Lakeside Assisted Living At Mallard Landing - Salisbury, MD

Do not purchase a home in Mallard Landing

I would not recommend anyone to purchase a home in Mallard Landing. They do not know what they are doing. They overcharged my mother on her fees. To date they owe us $1600.00. I have been trying to get this money for months. You call the office and evertime I call you can never speak to anyone. They are always in a meeting. They never return your calls. It is very sad how they treat their residents. I have spoken to multiple people they owe money to and our still waiting to receive it. This is a word of warning.

Lakeside at Mallord Lamding is a very nice community. The facility is welcoming and comfortable. There is a variety of options for all levels of needs. The staff was helpful and accomadating. There are many activities available.

Terrible

I had a family member here on the memory unit side. We live long distance and aren't able to be there often, but we had trust in this place to make sure the proper care was given, what a mistake. I would like to say how unprofessional this place is. Not only did they fail to communicate to the family when a change in condition occurred to our loved one, but the only time we DID hear from anyone was when they didn't receive payment for the month due when it was their fault for having a change in staffing causing our family to not receive monthly statements. Apparently that is the only thing this place is concerned about, getting paid. They waited several weeks to let us know that our loved one had lost 30+ pounds and was not eating, the immediate phone call to us was "we are seeking hospice treatment" As many may know that is a end of life treatment to make someone comfortable and pass peacefully... well no other update was given prior to that so of course we were taken VERY off guard!!! Our family should have been notified immediately when her weight started to decrease NOT when things were getting serious for them to then notify us. Our loved ones well being was obviously last on the list. I have never experienced anything like it.

TERRIBLE!

I have a family member that resides here. This place is the absolute WORST with communication!! They didn’t send a monthly bill in order for us to write a check and BLAMED it on us and charged late fees. They are unprofessional and cannot take responsibility for their own mistakes as a business. They also DID NOT notify us when our loved one was having problems swallowing. We were only called to be notified that they were going to be starting HOSPICE for her because of her drastic amount of weight loss. WHY was nothing done? Don’t take your loved ones here, EVER

Good People!

We really liked this community and the staff. They showed us around. We were able to see the residents out and getting involved with things. We actually wanted to have mom go here because of the great staff.

A busy community!

This was a nice community. The staff I met during the tour were nice and knowledgable. This is a larger community and seemed to have a little to much going on for us.

Friendly and supportive staff. Numerous activities . Prompt attention given to requests. Extremely prompt and responsible in notifying us when necessary regarding falls, medications, etc. Clean facilities...... individual room as well as common areas.

Finding the right place for your parents can be a challenge. The Staff at Lakeside is beyond exceptional! Helene is INCREDIBLE!!!! A true gift to residents. The entire staff from Dawn to Cheryl are wonderful, very friendly and extremely supportive. My Mother is a new resident and already 'family'. She is well rested and well fed. She calls to rave about the food. She is happy and making friends. This transition has been made as easy as possible thanks to Helene and her staff. We could not have asked for a better outcome. MANY MANY THANKS to ALL at Lakeside.

Kate Sammler

We are so very happy your family is having a wonderful experience at Lakeside Assisted Living. We will strive to exceed your expectations every day!

Nothing I've noticed that they can improve on. Everybody there was exceptional when I was dealing with them. They helped me tremendously with helping to move my mother in there. I really like the place. Out of all the places I went to nothing came close to this place.

This place seems to be the best place for quality care for the memory impaired in the eastern area of the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Somewhat pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Very nice place, but very expensive as well

Overall I think they've done a good job at Lakeside Assisted Living so far! I like that they really seem to think outside the box when it comes to their activities, and they work hard to keep things interesting for the residents. Everyone here seems very friendly, from the director to the aide staff. They also do a great job with the food! The only real downside is that it is very expensive.

Good respite care

Good respite care

Like Being on a Cruise

It's a very nice place. It's a little more money and more of a retirement type atmosphere than a health type atmosphere. Everyone there was much more mobile. They have a night club in there, almost like being on a cruise.

Lakeside was very nice, and the resid...

Lakeside was very nice, and the residents, happy and friendly.

Nice facility; nice dining areas; res...

Nice facility; nice dining areas; residential areas nicely furnished; plenty of activity options; will probably not be a fit for us at this time due to my mom's mobility limitations. [staff representative] was very good and knowledgeable; he made good recommendations and referrals.

Lakeside Assisted Living at Mallard Landing is a well established retirement community centrally located in Salisbury, Maryland. We can provide you or your loved one with a worry-free lifestyle while not sacrificing privacy or independence. Our spacious apartments and variety of layouts alone set us apart.

Licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants are always on site 24 hours a day to manage you or your loved ones’ medical and care needs. As a convenience to you or your loved one, our medical director is on site weekly. If a specialty physician is needed, Lakeside can provide transportation. All residents are equipped with an emergency response system which is answered by our nursing team. For acute and emergency medical care, Peninsula Regional Medical Center is conveniently located 3 miles away.

Lakeside also provides special services for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia-related conditions in The Compass Memory Care Community. Trained professionals carefully guide and foster each resident’s care needs, while allowing them to fully enjoy their surroundings.