Autumn Years ALF - Houston, TX

Not the right fit

We toured Autumn Years Assisted Living Facility. It was a nice and clean community. The staff was friendly enough. It just didn't have the right atmosphere we were looking for. Plus this community was not close enough to conveniently go and visit our mom.

Quiet family setting

A very nice and homey feel to this facility. When I took the tour the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. It was not the right fit for my parents, it seemed the residents were too far advanced for what my parents required. They did not have enough activities for my active parents. Did not provide 24 hours per day nursing care which my father required. Would have to hired physical therapy; not provided by this facility.

I visited this provider yesterday. The facility is immaculate, the resident appeared well cared for and healthy. The meal they were serving had whole foods and was served at the kitchen table. It seemed like a family meal. The staff was attentive to the residents. The facility is in a lovely neighborhood and that provides a homey feel. The home had no odors other than a clean home feel. Also the home has lots of light and clear space for them to move around in. I am very interested in this home and am scheduling a repeat visit to discuss activities, continuous care and additional services provided by outside providers, such as doctors and and activities.

food needs to improve

The food needs to improve at Autumn Years ALF. I do think my mother is getting good care there. 8 out of the 10 residents are not capable of walking or talking, so I do think it is hard on my mom. It is a bad situation for my mother but I think it would be the same anywhere else. The residents are very well taken care of. I think they adjust prices based on what people want. Someone wanted a private room and I think it went to the highest bidder. I am not certain but it seemed that way. I just think it's a sad situation at this facility. They have brought in another worker now. They now have three working. They do everything, the cooking, cleaning, and care. I do give the staff a lot of credit for what they do.

highly recommended

My father only lived a week once he checked in to Autumn Years. During that week I was very impressed. The staff was very attentive and very gentle. I would definitely recommend them very highly to anyone.

Wonderful Care Facility

My dad received excellent care at Autumn Years. The caregivers responded promptly and were very sweet to him. The home is lovely and was always immaculate no matter when I arrived. I was able to sleep without worry for my dad for the first time, knowing he was well taken care of at Autumn Years. Anyone who needs care will be fortunate to be a clientand to live in such a wonderful environment.

Wonderful alternative for a...

Wonderful alternative for a family member living in your home. Small community, less than 10. Some bedrooms are private, while others are shared. Plenty of staff and a friendly home environment.

Mom is Happier Here

My mom has lived at four different places before we came to “Autumn Years”, its clear that mom is happier here, she is more calm and saner since she has been here than compared to the other places. They are able to give mom the personalized care and one on one attention that she needs, plus their response time is quicker when something happens. Mom says that the food is much better here than at the other places. The only thing is that they could use some more activities for entertainment purposes, all they do is either roll them out to porch which has a nice view or roll them into the TV room to watch shows, not many of the other residents are able to speak so mom can get a bit bored at times.

I met with director today and I reall...

I met with director today and I really liked the home.

Liked the owner, a lot. Private room ...

Liked the owner, a lot. Private room available--piano OK. All meals in DR. Doctor comes to home. Residents I saw seemed happy and settled. Hardwood floors--no carpet. No private bathroom. The owner has been in business for a long time and says her caregivers really get in there and work with the residents, encouraging them to eat, etc. Much help with showering and bathroom needs. Alarms on doors; no electronic monitoring. Home sunny and clean. The owner understands respect for privacy.

Improving the Quality of Life of Our Elderly Loved Ones

Here at Autumn Years, we are dedicated to providing comfort, security, and quality daily living for our elderly residents. Our Personal Assisted Living facility offers a home-like environment and a cheerful family-like atmosphere for our senior residents. Our philosophy is to treat our elderly loved ones with dignity and respect during the Autumn Years of their lives.

Our Senior Assisted Living facility provides personalized assistance with daily living activities such as bathing and dressing, one-on-one feeding, medication management, geriatric management, Home Health Care, Social Activities, Transportation, and more.

We are stationed in Houston, Texas in very close proximity to the nearby hospitals such as Memorial Hermann and the West Houston Medical Center. We are also next to the Beltway 8 Express and West Park Tollway Express.

We are a State Licensed and Inspected Personal Assisted Living residence that offers quality care for seniors.

Contact us and Schedule a Tour of our Personal Assisted Living Residence.