Atria Westchase - Houston, TX

Atria Westchase blends a busy social scene with the comforts of southern hospitality. Participate in educational and cultural activities or relax and enjoy amenities like our cozy living room with large fireplace, reading center and computer room. Our convenient location adds to the appeal of Atria Westchase, with a public library, golf course, a major hospital and shopping all within one mile.

Very Pleased With The Care

This community definitely has followed through with what they promised with the level of care being provided. When we placed my mom here she wasn't in the best health but since moving here her health has improved They are taking very good care of her and the staff is right on top of things when they notice a problem. The communication is very good between staff and family. The community is very clean and well maintained. We are very impressed on the whole community

It Has Been Wonderful

My mother-in-law is really happy and making friends. I see that she is enjoying the community and she loves it. The staff are making her feel very comfortable. She is eating good meals and enjoying the activities. There is a lot of light and they have it set up so well. The community is nice and clean. It looks newer and fresher with furniture that is tastefully done. The prices were very low at the time. I totally appreciate A Place For Mom's help. I thought it was great and the Advisor did great with her research.

They have community parties every friday.

The staff at this community are friendly, warm and welcoming. Everyone says hello when we visit and they are encouraging the residents to be active. The food is great and they have restaurant style dining. Dad likes to participate in some of the exercise classes. The community is well taken care of and the grounds are gorgeous. There are flowers out front and they decorate the community for each season. The rooms are spacious and include a full size refrigerator and kitchenette. I would recommend this community.

[Removed] was a gem! I truly felt like she cared about all the residents in the community. I look forward to having my mother's respite stay at Atria Westchase.

Cheerful!

The Atria Westchase was a very nice community. It was very clean and cheerful. The residents and staff all seemed very happy, and it was a pleasant experience to tour. The only reason we chose to go with another community was because of the price.

Has A Lot To Offer!

The tour guide to begin with was courteous with me and answered any questions or concerns that i had. The layout of the community was nice. The staff met along my tour were attentive. We spoke about the food options that were available and the various activities offered.

Bright and Cheerful Community

This is a great community, I really enjoyed my tour. Everybody was very friendly and sweet. The staff was kind and informative. It is a nice looking facility, from what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The community is nice and bright. The residents were very cheerful. It was a pleasant tour.

Atria Westchase was the right move for us!!

My mother in law has not made the transition to Atria Westchase easy as she would have liked to say with us longer. I know we made the right decision as she is getting better care than we could give her. The community is very clean and well maintained. The staff we met when we first looked at this community have been there for many years and this speaks highly of the management and how the employees are treated. The staff have been very attentive and keep us updated about her care. I did have a chance to try to food and it was good.

Very good Assisted Living Facility - clean, caring, etc

Atria Westchase is an excellent Assisted Living Facility. It has a lot in common with a cruise ship. The food is very good, the staff are very friendly and helpful, it is very clean, and the Certified Nurses' Assistants (CNAs) are usually prompt to respond to a press of the call button. But remember, an Assisted Living Facility (such as Atria Westchase) is not a Skilled Nursing Facility. Atria has one nurse on staff, and that is only during normal business hours. If your loved one needs medical care at night or on weekends, someone else will have to help him/her.... I was so impressed with my initial visit to Atria Westchase that I did not even visit competitors, so I cannot comment on comparative prices.

Bank Poor

Very nice place but the corporate office is difficult to work with. The first month they overcharged double even though I pointed out the error in enough time to adjust the invoice. Corporate office deducted the over charge amount from the bank and then it took a week and many telephone calls for them to return the monies. I would suggest not taking advantage of the bank draft option. I learned my lesson and canceled the bank draft option.

Very clean and wonderful staff on site. They really care about the residents.

Wonderful Place to Live

I moved my friend who wasn't happy at another assisted living community. This community is superior in every way. The staff goes out of their way to help make the residents comfortable and to feel part of a family. I'm especially impressed with the longevity of the staff. This conveys more than any words could.

Things are going fine

Things are going fine. It's been a month and a half for us and she is still getting acclimated to it. This is a new situation for us, and she is still getting used to it.

