Belmont Village Geneva Road - Carol Stream, IL

Nice & clean facilities. Love the “circle of friends” concept for those seniors with cognitive issues. This allows my mom & dad to stay together. We were there around lunch time. The dining room was packed with everyone enjoying each other! A bigger facility. Like their pricing structure.

Too small for us

Belmont Village Geneva Road was a clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. I saw that they were doing activities in the hallways and it seemed that the rooms were too small. We chose another community for our current needs.

So far, its excellent!!

My husband just moved in literally yesterday, but so far things have been going extremely well. They are very good at communicating. The nurse called me 2 times yesterday to update me on how he was going his first day. They have a variety of activities available, and I am looking forward to having this be a good experience.

Cheerful atmosphere. Caring and friendly staff. Weekly live entertainment. Plenty of activities.

Memory Care

Great atmosphere. Feels like a home. Staff very friendly and helpful. Show great concern for the well being of the patients. Great weekly entertainment programs for residents. Would recommend Belmont Village to anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

Nice Tour

We had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. The community appeared to be very well maintained. The staff was informative, and helpful. The experience was very nice one.

We were very happy with them.

Something that impressed me was the food. It sometimes would take 10-15 minutes to answer a call button like most places, so the response time maybe not quite as impressive. We really like the people and the atmosphere. They keep it clean and the people are friendly.

Bigger Community !!

I was a little overwhelmed by how big this community was when I had taken my tour. There was a lot of residents and because of how big it was my mom would have been separated into a group. I did notice that they did have a very high end menu and everything was very modern in the dinning room. It was just very expensive and not the right fit for my mother.

Tender Loving Care!

My mother is in the memory care unit at the Belmont Village and she likes it. The staff and caregivers tend to all of her needs as well as keep the place clean and well organized. My mom really likes the staff, she says they are always very nice and kind, they don't speak down to her. She is pleased with the food, they give her fish for lunch and dinner and they make her a sweet potato for lunch and dinner. We picked the place because when we visited, we noticed the staff interacted well with the residents and they were always kind. The only thing my mom has mentioned that she doesn't like is that they take her natural supplements and stuff from her room. I understand it is for her own good, but it's upsetting to her at times.

We toured this community 2 times. Marita is very accomodating. Very nice. They are very big on veterans here, which is wonderful. Love the sitting areas outside rooms.

Everyone feels like family !!

Everyone at this community feels like family, both the residents and the staff are all so welcoming and have had made my loved one feel right at home. They have an awesome memory care unit and a great administration team. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in need of additional care.

My mom is happy here

My mother has been a resident at this facility for a year and a half. I highly recommend Belmont Village Geneva Road. They provide excellent medical and emotional care for my mother. All of the personnel are very kind. The facility is always very clean, bright, warm and inviting. My mother likes living here, always says how everyone is so nice to her. She is safe and receives excellent care.

Larger facility with a bit of an institutional feel at some points in the building, but not in the living areas, where the apartments were located. That area was homey and vibrant. Lovely people throughout. There were a couple things that touched me greatly: 1. the receptionist - she cried with a resident when her family left. 2. the hallways were lined with the most beautiful photos of resident veterans. It took my breath away. I was so impressed! Even if you don't have a parent that needs a retirement home, it's worth a visit to see these photos. Large display that is so well-done, it looks like you are walking through a White House display. A must see!

Hidden Fees

My tour went very well at this facility. The community looked great. The staff was nice and friendly. They were kind and answered all my questions. They showed me everything around the facility. They offer nice activities daily. I wasn't very impressed with the contract, I felt it had many hidden fees. It is a nice community, just not the one for my father.

Overall a good place

A Fine Experience

So far things are going well for my father at Belmont Village he is starting to adjust well. I would have to say that the community looks nice and clean they do take good care of the community. The staff has been nice and kind and pretty helpful with everything. The food is pretty good and taste good. It been a fine experience for us so far I hope everything continues to go well for us here at Belmont.

Beautiful facility. All of our questions were answered. We felt very welcomed.

Seems very nice. Liked the executive director. We are considering it. The rooms are smaller than many other places, but it seems like the common areas are better utilized by many people and they encourage people to spend time outside their rooms.

This was a nice place and price was similar to Roberta's current home at Atria (formerly Sunrise) in Glen Ellyn.

They are doing a good job. The staff is great.

They are doing a good job. The staff is great. If there are any concerns, they call me right away. I haven't gotten any complaints about food. They have been right on top of everything, so I have to give them a five.

