Brighton Gardens of Wheaton - Wheaton, IL

It’s working out

My mom swore that she’s never reside in an assisted living facility but there she is and it’s working out. She truly enjoys many of the stafff members and most of the meals. Brighten gardens is a manageable size, not too big. Occasionally her favorite activity is cancelled for no apparent reasons which is disappointing. I also feel the activities are limited. However the activity director is incredibly friendly and caring and loved by all the residents. I recommend Brighton Gardens

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and everything went really well. The staff was nice and friendly. They answered all of my questions. It was clean and tidy. Looked wonderful and it was a little misleading to me. They quoted me one price and we scheduled to move my dad in and then 2 weeks away the added the price of the medicine and he started out with 6 after their review it went from 6 to 10 meds and 2,500 dollars more. So I had to go with other accommodations.

My brothers care and comfort

This is a good community for my brother to be in. The staff is caring and the community is clean. The menu is good and he likes the amany variety of the meals. He does stay active in some of the activities that are offered. We would recommend this nice and caring community for the good care and value that is available for a loved one.

Warm and cheerful staff.

Very warm and friendly atmosphere for an assisted living facility. Bright and cheerful décor with a nice sense of community. Love the activities planned for the residents such as Luau night, Paris night, Disco night. Also great daily activities that include meditation, exercise, current events, clipping coupons for those in need, bowling and religious services.

Care and comfort

We liked the tour from the nice staff. This is a very clean community that offers good healthy meals and a lot of nice activities are available. We liked the cleanliness and the nice environment. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Treating My Sister Well

My sister is pretty content since her move to this community. I do feel she is in good hands, and safe. The staff is taking good care of her, and treating her very well. She has not had any complaints with her move to this facility. The sales lady at this community was very professional, and helpful. They were able to accommodate us in a short time period. This is a community I would highly recommend, it is working out very well for us.

Very happy!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff are friendly and made sure to help with the transition as well as making sure that he is getting adjusted in her new apartment. She has been enjoying the meals as well as the other activities available to all of the other residents.

Mom is quite happy

The staff are friendly and respond to our questions quickly. Mom likes the food and some of the daily activities. This is a smaller community and they keep it well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Still together

Dad is doing well and Mom is slowly adjusting. We chose this location for several reasons and room size is definitely one of them! The staff is really easy to talk with and they answer all my questions. They have alot of activities and slowly but surely Mom is taking part in the ones she likes.
Mom does think's the food could be a little better but it's pretty good.
I would recommend this place.

All is Well So Far

All is going well for my mother since her move to this community. She safe, and I good hands. The have a great staff at this community. All is well so far, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Lovely location! Residents everywhere interacting & enjoying activities. Most significant is the passion of the employees for the residents of this community! All of them started in basic jobs & worked their way up, being there for 12-20 years.Another 1st choice facility that seems more like home.......got to sample a meal & speak with the chef.....looking forward to coming back!

Smiling faces!

Everything seems to be working out great for dad. We really like the community. Dad likes the food he just gets tired of the same thing all the time. The staff are friendly and attentive and that was a major thing for us.

My Father Is Doing Well Here, He Loves It

Everything is working out very well for my father in law here at this community. He loves it here, and has adjusted well to it. From the most part the community is well maintained. They have a very good staff here. There are activities offered for the residents. He is very pleased with the food, the meals are great. He enjoys his room, and we are pleased with his move here. He is in good hands and safe here. It has been a good experience and I would recommend this community.

Friendly Staff!

The staff that offered the tour of Brighton Gardens of Wheaton are very friendly and helpful. They took the time to address all of my questions and concerns. The community is very nice and well maintained. I have no complaints! We chose a different community because mom was going to require a higher level of care.

Nursing care was below average!

The community is beautiful and clean. Everyone is very friendly. The director of sales was very knowledgeable. The community has a great menu and variety of food choices available. The managing Nurse was not helpful and there was a lot of miscommunication. The nursing and care staff did not use their resources to care for my loved one making things difficult for my loved one and myself. There was a lack of training on how to work with certain care needs.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Nice place overall, but communication could use work

Overall our experience with Brighton Gardens of Wheaton has been a good one. It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the aide staff seems friendly and caring. They've also got a good activities program and seem to keep the residents active. My only complaint is that I think they could be more on top of things when it comes to communicating with families, it can be difficult to get in touch with the right person.

I thought it was a nice place.

I thought it was a nice place. The food was not very good. It was very mushy and way over cooked. It seemed like it would be good but as soon as you tasted it, you didn't want it. For two years we were under the impression that they supplied the pads, and we would bring it up because they were always out of them, I kept being told they would handle it. Nobody ever told us, it was up to us unless we were paid 6 dollars a day for the service, which would have been fine. I don't know why it took two years to tell us it was more expensive. They very much catered to the residence, so we didn't have to. It was very nice, and clean. There were always people in the lobby.

A good fit for us

We moved our mom into Brighton in December. She has initially started at a higher level of care and continues to improve. Mom is gaining strength, meeting new people and has had attentive and kind care givers.

