Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL

Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn - Glen Ellyn, IL has yet not published prices.

You can trust that your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia is in good hands at family-owned and operated Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn, Illinois, assisted living memory care. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

At Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

Our culinary staff is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

A tour

We liked this community at the time of our tour. The people were nice and helpful. The community is clean and they seem to offer some nice activities. this community did not have an opening when we visited.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, but sorry we weren’t able to accommodate your immediate need. Our families often cite that one of the many reasons they enjoy being a part of an Autumn Leaves community is its intimate size. Unfortunately, that means on occasion there may not be an opening when needing to move quickly. We are always happy to be a resource to all who come to us and will gladly help families find a temporary solution among our 10 Illinois locations until there is an opening at your property location of choice. Again, thank you for kind words.

Friendly people!

My sister and I toured many communities with one being Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn. The facility was clean and organized. The person that took us around answered our questions and was friendly, but we found another community that for my mother's needs best.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind words and we wish you and your loved ones the best.

Mom is very happy! (and safe!)

We had full time 24-7 home care for my mom for three years because she wanted to be at home and we wanted that for her. We had problem after problem with home care givers from leaving her alone in the car while they went to a store or visited friends to [Removed] to outright [Removed] (for which we are still going to court). The problem with home care is that there is very little accountability other than the occasional visit from an agency supervisor. I visited every day and we still had many problems. We couldn't be there 24 hours a day to watch the caregiver and it became unsafe.

Enter Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn! Mom has been there since October and it is the BEST thing we could have done for her. The facility is laid out so well and it's light, bright and nicely decorated. I feel happy when I walk through the front door to visit my mom.

All of the people who work at Autumn Leaves are kind and caring and they get to know all of the residents. She has three healthy meals every day plus snacks and we know that she is being properly cared for and she is treated like the individual that she is. Also, a nurse on duty 24 hours a day has gone a long way in helping me to sleep at night.

My mom really enjoys being around all of the people at Autumn Leaves. I believe that her being around so many people has been instrumental in her happiness.

Even with all of the home care problems it was still a difficult decision to move mom into a memory care facility, even one as outstanding as Autumn Leaves. However, 6 months later, we can see that it was the very best option for mom. I actually wish we had moved her in at least a year sooner than we did.

If you are looking for memory care for your loved one you can't go wrong with Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn.

Judy Brown

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We take pride in our staff and our communities and we're so happy that you and your Mother are part of our family.

[Removed] was engaging,solicitous. Easy to find & get to, bright, light, clean. Great value. Found residents active & engaged; enjoyed carolers & their families while we were there.Looked at studios w/showers.Many activities; safety for our family member while also being able to enjoy walks through the facility (which actually felt more like a beautiful home). If your family member has a stage 2 or greater wound it cannot be accomodated there & must be healed at another facility before moving there.One of our top choices.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We take great care in finding staff members who have a real compassion for seniors with memory care needs. We specialize in memory care, it's our passion, and we're pleased to see that it shows in what we do.

Lovely, lovely facility. Enjoyed a guided tour from Audrey. Autumn Leaves is small and cozy. A perfect fit for my Mom. Can't say enough good things about this community. It's just about as close to home as you can get. It's awesome.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know having to make decisions around an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be difficult. Our staff members are genuinely compassionate and focused on helping during the transition to our community. We're so happy to add you and your Mom to the Autumn Leaves family!

Good memory care

I come here as a physical therapist to work with some of the residents on an as needed basis. The staff are very nice and knowledgeable about each resident. There is usually an activity going on, and each time I come, there are different things the resident have worked on around the building. They work hard to make it 'home' for the residents, and it shows. There are picture frames around the facility with each resident from various times, just like a house, which I think is a nice touch. [Removed] is usually right at the entrance to welcome guests and family members with a smile.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments about our community. It means a lot when another healthcare professional recognizes the care and effort we put into designing and managing our communities.

[Removed] was engaging,solicitous. Easy to find & get to, bright, light, clean. Great value. Found residents active & engaged; enjoyed carolers & their families while we were there.Looked at studios w/showers.Many activities; safety for our family member while also being able to enjoy walks through the facility (which actually felt more like a beautiful home). If your family member has a stage 2 or greater wound it cannot be accommodated there & must be healed at another facility before moving there.One of our top choices.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments.

