Sutton Gardens Assisted Living - Flushing, NY

small facility. reminds me alot of [removed]. feels cramped a bit but good care reputation

Sutton gardens

I have to start by saying Sutton gardens is truly a small unique facility from my first impression I did not care about the looks but the administrator is what sold the place for me to bring my aunt there. On a desperate Thursday afternoon I was able to speak to the administrator to get my aunt out of the Er all weekend until her move on Monday. I was very nerves but I know I made the right choice. The aides are very nice and social and I am happy [name removed] and I crossed paths because it’s not a company based facility she still texts me pictures and texts me to say everything is going well

I really like the people running the facility and size of the facility, the attention paid to the residents is lovely and everyone seemed to be genuinely caring . I have some concerns however that the awareness of the residents is so much lower than my mom’s and I really think she would decline faster as she is not at a non-social stage and still very high functioning. That said, it is definitely an option for the future should we get to that point as i truly believe my mom would be well taken care of.

This place was the worst, most depressing place I have ever seen. It was really shabby and smelled horrible.

Care

My husband has Alzheimers and has been in Sutton Gardens for 3 years.

It is a smaller facility, very clean and cozy. My husband and the other resident get very good care from very pleasant and patient staff. This has and is a very emotional situation, I’m extremely grateful to the administrator, nurse and staff for helping me with this situation. My husband is now part of the Sutton Gardens family, which truly is his family at this point and I at peace that he is safe and well taken care of now!

[name removed]

Reasonable Pricing for alot of Care.. Check this place out!

Great Assisted living facility. Staff cares about their residents and they have a great administrator and a nurse. High level of care for reasonable prices!!

You should give this place a call today!!!!

A community for options

We toured this community for my mom's care. We did like the staff. We did not see the menu of the meals. This community was not what we wanted due to they did not have separate restrooms for privacy. Families might want to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice tour

We toured the Sutton Gardens Community. The staff was friendly and helpful explaining what they could provide for our loved one. It was a clean facility, an older establishment. We chose another community based on our loved one's care needs.

Respite Care

My mom did well here during her respite stay. The staff was attentive and friendly and all in all, there were only a couple of issues that I had to point out and those were addressed right away. The community was nice and we did like taking her outside on one of our visits.

A New Community To Settle In

My brother is still getting adjusted and it would be helpful to get updates. However they make sure he is eating and he was playing bingo when a visitor stopped by. He joins the exercise class too. He is trying to do things on his own and they are teaching him to be a little more independent with the small things.

A good move

I am very pleased with the care my husband is receiving at this community. He has improved since moving into Sutton Gardens. The staff are patient. This is a smaller community so he receives more personal care. The food is good and the meals are sufficient. The community is clean and there is a good mixture of residents. I am comfortable with him living here and I would recommend this community.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about the stay my father has had at this community. He has had no issues with the food and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time. I am very comfortable with the quality of care the staff have been providing him and like that he feels safe in his living environment . I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Great quality of care!!

My aunt was only at this community for a short time, but while she was there I was happy with the experience she was able to have. The staff where very cooperative with working with our family and where flexible on making accommodations to better assist our needs. The property was beautiful inside and out and the housekeeping team does a great job with maintaining the cleanliness of the facility. Overall it was a pleasant time and I would recommend this place to anyone.

The residents were mostly out of their rooms and engaged is some kind of activity. The staff was attentive. The facility is very basic, but the location is very easy to get to for me. Not sure if this is the right place for my mother since she does not have dementia or Alzheimer's but is debilitated due to stroke.

very friendly

I was very happy the way the staff handle themselves in every way. The first talks was about how they can care for my aunt not about money. They handled themselves in that manner right to the end. We settled the final bill in a very friendly, fair and honest way. If I need a home again I will go there.

My parents were happy there.

A good community for my father. He is taken care of by a great staff who go above and beyond in the care he needs. The activities are great for him to stay active. He is eating the food he is offered. This is a good community. I would recommend this community for great care for loved ones.

Caring staff

Thank you to all the staff at Sutton Gardens for making it the warm and caring environment that it is. They are aware and responsive to his unspoken needs.

