Sunrise of Naperville North - Naperville, IL

We deliver memory care in a beautiful community setting, and as part of the Sunrise family, are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise of Naperville North, IL, affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living services, specializing in memory care. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the tailored help they may need at every stage of memory loss. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home that they previously enjoyed. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to engage in activities and outings, while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to memory care and senior living is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.

Really pleased

Mom is in memory care and the staff are very warm and welcoming. She likes the food and they do offer activities to help stimulate them. The memory care and assisted living residents do interact together. the staff do encourage them to socialize. The memory care unit is on the third floor. I think the staff understand Dementia and they are quick to respond. I am comfortable with her here as I know they are taking great care of her. I would recommend this community.

Very Beautiful Community

I'am doing very well since my move to this community. It is a very nice facility with kind people. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community, everything always looks great. They have a nice, friendly staff. I'am pleased with the meals, the food is good. It has been a good experience for me in this community, and I would recommend it.

Loved [Removed] the Memory Coordinator!! Our concern is that the residents are not as high functioning as our Mom.

Excellent Care for dad!

The care here at this nice community. My father likes the staff who are very passionate about what they do and are very respectful to others. The variety of meals is good and health. We like knowing that he is participating in the activities. He likes the small trips away from the community. We would recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one.

Cleanliness Could Had been Better

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went okay. The staff was very friendly, and nice. I did notice that the cleanliness of the community was a little dirty. The appearance of the community could had been better.

Helpful Staff !!

The staff that gave my loved one and I a great tour of there community. They where very helpful and knowledgeable about all of the details and packages they had to offer. The rooms where just not a private studio and felt more of a dorm then an apartment. Overall everything was fine it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Care for mom

This is an outstanding community. the staff is wonderful and caring. They have a lot of nice activities. We liked that this community has staff that was nice and answered our questions. We would recommend this community for the cleanliness. Families would like the care and the value

Outstanding Care

My sister toured this community. It is on the high end. The staff was very nice. They offer a variety of meals. And I know that this is an outstanding community and top of the top for care. The community is clean and beautiful. My parents would of like everything that this community has to offer. I recommend this to everyone who wants a wonderful place for there family member to feel at home.

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother has not had any complaints about the meals from the community. They seem to be healthy and the portions are good. The staff is wonderful they are attentive and communicate well. I would recommend this place to family and friends they offer good services and the staff is nice.

Sunrise of Naperville North has my recommendation!!!

Dad was only in assisted living for a short time before we had to move him to the memory care unit. The staff are great as they all know him and they are very accommodating. I have tried the food and it is great. They are very flexible about getting him what he likes. I would recommend this community.

Initial visit and move in

Our family member has been at Sunrise of Naperville on Chicago Avenue for two weeks now. She moved there following a hospital stay. We visited Sunrise on a Tuesday and worked with Chris, Director of Sales, who was able to assist us and facilitate move in that Saturday. When we arrived at Sunrise, we were greeted by the concierge and a friendly dog. Our loved one really likes dogs, so this was a big hit. There is a great team effort that makes this community very welcoming and comfortable. After just two weeks, we would definitely recommend this community.

Nice place, friendly people

Our experience with Sunrise of Naperville was a very good one, overall! It's a clean, well kept facility, and the people here are wonderful. They really made the move-in and transition a smooth process. As soon as my loved one walked in the door they were greeting him, asking him if he was hungry, and helping him settle in!

We really liked it

We really like the Sunrise of Naperville. It has been a positive experience. We really enjoyed the services there. The staff was wonderful. They were friendly and professional. The residents were welcoming and always seemed happy. The facility was clean. It has just been great. I did not have any issues or complaints about this community. It is excellent.

A Place For Dad - A Diamond in the Rough!

My family and I have had a rough couple of months - - we lost Mom in August to a stroke. My sister and I took turns with my Dad trying to help him overcome his grief. I had called A Place for Mom and received an abundance of information and support for our "new normal". Our search led us to Sunrise of Naperville North. My sister and I walked in and knew instantly - it would be Dad's new home. I can't stress enough what a relief my family and I have knowing Dad is in such a caring, loving, friendly and safe environment. They understood that Dad was still grieving and is not the most social - the care managers come down in person to invite him to lunch and have him interact with other community members. He's found out there are other folks in the same boat as him. My family has noticed a difference in Dad since he's moved in - a good one! We are realistic - it takes time - but we feel confident the folks at Sunrise Naperville North have Dad's best interest in mind. I would strongly suggest you give them a look if you are trying to find your parent(s) a friendly, safe, welcoming and warm environment to live. P.S. the food is awesome too!!! I read reviews before our visit - and it was the reviews I saw that sealed the deal for my family and I - I wish you and your family the best of luck!

