• Respite Care

The best thing he ever did for me

When my husband was sick, Sister Mary and Sister Barbara came to visit him. It was a snowy day and we sat and visited. When they got ready to leave, Sister Mary went outside in the snow, lay down in my driveway and made an angel. I took pictures, I still have. I laughed myself silly. Here was sister Mary, the head sister and she's making a snow angel! They are just so fun, they are people, they are happy, they love what they do and they make others feel happy. They were fabulous with me and Ken. I have to give my husband credit, he chose it (VSB) and he wanted me to have this knowing that he wouldn't be here that long. I swear, it's the best thing he ever did for me.

A really fine place for us to live

This is a really fine place for us to live. It's a Catholic-sponsored community that warmly welcomed us Presbyterians. Their core values appealed immediately to us: Hospitality (a warm friendly atmosphere), Respect (consideration and compassion), Stewardship (managing community resources wisely) and Justice (good will and dignity in all relationships). It's on an attractive, rolling site that was formerly prosperous farmland, and our house is on one end of our street, bordering some woods.

Villa St. Benedict is a CCRC located in Lisle, IL just minutes from Naperville and the surrounding western suburbs of Chicago. Our 47 acre, park like campus offers 56 independent, two bedroom villas and 140 independent apartments all constructed in 2004. Benedale Center for Assisted Living and Memory Care has been continually renovated since the sisters opened their doors to care for the elderly in 1987. Offering 70 studios and apartments with 4 levels of care. VSB is a not for profit in partnership with Benedictine Health Systems in Duluth, MN. Our core values of hospitality, respect, stewardship and justice stem from the mission of the Benedictine sisters through every member of our staff. It's here at VSB that you will feel a warm, friendly welcome each day. There are abundant opportunities to keep you busy and engaged. Enjoy chef inspired, freshly prepared meals * Exercise with graduate students from BU * Attend daily mass or rosary * Find time for a facial or manicure * Enjoy the stillness of our grotto. Grab a good book from the library * Take a course at BU * Attend happy hour with friends and so much more! VSB is about beginning anew. Living in a maintenance free community means more time to do the things you enjoy with family and friends.