Sunrise of Naperville - Naperville, IL

Wonderful

Sunrise is a warm and welcoming place from the moment you walk in the building and are greeted by [Removed] or one of the other friendly and helpful receptionists. The rooms are cheerful and the care top notch. It is the little touches that make this so special. Mom was welcomed from the moment we arrived with a welcome sign and a lovely plant and staff coming by to greet her and introduce her to others. They made her feel special, like they were waiting for her to arrive.

My Mom lived at Sunrise the last few months of her life. It was hard to have her move out of our home, but Sunrise couldn't have been more wonderful to her. It offered her a nice social life, my Mom was always the life of the party! She enjoyed her friends and finally engaged in a sport, Balloon Volleyball (I think the first sport activity she ever did as an adult). She claimed her team were the champions.....

My Mom loved to eat out in restaurants and the dining room was run like a restaurant with a multitude of items to order. The food is good and they were accommodating with special requests.

The staff is amazingly kind and truly seem to care about the residents. [Removed] are the main administrators and they lead a wonderful staff who took great care of my Mom. I would love to name them all but it is about 80 wonderful people!

Pushy salesman and depressing surroundings

I toured this community when looking for a place for my mother to go and the sales person really turned me off from wanting to move further with them. I was concerned about my mother and how bad her memory was and the sales lady just kept talking about having to have her evaluated, at a place that was 400 miles away. The way she presented it didn’t sit well with me. The facility itself was clean and neat but it seemed like all of the people were unhappy, comatose, and sitting around in their wheelchairs around the front door. It was just depressing.

[Removed] showed us both Naperville locations of Sunrise - she was superb! While we really liked both of them, the room set ups were not what my parents are looking for. They really want a living room, and they did not offer that in any of their floor plans.

My visit

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. This community seems to offer some nice amenities and activities. The people I met were friendly. The community we chose just seemed to fit my loved one better.

Perfect place for mom!

The care that my mom is receiving is wonderful! Though she doesn't eat much, the meals are great and the tables are set so nice! The staff really go to nth degree to try to please you. My only concern is the fact that the facility could be more budget friendly, but overall, this is the perfect place for my mom!

We enjoyed this property as well, however, our concern is that the residents are not as high functioning as our Mom.

Good people!

I did get to take a tour of this community and it was nice. The people were very nice and knowledgeable. The community was clean and looked nice to me. I just did not think that this was the right place for me.

New Place!

I took a tour of Sunrise of Naperville. It was a fairly new community. The tour guide was nice and attentive with me. The guide gave me the necessary information regarding what the community offers. The meal plans and their available activities. I thought it was an up-kept place and very organized.

5 Stars All The Way!!

One of the most important things is knowing that my loved one is in a safe place and Sunrise of Naperville is definitely that safe place. My loved one is happy with the care and attention the staff are providing. Activities are good my loved one has no complaints about them or the meals. The transitioning to this place has been good overall.

Get them a Room!

I took a tour of this community and must say what stood out to me was the individual attention that they showed the residents. They answered all questions that I had. The only thing that I would change is that when I first walked in the residents that needed assistance with feeding were right at the front entrance. I feel that they could have had a dining area for those residents as well. It makes the residents that can do for themselves uneasy.

I Stopped By This Community

I went to visit this community for my mom and it looked good but seemed like an older facility. Overall it was a nice place and my tour went very good. I was able to see what they have to offer. My guide was knowledgeable and knew a lot about the community.

Happy

Sunrise has been a life changing upgrade for Mom. Now we are convinced and confident that she is well taken care of in a clean, HAPPY, efficient manner. Thanks to A Place For Mom for guiding us there.

Pretty good

My father-in-law is doing fine at Sunrise of Naperville. There have been some rough spots, but that would happen anywhere. Overall things are going pretty good.

It's been wonderful.

It's been wonderful. It's been great. He is totally happy there. Everything we experienced was wonderful. We knew they had a good reputation, and it was in an ideal location. It's been a good experience.

The time that she was there, was absolutely awesome.

Sunrise was wonderful. The time that she was there, was absolutely awesome. It was perfect. She was doing much better, and she enjoyed. The people were nice, and she was just in the lap of luxury.