Autumn Leaves-Glen Ellyn

Going through the process of moving our loved one to a memory care community was very agonizing and emotional. The staff at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn were and are amazing. Their words of comfort, guidance and reassurance through the entire process made the decision process much easier. They continue to be proactive and visual for our needs at all times. Of course no situation is perfect, unless our loved one is under our own roof--but after every visit we leave knowing the care they are receiving is exceptional and genuine. They sponsor a family night each month with different theme--you leave there feeling like we are one big family! The warmth and kindness among the community is one of a kind and greatly appreciated.

Judy Brown

Autumn Leaves is a great choice!

Choosing Autumn Leaves in Glen Ellyn was the best decision we ever made in taking care of my Mom. When we started researching, Mom was in assisted living but they could no longer care for her due to her advanced stage of Alzheimers. The love and care that is given at Autumn Leaves was evident when we first walked in. The peace we felt when we left Mom the first time was huge. Unfortunately, Mom was only there for one month before she died a couple weeks ago but that month made a huge difference in her last days. Not only did they care for Mom but the support and love we received as a family was amazing.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your comment. Nothing means more to us than a satisfied resident.

A Special Home

I am writing about my sister's care.........We had a first
experience with another home in Glen Ellyn......a disaster....
but I did not ask the right questions.....this time I looked at about eight homes and there was no doubt this time I had found a new home for my sister.....Autumn Leaves.......
When I walked through the front door the atmosphere
was uplifting....."bright and cheery".....even "cozy......
Only 40 family members live here which was a plus
for me and my sister.. After meeting all the staff I was sold..........They send out every month a newsletter.....with
pictures of the activities the residents participate in.....
and each month there is a Special Event.....where all the
families participate.......my favorite was the "LUAU"....fun
for ALL.....Knowing it is a special place for my sister means everything.......

Thank you so much!

Not a lot of freedom for residents !!

I noticed during my tour that the doors on the residents apartments automatically lock for the day after they leave there bedrooms. I did not like that idea for my loved one, it seemed the residents where not given a lot of there own freedom.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your feedback.

Healthy Meals!!

I would recommend the Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn. So far my my mother is transitioning very well into the community. She is enjoying her healthy portioned meals. The staff have been very good with her and the communication has been good. The community is kept neat and fairly organized. Activities are offered on site and off site.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your compliment to our Culinary Staff. Much education and training goes into selecting and preparing appetizing menus for our community. We love the interaction of our residents at meal time and we work hard to make every meal an enjoyable experience.

Received a Proper Tour!!

Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn community provides many activities on site and of site for the residents. There are a few amenities that are also provided like housekeeping and laundry service. During my tour everything was organized. The guide gave me all of the necessary information i needed and answered all of my questions.

Judy Brown

Thank you for touring Autumn Leaves and for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents.

We were very pleased with our tour. The facility is very clean, very organized and we loved all the windows to let in so much sunlight! Audrey [Removed] was very thorough and understanding of our fears and concerns. She helped us understand this is exactly what my Mom needs. Mom will feel very comfortable here we hope. The schedules and care for the residents was very evident. We hope this will be where Mom will go.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind comments.

Review of Autumn Leaves Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, Il

Visiting this facility it is the same as the Arlington Heights facility. Hit it off well with Patricia. As with their Arlington Heights facility this rate top of my list.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments regarding Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn.

Review of Autumn Leaves Of Glen Ellyn-Glen Ellyn, Il

Great Place

HI,
My name is Tamara Paradies and I am a Home Health Nurse for outside agency. I have provided services for various residents in this community since their doors opened one year ago. During this year, I have watch this community become one of the best memory care facilities around. The staff has always made me and my team feel welcome when we are in the building providing care. Thank you for a great year and allowing my team to provide service to your residents. Keep up the good work.

Judy Brown

We’re particularly happy to hear that you are pleased with Autumn Leaves. We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

A home for Dad

Our mother had past away and we found dad somewhat lonely and a little depressed. We thought a new environment with people and activities might brighten his outlook.
We visited several facilities and found all of them around the same price range but most of them a bit overwhelming in size and capacity. We didn't want dad to be lost in the sea of elderly residents.
Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn suited our needs for dad perfectly. It catered specifically for people with memory difficulties. All the residents had some stage of dementia or alzheimer, and the staff was well trained in how to handle each situation that could come up. The building was also specifically designed with memory loss residents in mind. From the warm homey feeling with beautiful furniture and woodwork, to its easy neighborhood layouts, to its special lighting to brighten up even the dearest days, to its fresh clean air, to the activities of fun and exercise, Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn is the best place for dad.
All the staff are always so welcoming and friendly from the management, to the loving caregivers, to the on the spot doctors and nurses. Dad is in good hands, safe and secure. We couldn't have made a better decision than to place him at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind review. We’re always thrilled to hear from family members who are pleased with the care we provide to their loved ones. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

