Atria of Forest Hills - Forest Hills, NY

Very welcoming and personal. The spaces both indoors and outside were lovely and inviting. All the staff were friendly. Will continue to explore the possibility of this residence.

Fun Amenities!!

I had a great tour of this community and was pleased with how welcoming the staff where to my loved one and I. They had a great floor plan that was east for my loved one to navigate through with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall it was more of a location issue for my my family and I.

Atria is a lovely, well-maintained, clean and modern residence with many daily activities and amenities for the residents. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious.

Great Community

This is a very nice community, but unfortunately I can not live here with my wife. So I will have to move, but this is a lovely community. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Everything looks great. I like the staff, they are very kind, and friendly. I wish I could continue to stay here, it is a great facility. I would highly recommend it.

Very nice place!

The staff here was wonderful despite the few little things that happened. The staff was great and very helpful with my loved one. The food was great and healthy. They have a lot of activities that keep the residents busy. The community was clean and neat at all times.

Very nice place

I think they do a great job at Atria of Forest Hills! The management staff are extremely helpful, and they were a huge help throughout the whole process. The facility itself is very nice, well kept, and clean. They take good care of the people here!

Looking for a place for a friend

Nancy Hayes was amazing and so compassionate.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a great job at Atria of Forest Hills! We were really impressed by what we saw during our tour, and the sales woman that we worked with was absolutely phenomenal. She really advocated for us in terms of both the price of the unit as well as getting us a room that suited his needs.
The staff here have all been very friendly, and they take great care of the residents. Our loved one really seems to have a new lease on life, he is meeting all kinds of new people and participating in lots of activities!
The one area I think they could improve in would be their transition program for new residents. There wasn't really any sort of orientation, and Dad has been learning as he goes.

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place. The common areas weren't quite as impressive as some other places we had seen, but overall It is clean and well kept, and the people here all seem very friendly.

Very friendly, welcoming community!

Things have gone very well at Atria of Forest Hills! I feel like they do a great job introducing new residents to the community. They set Mom and the other new people up with a few residents who had been at the community a while, so the new people all got to know each other and also got introduced to the long term residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff take great care of everyone who lives here!

Nice place, overall

So far everything has gone well with Atria of Forest Hills! It's a nice looking, clean facility, the staff are very friendly, and they seem to take great care of the people who live here. They are definitely worth a look for families looking into senior care in the area!

What you see is fabulous, but there is more to consider.

The initial impact was fabulous! Working with the staff, the appearance, what they offered, the food, the cleanliness, everything in living was more than a five, it was excellent. What we knew about and should have given more thought to, was that they don't take medicaid, when you run out of money you have to move them. There is a rent fee, and a level of care fee, so when they see what level of care they are at they determine what level of price they will be at. When the level of care goes up the price will go up so you have to know that you will be able to still afford it, or they will have to move. For the first two weeks or month they take them around, and up and down the elevators, but after that they are on their own. Of course you can pay for an escort to take them up and down the elevator, but there is an extra charge. They didn't come and visit my loved one when they had to go to rehab, and they told me they would. When you first come and visit they bend over backwards and they go all out, it's just fabulous. They don't have physical therapy there, they don't have it there so you would have to go out of the facility to get that. They don't have skilled nursing there. They have standard safety measures, cords and things, and they have beautiful outdoor terraces, and they keep the residents constantly busy, that part is fabulous. If you are independent and don't need much help then they are fabulous, but even then eventually your care needs will go up and you may have to move.

Disappointed with the food which is f...

Disappointed with the food which is fair, somewhat institutional.

The new director has a cold personality, not what you expect from a director at a assisted living facility.

They need to add more activities for the residents.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review; we always appreciate feedback from our families as they can provide valuable insight to how we can improve. We welcome you to share your suggestions on how we can improve the dining experience and activities you would like to see on the calendar. If you are willing or feel we can be of further service to your family, please reach out via [removed] and if you would kindly include “Atria Forest Hills” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and happy to serve.

As good as it gets!

Not only is this a place with class and style, but the staff seemed to work well with each other. The employees were treated well and they in turn showed cooperation and respect for others. I like this "mutual admiration society" kind of feel in the place. I picked the Atria, Forest Hills because it seems a home that I wouldn't mind living in. I think they are activity-driven as well. I even met one of the doctors there and she was as conscientious as you get! I think I made a good decision choosing the Atria.

Pat Connolly and staff run ...

Pat Connolly and staff run a tight ship. I like the decor. The people working there seem to enjoy their work. Nice community close to the city.

We liked the facility.

We liked the facility. They were very helpful and accomodating. During the move in process we were getting cable and phone installed and we couldn't be there but they were able to take care of it, so I would say they are pretty acommodating.

It is a lovely place full o...

It is a lovely place full of people who seem very old and handicapped. I am still very active and do not think I could be happy there.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I’m very sorry that you were not able to meet our most active residents. I hope that you will consider visiting us again soon and perhaps joining us for one of our great events. We are happy to send you a calendar of activities any time, or you may sign up to receive a monthly link via email on our website at www.foresthills.com. I encourage you to contact us with any questions at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. Also, if you are interested in any of our sister communities on Long Island, please let us know so that we can connect you with someone who can help.

The Atria at Forest is a won...

The Atria at Forest is a wonderful place, my client enjoys the tour. Ms. Reinhardt was patient and took the time to address all concerns my client had.

My sister and I were very impressed w...

My sister and I were very impressed with Atria and the information provided by director.

Director was wonderful and I really l...

Director was wonderful and I really liked the setting.

3 meals, order, plenty, laundry, hous...

3 meals, order, plenty, laundry, housekeeping, vacuum, change beds, music, art, cards, theme parties, driver, theater, active, in house, all utilities except TV & telephone

liked alot, clean, open friendly. acc...

liked alot, clean, open friendly. accepts insurance

Atria Forest Hills offers a relaxing retirement experience enhanced by exceptional care and service from our professional staff. Tour our art gallery, listen to a concert performed by Julliard students, socialize with neighbors, or enjoy a trip to the beach. We are conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, theaters, and places of worship.