped to say how much they like it there! Very expensive memory care rates though.

My new community home

I am happy living at this community. The staff is helpful when needed. I like that I am able to cook for myself. This is a community with friendly residents and they do offer some activities for us to socialize. I would recommend this community for someone wanting a great place to call home.

Good, more staff better!

Atria Park of Glen Ellyn is a beautiful and inviting community. It is a very clean and well-kept. They could use more staff on hand but they try very hard with the staff they have. The staff is friendly caring and it really showed when they evaluated the situation of why my friend was falling and came up with a solution to help prevent it from happening in the future. The food could definitely use improvement, I have dined there with my friend and it seemed that the added ingredient was too much salt. The staff encourages the residents to participate in the individualized activities that meet their needs at their stage of life. I would definitely recommend Atria Park to friends and family.

A community tour for care

We toured this community for the care for a friend. We liked the staff who were able to answer the questions we had on the care that is offered. We like the cleanliness of the community. They offer a nice variety of meals and the activities would be helpful. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Didn't Work Out So Well

My loved one was there only for a limited amount of time. They had exhibited aggression and how the staff handled it was the complete opposite as to how they said they would handle a situation such as what happened. They are not forth coming with their policies and procedures. Since we were only there a short amount of time I really have nothing else to base my opinion on other than I feel like we were misled after asking about this type of situation.

Friendly Community, but To Large For Us

We had a pretty nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. From what we saw the community looked nice. However it was larger than we would had liked. I felt it would be overwhelming for my sister. The staff was friendly, but I did not feel this was the facility for us.

Great home-style vibe

I'm not rating this as 5 stars since I think the staff does a great job of "caring" but not so good a job at integrating a new resident into activities. They do bring new residents down to meals and introduce to other residents, but outside activities are not discussed. I happened to be there when the new monthly calendar was delivered, but no mention on it how to sign up for outside events, Even internal daily activities are not discussed with residents or encouraged. I think my Dad spends more time in his room than warranted. But, I acknowledge the level of car he receives is very good.

Above and beyond!!

The care from the staff is amazing, when I first started looking for a place fore my mom, I called A Place For Mom because I was really under the gun with finding a place, my mother was in rehab and only had a certain amount of days before she had to leave. I went to visit Atria and I liked what I saw. I was very stressed out and the lady at Atria was so helpful! They took me into their office and put me in touch with the movers her furniture and they just calmed me down. The lady and everyone there has been amazing from start to finish. If I ever have any questions, they get back to me right away, it has truly been a wonderful experience.

I took a tour!

My sister and I toured many communities with one being Atria Park of Glen Ellyn. The facility was clean and maintained well. The tour guide answered our questions and was friendly, but we found another community that for my mother's needs best.

Care and Attention

I like the care here for my grandmother. The staff is wonderful and the community is very clean. They need to improve some of the menus They do offer activities with some of the other residents and hopefully she will want to participate at a later time. I would recommend this community for the good care and value

Accommodating staff!

It has been a very nice experience for my mother and stepfather since their move to this community. I have tried the meals and they seem to be very good, They have activities available and the staff has been great. We are happy with our decision.

Great Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother here at Atria. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. It has been a very good experience, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. They even offer adult day services, which my mother enjoys going to. This community has worked out very well for us, but it isn't cheap.

They Are Better Now

The community looks pretty good and everything is okay. The staff are nice and the food is fine. In the beginning there were issues but they are better now. The staff could be use a little more training and be a little more gentle. I am told the younger staff think everything is funny and the men are more gentle.

Bad vibes!

I was not impressed at all when I went on the tour here with my sons. They showed us around the community and was very nice and helpful. There was just a feeling that we got that we did not even want to finish the tour. We left and decided it was not the place for my wife.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community. If you'd like to tell me more specifics about your tour, I welcome you to contact me directly at [removed].

My Thought Of The Tour!

This was a clean community and it was also a great price. The people I met were nice and this was one of my top three communities.

Homelike Feel!

The community is very warms and comfortable. The atmosphere is positive. The staff is friendly, they keep me informed and answer all of my questions. The residents are all very nice , the community offers a variety of activities such as music and games, for them to interact with each other. The place is maintained clean and has a good smell.

We like Atria Park!!

The staff are excellent, courteous and go the extra mile. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. They have a lot of activities. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

A good place!!!

