State Street Assisted Living - Dover, DE

Enjoyed the tour and talking with [Removed]. Did not know the facility was in Dover. Very nice place. Everyone seemed very friendly.

Seth Dudley

We are excited that you found us in Dover! We are very proud of our community and the associates working there. We hope that you find this as a solution for your loved one.

A visit

This community seems to have a lot to offer. They have a lot of clubs for the residents to enjoy. The staff I met were friendly. This community looked nice and clean. The cost of this community was just a little out of our budget.

Seth Dudley

Thank you for the feedback!

Still Adjusting, but Overall Pleased

It was a rough transition for me with my move to this community, but now things have gotten better. This is a nice community with kind people. Everyone has been very welcoming, and helpful. They have a good staff, and they do a great job with the cleanliness around the community. I enjoy the meals, and they offer good activities. It is still an adjustment process, but overall I'am pleased with my move to this community.

Overall I am pleased!!

Overall I am pleased with how things are going for my mother at this community. The staff have had some issues with communication but have been working with me to get all issues solved and answer any questions I have for them. The meals are what really impress me at this place, they are excellent with lots of variety and taste. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

My Husband Is Well

My husband is doing well here at this community. So far it has been a pretty decent experience. The community looks nice, they do a good job with keeping everything well maintained. The staff is good, they are taking good care of him. There are activities available for him when he is ready to participate. He is very pleased with the food, the meals are good. I know he is in good hands, and I would recommend this community.

Nice Community

This is a nice community. We found it to be very clean and well taken care of. The meals seemed to be very appealing. I would recommend families for good care here.

The Staff Is Very Good

I think that the staff was very good. My loved one has memory issues, so they tried to get her to meals and introduce her to everyone and they made sure she took her medicine, so everything turned out very well.

Over all I am thrilled with State Street

Over all I am thrilled with State Street, I am thrilled for my aunt, it has been a very positive experience. I feel that she is very safe and well cared for. Having more fresh fruit, and vegetables would be nice, other than that we don't have any complaints about the food. I felt like they were a little unprepared for her arrival, I think she got a little lost in the shuffle. It took a little while to get her services set up, like a shower schedule and those things. Responsiveness could have been a little better.

Bad experience

This place was totally oversold. They had a $2,500 move-in fee they didn't mention at all until we were signing the paperwork, on top of what we were already paying. The meals are horrendous, they're the size of appetizers. They're also extremely understaffed, it seems like they have about 1 person for every 20 residents. They're also extremely expensive for the poor service that they provide.

A great place to live...State Street Assisted Living, Dover, DE

Mom just recently settled in at State Street Assisted Living in Dover, DE. What a wonderful experience the whole process has been. At first I was worried about approaching her with this option, but after an open talk we both agreed this will be great. She was welcomed with open arms and made to feel like she was part of the family. she is sharing a suit with a companion but still has a private bedroom. there is so much for her to do and stay active and somewhat independent without relying on me all the time. I think this is the happiest I've seen mom in a long time. If you're struggling with what to do, don't hesitate to make this decision, it will be the best thing you can do for mom and your self!

Great place, with a friendly and caring staff

We're very pleased with the care here! They've been really great so far. The caregivers are friendly, personable, and caring. It is a smaller community so they really look out for the residents individually, and do a great job of keeping the family informed. I appreciated that when the weather got bad they called everyone just to reassure us that they had plenty of people on staff and were prepared for the weather.

went today to visit facilit...

went today to visit facility. very positive experience. friendly staff and, from the looks of it, happy residents. looked at room with shared kitchenette and bath and private bedroom. certainly adequate even if bedroom area was small. scheduled a visit with mom for next friday. She is looking forward to it. looks like this will be a good fit and the finances appear to be within reason.

Extraordinarily happy.

We moved my mother in law there about a month ago and she has been extraordinarily happy and keeps saying thank you so much for finding me such a wonderful place! There is a dining hall so she doesn't have to do any cooking. They have social get togethers and bingo and that kind of thing. All of the patients wear a button they can push to have someone come to their assistance. I thought that was a good idea. Her son keeps saying things like neat clean and orderly. They have two days a week where they bus the patients to medical appointments. It is on the same street as the one hospital in Dover and both are participants in her health care plan. She had to have an exam from a Delaware doctor to be accepted and the doctor has become her primary care so the pieces really fell together.

Clean and in a nice area but incosistant staff.

My parents were not very happy up front, but they are getting used to it now. They are not liking the food, and dad had to give up his license so they feel very isolated. My parents feel like people are coming in all the time, and there were a couple of instances where the staff have come in and removed the covers to see if mom was wet, it's assisted living not a convalescent home. After mom spilled the pills a couple of times they insisted on giving her the medication. My father has memory lapses and they are very good about that, he accuses whoever of stealing whatever and they are always very good and will find it for them. Mom asked to be bathed at a specific time of day and when they bather her they leave her for like a half hour or so and mom doesn't like that.
We chose this community because it was close to the college and they don't have to worry about being accosted if they go outside, it's in a nice area. I liked the room a lot and it was very clean.
I don't think the staff ratio is the quoted 9:1. It seems difficult to find a nurse after hours. I had to pay an extra amount every month and they rated her a 1 on the care scale because mom would need to be carried out of the building in case of a fire. I did have some issues with things that were promised in writing, and then they didn't want to do it and I had to go to the director to get it done.
They had an outbreak and mom and dad were quarantined for a week and a half, they didn't like that.
The care is inconsistant some are very good, extremely caring and attentive, and some are not so good and seem like they just want a paycheck. The community offers quite a few activities, and my parents don't participate very much, but they have things like outings to breakfast or dinner, shopping, they also have inside activities like games, and crafts, and at halloween they had some dogs and cats come in dressed up.
We really liked that they could be together after two years if they run out of money they will be able to stay in the same room in the same place, which was something not offered by some of the other communities. There is lots fo storage within the apartment and has a very homey feeling. There is a fireplace in the entrance that makes you feel good and a large room with a piano and a T.V., very open and spacious areas for the residents to be outside of their rooms.

State Street Assisted Living is a community that is dedicated to the mission of making sure that every resident is like a part of our extended family. At State Street, we ensure that each resident is able to live their life to the highest potential by receiving personal assistance that is tailored to each individual. In addition to receiving individualized care, residents at State Street experience quality living as well. Our community offers, private and semi-private apartment and a full program of activities. Some of the great amenities that we offer are: restaurant-style dining, physical/occupational therapy, 24-hour staffing, scheduled transportation to local physicians, beauty salon, housekeeping/laundry services, and short-term respite care. Contact the Marketing Director at State Street for a tour and information about our Veteran's Program for those who have served their country.