The Abbey at Westminster Plaza - Houston, TX

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is one of Houston’s finest Assisted Living and Memory Enhancement Communities. Privately owned and operated, we have over 60 years of experience in Senior Living. Our long history of caring for people is reflected by our attention to every detail, which gives our residents and families the sense of peace, comfort, and security they want and deserve. We are a family-owned community of 60 Assisted Living, 30 Memory Enhancement and 141 Independent Living Apartments located near Houston’s prestigious Royal Oaks area. Across the street, you will find West Houston Medical Center and Professional Buildings with a host of restaurants and shopping just around the corner from our community. In addition, we are pleased to offer “house calls” by geriatric physicians, podiatrists, dentists and other professional services brought in for the convenience of our residents. Our Assisted Living community features a variety of spacious floor plans that include kitchenettes, high ceilings, ample closet spaces and magnificent windows with custom plantation blinds. You will also find a beautifully appointed Home Theater, Sun Rooms, Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, and an Arts and Crafts Room. Our philosophy encourages socialization through participation and motivation, promoting an active lifestyle of independence in a worry-free environment. All within a secured environment, including a beautifully landscaped courtyard, The Abbey at Westminster Plaza’s Memory Enhancement Community was carefully designed to provide the best possible setting for those with memory impairment. Our 24-hour, experienced staff receives specialized training regarding the challenges of caring for residents with dementia. Self-esteem is fostered through success-oriented activities, and emotional support. Each person is treated as the individual he/she is. Families can choose between a private apartment or a semi-private apartment, for those who prefer the companionship of a roommate. Our brand new Independent Living apartments are spacious (800-1620 sq ft), all beautifully appointed with granite counter tops, crown molding, wood floors, and full size appliances, including a washer and dryer in each apartment. Catch a movie in our home theatre, shoot a game of pool in our sports lounge or take a dip in our indoor heated swimming pool. Work out with our Fitness Director in our complete gym or board the bus with our Social Director for a social and cultural event. It's the lifestyle you deserve! The moment you walk into The Abbey at Westminster Plaza, you will sense the difference. The smiling faces of the residents, the caring and watchful staff, and the feeling of home will make your decision easier. Welcome to the Abbey at Westminster Plaza! Welcome Home.

I would say to take a look at this community.

This looked like a top notch community when I visited it. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean. The rooms did seem small and the cost was a little higher than what we were looking for.

THings are going alright

The staff at this community are friendly, engaging, cheerful and on top of things. My father in law likes the food and they offer daily activities. They keep the community clean. I like that this is a family owned community as it seems friendlier than other communities.

Feels like home

This community offered more activities than the other ones we looked at. The staff help make this community feel like a family. My mother in law loves the food and they keep the community clean. This community stood out from the others as it offered more for the price. It is close to us and seemed a step above.

Our Favorite!

The Abbey was wonderful, we really liked it but the price was very high. The place was very light and decorated very nicely. The staff was very engaging and they had a point system for the staff members which I thought was awesome. I believe the residents voted on how the staff members were doing. The place was cheery and positive.
Everyone knew everyone by name.

Beautiful Property!!

This property was beautiful and was very well maintained and kept clean. The staff was also very kind and was able to answer all the questions my loved one and I had for them in detail. I did not care to much for the memory care unit, it did not seem well organized.

Various Common Areas!!

When i was visiting the community i thought that the bedrooms had a nice setting, i was able to see the nice dinning room, and the guide explained some of the activities offered. There weren't a lot of special diet need menus but, they would try to work with the family. I liked the staff that i met they were attentive with me.

Mom's New Home

After my father passed away we knew that Mom couldn't live alone anymore. My Mom has lived at The Abbey for over 5 years with no issues at all. The staff are very patient with her and me as we go through the aging process. I visited a number of communities in Houston before moving her here and it was the best decision we made. If there has ever been a concern we have been able to address it and I felt it was always handled correctly. I always see the managers and staff interacting with my Mom and other residents. This will forever be home for my Mom.

Bad Experience

Bad experience. Loved one layed in excrement for 80 min. Then when confronted, Manager placed blame and resident and had all staff change their story to relieve The Abbey of legal liability. We Moved out our family member that night.

Recently remodeled!