Good, but too soon to tell.

The staff seems genuinely caring and concerned for the residents, however my mother has only been living here for a little over a month and she is still adjusting to the concept of 'assisted living' versus the 'independent living' community from which she came. Over the past few months there have been some management changes, and time will tell if this has a positive or negative impact on the running of the community. I've attended 2 family functions to date, and the family members of other residents have expressed strong satisfaction with the care provided to their loved ones. The points of contention for me to deal with right now are: laundry snafus which have occurred 2 out of 5 weeks, inadequate mentoring to acclimate my mother to the offerings of the community and management's failure to include me in the 1 month assessment of my mother's adjustment to the community.

As with many communities, I'm keeping a close watch on the advertised activities vs. what is actually taking place on a consistent basis, along with the quality of those activities. Promises made during initial visits and what is on calendars and brochures can sometimes be overzealous compared to what is being delivered.

I will be keeping a close eye on the environment and my mother's reaction to living here. I will be looking to post updated insights of mine in this forum in the near future.

Katy Miller

Thanks for choosing Atria Westchase. We’re honored to have your mother living in our community and hope to iron out any kinks in her laundry services, help her acclimate and maintain open communication with you. If you care to share more, please reach us directly at [removed].

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I appreciated that although I showed up unannounced they were happy to show me around and had a knowledgeable person available to answer my questions! However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Too early to tell

It is too soon for me to review, as my father still has many issues. Care is very good, but the food leaves a lot to be desired and the portions are quite small.

mom is very happy

Compared to the prior place we were at, my mother just loves it at Atria Westchase. She is very happy there and we are very happy for her. They keep her very active with a lot of good activities which she really loves. They are really doing a great job and I very highly recommend them.

Fantastic

The Atria Westchase is fantastic. It's a market, but I think this facility is a good value. I would give the friendliness five plus stars. They are very respectful and genuine. They deliver what they say they will. The communication with the staff has been fantastic. The location and parking is fine. They offer activities. Everything has been very good. We are very pleased with all of the services. I would recommend.

Lacey was fantastic. Everyone was very professional and the facility was lovely.
They even gave us a pie to take home!

My Mother is Very Happy Here

My mother is very happy here. She enjoys the atmosphere. They are friendly and cooperative. The activities are good to her level. I would highly recommend the Atria Westchase. This is a great assisted living facility. I am glad we made the selection to join my Mother in this community. It is very clean and friendly. They have a variety of activities. "A Place for Mom" is the best. I appreciate all the help from them.

So far everything has been okay.

This is still pretty new, but so far everything has been okay. Everything is clean the staff is friendly. Our loved one seems to like the food, and that is saying something. I don't have any complaints. I would rate them very highly so far.

Very friendly place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Westchase seemed like a nice place overall! The people here were very very friendly! They made us feel very welcome, and they have kept in touch with us even after the tour to see how we are doing.

Very friendly staff

We toured a lot of places, the Director Dede went above and beyond making us feel at home. She spent several hours with us and made us feel like our loved one could be right at home. She was warm and inviting from the first initial contact on the phone. We are trying to make a decision between Katy or West Houston...

Management unresponsive to repeated care failures

We certainly wish that the super friendly pie-gifting gracious Atria Westchase welcome at sign -up and move-in continued once loved one is full time resident.
My father is wheelchair-bound and requires the highest care level for all activities of daily living.
The Atria resident wearable call button system was touted as the centerpiece of their approach - "all calls must be answered in ten minutes and and caregiver response times always monitored."
The reality is the opposite: most night calls and nearly all Sunday calls and many morning calls are totally ignored by caregivers who must work two jobs to survive. This leaves my father helpless. Until a family member arrives
Top management is unpleasant and defensive and disinterested when failures reported. I guess their hope is you will stop reporting care failures if they make the experience of doing so miserable enough.
Looking for another assisted living facility.
Ready to move my father,

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear you are upset and would like to speak with you personally to further understand your experience. Please reach out to [email protected], including “Atria Westchase” in your subject line and your contact information in the body so we can have someone contact you right away. We are here to help and hope to hear from you soon.

