Arden Courts of Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

I like the interior of the facility. It is designed like a promenade with window shutters, flower boxes, street lamps and a street cafe. There is a walkway all around the building and several courtyards allow the residents to “leave” the building, weather permitting. Our lived one moved in very recently and I cannot comment on his living experience yet. I also like that they have one set price that does not go up if the level of care increases. Hopefully the staff and activities will be as good as the well thought out interior of the place.

Staff treats my Mother with dignity

I ended up picking this facility because it was close to my home and it is a one story building. This community is not only the best for my Mother but also for me. The staff members go out of their way to treat every resident with dignity. Anytime something happens they communicate with me right away and the staff keeps a close eye on her. When I’m there, there is always a staff member available when I need them. So far, I have been very pleased. For activities they things like TV time, a beauty shop, singalongs, and crafts. This is as close to living at home that I could find and I would recommend them to other families.

Probably too far away. did send quote and will visit next week.
Arden Courts is an early memory care unit. My aunt is a two person transfer; which mean she doesn't walk to bathroom. Site is lovely and caring but doesn't fit our situation

The Arden team was professional and caring and did a wonderful job of making my wife’s last days as comfortable as possible. [Removed] [Removed] was excellent in providing information and following up on my questions. She and the staff did a fine job of caring for my wife. In the end it is hard to care for people in the last days but the staff are caring and wonderful to work with. Medical staff was average with follow up and keeping me updated with my wife’s needs. Overall [Removed] was great to work with.

What a Great Place!

Unique and caring memory care community. Resident oriented. Programs are very engaging. Residents engage themselves in the programs physically and mentally. What a great place!

Something for Everyone

Friendly staff. Lots of activities. There's something for everyone. Lots of outdoor space for residents to walk around and appreciate nature. Custom activities designed to meet the individual needs of your loved one. Everyone know your name.

One of the nicest aspects of Arden Courts is its size. This is a smaller dementia-only residence where residents have the opportunity to take part in regular activity programs or stroll through the residence at their leisure. This quieter and calmer environment seems to work well for individuals with all forms of dementia

A Great Memory Care Community For Your Loved One

This is a beautiful facility with well trained staff who are dedicated to the many residents who live here. There are many structured activities that serve to mentally stimulate the residents and encourage socialization which is so important in order to enhance one's quality of life.
[Removed]
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Dementia Clinician

The Perfect Place for Memory Care

I provide PT services for the resident @ Arden Courts. The staff is attentive to residents providing care and companionship. The front office staff is happy and helpful to everyone that comes in the door. A variety of activities are provided for the residents each day. The activity staff is full of energy and compassion and are always reaching out to new residents to join in the fun.

rarden report

wonderful facility for those who need help daily. staff verty helpful and courteous.

A loving respectful environment for residents at arden.

we have had our loved one for a year and a half at arden. Over that time we've gotten to know the staff quite well. They are always courteous and responsive. Most importantly, there is a loving attitude with the residents, even when times get tough ( which can be a daily occurrence). What's also evident, is that a respectful decorum is upheld with residents who are challenged in ways that are truly difficult and uncomfortable, and at times embarrassing.

Arden Courts is a Great Place! I Recommend it!

I come to Arden every Thursday with my client to volunteer. She enjoy coming and look forward to come every week. The staff here at the community make us feel welcome. The residents seem very happy and the staff do care for their residents. They check on them often to make sure that they are safe and engaged in some activities. I love this place and will recommend it to anyone as a place of caring for their love ones.

5 Star Review

I was pleasantly surprised that [Removed] opened the door for me as I brought in equipment. Staff was friendly and helpful. I've been coming here for 5 years. Always a 5 Star place.

Friendly Atmosphere

Arden Courts, for me, is a place with a very friendly atmosphere. All nurses are always focused on the needs of the residents. Caregivers are also very attentive, especially when it comes to the safety of the residents.

Great place

Arden Courts has made all of the difference with my Mom The care is tremendous and I could not imagine her staying any place else. The activites are tailored for people with memory loss. Especially like the Executive Director Very caring and understanding.

Mom s Care

My mom has been here for 7 months and this is a very qualified memory care facility. All care takers are very professional and take good care of my mom.

God bless you all

thank you so much for taking care of my uncle. it is so nice to not have to worry about him. he is very well taken care of! God bless you all.