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza was a wonderful community. It is a very well kept community and they were in the middle of remodeling. The staff are very knowledgeable and courteous. They offer a variety of menu options and activities.

pricey--feels like living at the Four Seasons; elegant

A friend had lived in The Abbey for maybe a year before she passed away, and she and her family loved it. Two other people I knew had some very good things to say about The Abbey, so we decided to check it out for my mother. This was her first time in assisted living, and she was rather apprehensive. But all the directors and nurses and caregivers and other employees have been nothing but kind, patient and helpful. Mother has started getting involved in activities she didn't think she would every do, and has been really enjoying herself. The main downstairs rooms are lovely, the food is good, and the residents' rooms are very nice.

Above and Beyond! 😘

My Grandmother has lived at The Abbey for 3 years. Of course she would rather live in her own home, but, she knows that she no longer can care for herself. She has made The Abbey her new home; and she loves it! The staff is so friendly and accommodating -- they go above any beyond. The family is at ease knowing that she is safe, eating nutritious and tasty meals, properly receiving her medications, interacting with other Residents and living in a loving community.

Steven has helped my "surprise" my Grandmother on more than one occasion. I call Steven and tell him what kind of surprise gift I would like to give her (a gift certificate for a perm, haircut series, etc.). I mail him a check and he does the rest!

I would highly recommend The Abbey to all potential Residents and families!

I am pretty happy with them.

I am pretty happy with them. There have been a few bumps but I think that happens everywhere. They could probably use a few more staff, like most places. However quite a few of the staff that are there, have been there for a few years, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of turnover. The positives outweigh the negatives. I like that it's a smaller place, only about 60 residents. They were pretty similar in price to everyone else. It's very clean, and the food is good, they have a different menu every week. I liked the calendar of activities, with bingo everyday. I have been happy with it so far.

The Abbey

The staff at The Abbey are very caring & warm. The environment is beautiful.

Highly Recommend

Mother chose to live at the Abbey 3 yrs ago. Since then her health has improved and she just turned 95! She is happy. The caring staff at all levels sees to it that she is safe, clean, properly fed, and busy. Our family too has been cared for in many ways.

high recommendation

Mother chose to live at The Abbey 3 yrs ago. Since then her health has improved and she just turned 95! She is happy. The caring staff at all levels sees to it that she is safe, clean, properly fed, and busy. Our family too has been cared for in many ways. All these services are great and offered with smiles. We are pleased that she lives in a good place. I would highly recommend The Abbey.

Like family

My sister has lived at the Abbey for over 8 years and from the very beginning she has been so happy there. She often says as we drive up to the Abbey from an outing, "I love where I live!" The managers are so loving and caring of her and of our entire family. A year ago my husband was diagnosed with ALS and the managers of the Abbey have consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty to help my sister with things I would ordinarily have handled. It is VERY heartwarming and has made her life and my life easier in a time when we could be in a real bind. I am eternally grateful to the Abbey and the management staff for their loving concern and their willingness to help Jean Ann and our family. We are blessed!

I wouldn't rate this place due to the unprofessional that this place has I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone [removed] So please really look into taking your family's there, the staffing is so bad the lock unit is bad residents are left smelling and[removed]

Memory Care and Overall Community is top notch

My Grandmother has lived in the Memory Care unit for over 5 years now and I have been nothing but pleased with the services that the staff provide. Day in and day out I see the same smiling faces and it is comforting to know that the same group of ladies are taking care of my Grandmother who is so special to us. We looked around for months and feel we made the right decision. Grandma is always clean, happy, her hair is pretty, her room is clean and there is always some sort of activity going around. We also noticed that it is one of the cleanest communities based on the ones we toured and love all the staff and management. Whoever wrote the poor review about the memory care community sounds like a disgruntled employee but I'm here to say as a family member, you can't make a better decision for your loved one if they need memory care. We hope to keep Grandma here for the rest of her life.

Very nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I appreciated that although I showed up unannounced they were happy to show me around and had a knowledgeable person available to answer my questions! However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

They have thought of everything at The Abbey.

A lovely set-up with every possible amenity.

I was disappointed by the actual apartments, but it was a good visit and it is truly a lovely set-up with every possible amenity. I also thought the fact that it was owned by a family was special. It was a little pricey but that might have been something we could deal with if we had liked the living space more.