Exceptional

The staff are all equally professional, caring and attentive. Country club atmosphere. Their attention to detail is exceptional. The activities are varied to cover everybody's needs. A lady likes bridge and they are trying to set up a bridge club for her. My whole experience with A Place for Mom and this community has been exceptional.

Atria Westchase is an excellent choice

Atria is an excellent place to entrust your loved one. Their staff are well trained and most have been there a very long time which attests to the quality of the management. They are diligent about every detail of care. They work hard to create a family atmosphere and get residents engaged in activities. We moved mom to Atria after a bad experience at another facility. Atria went out of their way to make moms transition as easy as possible and gave her extra attention the first few weeks to ensure she learned her way around. I highly recommend Atria Westchase and am thankful for the peace of mind their care has given us.

Bedsores

My step mother was put in Hospice and allowed to get bedsores. Granted, she was a difficult person but no one should get bed sores when you are suppose to have more nursing care when in Hospice. Care for the dying should be in place not the attitude of , "She is dying" like they don't care. Their business is to care.
They lost her linens and brought her clothes that weren't hers consistently. When we asked if we should put her name on her things we were told no, but I think it would have been a good idea.

Kate Vance

We’re sorry to hear you’re upset and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding your stepmother’s experience. We’d like to connect with you personally to gain more understanding. Please contact us at [removed] and ask for Kim Parnell, the Senior Executive Director of Atria Westchase. We look forward to hearing from you.

Very friendly

The lady that introduces you to the place and gets you oriented is wonderful. Very friendly and informative.

The only area I can think of where they can improve (and this is coming from my mom who is the resident there) would be better housekeeping.

Other than that it has been a good experience and we would highly recommend Atria Westchase.

Kate Vance

Thank you so much for your kind remarks; we truly appreciate feedback from our residents and families as they can provide valuable insight to how we can continually improve the services we provide to those who choose to live with us. We welcome you to share your suggestions on how you feel we can improve in the housekeeping department by reaching out via [removed] and if you would kindly include “Atria Westchase” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help
and happy to serve!

Review of Atria Westchase Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Houston, TX

One negative : halls are confusing

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community. We realize moving in to a new home can be unsettling or confusing so we pair our new residents with one of our Resident Ambassadors to help them get acquainted and feel comfortable in their new surroundings. If we can be of further service to your family or answer questions you may have about us, please feel free to reach out via [removed] and include “Atria Westchase’” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people who can help. We wish you the best!

Great place for mom

Atria Westchase has been a great place for my mother. She is healthy but recovering from a crushed pelvis. She has low level dementia. They have very patient but firm with her. They make sure she bathes and wears clean clothes every day. They provide a variety of activities and take good care of her. This is the best place I have seen for my mother.

Review of Atria Westchase Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Houston, TX

Great place. Community appears active. Facility if warm and inviting and very clean. Rooms are a good size. Staff is very friendly. There appears to be enough room for mother to walk around. Independent and Assisted Living are mixed together which is a plus.

Very happy with the community.

It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. They are attentive and responsive to both the resident and the family. The food is a five, definitely. A lot of the residents including my loved one, want to eat in their rooms, and I would like to see more social interaction. They offer activities, but the residents don't seem motivated to join in. Everything else is great, I can't think of anything else that needs to be improved or done better.

Of the four we visited with...

Of the four we visited with mom this was the close number two if we had not decided on the Abbey at Westminster.

Liked the brightness of the...

Liked the brightness of the place when I walked in. Nice rooms and staff seemed very friendly and engaged with residents. Liked the mix of residents - independent and assisted.

The community was very clea...

The community was very clean and the director knew all the residents by name. She was very engaging and overall the residents were very happy.

We love the extraordinary people at Atria Westchase

My husband moved in Feb 4th. And the experience has been excellent. The staff is superb on every level. The food by Chef Carmen is delectable. Kindness and good humor pervade the facility. Atria is exceptional and we are grateful to each outstanding staff member for making our experience such a great one. My husband has been in four facilities and none of them come close to the special people at Atria. We feel lucky every day. And so grateful.