Worth a close look for individual care!

Small,warm and friendly. Sutton Gardens is an enhanced care facility...it has a great resident to patient ratio, which provides safe and individual care and concern. The facility itself is a bit old but is well maintained! The heart is in the staff ...from Administration, the resident caregivers to the building maintainers and...let's not forget the Chef! Thank You to a Great group of people.

Warm Caring Place for my Father

Sutton Gardens is a wonderful caring place. My father is there and he is well taken care of. The staff is so caring and the admin is a pleasure to deal with.

Thank you Sutton Gardens!

A PLACE LIKE HOME

GREAT SMALL ENVIRONMENT WITH CARING STAFF

lovely palace

Great Place to secure a caring environment for your love one. I have nothing but kind word to express to every staff member.

Poor management

On my experience with Sutton Gardens, I have a notice the times I visited my relative that some of the workers taking care of the patients had the aroma of illegal drugs on their clothes. How can u take care of the elderly under the influence of illegal drugs? Im glad my relative no longer resides there. It has poor supervision of the workers in this area. I would not recommend anyone to put family members in there care.

Caregivers Sutton Gardens Can Help

My experience with Sutton Gardens has been very positive. As many of us caregivers have experienced, our loved ones are not always the easiest to work with. At least this was my case. My Uncle, after a period of time in a hospital for depression went to Sutton Gardens. The director spent many hours with my Uncle, having interesting discussions about life. This was very helpful for my loved one. I found the staff to be very caring and most important no matter how busy they were they always took the time to listen to their residents and always treated them respectfully. Since the place is not large it has a cozy family home feeling. Sometimes you can feel helpless as you try to help your loved one through their last years, Sutton Gardens is there to help you. You will have peace of mind knowing your loved one is safe and not alone. I hope my thoughts are helpful as you search for a place for your loved ones.

Blessing

Where do I start this place is a blessing from Heaven! I met with the administrator Jennifer who was very personable and attentive I did not feel rushed during the tour as the conversation went on I can see she cares! When dealing with the staff after lunch I noted that they were also very pleasant. My uncle will be moving there and so far I'm pleased though the process. Jennifer received many calls from me being I'm a nervous wreck and she has been pleasant and taken my calls and texts through the process so far.

Great place

I don't leave reviews often, but have to about this place. My aunt was in a well known asset living facility, it was beautiful and seemed perfect. After a time, I noticed she was no longer walking, they had her in a wheelchair, and her temper became horrible. She started showing signs of bruising and spent one day a week in the hospital for falling down. They could no longer deal with her and had her sent to a psychiatric center. Sutton Gardens evaluated her and we're the ONLY assisted living facility to accept her. She was not easy on them in the beginning and I give everyone there credit for their patience and caring with her. Within 3 months she was walking with a walker, she is smiling and treating everyone nicely. I cannot say enough about the staff. They transformed her back to the person she was before. I can't thank them enough, they worked a miracle with her.

Review of Sutton Gardens Assisted Living - Flushing, NY

Visited Didnt Like

Review of Sutton Gardens Assisted Living - Flushing, NY

The worst. Filthy Old feeling full of people who were not in good health. NO PARKING

Reasonable costs, Excellent service and care

We transferred my 94 yr old mother from a facility in NJ to this one in Flushing NY because that is where the sibling providing most care resides. The staff of Sutton Gardens facilitated this transfer and made everything work smoothly, including the transfer of benefits programs my mother has. The staff is very friendly and competent. My mother is at the highest level of dementia care so she tests the system to the extreme and we are quite pleased with the results. The facility is not fancy, but it is clean, friendly, and efficiently managed and staffed. The price is also very reasonable compared to the costs national chain facilities.

Good Wholesome Care

My Mom is well cared for at Sutton Gardens. She requires alot of care and they do it in a nice way. Good activities too and a nurse there.

Love the new Sutton Gardens it is a drastic change love the staff and environment

Keep my loved one out of a Nursing Home

Small assisted living with wonderful care. They can assist your loved one with walking and even assist them eating. Alot of care and keeps your loved ones out of a nursing home.