We also really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

Volunteer Therapy Dog Duo at Autumn Leaves

I'm a Volunteer Therapy Dog Duo that visits Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn every Thursday morning. Since Chelsea & I are in constant motion, we've visited several other local facilities seeking visits to share our unconditional healing love. I am very connected to my dog & I know when she's happy & comfortable. At Autumn Leaves she's always excited to visit & she definitely feels at home there. I love our visits because the residents enjoy us & so does the staff. We are always greeted with a smile & great energy. Autumn Leaves is a very clean, friendly & fun facility. We participate in some of the activities & we enjoy each visit better than the last. We are blessed to be a part of the Autumn Leaves Family & we're honored to share our healing with the residents that are open to visits. The Staff is very caring to the residents individual needs which shows me they treat them as if they are their own family. Fabulous community of hard working, loving & caring souls.
Thank you for the opportunity to volunteer at your remarkable facility, we always look forward to our weekly therapy dog service.

Judy Brown

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! We are so very lucky to have you and your Therapy Dog. Hearing your positive comments truly makes our day. Thank you again for taking time to review.

A lovely facility with a caring staff.

A lovely facility with a very caring staff is what you will find at the Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn. As an outside service provider for hospice, my team has always been welcomed as an extension of the team with one goal in mind; the resident. Each time I visit, the residents are engaged in one activity or another and their caregivers are always right there with them. They speak with their residents appropriately and lovingly. I never question their dedication. The facility is cleaned several times and it shows! I do feel Autumn Leaves is one of the top Assisted Living Facilities in this area and worth taking a look at when the time comes.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care. And, we really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

Recommendation for Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn

After visiting several other facilities for our mother we all agreed Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn was the best spot for her to be. Like all relatives of Alzheimer patients we wanted the best care for mom. After interviewing with staff members we knew this was the place. We feel confident and feel at ease with her being at Autumn Leaves. We highly recommend anyone looking for that feeling of trust and love, this is the place.

Judy Brown

Finding a good memory care facility for your loved one

My husband has been at Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn for 9 mos and I am very pleased. At first it was so very hard for me to leave him here (and it still is sometimes!), but the staff, caregivers and others truly make it seem like a big family. They have taken very good care of him, and when I have concerns they are addressed immediately. All of the administration know the residents personally and take part in their care, also. Each month they have a "family dinner" for all, so I have been able to get to know many other of the caregivers. They also have a monthly support group for caregivers, which I attend and appreciate. I would definitely consider Autumn Leaves if you are in need of a good memory care facility.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you were pleased with Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn.

A good decision

The staff is wonderful, caring and knowledgeable! It is decorated like a nice hotel but more homey. The staff keeps the residents busy with numerous fun activities. The nurses are caring and very helpful to families of residents. I am very happy with Autumn Leaves.

Glen Ellyn Autumn Leaves is First Class

Autumn Leaves of Glen Ellyn is wonderful. Our uncle has been a resident since it opened and we couldn't be more please. Staff is professional & friendly. Facilities are immaculate, grounds are beautiful. They always make the whole family feel welcome. Great activities for the residents. It truly feels like a family there!

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind review. We’re always thrilled to hear from family members who were pleased with the care we provided to their loved ones.

A Warm Embrace

Excellent staff and care. We could not be happier with our experience here. These are difficult places to place loved ones. But you reach a point where you know it is the right decision to place them in the care of professionals, especially knowing that often times they are approaching the end of their lives. Autumn Leave of Glenn Elyn went beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone seeking comfort for their loved ones and themselves.

Judy Brown

When a family places a loved one in one of our communities, that involves a level of trust, and that’s something we never take for granted.

Autumn Leaves is amazing

I never thought I would have to look for a dementia home for a loved one. It was very difficult realizing family could not do it all and that my loved one needed more than what we could provide. Autumn Leaves made it a comforting transition. The caring staff is beyond words. I visit daily and I am always amazed at the compassion and knowledge I experience with the staff. It's hard to call them staff they are much more than that.