Sunrise of Bloomingdale - Bloomingdale, IL

Seems very nice.

Sunrise of Bloomingdale is by far the most outstanding facility. Their management and staff are very friendly and provide the best care for my Dad. They have not only helped my father but myself as well with any questions or guidance needed. The food is fantastic as well. I'm am very pleased with this facility and would highly recommend them.

Gracious, Warm, and Helpful

We are very happy so far with Sunrise of Bloomingdale. I can literally walk there from my house, and we have found the staff to be very warm, gracious, and as helpful as they can be; not only to my loved one, but to me and the rest of the family as well. I would absolutely recommend this community to others.

Everything is Good

My father is doing really well since moving here. Everything seems to be going well for him. He is happy and enjoys living there. She likes the staff and the other residents. He likes the food very much. We have no complaints with this community

Very nice community

We took a quick tour of the Sunrise of Bloomingdale. We had to find a place quickly so that we could transition our loved one's care from the hospital into a community that would be a good fit. The staff was very friendly and helpful and explained what their community could provide for the care of my uncle. It is a very clean and beautiful community. We chose another community that was a better fit for our budget.

A nice tour for care.

I toured this community and the marketing personal was very helpful to my to questions on the community. I liked the size of the community. They offered activities. I think that families should tour this community for the value and the help that is available.

My visit

This community was our second choice. They seem to offer some nice amenities. The staff I met were knowledgeable. This community charges for each individual service needed. We were looking for a more all inclusive community.

No complaints so far!!

I have no complaints on how things are going so far since my loved one has made the move into this community. The staff have all been friendly and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing him. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

I had a pleasant tour...

When I toured Sunrise, it was where I wanted my mother to go originally. The reason we chose otherwise was because all they had available at the time was a studio apartment on the second's floor and it was not the best layout for her wheelchair. Everyone there was nice and it was close to my home, but I found another community that fit her needs a little better.

Nice Tour, but to Far For Us

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind, and friendly to my family, and myself. The community appeared to be well-kept. It was a pretty nice experience, but the location was just to far for us to travel.

Mom Loves It Here

My mom loves the community and she has been doing good. Everybody is concerned and caring to the residents. She likes the activities like wine and cheese nights. She has gone to the mall for a fun lunch. The community is clean and I get good communication from the staff. I would recommend them to my family or friends.

Attentive Staff!

When i took a tour of this place i really liked the new positive atmosphere. The community had various common areas. I liked how the tour guide showed me some available rooms, the activities place and dinning area. I thought everything was well presented to me. The attention that the tour guide provided to me was positive.

The Staff Need To Be More Attentive!

The community has nice staff and my loved one seems to be adjusting pretty well. I don't really like that there have been a few events that my loved one has not been able to engage in because the staff are not assisting in taking them to the events. My loved one would like to go to Sunday mass but staff again doesn't help. The community overall is nice and has a lot to offer but, the staff need to start paying more attention.

Sunrise Senior Living

Great Property !!

The staff was very friendly during our tour and gave my loved one and I lots of useful information about there community. All of the residents seemed to be enjoying themselves and where involved in different activities.

Everyone staff and residents are very friendly! My mom just moved in one month ago and she has made friends and everyone know her name and makes her feel at home! I wish they had more care givers because my mom feels rushed when she needs help because the care givers has to get to the next resident. Sunrise has activities all day long it is wonderful! I love to walk in and there are always residents enjoying themselves and look happy!!!!!

5 Stars All the Way!!

Everything has been going great for my father since he moved to the community. He enjoys his meals they are healthy and well prepared. I really like the combination of everything in the community. It feels like he is in a 5 star hotel that's the way he see's it. Activities are offered and it's also very safe.

Beautiful, clean, and friendly environment. The Sunrise facilities look like Southern Belle mansions. The sunroom with its comfy chairs is a happy place for seating all year round and the rocking chairs that line the front porch are quaint. I can really see my mom using these areas. Snacks are available all the time and the dining room is so inviting. All in all its a lovely place. I'm really leaning toward Sunrise in Bloomingdale.

Extremely welcoming & homey. My kids even felt that this was the place for grandma & love to visit her there. Everyone truly seems to want to know how to best care for her and are uplifting & positive. We thought it was going to be a tough decision but instead was an obvious one without a doubt.

I am very happy with sunrise so far.

I am very happy with sunrise so far. Everything I have seen has been top notch. It's kept pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't have any major complaints at this time.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at Sunrise of Bloomingdale, we're entirely satisfied with the care and services that they provide. Out of all the places we saw Sunrise of Bloomingdale had the best caregiver to resident ratio, and the amount of individual attention that each resident receives is top notch. All of the residents I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about the meals, staff, and activities.

good

My friend who we placed at Sunrise of Bloomingdale was only there for a few weeks before being transferred out. They were good for the most part but there were a few areas for improvement. One area where they could improve would be to have better proactive communication with the families. They did a really good job providing for the individuals needs though, and they try their best.