Thanks Sutton Gardens

Dad Well Cared For

My Dad lives there. Great care with staff who can talk to and care about him. I feel very comfortable with him being there. There is an LPN there and they have constant activities !

nothing positive

I have nothing positive to say about Sutton Gardens Assisted Living. I had to have emergency respite for 14 days for my mom. When I came to pick her up her legs and feet were double the size. She was taking medication for chf. They should have known something was wrong. I took her straight to the emergency room. We found out they weren't giving her the right medication. The nurse should have noticed something and done something about it. They have people sitting around with pee on themselves or water on them here also. Never again will I sent my mom here.

Great care and nice staff

Forget this place!

This place is a DUMP! Don't waste your time visiting!

Don't put your love one here

The women on the floor are nice and caring but they are short staffed. Two women for 40 people is ridiculous. Some of these people are very aggressive and loud. To expect 2 women to control 40 is not right. I hope there never will be a problem because it will be disastrous! Let alone if there is a fire they will never be able to unlock the front door and get all the people out.
The activity schedule is a farce. Once in a blue moon they will have a violinist come. Otherwise, people are sleeping on the couch since there is nothing for them to do.
Terrible place and I would not have my love one here.
They say " care beyond compare" it should read "there is No Care beyond Compare".

Jaiashree Persaud

Hi Jus,
As I read this review I know your love one is not currently at Sutton Gardens receiving our care by our experienced staff members. We have aides to care for each and every resident with personalize care and a full time LPN on staff as well as Doctors. Our doors are not locked and we have a wander guard system installed to ensure each resident is in safe care and family members have a piece of mind that there love one cannot leave the facility without being seen or heard. We have a wide variety of activities and weekly musical performance,which the musician is selected from our very own resident council members who are our residents. Our residents are all on different levels of care and some are able to participate more then others this is all with the aging process. No two residents are the same and we provide "care beyond compare to each resident individually". No matter the level of care needed our residents can age in place. Please feel free to contact the administrator for any further concerns or issues. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

tour

My first hand experience touring I liked that it was a small facility and not a big building where my dad can get lost. I liked the feeling. When I am ready to move my dad this is my choice. I am doing early research and it is worth the tour.

Not a home like setting at all. Not enough staff

I went on a tour,This place may look like a home on the outside. But once inside it is nothing of the sort. For one when you come up to the place. Doors are locked and shades are drawn. As if they're trying to hide something. You don't see much staff on the floor. [removed] ratio is very low. Once you walk in you're greeted by what seems to be crafts being held. That was a very nice touch. Once you get to the living room. All the residents that are in there are people who seem as if they can't do anything for themselves . It is so sad they're in the living room with no supervision In front of a television slumped over on the couch. Some even sitting in waste and looked unshowered. So I know they probably sit there all day long.They only have two televisions. Once we got to the rooms and other parts of the very small facility. The rooms were just rooms nothing special. And the bathrooms Weren't made for the handicapped. They're not wheelchair accessible. It wasn't sanitary at all. Feces everywhere. And feces were even on the door that you had to open to enter and exit. They also have a small backyard. I don't think it was good for people that use walkers it had concrete that wasn't really smooth if you decided to walk upon it with a walker. I do not think this is a home like place. It's just what they say to get you to place a family member. Staffing was very little compared to all the residents. This makes me think that every resident can't possibly be cared for properly.

CARING STAFF

I was having problems placing my aunt in an assisted living facility because her dementia was causing aggressive behavior. Sutton Gardens was the only place that agreed to work with her. Since then she has become a happy person. No aggressive behavior. The staff is very kind and caring and it shows in my aunts attitude. I am grateful for not having to put her in a nursing home.

Wonderful place

My grandma stays at Sutton gardens she's been there for about 7 years now. This has been the first year that this facility has taken on a whole new look if I must say. The new administrator Jennifer is such a sweet heart I love that I can text her and get a response about how my grandma is doing within a 20 minute window even accompanied by pictures. I have never wanted to write a review about this place because the old administrator was in her own little world! Keep up the great work Jennifer!

