Lexington Health Care Center of Bloomingdale, - Bloomingdale, IL

Amazing place - I can only hope someone selects this facility for me if/when I need it

First and foremost, the staff is EXCELLENT. They have treated my loved one like she is family. In addition to this, they have treated ME like family as well. Knowing first hand what a horrible facility is like, it is a blessing that we moved our loved one here. The food is good and they always have several items available at all times if a patient is not interested in what the daily menu is.

The first thing I noticed is that nurse lights are attended to and in a timely manner. (The last facility we had our loved one in was a joke - note, another patient referenced the nurse lights as decoration as they were always on).

Second thing I noticed is how friendly the staff is. They get to know every patient and tailor accordingly. If a patient requires more, they do the best at providing. If a patient requires less, they still do their best to be attentive.

There's nothing sweeter then visiting my loved one and noticing her hair's been braided, or that she tells me she got X amount of hugs today. This is a true family environment. Enough to make me care about the staff as they too feel like family.

To anyone reading this, at the end of the day, ask yourself if you could do the jobs of the nurses, doctors, or CNA'S and still have a smile on your face. This staff does!!!

My only recommendation to anyone is to get to know those working here. You'll be appreciative the way I have!!!!❤

Excellent caring staff. The food was always hot and fresh. Excellent chef as all of the food is made right there on premises. The nurses and aides were very caring and attentive to our needs. Great therapy team. The facility is immaculate I would highly recommend this facility

Food really needs improvement

I give them a 3 only because they're understaffed and sometimes it take a little long to answer the lights. Also the food, the food is the biggest drawback. One, its very, very cheap food and it's brought in by another company and just heated up there and brought to the residents; however, some of the food tastes so bad some of the residents won't eat it. We've complained and complained about the food and it hasn't gotten any better. At one point they asked me to come into the kitchen to help but because of my health I just couldn't do it, I thought about it and I thought the computer has every recipe you can think of and all you have to do is a little research. A lot of his food his mexican based and they just don't like it, they give them plenty of fruit over there, but if they just did that one thing all the other things could get worked out because it's not that bad.

Have toured and we are on the waiting...

Have toured and we are on the waiting list

Since 1984, Lexington has been a part of the community helping to serve seniors throughout the Chicagoland suburbs. Our sub acute rehabilitation program is designed specifically for those individuals recovering from a hospital stay or recent surgery, requiring short term rehabilitation and/or skilled care. At Lexington, our program is designed with your goals in mind, to return you home as quick as possible. In the past year, we have successfully rehabilitated over 3500 patients in the Chicagoland area. In a recent satisfaction survey, 99% of the respondents said they were satisfied with the overall quality of the therapy received. We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy up to 7 days per week. Lexington is a leader in therapy outcomes. The average length of stay, percentage of goals met, and return to home rates exceed the Illinois and national average for skilled facilities. We also want your stay to feel like home. Our recent sub-acute remodeling features a completely separate unit designed for short term patients. Amenities include flat screen TV’s, electrical beds, wireless internet, cable, telephones, state of the art therapy gym, and personal choice dining. We offer private and semi-private rooms. For long-term intermediate and skilled nursing care, you’ll benefit from a staff of medical professionals who treat each resident with respect, and support the family, and are sensitive to the physical and emotional aspects of aging. We know that the key to great care is consistency of the staff taking care of your loved one. Our average tenure for nurses is 3 ½ years, and CNA’s is 2 ½ years.