Promises that don't pan out

The Executive Director will promise that they can take the most complex patient and turn their symptoms around. This is not true. My relative was not sleeping at all in a bed during the night. That hasn't changed. Has declined since he got there, and can no longer walk much. There are only 2 caregiver's per 16 patients, unless someone calls off. The other night there were 2 caregivers for 60+ patients. The communication between staff doesn't exist. (we had to tell the nursing staff not to crush medication that was a time release medication, something nurses should know). Whenever a new MD order came in, the caregivers (who are not nurses) weren't aware, nor the nurses. The caregiver my relative has, doesn't engage any conversations with the patients, nor even smile. It's the visitors that talk with the patients. My relative has fallen 13 times since being admitted there, with multiple lacerations, bruising, swollen extremities and hospitalizations. Their solution to us is to hire a 24hour caregiver from a home service to stay with the patient all the time. Well, after paying $6,500 a month plus medications and supplies to stay at Arden, who has money for a caregiver from an agency, which cost $20-25/hour in addition.. (The home is not covered by medicare, nor outside caregiver agencies,), it's all out of pocket. The 2 caregivers are supposed to do everything for the patient, but they don't have time, as they also have to do all the laundry and wash the dining room floor and do the dishes. The caregivers complain of the lack of help and lack of raises. They are to check the patients every hour when the resident is inside and every 15minutes when they are outside. This does not occur. They will tell you is absolutely does, but it doesn't. It takes 2 caregivers to give each patient a shower, so during that time, which is longer than 15minutes, the other residents are by themselves. The nurses are unlike hospital nurses. There is no urgency in care here. They take a residents blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate and weigh the patient only once a month. So it is not a daily visit, other than giving them their medications. The family has to point out all the new symptoms, pain, that they should call the MD, what medications they should give them. Initial meeting with the Executive Director make everything sound wonderful. You fill out forms so they can know what is best for your family member and to personalize. But no one knows or looks at this, or follows it to form a plan of care. No one seems to know! Our family even had another family meeting to go over all our complaints and issues, and we were told 'they would handle it', and 1 month later, things still weren't done, and they forgot we had told them. The concept of the memory care being free roaming for the residents and the layout is great, except for the tile floor in the Bistro (too hard for falling patients). They know how to redirect patients while keeping them calm and not elevating they to combativeness. Also, once a resident becomes a 2 person assist on a regular basis, they can no longer stay at Arden. We will be moving my relative out.

The exterior looks like a large Victorian home. There is an exterior porch w/rocking chairs AND an interior area w/the same so that during the frigid day we visited residents could still enjoy the view in a rocking chair. Warm & cozy environment. Food service is a little limited although the Onion soup was very tasty.

Above and Beyond!!

Arden Courts of Glen Ellyn is a good community. They have great attentive staff that are ready to help. Activities and meal plans are available to the residents. I like that the community is up-kept and fairly organized. Most important my loved one is in a safe place.

Respite Care

Arden Courts really came through for us when we had to put our Mother in Respite care due to the sudden illness of her full time caregiver. They made the whole experience so easy and timely.
They worked with us throughout her stay to make sure she was happy and content.
Our family can't say enough about the kind and caring treatment our Mother received while she was with them.

It's a beautiful place, and they are very attentive and kind.

It's a beautiful place, and they are very attentive and kind. They are fine, though I don't think any of the places really has enough staff, they could all use more. I like that they can roam free and come and go as they like. They are great at redirecting, and preventing people from getting combative. The food is really good too.

Not the right fit for us!

Arden Courts of Glen Ellyn is a very cute place. I really liked the layout of the community. The staff were friendly and addressed all of my concerns about respite care. This community would be best suited for higher levels of memory care. The community could do a better job with managing odors.

Lovely Community

I really liked this community and everything they have to offered. My father was doing very well until he got sick. I'am hoping he gets better so he can return. This is truly a lovely community. I choose this community for its memory care. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. They were very responsive when he needed some help. They were very good at encouraging him to participate in the activities. The food was great, he really liked the meals. The communication with the staff was great. I would highly recommend it.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

I had some time to visit my friend Ron [removed] at this facility and found it to be pleasant and inviting. The staff members were available, helpful, and pleasant to talk to. I appreciated their assistance in helping me find Ron as he did walk a lot. The facility was clean and comfortable and remained that way. I had the chance to make several visits before Ron moved out of state to be closer to his brother. The care was consistent and much appreciated. Thank you!

Very nice place for your loved one

Alden Courts is a great place. They take great care of there residents and staff.

5 STAR SERVICE

Excellent care by attentive staff.

We are very happy with Arden Courts

My mom is well cared for at Arden Courts. My dad and the rest of our family is at ease knowing that she is in a loving and nurturing environment with staff that is trained for her disease.

A wonderful and timely find.

When I received a call informing me that I would have to quickly move my wife from the facility where she was staying (due to containment issues), I almost panicked. A chance request to "A Place for Mom" put me in touch with Linda at Arden Courts in Glen Ellyn. Linda reassured me they could accommodate my wife and do it very quickly. Within a few days, my wife was accepted at Arden Courts.

From the time I entered the facility, I knew that it was very well maintained. And, after meeting Linda and the staff, I knew my wife would be treated well. Although my wife only stayed for a short time while our house was made safe for her, we were treated like long term residents.