Mom & Sunrise of Naperville

The staff and administration at Sunrise of Naperville have been very supportive and have helped us to get my mother into the best plan available for her with the least restrictions. The care managers are very understanding and always pleasant. Although my mom is having a difficult adjustment period the staff and care managers are always very encouraging and help to ease her anxiousness. The difficulty mom is having has nothing to do with the environment at Sunrise but her wishes to be independent and in her own home at the age of 99 - things that are impossible. Her general health is fine but her emotional health is problematic. Yet the personnel at Sunrise continue to work with her to get her engaged and give her much needed attention. Although she is not "happy", she has high praise for the care she is receiving - she always says how nice the "girls" are to her and that they treat her so well. I don't think she will ever be "happy" but I know she is safe, warm, and well taken care of 24 hours a day. All the care managers are available to speak to me and to reassure me about how mom is doing - even though I call every night!

I really liked it!

The Sunrise of Naperville would be one of the top communities I would place my mom in out of the other two that I visited. Their memory care is much smaller which is what my mom needs and I really like that. They have multiple levels of care which is good. The staff has a lot more direct contact with their patients. I liked how nice the staff was. The place was a lot cleaner, and it feels more homey and not like an institution.

Nice people, but there was a smell...

This is one of the places I toured when I was looking. We didn't choose it because it had a smell that was off-putting. The people were nice, but the smell was a deal breaker.

It was a very nice place, my mother in law liked it.

It was a very nice place, my mother in law liked it. But for respite there is a thirty day minimum. The staff were all very good, they were very outgoing. There were a few things that they made sound better than it actually was. The rooms were smaller than at a different Sunrise location, and we had to have a shared room here. We let them know T.V. was important for her, and they didn't have a T.V. in the room when we got there, and it took five days to get one. Anything she needed they were right there for her, and she really liked the staff, they were very attentive. They had plenty of activities. They let residents have dogs, and they let the dogs go everywhere in the community. When we were having an allergy problem they said she would just have to stick to her room. That was an interesting approach.

It's a wonderful place, it's like living in a hotel resort.

It's a wonderful place, it's like living in a hotel resort. It's clean and the staff is friendly, they are very attentive. It's not like a nursing home at all. We are pleased with them. It was a big transition but things are going well.

Everyone was so so nice!

He was very comfortable. What we could tell it was a better place…

They were a little slow in reacting to his buzzer.

It’s a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Everyone was so so nice! Always greeted nicely. Responded to calls quickly. He was very happy to be there.

I really liked it

It was a little bit older and cozier than the one we chose. Everybody was super friendly. They had a resident dog. I really liked it. They seemed to have a more attendents and the same ones all the time.

Would like some follow-up

I think there is more they could be doing with activities and there appears to be some problems with transportation. I think there's more things they could do in the area but they have a bus and everything but I don't know if they have a driver on the weekends. The big thing for our family is that my mom is Catholic and probably the only thing she did socially up to this point is go to Mass and there is a church hald a mile away but they don't provide any transportation to get there. They have someone come in just for Communion and I know they have other people come in for other denominations but when I asked about Mass they kind of hedged around that. I do think she's in a safer place because there are people all around but there's a lot of times when my mom is outside and there's a park next door so she'll go out for walks but I'm really wondering if they're monitoring what she's doing. I know they ask and make sure she gets to meals but as far as other activities... I think part of it is lack of interest on her part. The only thing I'm going to say, no care giver, or say for instance the marketer or the person who got her in, none of them have really approached us afterwards to see, like everybody knows her, but nobody's asking how she is doing.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback and concerns seriously and encourage you to write our information inbox so we can learn more and look into this further. Please email [removed]. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Very nice facility. Open atmosphere....

Very nice facility. Open atmosphere. Quiet, not a lot of action. Rooms were small and 'kitchen' was tiny. Outside space looked good. plenty of walking paths and close to neighborhoods. Her reaction was positive though. Liked the fact that she could try it out for a month or so to see if she liked it.

Visited with the director tonight. A...

Visited with the director tonight. Absolutely lovely place and the people were incredible. Love this facility!

Friendly nice,clean did not care for ...

Friendly nice,clean did not care for stairs on 2nd floor and fee