Great Assisted Living

I am very pleased with this facility. It has a nice roomy bedroom and a few activities. The staff are considerate and isn't their for just their paycheck which is awesome. So far hasnt had any problems and dont think we will and wouldnt have though second about this facility.

The staff takes a really personal guidance to each and every other person being their. Its not like the people work their just put them in a box figure of speech and let them be there. they actually care and want to make them feel welcome. The food is outstanding. The place is a little expensive but definitely worth the price for what you are getting.

Best place for your loved ones.

Their quality of care is a notch above the other options that are out there. It seems their care, attention to detail are very good and very happy overall, would recommend highly. The dining room staff is efficient and patient and the nutritious meals are delicious.

Great Assisted Living Facility

We have found Belmont Village to be an excellent place for assisted living. The helpers (Pals) are willing to be there whenever you need them. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is clean and friendly.

Fantastic place

They do a fantastic job at Belmont Village! I'd give them top marks across the board, we have no complaints at all. The staff is unbelievable, they are friendly and professional, and they've always got time for you. Everyone, both the residents and the staff, seem happy here. The facility itself is beautiful, well kept, and clean, and they serve some delicious food as well!

A Place That Really Cares

Belmont treated my parents well beyond my expectations for an assisted living facility. They truly treated them as people, got to know them, and had their best interests in mind throughout their stay.

Their quality of care is a notch above the other options that are out there. We visited several other facilities and their care, attention to detail, keeping the family informed, being so flexible, was, by far, much better than others. The old adage, "You get what you pay for" is true of Belmont in a good way. They really work with you to ensure the people living there are cared for and not a number.

I would definitely recommend this facility to others. If you have the ability to stay here, do it. They are more capable of handling your loved ones.

Great level of care!!

We looked at about a dozen assisted living facilities. We were not going to consider Belmont Village Carol Stream because it was not as close as others to our family. We were advised that it had a high level of care so we did and we are so glad. Mom has been there a month and a half and her strength is improving and she is happy with the change! The staff is great from sales to her pals, her major care givers. The therapists are so encouraging and the building is so clean and well maintained. Well worth the extra drive!!

Amy Self

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that we've been able to provide a positive experience for your Mom and family.

We were impressed with the atmosphere of the community.

This is one of the places we looked at when we were touring. The community was very nice. We were impressed with the atmosphere of the community. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a broad spectrum of activities going on while we were there. The staff that were over seeing the activities were very patient with the residents.

I liked Belmont Village. Ma...

I liked Belmont Village. Marie gave us a tour and answered our questions. Very open and airy facility. Looks like they will be able to meet my Dads nursing care needs. Staff has worked there awhile and all seemed very happy. I liked the Pals who worked with residents.

Did not like walking into d...

Did not like walking into dinning area not good lay out

Amenities exceed Mom's need...

Amenities exceed Mom's needs at this time. Facility is also WAY over the budget.

Stay away from this place

Horrible place. I have my mother here and have nothing but problems. Gets calls in the middle of the night for the smallest issues. End up driving out there in the middle of the night just because she has trouble sleeping. I mean who doesn't have trouble sleeping. Director is rude and she has a temper. I am looking to get her out.

Good Place to Live

A few things have impressed me about Belmont: their flexibility in helping couples where one member has memory issues and needs a higher level of care during the day, their interest in helping those with Parkinson's Disease, and their creativity, and their ability to get residents involved in a variety of activities.

Very nice facility. I like...

Very nice facility. I liked the different levels of memory care.

A happy, healthy place to live.

During the emotional time of deciding and then moving our parents out of their home to Belmont Village, we met some of the kindest, most caring staff who continue to be available to us to answer questions and offer support to not only our parents but my brother and me. Now that our parents have lived at Belmont for 3 months, they and we have become very fond of the staff and all the "Pals" who care for them and consider them our family, too. They are compassionate, kind and happy and greet our parents and us with a smile and a kind word, even after being called many times to come to help them. The dining room staff is efficient and patient and the nutritious meals are delicious; we join our parents often for lunch or dinner. Visiting our parents at Belmont Village is a happy occasion!

My mom moved in March 1, 2014. We a...

My mom moved in March 1, 2014. We are so happy with Belmont, and the wonderful staff. The pals are so kind, and caring they have made her adjustment there go very smoothly. I am very pleased with all the supportive staff who make my mom feel like Belmont is her new home. Belmont offers all kinds of daily activities that the residents can be involved in. The dining hall is very welcoming and the menu has a large selection to choose from. We are thankful we have my mom in a place where she is cared for treated with respect, and shown so much love and kindness by all the staff. Thank you everyone at Belmont for making it a great place for our loved ones.

