Brandywine Living at Savoy - Little Neck, NY

Brandywine Living at Savoy - Little Neck, NY has yet not published prices.

The Best

My mom lived at the Savoy for 3 years. During that time, we got to know many of the staff. They are wonderful people. The care they showed really helped. A smile, knowing our names and their dedication are unsurpassed.

I cannot say enough good things about the Savoy. Everyone looking in this area should check them out

My mother has been a resident in Brandywine for two months. She consistently states how friendly and helpful the staff are, how nice the other residents are and how much she enjoys the activities. The only draw back is not having outdoor grounds for the residents to independently enjoy. I agree with her assessment each and every time I visit,

Smiles Everywhere

My mom was a resident the last year of her life. The care was extraordinary. The staff has continual smiles on their faces and always willing to help. The medical care is attentive, prompt and any issues immediately communicated to me. When my mom was sick the staff always looked in on her and called me with any new recommendations. My mom made a few friends at the home and enjoyed their company. Her unit was always clean. I trusted all the staff in this facility and when I was away, I knew my mom was in good hands.

Dedicated to high quality resident care

Dementia affects everyone differently. My Mother was upset by her loss of time and place, reclusive, and frequently in tears until she moved to Brandywine. Thanks to the highly skilled and well trained caregivers who immediately established a rapport with her, she settled into a routine that calmed her, reassured her and comforted her. The tears went away. She trusted her caregivers to guide her through the day. She was soon participating in many activities - morning exercise class, jewelry making, even painting. She never missed the weekly social with live entertainment and enjoyed the music. The entire staff is dedicated to providing high quality resident care. They always made time to discuss Mom’s needs and address any of our concerns.

Traveling even a short distance was difficult for Mom. At Brandywine everything she needed was on site. Her doctor visited Brandywine weekly and saw residents as needed. A podiatrist made monthly rounds.The mobile dentist brought a fully equipped office on site, providing excellent, affordable care. Many diagnostic and medical tests could be done on site. Even banking and boutique shopping was available.

If you want the best possible care for your loved one, explore Brandywine. Life there is beautiful.

Did not work for us

The staff at this expensive community did not seem to be very attentive. My sister fell twice when she lived here for about a month. You have to be down at a certain time for meals. We did not have the best experience with this community.

Mom's Living Large

Seems to be really a wonderful place for our Mom. Mom is busy all day ,and to us that means a lot ,because we hated her sitting alone in an apartment. The staff is friendly and they know my Mom by her name ,this makes us ,feel like it was the best for her. We see her whenever we want ,the staff is always on hand to help, can't say enough about how it has helped our family ,we see a difference in our Mother,she likes going home ,and that makes us happy. They dance play games ,she gets her hair and nails done ,I would say she is loving it .

Great Place

Having never visited an Assisted Living facility before, I had no idea what to expect. That said, 2 years later, I have been very impressed by the care, overall cleanliness, food, but most importantly the staff. They are engaged, encouraging, interacting and seem to be genuinely happy to be working there. They try to get the residents involved in their many activities which include exercise and art classes, music, movies, card and other games bingo, entertainment and special events and day trips. Also, their chocolate chip cookies are great. I highly recommend Brandywine.

Nice looking place!

Looked like a nice place

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place overall, it was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed friendly and professional. This was a large community, and had more of a hotel feel than a homey feel in many areas. Although it was nice it was also one of the more expensive options I saw while touring.

Lucky to find respite at Brandywine

I was very lucky that Brandywine at the Savoy had room for me on short notice. I am 68 years old and my co-op apartment building had a catastrophic electrical fire. It would be months before the apartments would be re-built, and I was looking for a safe and convenient place to live temporarily. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and require a walk-in shower. After a week at a hotel, I remembered Brandywine from looking for assisted living communities for my parents. Fortunately, Brandywine had a “respite” apartment available. The staff went out of their way to ensure that I had an appropriate desk and chair for my computer set-up, that my bed was comfortable, that the bathroom had grab bars in place so I did not slip and fall, etc. Brandywine is a family-friendly, safety-conscious, and resident-centered community, and I am happy to be here.

Looked here prior to pickin...

Looked here prior to picking the Bristal. More expensive & didn't care for it for various reasons at the time.

We like the whole warmth of the environment.

So far, it's been good. The staff was a ten, that is why we chose them, the staff and the cleanliness. We like the whole warmth of the environment. The food is excellent! The caliber of care there is wonderful as well.

Could not have asked for better help

Brandywine's staff could not be more helpful and pleasant. When I walked into the building I felt like this was home for my Mom - she was always a wonderful decorator and this is a place she could have decorated herself - she said the same thing when she walked in - she felt she was at home

It was kind of dingy and expensive

One activity they had the residents doing looked unsafe making them balance. It seemed like there was no room for them. It was kind of dingy and expensive.

The facility was not very '...

The facility was not very 'bright' and the elevator left the impression it is on its last legs.

Very nice but he needs a nu...

Very nice but he needs a nursing home.

Warm, comfortable, caring environment

From the moment you walk in to Brandywine, you get a warm, homey feeling. It is a combination of the place and the people. Not only do all the staff greet you, and know all residents by name, but the residents come over to talk to you and welcome you to their home.

There are a variety of apartments to meet the needs of both individuals and couples. The dining room is lovely and the food selection is varied and again offers something for everybody. They have a very nice selection on a menu that is always available, and then daily selections.

My family member will be moving in this week, but we have been there multiple times in the planning, and the staff, particularly Susan Cohen, has been supportive, helpful, but not pushy - just the right amount of help and encouragement.

Excellent and thorough tour given by ...

Excellent and thorough tour given by Susan I loved her caring and thoughtful manner with my father.

Studio is 3900 but care is over and a...

Studio is 3900 but care is over and above. Companion suite for 3200-3400 plus care.

The residence is very nice.

The residence is very nice.

a good fit for my father-in-law. Lots...

a good fit for my father-in-law. Lots of residents with pep in their step. Population is 1/3 male and average age of all residents is 82-84. Close to shops and major highways. Very impressed with director who made us feel very welcome. Dining Room is on lowest level. Residents are restricted to same table each meal which could be a negative, although you can request a change of table. Room size was adequate. Residents wear emergency beepers around their neck. One year lease required, although we were told leases could easily be broken.No discount for veterans.Nice kitchenette in each unit we visited. Large bathroom with shower and shower seat installed. No daily tidy service. Population is 50% Christian/50%Jewish.

3/29/11-visited with mom. Nice staff....

3/29/11-visited with mom. Nice staff. Thought medium studio best option and probably Level 4-5; No garden or green area. Best for price.

lovely visit.Director very helpful. a...

lovely visit.Director very helpful. attendants helpful to residents.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at The Savoy is ideally situated in Little Neck, New York, on the Queens/Nassau border and right off the Long Island Expressway. The famous shopping districts of Manhattan and the shimmering lights of Broadway are just minutes away.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
At The Savoy the fun never ends. Their Card Sharks Program, offered in the café, is hugely popular, and Center Stage Entertainment, Karaoke Nights are also favorites. In fact, The Savoy offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at The Savoy, as with all of Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.