The helpless

The site does look really nice, full of friendly helpfully sweet faces. until you pass through the double doors. The kingsington. unit. If one is lucky enough to be able to toilet themself, there is little problem. If anything is needed that will interference with leisurely breakfast, lunch, dinner, just cause I want a break, the resident will be chastised severly. go before and after any meal. The residents have learned to deal with being soiled and the old timers cue the newbies in, screaming " just deal with it." I wonder where they picked that up? If you feel any of this maybe fabricated. go at meal time hug and kiss one of the poor souls that need physical help, and take a sniff.

We are all very happy to have my parents there. We know that they are safe and their needs are being met...

They are fantastic. My parents are making a good transition. The staff is always available to help or assist in any way possible. The chef at the main restaurant is just outstanding. We are all very happy to have my parents there. We know that they are safe and their needs are being met. Their apartments are very lovely. They are clean and very nice. It has been a great experience. We are very pleased.

look no further

If you are looking for a top notch place, look no further. Placed my parents here two months ago and they are very happy.

Loved this place. Perfect environs and amenities. A bit far out and probably out of our budget.

Barbara is the best! We will probably end up using this location based on location, price and the beautiful new facility. Everyone was very sweet.

We actually toured The Abbey in April 2015. It was very, very nice. However, the cost of over $5000 a month made it too expensive.

Beautiful facility and very attentive staff. My guide greeted residents by name and gave a very informative tour. Lots of activity options, nice dining areas, and secure outdoor areas. Impressive.

Very nice place

Our experience with The Abbey at Westminster Plaza has been a very good one, so far! The property itself is beautiful, the staff have been very friendly and accommodating, and they even do a great job with the food. We are very pleased with them so far, and we would recommend them to other families looking in the area.

Excellent

I would recommend this facility to anyone. It is a little on the expensive side but definitely worth the pay. I am glad we chose the place the residents and all the workers are nice and considerate. If their is anything my loved one needs or I do they are there to help.

Best Senior Living in Houston

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is first rate. The owners have been successful with creating a beautiful community with luxurious appointments.

The meals in the Dining Room are delicious and the menu is extensive.

All of the staff is very caring and accommodating. The management, including Barbara and Jeny, are terrific and are quick to respond to the resident needs.

Great care. Good at calling with an update.

Great!

A little expensive, but very friendly environment and great services! I can recommend it highly to anybody! Cheears!
Yours Tony

We are doing fine here.

We are doing fine here. As time goes by things keep getting better and better. They are new so they are very clean, the staff is friendly. We don't have any major complaints, and it is filling up more and more.

I don't think you could wake up at the Abbey's new building without a smile on your face. The closets are good sized and the finishes and amenities are truly amazing. Patios, courtyards and great lighting add to lovely apartments. Summer kitchen, movie theatre, health facility for all fitness levels, bistro, ice cream shoppe - I want to visit! The staff know the residents by name and are kind. Kitchen not yet completed (est. 2/1/15) and activities not yet in full swing (est. Feb. or March)but my guess is that everything will be done beautifully.

New Facility for Independent Living. While accepting guests,it is not fully functional as yet. Seems very nice, very upscale and has extremely good layouts on apartments. For now however,the lobby and common areas are a little stark and not complete. It is not fair to judge at this point. My Mom is ready for a facility and this one is not ready for her. Also location is a bit far out from the Memorial/Inner loop area for family visits and price seems to be very much on the high side.

john knight

Thank you for rating The Abbey at Westminster Plaza. We are fully operational now and invite you to come by and have another look. We currently have 126 residents who love living here and are always open to having a nice, new neighbor. Hope to see you soon!

Live anywhere BUT here.

This place is a JOKE! All they do is lie, lie, lie. They do not care at all about their tenants. They care about money and that is it. I would NEVER let your loved ones get caught up in this circus.

This place is JOKE

I have never had someone let me down so many times. This place is a JOKE!!! Do not let your loved ones move in here! The Owner does not care about the welfare of the individuals that live here. He has lied to our family over and over. Literally the worst experience ever with a living situation.

thankful for the care

My parents lived in assisted living for two years; then moved into memory care due to the advancement of my mother's dementia. The cost of this private facility is quite competitive with other private facilities because you receive more services with base rent. The staff members are long term employees, and have a willingness to serve that you do not experience at other facilities. Food is good, and family is always welcome. The doctors, nurses, psychiatric staff, specialists, home health and hospice groups that service residents at the Abbey are some of the finest in Houston. It takes a village to create a nourishing envi ronment for our special seniors and I am grateful for the care at The Abbey.

