Brandywine Living at Fenwick Island - Selbyville, DE

Brandywine Living at Fenwick Island - Selbyville, DE has yet not published prices.

Very high ratings in most categories but not enough contact from staff if there are problems.

Oasis by the Beach

My grandmother has been at Brandywine-Fenwick for over 15 months. She has been extremely well cared for and I have had terrify open communication with everyone. The facility feels like an upscale hotel, yet welcoming and warm. I feel so fortunate that we found such a wonderful place for my grandmother to live. There isn't a thing that I would complain about - nursing, aids, dining, cleaning, maintenance, administration - all superior. Honestly, we are truly blessed to have found Brandywine-Fenwick.

My experience with Brandywine at Fenwick Island

I moved my Mother into Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island in Delaware in April of 2014. The staff has been very responsive when I call, they call me with updates (as I don't live nearby) and they send me photos!
The memory unit is very patient and caring and I especially like all the activities they provide. One of my favorites is the Friday afternoon Happy Hour which usually has live music.

Another favorite event is the monthly Signature program called "Family Day Connection." This gives you the opportunity to meet family members of the other residents. It helps build friendships and connections.

I can't wait to move to Delaware to be closer and more involved with the facility!

No more worries

My brother and I brought my parents to Brandywine Senior Living/Fenwick Island in November 2013, from their home in Florida. Dad is near 90 and was very weak, both from a long trip moving here and his congestive heart disease. Mom was suffering from dementia. We were met at the door to Brandywine by medical and management staff after their normal hours. We could not have received a warmer welcome from family. It seemed as though everyone on staff knew each of us personally. The medical staff paid immediate attention to their specific needs and arranged for the proper therapy for them. When Mom passed away in March 2014, the staff was extremely supportive of all of us, especially my Dad.
Dad has blossomed under their care, physically and mentally. At home, his hobby was woodworking. Recently, the staff at Brandywine started a cooperative woodworking project where men who have interests like my Dad build small wooden projects, using power tools, which are then finished by other residents who enjoy painting and decorating. Dad was so happy after his first day of this project that he sounded like a kid at Christmas when he told me that ”they moved a woodshop in and I’m covered with sawdust again!”
The attention to detail at Brandywine is amazing. I truly feel as though I am among friends whenever I’m there visiting. My brother and I no longer worry about Dad. We know that he is well cared for, well fed and happy.

Reflections at Brandywine Fenwick is terrific

Our Mom has been at Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island in the Reflections program (Memory Care unit) for 3 years. She is thriving there. Her Alzheimer’s deterioration has slowed with the active yet structured environment, daily exercise (Fun, Fit and Fabulous) and healthy meals. The caregivers are kind and attentive; yet do not do things for the residents that they can do for themselves.
Brandywine has programs for the residents that are fun and family focused, such as the monthly Family Day Connections. This is a monthly “theme based” party for the residents and their families to enjoy shared experiences. Brandywine serves special treats and has live music for everyone to enjoy either by singing along, dancing or just listening.
We feel so fortunate and blessed to have our Mom at Brandywine. We no longer worry about her safety, well-being or whether she is being mentally stimulated. We know she is!

Brandywine Memorycare

My 99 year old mother in law has been a resident for over a year and we have been so pleased with her care. She is very contented and we love the way she goes to activities, the hair dresser, exercise class, happy hour, and craft classes. We are invited for a monthly family day with themed live music, entertainment and lunch. It is so nice to see her interact with the other residents, and we like meeting the employees, caregivers, and other families. We are very happy with Brandywine especially the memory care floor.

Definitely highly recommend this community!

I definitely recommend Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the residents are a pleasure to be with. The food is very good and there is always something exciting to do! I am very happy to be live in this pleasant, well-kept community.

I highly recommend Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island!

This absolutely stunning facility offers high quality services and many accommodations that you just cannot find at any other facility. My husband and I researched many places prior to coming to Brandywine Senior Living at Fenwick Island and found that none compared to the services offered here. The activities are exciting and engaging and the staff are most helpful. I truly feel like I am at home at Brandywine.

Impressive

In need of assisted living for my father in law, my wife and I were referred to Brandywine Assisted Living. On visiting Brandywine we were stuck by the elegance and warmth of the facility. You really have to see it to believe it. Brandywine has the feel of a high end apartment building. Most anyone would feel comfortable as soon as they walked in the door. I certainly did.

The administrative staff went to great lengths to understand my father in law’s financial situation and medical needs. They presented a residency plan that was easy to understand and addressed all of his medical and physical needs. They also helped formulate a financial plan that ensured that his resources would provide for his care for the rest of his life.

The resident care staff are friendly and knowledgeable. They genuinely care about the residents and their interactions with them are those you would expect from good friends. On the day my father in law moved in to Brandywine, every member of the staff he encountered addressed him by name. We later learned that the staff had been briefed on who my father in law was as well as some particular issues and concerns dealing with his personal safety.

Clean, comfortable, safe, friendly, great staff, lots of activities…In Brandywine we found what we were looking for. My father in law is comfortable and happy and we know that he is safe and well cared for. Our entire experience with Brandywine has been, in a word, Impressive.

It was big, beautiful and immaculate....

It was big, beautiful and immaculate. When we went there, we toured and every thing was lovely, but it was a little pricey. We went up to their life guidence section. Going through I saw two young girls who work there chatting and a resident was trying to change channels on the t.v. and she was not paid attention to. To me that was not acceptable.

A Place For Mom/Brandywine at Fenwick Island

My Family and I could never have done this without the help of Annie at A Place For Mom. Her kindness and support every step of the way brought us to Brandywine. We know she could not be in better hands. They are wonderful, kind and gentle. I know they care about my Mom. I am forever grateful for all the support and guidance. These are both very special organizations with very special people.

None Better

We couldn't have been happier with Brandwine for the care they gave my father while he was there. The staff was so helpful not only for him ,but for the family. Within a weeks time, they knew us all by name. Even the chefs in the dining room came out personally to great us and talk about his likes and dislikes. We didn't see a staff member that wasn't cheerful and willing to help. If we had a question, it was answered within that day. The whole environment there was that of a 4 star hotel. Beautiful grounds and patios to sit and rock in the fresh air. Gorgeous interiors with a winding staircase and living room atmosphere. We know now that if we need a place for mom, that's the number one choice.

nice room layout but to exp...

nice room layout but to expensive

Seriously considering.

Seriously considering.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Fenwick Island is located in Selbyville, Sussex County, Delaware, less than 10 minutes from the beaches at Fenwick Island State Park, Bethany Beach, and Ocean City, Maryland.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
One of the many beautiful features of Fenwick is its indoor Oasis Pool where you can enjoy the “Just Add Water” program taught by our certified fitness instructor, or just drop in at the monthly Luau Pool Party. In fact, Fenwick offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Fenwick, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.