Mom is still adjusting to living at Atria. The staff are helpful. They encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities. The food is good and the community is clean. I would recommend this community.

Relaxing Community!!

This community seemed to be very peaceful and relaxing for all of the residents. There seemed to be a lot of activities going on and the lobby and dinning room was very open and inviting. I would recommend this place to anyone in need of a senior living home.

Good Care for my mom

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and helpful. A clean place to call home. The activities are great. The food is good. I would recommend this community to other families.

Great Tour!

The community at Atria Park of Glen Ellyn is beautifully kept. It is very clean and well maintained. The staff that offered the tour were very knowledgeable and addressed all of our concerns. They were very friendly and did a great job showing us around Atria Park.

Not for me.

I came to Atria of Glen Ellyn in [Removed]. I was coming from a rehab facility and did not need assisted living services but needed meals and transportation for approximately 2 months. I stayed at Atria 3 days. I was warmly welcomed and the staff was helpful in getting me settled into this facility. The food was good and the staff seemed to learn my individual preferences quick quickly. I participated in a few of the activities and enjoyed them. If I had stayed I may have used their personal trainer who leads a morning exercise class. I chose to leave Atria for these reasons. I could not get any internet or cell service in my room. I was told that "This is just how it is...". If I wanted to call my family I had to go into the lobby on the first floor to make a call. My family was very concerned about my safety alone in my room without access to a phone and I didn't want to have all of my cellphone conversations in the lobby in front of others. I could not use anything that needed an Internet connection. I often Skype with my sister and I couldn't do any of that. I could not use my iPad without an Internet connection. There was not a solution when I asked the administration about this. Also when I was first brought into my room I noticed that the air-conditioner was really loud and said that it was so loud I doubted I could sleep. I was told that maintenance would be available on Monday, this was Saturday afternoon. I asked a few staff if there was anything that could be done and was told "no". I ended up shutting it off and slept without air-conditioning in July. On Monday the maintenance man did check my unit and said that it was so broken that it needed to be replaced. I did leave for a different facility later that day. Atria was clean and had a large porch were residents relaxed and visited.

Katy Miller

Hi, Judy. I appreciate you reaching out to tell us about your experience. I'm sorry to hear that our community did not meet your expectations and will share your comments with our leadership team. If there is anything else you'd like to tell me, you can send me an email at [removed].

Homey feel; exceptional people; lovely location across the street from a park.

Mom Is Doing Fine

This is a community is caring for my mom and provide a safe place for her to live. Everything is fine for my mom. She is enjoying her meals that they provide to her.

I would recommend this community!!!

My loved one was only at Atria Park of Glen Ellyn for 10 days. While she was there the interaction with the staff was good. There were no complaints about the food. The community is clean and well taken care of. She did not participate in any of the activities offered.

Nice Tour

I toured this facility for my father. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the facility was the smell. There was a very bad smell of urine. Everything else looked nice and clean. The staff was nice and friendly. The residents appeared to be happy and very comfortable. The food looked nice, the residents likes the food. It was a little to enclosed for my father. It was a nice tour.

They Treat You Like Family

This community really treats you like family and I really enjoy that. Everything is going very well for my father, they are caring for him very well. The community is very well-kept and they keep the place very clean and nice. The staff is excellent, they are really good at what they do. There are nice activities offered. The meals are really nice, he enjoys the food. It is not a big community, but is it really great.

Knowledgeable Staff!

Things are going very well since moving my mother to Atria Park of Glen Ellyn. She is doing well there and really enjoys it. Everybody there is very helpful. The initial set up there was easy, which made it nice for the family. The staff was very knowledgeable and helped tremendously. They do a lot of activities and keep the residents involved and active, unlike a hospital would. The food is very good and my mom enjoys every meal.

very happy

We are very happy with Atria Park of Glen Ellyn so far. Things are going quite well here. The staff is very responsive to any needs that we have. I cannot find anything to complain about thus far.

This facility doesnt appear to offer an Independent Living option. It is our hope that our parents start our that way, knowing their needs will change over time.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience overall with Atria Park of Glen Ellyn. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they were a huge help throughout the whole process during a very stressful time for our family. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here. They're always easy to get in contact with and very accommodating towards any requests. Mom also really likes the food!

Very nice place, top notch activities!