The Abbey just doesn't care about their residents!

Jeny and Steven are not to be trusted ! This is not a Christian facility ! Nurses constantly quit because the Abbey does not care about the residents. The owners, the Lake family, are not ethical and are only interested in Phase II prof itability. My loved one suffered an injury and they did not care! They also did not undertake a comprehensive investigation to ascertain the facts about the injury. They just don't care!

Do Not trust the Abbey with your loved ones care!

Do Not trust the Abbey. They only care about your money, not your loved one. They lied repeatedly about the care provided in their facility. My loved one was injured in their facility and they did not care, just made excuses.

Review of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Houston, TX

Barbara very nice.

Horrible place.... They lied about de...

Horrible place.... They lied about delay in health care to my sister who has dementia. Thank goodness we now have her in a much better place Do NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONEs HERE!

Very nice facility. Residents appeared active.

Very pleased

My wife and I have been at The Abbey Assisted Living facility for nine months and have been very pleased with it. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the facility is beautiful and immaculately maintained,
there is a nurse available 24 hrs, they handle all medications, there are sufficient activities, and the food is varied and very good to excellent.

We found this as the place ...

We found this as the place for mom. She loved it and will be going into the assisted living the first part of August.

Well Run

I haven’t seen any problems. The staff is all pretty friendly. I think it’s all run pretty well. Things seem to be going well. I haven’t lived here that long, but so far so good. It’s just an assisted living community. They have really good food. They have a little garden. It’s not too much, but it’s an area where you can walk around the building with flowers and what not.

Nice place, overall

Unfortunately my loved one was not able to stay here long before needing to be moved elsewhere due to increasing care needs. The staff have all been very friendly, and they've done a good job keeping the facility clean and the residents are all looked after very well. I had a chance to try their dining service, and I'd say the meal was better than average!

Nice place but not a good fit for us.

This was more of an assisted living where you had to be more mobile than we were able to do. It would have been difficult to the dining room. It was clean and nice but just not a good fit for our needs.

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza Assisted Living

I love The Abbey. I had a great feeling about it the first time I toured, and both my parents are now living there and we couldn't be more pleased. It is light and bright and clean and best described as a happy place. The staff bends over backwards to help and everyone we have encountered is warm and loving and they all seem to love their jobs. The level of care is excellent and their attention to details is outstanding. They have been extremely flexible and accommodating. I am so thankful for The Abbey!

no 2 bedroom offered

no 2 bedroom offered

Excellent care

We like this place very much, they've done a great job so far. The staff have been exceptionally nice, and have done a great job helping her adjust to the new environment. It's a very caring environment, and the facility itself is clean and nice looking.

Nice place, friendly people...

Nice place, friendly people does not take Medicare

Loved the Abbey, residents ...

Loved the Abbey, residents and staff seemed very happy.

Definitely liked this place...

Definitely liked this place, room available for my mom. Then my mom's health declined needing more than assisted living.

They have assisted living, ...

They have assisted living, but I wasn't impressed. Was shown an existing room which smelled. I had a scheduled appt and wanted full attention, but another person walked in and we toured together. What was the purpose of an appt.?

Good atmosphere

We really liked the feel of the community, it provides a very good atmosphere. The food here is good as well. The leasing director was especially helpful and very friendly. They could use a wider variety of activities, seems like due to population being mostly females there activities are geared towards them. Would like to see more exercise activities to keep them engaged. The Abbey has done a very good job and we are pleased with them. We would recommend them to anyone.

rooms nice, good amenities,...

rooms nice, good amenities, mom didn't like because was freezing inside, food and dining experience.

Only Assisted Living for now. Indepen...

Only Assisted Living for now. Independent living end of October. Offering discounted asst. living until independent is open

Light and bright. Not as much energy...

Light and bright. Not as much energy, but a lovely, quiet place with beautiful scenery. I did a walk-in tour. I got all the information I needed but pricing.

Worth a second look. Security may be...

Worth a second look. Security may be an issue for Mom. Liked the feel.