A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE

We took my Mom to live at Belmont Village. She has received first class treatment from the time she walked in the door. The staff is very loving & supportive and they work very hard to help new residents adjust to their surroundings. They have many activities to keep the residents fully engaged. The food is excellent! I know we made the right choice when we took my Mom to Belmont.

The Right Choice

My Uncle was brought to Belmont Village in December after my wife and I viewed several other facilities. I cannot express how happy we are that he is in their care. I've seen a marked improvement in his physical posture brought on by the excellent PT staff that works with him. His PALS take great care of him and his cat which in turn makes his quality of life so much better. He's happy, extremely well cared for physically, mentally and nutritionally. If you have a family member that you love and care for, Belmont Village is the place where they belong. The entire staff shows nothing but respect and care for the residents. I can sleep at night knowing my Uncle is in great hands. I highly recommend Belmont Village in Carol Stream.

Original information is vague and misleading.

When you are looking around and trying to make a choice you're getting one set of information until your loved one is there. Then suddenly the care needs are more and there will be extra charges. I thought the staff provider was going to be there but they only check on residents once an hour. The staff to resident ratio is not good. They are clean and friendly but the response time can be slow when pressing a call button. The communication isn't as great as I would like. The food is excellent. There are activities going on, but really some of the things that need to be improved are important.

I'm Very Pleased!

It's my mom that's there and I'm very pleased with Belmont. The cost is equitable to other places. I don't know exactly but from what I've seen they're pretty much the same as most places, price-wise. I like the fact that they don't just leave people in their rooms. They do things with the people there. Improvement wise, I know there's always room for improvement but I honestly can't think of any ways Belmont could improve off the top of my head.

Nice

It was nice. The cost was high but it was comparable to the other places. It was a little far from us but it was nice. They were among the three finalists of places we were looking at.

Beautiful Residence

Beautiful Residence

Good Timing

We ended up picking Belmont Village because they were offering us a better value. We were able to take advantage of their long term deal. It was a really good value when it came to the price versus the services they were offering, when compared to other communities it was just the best offer at the right time.

My sister rated 1st in her ...

My sister rated 1st in her touring this past week. We are looking for a place for Mom to stay for the rest of her life. We are now looking for a supportive living situation.

Very Spacious and Accomidating

I chose this community because of combinations of things, one being the reasonable price. The community is really nice and well kept. The staff is great and really goes above and beyond to accommodate the residents. I had looked at about 6 or 7 community and the one that was comparable was about $1,000 more then Belmont Village. This community was really the best value. The food is really good and it is a restaurant style setting with a large menu. If you want something special you just talk to the staff and they do their best to accommodate.

Visited Fri. 5-24-13 with m...

Visited Fri. 5-24-13 with my husband. Nice, but unsure the price covers all the care mom needs.

10 year old facility, very good condi...

10 year old facility, very good condition. Originly a "skilled" facility meaning they facility was built for different standards. Wide hallways, handrails, emergency call buttons in bathrooms. Liked the kitchenet idea. large studio a good size room, several to choose from. Therapy room with managed programs. plenty of gathering areas. Meals at set times. Can't eat meals in room unless sick. Can have food in room. Not coneected with CDH but they have Dr.'s that routinely visit. Very plesant place, no oder issues.

We liked this facility alot for a num...

We liked this facility alot for a number of reasons. Very cheerful and alot to offer their residents.

welcoming, spotless, vibrant tour gui...

welcoming, spotless, vibrant tour guide, apartment 340 sq ft light and airy. menus great, no hidden fees,24/7 nursing, aides everywhere, cheerful decor, nice window views, balconies to sit in, lots of flowers, beautiful landscaping, lots of activities

nice

nice

loved guide.

loved guide.

Belmont Village Geneva Road is located in the greater-Chicago area, on farmland north of Wheaton, in the Village of Carol Stream. So as you might expect, assisted living residents of Belmont Village have easy access to all the amenities of a cosmopolitan city plus the comforts of the warm and friendly small-town community.

The quaintness of downtown Wheaton offers places to shop, worship, eat, or just sit for a relaxing afternoon of people watching. Also convenient to residents and their families, GlenOaks Hospital operates a senior-focused primary care facility on the Belmont campus. The distinctive interior of Belmont is welcoming and homey. And an industry-leading, expert management team, supported by a well-trained and responsive staff, guides the programs and services to ensure each resident is cared for in a safe and comfortable environment.