Very caring place for my loved one

Very family oriented and caring place . Love Jennifer and her personal touch. You can always reach her and feel comfortable .

Caring facility

My aunt just moved in to Sutton Gardens the process was very easy and Jennifer was very helpful along the process. I read the reviews everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm at easy that I can call,text and email and get a response from the Administrator it is not many facilities where this takes place. The staff has been attentive to my aunt and I'm at ease that she is being taking care of with caring staff.

Be cautious of this place

It's all a facade! They frequently don't have a cook on staff which I've noticed many of times during my visits, always someone new. Residents just sit inside all day. Very depressing environment. [removed] with doors locked in the front. Website is full of lies. They don't have a beautician. One visit I've noticed one resident fell on the floor. And nobody was there to help, very short staffed. I was disgusted! The manger Jennifer isn't friendly at all. I've visted many of times and she doesn't even acknowledge me or interact with the residents nor families. This place is all for the money. Not the well being of your loved ones.

GREAT CARING PLACE FOR YOUR LOVED ONE

Wonderful Assisted Living where my loved one can age in place. A true family oriented facility. They love their residents and treat them with love and great respect. I recommend this facility to anyone that wants a great caring place. They recently hired an LPN on site to further care for the residents. They are licensed to deal with residents who are non ambulatory, need assistance with feeding and nursing care. Call Jennifer Persaud for a tour. you wont regret.

False advertisement not a place to put loved ones

the staff seemed very friendly Meaning the people that actually work on the floor. While in this facility I've noticed everything they have advertised isn't the case. They DONT have most of the services they claim to have in advertisements. They don't have restaurant styled meals. Seems more like canned foods. They don't seem to have a lot of staff for 48 residents. Recreation seemed very nice. The person who was leading activities seemed very engaged and caring towards residents but I only noticed one activities person for 48 people that isn't enough. Bathrooms smell. And the sitting room is smelly and have a lot of flies and seems as if they try to mask the smell with air freshners. The place is just not what it's made out to be. While at the place it just seemed like a very uncontrolled environment. Also I've noticed that upon the arrival and exiting the front door was locked. And I don't mean locked like the regular way a door supposed to be locked but they had a top lock and an emergency door lock. I had to wait a long while to be let in as well do to this. The door being locked didn't put me at ease it violates fire safety.

Nice place, but need to be better about details

In general I think they do a good job at Sutton Gardens, but there is definitely some room for improvement. The staff here are friendly, and do a good job looking after the residents for the most part. However, I have had a few issues with needing to remind them to do a few hygiene related things for my loved one, on more than one occasion. Otherwise the facility is clean and well kept, and the people here seem well cared for.

sutton gardens

I was in a dilemma until I contacted Sutton Gardens for a respite stay for my mother. I toured the next day and met with Jennifer sweet vibrant young lady,who always answers her cellphone which for me is settling because I know I can contact her .She assisted me and my mother as if we were her family. When I walked it I noticed the place was small this was the only downfall. Then the room which my mom was placed in was this nice color different from all the other rooms a tv would be a nice touch. Overall so far I recommend Sutton Gardens

nice place

I went for a tour and met with a young lady Jennifer.She was very helpful to answer questions and was not pushy about selling the place. Sutton Gardens appears to be a small family oriented facility when i was there i seen several families visiting. Even seen one member handing out fruits to residents. I will be moving my mom here when the time comes along.

Sutton Gardens is a very caring facility. They are their to actually help them. Its a nice atmosphere it feels like home. she is very happy so am I. The have a lot of activities during the day. It is clean facility and maintained.

Warm,good care, small and good activities

Dad is well taken care of by the caring staff. It's wonderful . The activities are done daily . It's great that it is a small place and like a large family. You will feel very comfortable here.

My mom. Great Personal Care

My mom lives at sutton gardens for almost two years now. Very caring staff and very home like. Whenever we take her out for an occasion , she is always asking to go back to her home, sutton gardens. Great personal care.