The facility has been wonderful in contacting me with questions or concerns as needed and has offered many resources to our family as we all go through this life-changing journey.

We look forward to her continue to meet new people and to make all of Brighton her home and not just her apartment.

communication and consistency is lacking

At Brighton Gardens Of Wheaton the communication and consistency is lacking. They need to communicate to the family better in terms of problems going on. For example if plan A fails what do we need to do for a plan B. They are evaluating my dad this week and we will go from there. I would just like them to let me know if they are going to take several days to get back to me and that hasn't been happening. If I was to give this review weeks ago they would have gotten higher ratings. Right now I am just not that happy with the way things are going.

Nice place

Overall I thought they did a good job at Brighton Gardens. The staff here was friendly and professional, and they did a good job looking after my loved one.

nice place for a loved one

My mom has been a resident there for almost a year. She has mild dementia. They take very good care of her and she is always happy when we go to see her. We had lunch with her a few times, the food was very good. Her room is always clean and there is no smell in the place. It gives me peace of mind to know she is happy there and well taken care of.There is a sun room there and when the weather is nice we sit there, my mom enjoys that.When the weather gets warmer we will take her outside to sit, they have nice comfortable chairs.

I was very happy with them.

I was very happy with them. We were only there for a short stay, but I didn't have any concerns, or complaints, over how clean it was kept or how friendly the staff was. They did a great job.

Have spoken with facility, their specialty is more geared for memory care but still a possibility

It was nice, this was our choice, but there was no room.

When we first started interviewing them, the guy was wonderful. Once we had decided and called to tell him this was our choice, suddenly he wouldn't call us back, for almost a week. When he finally did it was to tell us he didn't have room and that we could stay at a different location of theirs. We liked this one it was bigger, and just seemed nicer. That was disappointing.

I was completely impressed with them.

When I first came and toured Brighton Gardens, and the many times I stopped by after that, I was completely impressed with them. Jay especially was amazing, wonderful, and so caring. He was really on top of things, he was outstanding. I did tell him from the very beginning that things might not work, I was very aware of her heath, and was concerned about the move. It turns out we weren't able to move her there, not even for five minutes. That being said, they still kept a lot of my money. Maybe as much as 4,000 dollars out of 6,500 or 6,700. Even under extenuating circumstances that they were well aware of, they weren't able to make an exception. The community hadn't even been able to evaluate her yet.

Nice facility. Not much roo...

Nice facility. Not much room for activities for dementia care. Very friendly staff. $4,950.

Pretty much the same as Sun...

Pretty much the same as Sunrise of Willowbrook. Under the impression they might be less expensive, but no cheaper units were available.

It seems to be going well so far.

It seems to be going well so far, we haven't been there that long yet. They just went through a renovation of the dining room, that was a little chaotic for a while. They have activities but they don't have much bingo. If they have it, it's not on the calendar. The food is very good. They do give them choices, so if they don't like what their having there are always 3 or 4 other choices they can have. It would be nice if they had more opportunity to bond with the other residents, it seems to be difficult to make friends. They seemed to be the most similar to the community she was in before, which is why we chose them. They don't take them to appointments though, and the other community did.

Brighten Gardens Review

I found staff very helpful in the circumstances of mother's placement. Although weather crisis caused some heating problems in her room, the staff has tried to make her adjustment a pleasant one.

Seemed Good

The price was about the same as the others I was considering for my mom. The place seemed to be good, clean, and friendly. Honestly, I just really liked another one better.

Dad didn't want to move in

It seems to be okay, it looks very clean, certainly where the residents live is fine, the back way wasn't as clean but no residents live there so that's okay. Everybody seems to be very friendly, we had a little issue dealing with their knowledge of how to deal with a very combative dementia patient. My father didn't want to be there and walked out and I don't think the person on the floor did a very good job trying to convince him to stay, but that's just my opinion. The memory care floor seems to be way more expensive but that's probably where he's headed. When he gets to that lock down floor, which he'll need at least in the beginning, it may break the bank.

Beautiful facility -- very clean and ...

Beautiful facility -- very clean and non-institutional. Semi-private rooms were attractive and larger. Great flexisbiliy and attention to residents -- no specific visting hours, small number of residents in the "Reminiscence" area (about 22). Residents have the same caregivers all the time. No medicaid, however. Rooms start at $98 per day, but medication monitoring and "Reminscence programming" or "Reminscence programming plus" programs are additional and depend on nursing staff's assessment of care needed. Cost of this ranges from $50 to over $100. Incontinence supplies are extra but may be provided by family, in which case no charge. Dementia patients are offered a choice at mealtime by staff bringing trays of each entree so that resident can actually see and make choice.

I really liked this place very sweet ...

I really liked this place very sweet with lots of extras liked the small size but big bathrooms and halls

Met with the director. Very pleasant....

Met with the director. Very pleasant. It is not new, but very well run and there is a joy in the place. I liked it and the fact that the memory unit is on the first floor is a plus.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. Two separate, secured Reminiscence Neighborhoods are available for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders. The key to our success in the Reminiscence Neighborhoods is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Reminiscence programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged, and support groups are available. A Respite Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care is also available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.