I have recommended Arden Courts, Glen Ellyn, to several acquaintances and will continue to do so.

Would Recommend To Anyone!

Love it . Would recommend it to anyone especially family members. They take great care of their residents and treat them with the utmost respect.

Review of Arden Courts of Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn - IL

My brother lived at Arden Courts for 2 months. He has Dementia associated to late stage Parkinson's disease, and had been living by himself in his home with some outside home care and nursing support. The move to Arden Courts followed a brief hospital stay and was not planned. Arden Courts is a very nice facility. The entire staff are friendly, very helpful, and really seem to care about the residents. The design of Arden Courts is a big plus. It is arranged as four "houses" that are joined by a central common area. It has a very "homey" feeling that I think made my brother's transition easier. The rooms appear to be a nice size for a facility of this type, not too big and not too small. The day is filled with activities. However if a resident doesn't want to participate, they do not have to. The food is good, and meals are served in each of the houses, reinforcing the "homey" atmosphere. My brother did very well at Arden Courts. We would have left him there but we live out of the area. As a result, we elected to move him to our home city. We are just hoping that the facility we moved him to is as good as Arden Courts.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

Our mother has been at Arden Courts for several months now. We have had no complaints about this place. She is always clean, dry, hydrated, and engaged. The staff is very knowledgeable of her needs. We are so pleased with the care she receives as we know we couldn't do any better.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

Staff is very friendly and place is very clean. I'm a member of the American Legion auxiliary and a few of us visit with the residents and veterans approximately every two months. We sing songs, visit with everyone and enjoy a nice snack provided by Arden Courts. Our visits are usually around a patriotic holiday.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

2 ½ years ago I reluctantly agreed to relieve myself of caregiving and place my wife in a home where she could get some good care as well as have some quality of life. I was reluctant, as my past experience was not good, but I found my health was deteriorating and it became more than I could handle. In searching, Arden Courts was recommended and several times we toured, finding it to be more personal, warm, and friendly than anticipated. In October of 2014 my wife entered Arden. The residents, staff, and visitors have become a part of my extended family as I look forward to many visits to see her. Thank you Arden Courts.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

Having a parent with dementia is uncharted territory for us. The staff at Arden is so professional. They know what the journey looks like and they know how to educate us. Anytime, any questions, any request-they are so wonderfully helpful!! We feel blessed by them.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

The personnel at Arden Courts are very attentive to all details of our loved one's care throughout the days. From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed at night, the care she gets is the best possible at Arden Courts. The staff is very caring and pleasant to be around when you come to visit.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

People at Arden Courts are very nice and caring people. The staff takes very good care of my mom's needs. My mom enjoys the activities here. My mom is very happy she loves all the people. I feel she is in very good hands so I don't have to worry.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

I am a volunteer at Arden Courts, Glen Ellyn. I have been a visitor for almost two years and think AC is a wonderful place. The caregivers have the biggest hearts and you can tell how much they care for their residents.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

Staff is attentive and caring. They have really helped us to understand how to relate to someone with memory care issues.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

My brother in law received wonderful care at Arden Courts. Everyone was warm and friendly and made him feel very comfortable there. The staff showed sincere interest in making sure he was clean, fed, and taking his medication at the right time. Many activities were provided each day to keep his mind alert and the day fun. We all loved the arrangements of rooms for residents. An excellent facility! Fish and birds were a great attraction too.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

My wife and I always enjoy our visit here. The environment is very clean and safe and the people are always nice and helpful.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

The staff is so caring and wonderful. Every time I visit my mom someone on staff was always stopping in to say hello and tell me how she was doing. I felt comfortable knowing she was in good hands. Linda, the business development specialist is extremely professional and has a sympathetic ear. She's a God send.

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, IL

We always enjoy our visit here at Arden Courts. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. Our sister is very happy here and has made many friends. This is a very clean place and we know she is safe here. Wonderful staff!

Review of Arden Courts Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, Il

My company has worked with this community for over a year and we have found them to be truly wonderful people. The staff are polite and attentive to the needs of the residents and their families. They maintain a clean facility. They offer many different types of activities in order to involve everyone regardless of the level that they are on. Overall, my experience has been pleasant and I would definitely refer them to others.

Arden Courts is a wonderful facility.

Arden Courts is wonderful Memory Care facility. We moved both of my parents into this facility when it became clear that it was no longer safe for them to live alone. One of the reasons that we chose Arden Courts is because it allowed us to keep my parents together. The facility is designed like small communities which is great for my Mother who has limited mobility. During the nice weather, residents also have safe access to the outdoors which was important to my Father. We lost Dad recently. The caregivers at Arden Courts were so caring and compassionate with my Mother. The Caregivers are just the best. The food is wonderful. Any concerns that we have are dealt with quickly. My siblings and I are at peace with decision to remove my parents from their home.

