Autumn Years PCH - Houston, TX

Not a good fit for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I just wasn't impressed with what I saw here. It just seemed very depressing, none of the residents were smiling or interacting with each other. The staff seemed competent and the residents looked well cared for, but I just didn't think this was somewhere my loved one would be happy.

really good

Autumn Years PCH was really good. We figured out she needed to be in hospice pretty soon after we got her there. It was no fault of theirs but I wish we would have known sooner. Overall the experience at this facility was good.

The director we were scheduled to meet was not onsite when we arrived. Many beds to a room. Our impression was that the residents are warehoused and not actively engaged in activities or socializing. Although the facility is clean, we felt the residents were not of the same mental capacity as my mother, thus not a good fit for her.

Lovely homes, very clean, and active seniors and pleasant staff. It was wonderful to meet the owner on a weekend. You can tell she cares deeply about the place. Very well thought out homes, fully furnished, with 10-11 residents.
It's located too far from my home, so I don't think it will be a good fit with my family's needed.

This was not a good experience.

This was not a good experience. They didn't even call me and let me know when my loved one fell. They sent her to the hospital and didn't even let us know. There were no activities, so she never had anything to do. I never saw the owner at this house, she was always at one of the other homes she owned.

autumn years 24/7 care

autumn years is wonderful. dell has been there since 7/8 they get her to do things i never could like wear diapers get dressed and eat regular meals. they are very good at handling her. clyde

Second one we looked at. Has a priva...

Second one we looked at. Has a private room available. Kind of a run down neighborhood near West Oaks off of Vineyard. House is nice and clean. Staff was nice too. $4,000/month

LOVED IT! Very small and also has ot...

LOVED IT! Very small and also has other hospice patients. May is very sweet and so are the aides at this home. Very clean. Kind of pricey but patient ratio is better than most. Strong smell of vinegar.