Travanse Living at Wheaton - Wheaton, IL

Travanse Living at Wheaton - Wheaton, IL has yet not published prices.

Travanse

My mother wanted her own apartment and really needed Memory Care. The unit is set up perfectly for her- with some walking but not too much. The activities are fabulous and are geared for the client, although if the resident declines the activities, the staff respects their request. She does join in luckily. The caregivers are also wonderful and really get to know the ins and out of each client. The facility is in transition with a new cook (Oct-Nov), so for now the food is 'OK' . The Memory Care eats family style, which my Mother really likes.

I need someone to talk to

The apartments are very nice and so is the overall decor. There isn't much of an exercise area/gym; few machines; the family member we have there was assured there would be people he could converse with and it just isn't the case. Heis very alert, intellectual, well read and has a lot of life experiences and peoople there don'tremember him from one day to the next and he feels lonely. The activities are pretty mundane; the dining room has employee issues and the staff is working in the kitchen presently and helps w/serving as well. Not getting our money's worth but our family member is safe and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. These places need to find worthwhile activities who have all their faculties and are only in assisted living because they need physcial assisance. Our family member has no social life or friends because he is so much sharper than most.

Terrible Experience

Take heed families and friends of anyone whose loved one needs an assisted living facility. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE TAKE YOUR MONEY!!! The staff is a joke and the night nurses are a nightmare! The “helpers” are a hit or miss with regard to their ability and willingness to do their job and HELP, they can always be found sitting on a lounge couch on their phones and may look at you like a deer in headlights. The night shift nurses are a nightmare...slow, rude, condescending, and act like you are such a bother! Where is the “assist” in this assisted living farse?!? If your loved one is there PLEASE GO GET THEM OUT!!! It is a shame that a few a-holes can ruin what should be a comfort to you at a super difficult time with n life. BIG TlIME 👎

Very Nice new community. Rooms are very nice, one bedroom is currently $4,750 with price incentives through March 31st. Occupancy is around 42 residents at this time so maybe 50% occupied. Food looked very good. Staff (PALs)were young, possible turnover concerns. They stated there staffing is paid higher than other facilities to address those issues. The customer service advocate could not discuss levels of care pricing (tier pricing) until the evaluation was completed and the Social Worker and Nurse Practioner would complete that pricing after they meet and discussed the level of care needed. Fair but I would have liked some idea for planning. I did ask to schedule and evaluation so we can get the proper pricing for this facility.

Experienced Care Staff

I like how this place is newer, but it is not very filled up with other residents. It seems that it is very empty and it could use other people to make more of a variety. It can get fairly lonely at the capacity that it is in now. The positive side to this is that the staff has a better connection with its tenants. I like how the staff seems to be a little bit older compared to other places (30+) which, to me, they may have more experience. I was speaking to one of them and they were explaining to me how their mother is getting to that point where she needs help as well. They have staff members who can relate. When you're so young in other places, their care staff may not know how to deal with older people even though they might be trained. To me, the older they are the more experience they have being around a variety of people. Here they pay attention to the routine and get to know their patients.

Outstanding Care for a friend

We like this community. The staff is attentive and caring. I like that they keep me informed. The community is clean new and beautiful. The dining area is beautiful. the menu is appealing. I like knowing that she is getting involved with the activities and with the other residents. This community. This community is in a good area and closes for me to visit. We like everything that this community has to offer.