The Sunrise of Bloomingdale has been ...

The Sunrise of Bloomingdale has been a good experience. My loved one is happy there. The people are friendly, and the facility is very clean. Overall the services are good.

Sunrise is beautiful. Staff...

Sunrise is beautiful. Staff very friendly. Very homey. Everyone seems very happy!

Good care services

They’re able to offer all the care services that we need. There is enough parking. The staff is very friendly. The level of cleanliness is good. They’re a bit on the expensive side to my perception.

If You Can Afford it this place is Great

In a nutshell my review is if you can afford this place it's great. The service was good to great. My mom went into this place suffering from severe dementia and after a few months moved off their "memory unit" (the floor designated for the clients least able to care for themselves and after a year she was doing really well. We couldn't afford the expense though and I had to take her out. Luckily I found a family member to have her move in with and if she hadn't had the stay at Sunrise she never would have been in shape to be able to do that. My only complaint is that they never miss a chance to charge you for just about anything. Also, I liked the director of the memory unit floor a bit better than the one for the other unit, although I suppose it's natural the memory unit was more expensive and they had less clients and hence more time for each client.

I think the price is very high, but I...

I think the price is very high, but I guess it's comprable to the others, and you get a lot for it. I would rate the food as a 4. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good - but every time my loved one didn't like something, they always offered and brought her something else. We're still ironing out who in the family gets called first if anything happens, but the staff is calling, so that's good. I think they did a great job at creating a home-like environment. They are also great at getting my loved one to participate in the activities that they offer - she goes to everything!

Great place for my parents

The staff has been so helpful getting my parents their apartment. Everyone is very friendly, which makes the transition less stressful. They are very knowledgable about what care is appropriate and making sure it is a good fit for the residents. It was quite easy to get everything taken care of and set up so my parents could move in. I have peace of mind knowing my loved ones are in a great place.

Loved It

I loved that, in fact it was too nice for my mother it was so nice. It was elegant. I liked it the best because of the sales manager, Lindsay, she and I bonded really well. She introduced me to everybody who assisted with every facet of care. Even the chef, who was an amazing gourmet chef. Food plans and menus every day. I would move here just for the menus! It was that good. The facility looked like a three story Victorian house. Very beautiful with a big wrap around porch. Recessed so far back from the road and so surrounded by trees. Very peaceful. For my mother, if she would have been in her right mind, and had we had enough money, it would have been amazing. More of their patients were a younger demographic. 60's and 70's. My mother was almost 93. She was in diapers. She would have been on the third floor locked down dementia unit, so she wouldn't have gotten to enjoy anything about the place.

Remodeling

I think they were having some remodeling done. That was an issue because it might have been noisy. I think it was just a little bit more, money-wise, than the place we chose. I felt that they would have done as many things with the residents here but I can't say for sure because my mom never lived there.

High Care Needs

This placed turned out to be for people with higher care needs. Maybe if my mom was in poorer health it would have been a better fit.

Mom is Happy!

I think the place is phenomenal. It's a friendly and wonderful community. At first my mother was extremely apprehensive about going there and it took her a few weeks to settle in but now she loves it. She loves the activities like bingo and bunco and they take them on field trips. My mother has gone on several of those. She's happy, she's smiling, and she's sociable which she was not before Sunrise.

Warm inviting place. Smalle...

Warm inviting place. Smaller so I feel like my mom would not get lost in the shuffle. A little more assisted than I think she needs, but it would make me feel like she was in good hands as she makes the transition. Much more expensive, but you are paying for that service.

Very nice community that wo...

Very nice community that would clearly be able to meet all of my mom's needs. There were a lot of people in the common areas which is a plus. However, the cost is pretty high and my mom would run out of money in a few months and have to move again.

Wonderful, well educated and professional staff

We chose Sunrise because of their location; it is very convenient for our family. The staff is just wonderful. They are very educated and very professional. With this community we knew what we were getting the price. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to anyone. (Can not rate activities because do not know if loved one is participating)

Visited Fri. 5-24-13 with m...

Visited Fri. 5-24-13 with my husband and know the price covers all the care mom should need, but think the prices are outrageous.

Assisted living apts. Pets are allowed.

Assisted living apts. Pets are allowed.

very nice, will visit again when my b...

very nice, will visit again when my brothers are in town

We also like this facility alot. We ...

We also like this facility alot. We took my mother-in-law there to have dinner and give her a tour. For the little while she was there she seemed to like it.