Things have gone terrifically so far at Atria Park of Glen Ellyn, they're doing a wonderful job looking after my loved one! They've got a great activity schedule, which includes a sort of day program you can sign up for which runs from 9 until 3. My loved one has memory issues and is very anxious about her condition, and having all of these different ways to keep busy really keeps her from worrying, which I appreciate! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking into care in the area!

Seemed very nice

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Park seemed like a very nice place overall, and was high on our list of considerations! The people we met were friendly and helpful, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. Definitely worth a look!

They did a pretty good job.

My loved one was here for a while. Her stay here was helpful for her. She was starting to get out and about. There weren't any problems with how clean it was, or how friendly the staff is. She told me that she loved the desserts. They did a pretty good job.

fabulous experience!

My mom just moved in to Atria Park of Glen Ellyn about a month ago. At first she really did not want to go, but within two weeks she was really happy, and after a month there she was absolutely ecstatic! She is really engaged in and loving the activities.

And the staff is exceptional!

The only drawback is that the parking for people visiting is very minimal. That is relaly the only negative that I can find. It has really been a fabulous experience.

they try really hard

The staff at Atria Park of Glen Ellyn does really well with a very difficult job. There are, of course, a lot of elderly people staying there and many of them are not all there mentally. The environment can be very tough to work in, but I got to give them five stars for doing all that they do.

Very Pleas ed

Atria is a hidden gem in a wonderful location. The staff are genuine and very knowledgeable about their trade.

Best place for your loved ones.

Initial visit was excellent with the only negative was the parking. Everyone from the front desk to the director was exceptional. Beth Hertz was my main contact who guided me along the way. Always helpful and did a tremendous job of following up on all of the details - Beth is incredible. The very first full day at the Atria, my Mom was meeting new people and made her first xmas decoration. Change is not easy for an 87 year old person but the staff at the Atria seemingly has made it easy for her. I would highly recommend the Atria to anyone who wants the best for their loved ones and at a reasonable cost.

She Feels at Home

My Mother, Char has been living at the Atria in Glen Ellyn for almost a year and we couldn't be happier. She has worked hard to fit in and as a result, everyone loves her. I am most happy about the many activies. It seems like she is busy from the time she gets up until she goes to bed at night.
The staff is very friendly. They keep everything clean and updated and if we have any concerns, they are addressed in a timely maner. That having been said, I think the cost is very high but, is a reflection of the care my Mom is getting. How do you put a price on the peace of mind we get knowing she is well taken care of? My only complaint would be the nasty towels she is given. They need to be replaced as needed.
Thank you for making my Mom happy and comfy.

Nice and friendly, clean an...

Nice and friendly, clean and bright Structured very nice for the residents Good services

Happy So Far

My loved one has been living here for about two months, and we have been very happy with it so far. It is a smaller community, based on what else we saw. The food seems pretty good overall. It is very open and inviting, which we really liked. Definitely worth checking out.

Above and Beyond

Sunrise has really gone above and beyond to work with my loved one and make sure she is receiving the care that she needs, in all aspects! Sure, it was a bit of a rough and rocky start, but they have always called and worked with me to come up with the best care solution for my loved one while things worked themselves out. I had previously visited another Sunrise location and was impressed with that facility, so this was my top choice for my loved one. Jay Gardner, one of the directors, was constantly in touch with me and bent over backwards to make everything work smoothly, and it was not an easy situation, so he did great!

House Dog

This place was very nice but not as convenient for us as another Sunrise location. It didn't have as many restaurants and things around to go out and it's wasn't as new. They had a house dog - a rescue dog that belongs to everyone in the community.

Katy Miller

We are sorry that we did not end up being the right fit for you at our community. If you find we can be of service to your family in the future, please do not hesitate to email us at [removed]. We wish you the best!

Very nice and clean. The staff is fri...

Very nice and clean. The staff is frienly and attentive to their residents.

Located in a residential neighborhood only minutes from Wheaton, Atria Park of Glen Ellyn offers all the benefits of living in a vibrant, supportive community, with the discreet support of a care staff close at hand. Without the worries of chores and home maintenance, residents are free to pursue new interests and rediscover old ones. Meet neighbors for an invigorating activities class, share intelligent conversation over a freshly prepared lunch or join friends for a shopping excursion downtown.

For individuals with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Glen Ellyn offers Life Guidance — innovative memory care in a secure, structured environment.