I know I made the right decision

I often visit my loved one at Arden Courts. I am always welcomed graciously by the front staff and I always feel comfortable when making my visits. The caregivers are amazing and it shows that they really care about the residents. I have never left there feeling guilty or that I should have decided on something else for my loved one. I know she is getting the best care possible.

It feels like home...

This is a great community with a New England feel. Its design was very intentional with indoor/outdoor walking space and court yard. A beautiful and homey place for anyone in need of specialized memory care for their loved ones. The staff is very helpful and and go out of their way to care for their residents. This is a great location and worth checking out.

Arden Geln Ellyn

Great small place for dementia patients. But not enough attentive staff for the patients.b we understand there is a high turnover rate for this type of care but a bit more attention is Needed. House caregivers are great - no bad comments on them for the most part. But new staff isn't well trained. Evening care need more attention.

Cost co tinually decreasing without consistent are. Getting too expensive - do not get what you pay for! You must be present continually, especially in the evening, if you care about your loved ones. Medication dispensement and care by attendents is dependent on your presence. Cost keeps rising and service not commensurate. Great activity personel . A few great care givers but not be enough to provide proper care. Caregivers great but need help. Management issue not caregivers, Great underpaid caregivers!

Great In Helping With Transition

They have just been great with the transition; getting my mom in there, she was madder than a hack and they are just professionals and knew what to expect and gave us coaching on it and I think it's going to be fine.

Review of Arden Courts - Glen Ellyn in Glen Ellyn, IL

It was such a great place for my mom. She was cared for lovingly, stimulated cognitively and never asked to leave. We ran out of money to stay and went to Medicaid at a nursing home. She has been at the nursing home 5 years and I can see the difference in her care. I attended the Arden Support Group monthly and the educational seminars with Patti Jerkovich. Patti is the most pleasant, knowledgeable person I have met on my 17 year journey with dementia. Linda's activiites were engaging and stimulating and fun for mom.

All-Encompassing Dedication

I have seen firsthand the compassionate care provided to the residents by the many dedicated staff members. The compassion and respect they extend is evidenced in their relationships with the residents.
I have a new found appreciation for not just the day to day work, but also for the work that goes on behind the scenes, that makes the day to day possible!

Patricia Terkovich

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the many people who make successful, positive days happen for each of our residents. As a professional in the healthcare industry, you have a rare opportunity to see the "behind the scenes" in a number of environments. We are honored that you thought to share your special perspective with others to help them make the right choice for their loved one. Thank you for your kind, thoughtful words.

Second time around, this was our first and only choice...

This is the second time our family has utilized this facility. Our choice was simple this time...it was our first and only choice. They are one of a limited choice for memory care patients in the area. Most are just a wing in another facility. Arden Courts is completely designed for and staffed to care for people experiencing memory deficits. They focus on quality of life and sustaining the independence of their residents by addressing their individual personal, physical, psychological, medical, and spiritual needs. Unlike some facilities that may be over populated, or understaffed, Arden courts has more than an adequate number of well trained, compassionate and caring staff to tend to the needs of their residents. Communication with family is excellent. Residents and their family members are treated as part of the Arden Court family. The facility is bright, clean, well maintained and by design of four separate "homes" with amply sized individual rooms, and community dining, provides residents with an at home feeling with room to "roam" safely within and around the secure facility. This is the only place we found with secure walking paths and gardens. Residents can "roam" the grounds "independently" at their leisure, within sight of staff, allowing them to experience freedom while they are able. Activities are well planned, something for everyone. Residents are encouraged but not forced to participate. There are family events scheduled throughout the year as well. Resident menus offer a wide variety of items with a daily offering and an alternate choice. All in all, we have been super satisfied with our association with Arden Courts. The facility is more moderately priced in comparison to nursing facility memory care units. Well worth a visit if you need to make the difficult decision of placing your loved one in someone else's care due to memory impairment. Helpful staff readily answers questions and puts your mind and heart at ease.

Arden Courts was definitely...

Arden Courts was definitely a nice place for those with serious dementia issues. Looking for a facility with more lively residents.

Patricia Terkovich

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations from having toured Arden Courts. You are correct, we are specifically designed for people solely with memory impairing diseases. We hope you were able to find a community to meet the general needs of your loved one. Best wishes to you and your family.

Welcome to Arden Courts -Glen Ellyn an assisted living center especially designed for residents with Alzheimer's disease or related memory impairments. Our campus comprises four ''houses'' surrounding a central community area that includes a beauty/barber shop and program area. Each house has 16 private bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, full bath with shower room, and laundry. Our caring staff is committed to maintaining residents' dignity and providing comfort and a sense of belonging in a safe, secure environment. Enclosed, secured courtyards offer residents the independence to enjoy the outside with a feeling of safety.