Great experience

Atria Westchase has been a great experience.

They are caring for my wife as promised.

It requires much administrative paperwork to place a loved one in a facility

The staff at the facility has long tenure. They seem to understand how to take care their problems and requests.

I am very pleased with the care my wife is receiving..

Good Place for Your Mom

Tell everyone to put their older mother in Atria. We are very impressed with it. We are extremely pleased with Atria. At the end of the month, it's expensive but the quality of everything is really good. The quality of the people and the food is great. Good place for your mom.

Multiple Story Building

This was a two or three story building which I really didn't want because it's too hard when you have a problem with memory to find your way around and I didn't think multiple floors and stairs would help.

LaDawn K.

We are so glad that you considered our community, and I’m sorry that we were not the best fit for your needs. We always make sure that our new residents receive help finding their way around our building until they become accustomed to their routes to and from activities and meals. And there is always staff available in case someone needs assistance. Most of our residents become familiar with our community fairly quickly, and they tend to walk with groups of friends. We hope that you will visit us again soon. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Loved the Atria, bright, ch...

Loved the Atria, bright, cheerful and engaged.

It Felt Right

My dad will be moving in next week. He has memory issues so he won't be participating much in the activities but everytime I was there they had live music entertainment and I saw a whole group of people going out to a restaurant.

We chose this community because it was close to home an it just felt right.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that your dad has enjoyed his stay with us and has found activities that he likes. We always have a full calendar of over 200 engaging events each month and we encourage all of our residents to participate. If we can answer any questions, please call us at [removed] or email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

The Atria Westchase is a very nice as...

The Atria Westchase is a very nice assisted living community. It is clean and well kept and the staff is friendly, helpful and accessible. Each staff member offers to help if anything is needed. There are plenty of group activities available for the residents, as well as medical attention and therapies. The apartment floor plans are nice with good sized kitchenettes. It is a good value for the money!

Absolutely loved the place. Lots of e...

Absolutely loved the place. Lots of energy from both the staff and the residents. Residents are involved in several opinion related groups such as menu and field trips. Lots of scheduled outings and group walks. Exercise sessions twice a day. Tribute project to honor Veterans. My two sisters and I think it would be a perfect fit for Dad. Now, I just need to see if he can afford it.

Absolutely fabulous. The service dir...

Absolutely fabulous. The service director provided was exquisite. She showed us the alcove, which was on the third floor, and had a good view. Mom is really "into" views. It sounds like she would fit right in, and it was beautifully set and arranged.

Very impressive. Had lunch and it wa...

Very impressive. Had lunch and it was delicious. Would love for mom to be here.

Spoke with the director. Seemed forma...

Spoke with the director. Seemed formal and a bit stuffy.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review, and I apologize that you did not find our director to be welcoming when you last visited. Our community is a very fun and relaxing place to be, and I hope you will consider visiting us again and perhaps joining us for one of our great events. If we can ever be of assistance to your family, please contact us at [removed] (include the Atria community name in your subject line). We are always happy to help.

Nice environments. Not as many staff...

Nice environments. Not as many staff evident as at Belmont, and the CNA I saw wasn't relating to residents. Residents were friendly, seemed engaged. 2 geriatric drs visit weekly. Staff are CNAs, one nurse on duty M-F daytime. A few Jewish residents. Ltd choice menu. Awkward location for us to reach.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that our location was not a good fit for you when you last visited, but I did want to let you know that since that time, we have continued to work with our employees to ensure that they are connecting with our residents and developing positive relationships. Regarding our dining options, we usually offer a choice of several entrees and we try to incorporate new dishes to keep things interesting. We also love it when residents suggest something they like or bring us a recipe to try. Please feel free to visit us again any time. If we can answer other questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Good facility. Willing to work with ...

Good facility. Willing to work with the patient and the family. Reasonable costs. You can leave the place provided you write a 30 days notice. Decided to move in and try.