The extra charges would have added up too quickly.

We considered Sunrise when we were looking for options. It would have been a little less expensive than the place we chose, initially. However they charged for extra care items, and in the last month or so my loved one has declined and by now we would be paying a lot more.

Not happy with caregiving at all

My experience started well enough in February 2013 but it has been a nightmare for the last 6 months or so. The building had bed bugs in May 2014 and they were in my husbands room. They did a treatment about 8 days later but at that point I had had it and wrote to the CEO about all the problems at Sunrise. Care givers aren't as trained for the decease and they don't know how to deal with the person. I moved my husband to a new facility on Wednesday the 25th of June.

The new place has people trained with Alzheimer's and I am happy with them. Also very clean and my husbands clean now.

Thank your staff for the encouragement. Give a shout to Dovid Grossman he was great and very helpful.

My husband didn't do activities. He just walked a lot.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were displeased with your experience at Sunrise and would like to learn more. We take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information at SunriseSeniorLiving dot com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

It's been very good so far.

It's been very good so far. I haven't really seen any need for improvement yet. I haven't had any complaints about the food. It is nicer than some of the other places we looked at. This was also in a good location for us.

Good care

Sunrise of Naperville North is a very friendly, clean and attentive home. When mom moved there she did not understand why she could not return to her own home after coming out of the hospital. The staff at sunrise was very good about this transition and helped the family understand how they could best support this change.

Services are customized to the need of your parent and you are charge accordingly. When your parent needs a lot of care this is not cheep. However, the home scales the services up and down as needed.

The staff knows everyone by name and the food is good.

Location caused flight risk concerns

This was okay, it was right across from a huge high school and also on a very busy thoroughfare and a real busy intersection and my mom likes to go out for walks and I opted against it mainly for that reason. It would have been pretty much the same as the other Sunrise in Naperville but what was going on, as far as the activities, i think it would have been better overall. For me, cause we were having problems at the time with my mom, we were trying to figure out how to get the car keys from her, and she's not a good driver to begin with so I said to myself, I'm thinking "flight risk" constantly with her.

Very Passive Care

They're very friendly, it's just that they don't follow through like I thought they were going to. I haven't been happy with them for about 3 weeks. The care is not what they promised it to be. When they have somebody who is younger and disabled it's a whole different thing. He's young so he's intimidating to the staff. I would say if you have someone who is older and compliant it would be okay but if you have someone who is not compliant, like my husband, they're just going to sit in their room and be overlooked. I end up cleaning him and taking his dirty clothes to be washed. I'm kind of aggravated with them right now.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hi Michele, we are sorry to hear that you are feeling aggravated with the level of care at the community. Our aim is to care for your loved ones in a way that brings peace of mind and we are interested in learning more about the issue. If you would, please email us at [removed] to share more details so we can follow up. Thank you! The Sunrise Team

Good Community

We chose Sunrise because we liked it and thought our loved one would like it as well. So far we are very pleased and our loved one likes it. The cleanliness of the community and the fact the people were outgoing really made it a good community.

The tour was fine. Pat and...

The tour was fine. Pat and I were not quite as comfortable here as at the one one Chicago Ave. The price was also more for a respite stay - $145 verses $124 a day.

I loved the staff, I am now...

I loved the staff, I am now torn over my decision. G is young and the residents at Sunrise our old, the same is true for Alden but they have less residents so it is less obvious. The staff at Sunrise are all amazing and the ones I felt could do the very best in caring for G. The price is perfect.

This place was very clean and invitin...

This place was very clean and inviting. The staff was friendly and attentive to there residents. I resident rooms were spacous and clean. The cost is slightly out of our range. The location was good for me but may not my convient for my siblings. Lets keep looking and maybe look at other of the Sunrise location. (Willowbrook, Glen Ellyn, Lombard)

Very helpful. Place seemed ok. Didn't...

Very helpful. Place seemed ok. Didn't have the 'feeling' I was hoping it did.. a bit higher priced.

also same as sunrise south friendly,...

also same as sunrise south friendly,nice,clean,again 2nd floor stairs, and fee memory care service better here.