Lakeview Memory Care Community - Bloomingdale, IL

Lakeview Memory Care Community - Bloomingdale, IL has yet not published prices.

Very nice place but to advanced for my Dad.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for leaving Lakeview Memory Care Community a review and comment. I am concerned as the comments of a nice place do not match the 1-star rating. We do offer services for all care levels and wondering if your dad may not be quite ready for 24-hour licensed nursing. I hope you find the perfect place and if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

My aunt is a current resident of Lakeview Memory Care. I've been quite impressed in my experiences at this facility. For starters, the interior, the decorating and the atmosphere is all top notch. I really like how residents can furnish their rooms with as much or as little of their favorite furniture and mementos. This has been helpful for my aunt. Also, in my observations and interactions with the staff, I've found them to be compassionate, humane and professional, and they have treated my aunt and other residents like family. Highly recommended!

Koelsch Communities

Michael, thank you for the observations and the recommendation of Lakeview Memory Care Community. I am glad that you mentioned furnishings as this is your aunt’s home. We want her to be comfortable and surrounded by her memories with familiar furniture and mementos to cherish. We will discuss your compassionate, humane, and professional compliments during our next staff meeting as it is essential to reflect on the service we provide to all of our residents, loved ones, and families. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

Feeling the Love

I have looked at many places for my mother. We had her in another community and I finally was able to move her to this community. She is comfortable, clean and happy here!! The staff really knows and understands my mother's needs. I can see a big difference in my mom's mood and she is engaged in the activities. She has made friends and moves around the community with ease. I appreciate all that Lakeview has done for her. Thank you to the staff for all you do. I feel the love that the caregivers and staff provide to the residents.

Koelsch Communities

Chris, thank you for taking a moment and sharing your thoughts about Lakeview Memory Care Community and blessed to read that she is happy staying here. Our professional staff is attentive to the needs of our residents, and it is excellent news that you have witnessed a noticeable difference. I will pass along your compliments to the Active Living Director who manages a daily schedule of activities, events, and trips. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

manaegment poor

Don't let the looks of the place impress your choice to put your love one here. [name removed] will tell you everything you want to hear to make you think it's were they need to be for care.
He is just good at what does " Sales the place to you, and brings the money in " The personality you see in that office, changes once you have moved in.
If everything was as good as the sales pitch, it truly would be a nice place.
The major problem seems to be management, lack of communication from management to staff, and inconsistency of care.
Which brings up the next comments. Over the months that we have had our loved one there. They have a major problem of keeping staff. There has been major turn over, which bring inconsistency, which is not good for our love ones care. They need to see the same people that make them comfortable, and at home. So far I have only seen two Rn's that give the true meaning of the loving care you would what for you loved one. who actually take time, to listen, hug, scratch someone's back because she knew it would help calm him down. Even more, this two take time with families to inform you, show and so there compassion for your loved one. It truly wasn't just a job too them. You could see the love , and compassion they have for what they are doing. Which I must admit is no easy task. Unfornately I can't speak for all shifts as I work, and can only see what happens with the evening staff, Unfornately the good Rn's, and aids don't stay because from what I can observe ,and talking with other family member who have love one's here. They all seem to have the same complaint. Management, and the promise of how good the place is until you move your parent in.
I will not condemn other staff that work there. They are very nice, some more then others. But have witnessed first hand how the manager treats his employee's in front of residents, families, and other staff. I would think If was a employee working there, I would want to be treated with more respect. Maybe that's were a change needs to be made. "Management"

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for choosing Lakeview Memory Care Community to care for your loved one. I will ensure our nurses learn of all of your gracious compliments that show the compassion and care that we provide to our residents. In our industry staffing can be a challenge and we understand how essential the connections between caregiver and resident are. We will continue to hire and train staff that provides the best care and comfort to each resident. I would like to learn more about the management concerns and, we would be grateful if you would contact Eva, our Regional Director of Operations.

So Far So Good

My dad seems to be settling in nicely here. I feel that the staff here are very good with their residents, attentive, friendly and caring.
My dad is starting to take part in the activities and going to the dining room for his meals. There's lots of room for him to take his walks and I know he is safe here. I would recommend this community to those looking for a nice place.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for writing a review and recommending Lakeview Memory Care Community. We are happy to read that your dad is settling nicely and will pass along your compliments to our attentive, friendly, and caring staff. Interacting and socializing is important and our secure courtyards are excellent for walks. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

Mom seems to be doing alright being here. She is starting to interact and socialize with the other residents that are living here. The community is brand new so everything is very nice extremely clean. The staff is very good helpful and friendly. Considering that they are still new there are not a lot of residents there yet so the activities are limited the hope is once they start getting more residents than the activities will increase. Mom hasn't complained about the food so it must be good.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for writing a review about your mom’s care at Lakeview Memory Care Community. Interacting and socializing is important and happy to read that she is participating. I will pass along your comments to our Director of Activities and pass the compliments to our good, helpful, and friendly staff. Happy that the food is good and we appreciate the humor. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

Overall Pleased with this Community

Everything is working in the right direction for my mother since her move to this community. We are pleased with all they have done for us. She seems to be doing well, and I'am satisfied with her move to this community overall.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for spending a moment and writing a review for Lakeview Memory Care Community. I will pass along your comments to our teams. We are glad to read that your mother is doing well and that you are satisfied. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod, our Executive Director.

Overall it is good

The staff care for my mom pretty well. They are keeping her active and hydrated. This is a new community so it is very nice. They do still seem to be working out some of the kinks with communication between staff members. The activities person is very upbeat and knows everyone by name. Her room is nice and it shares a bathroom with the neighbor. They have doctors that come in and there are seven residents for each caregiver.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for spending a moment and writing a review for Lakeview Memory Care Community. Your feedback is appreciated, and we will continue to focus on better communication. I will forward your compliments to the Director of Activities. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod our Executive Director.

Enjoyable experience

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions that we had for them. It was just not the right choice for him in the end decision.

Koelsch Communities

Thank you for touring and writing a review for Lakeview Memory Care Community. I am glad to read your questions were all answered. We hope you found the perfect spot. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Rod our Executive Director.