Alternative care for my parents

Both my parents lived with me and suffered with Alzheimer's. When home care became too difficult we found Sutton Gardens. Brian came to our home to meet all of us. They have now been there 4 years. We visit them all the time and the staff welcomes us. We are all like family. The staff shows so much love and caring to my parents. My parents are having a better life at Sutton Gardens than they were having at home. They are eating good meals and have plenty of interaction with others.

A Lovely Place my Uncle Calls; Home!

Sutton Gardens is a lovely place. It is well renovated and unique. My uncle, John lived there. The staff is so friendly and he receives great care. Its one of the only places where they care about the residents. G-D Bless.

Reminds me of a welfare motel

I went on line and saw the ad for Sutton Gardens and liked what I saw. I called Erika [removed] and was quoted $3000 a month for a shared room in addition to other necessities needed. All funds had to be private funds. No insurance accepted. So I asked for a tour appointment.

Regina, the head matron, let me in. She was very friendly and personable. She made a good initial impression. I waked inside took 5 or 6 steps and stopped. The residents looked at me and I looked at them. I saw depression in their faces. Nothing like the happy well dressed people as seen in advertisements. They just didn't look good at all.

The maids were all yelling commands at each other and they were arguing. Regina had to get in between them to settle them down. It was a very loud, disorganized atmosphere and there was a powerful mixed odor of cleaner and urine. I was told that Erika was doing a tour and she would be with me shortly. I told Regina I left my cellphone in the car. I left and never returned for the tour. Honestly, the place reminded me of a welfare motel. Not worth the asking price. Nothing close. Sorry.

Happy Aunt

I have visited my aunt serveral times at Sutton Gardens in last 4 years and found the place to be very well kept. The staff has always been attentive to my aunt and I have had no porblems with questions being answered by the staff. I have found my aunt to be very happy at Sutton Gardens and has made new friends there. She and her roomie get along very well. I have seen a tremedous change in the environment as the owner has reburbished a number of rooms, painted the entire facility, and installed new light fixtures.

Ignore the False Advertisement! READ!

In all honesty, the photos in the ad are VERY false. Sutton looks nothing like them, nor do the well dressed people with happy faces. In reality, the place smells like one giant foul restroom. The blast after I opened the front door almost knocks me out nearly every time. It is best described as a powerful mix of Lysol and aged human urine. The people sit in the TV room nearly 18 hours a day and they will stare and solicit visitors. One woman asked if she could use my cell phone. Another man asked if I could spare a few dollars. When the head maid saw this she immediately put a stop to the begging. This place looks like a 1 floor motel shaped like a T. A straight hallway with rooms on each side. The rooms are vanilla much like what you would find at a YMCA. The beds US Army barracks spring type. Sit on it and you'll sink into it. Very hard to get up without help. The maids understaffed and thus stressed out. They are invariably moving around doing all sorts of things all over the place, especially when the owner is around. They tell me they receive minimum wage and how under paid they are. My initial impression was that they were more or less asking for a monthly tip in so many words. The door as a combination to get in or out [removed]. But everyone knows it and were trying to escape with no place to go. Erika, the recruiter is a very nice lady. She was very helpful and always answers all questions. The owner, Brian, who drives an expensive car is on the prowl twice a week at his leisure. He is on the ball though. He may not seem that way but he does take care of problems. But he will nickle and dime you out of diaper fees and anything he can get away with. If you present a good argument to Erika, the fees will be expunged. The food is standard and is well managed according to the resident. Entertainment comes in the form of TV movies card games, coloring books. Every week a CD of a concert is played. The same concert. Never a new one. No one pays attention to it. Most are sleeping anyway.

A Pack of Theives

I moved my 81 year old mother into Sutton Gardens from rehab. She had a mental condition that caused her to forget short term events. Sutton Gardens is supposed to specialize in mental abnormalities. It was also 15 to 20 minutes from my home depending on traffic which was a major factor in my decision. So I sent her there despite the various cons.

The place has a constant stench of urine. It is all over and in everything. The residents were all sitting in a day room with a gloomy look on their faces. They spend 90 percent of their time there from 6am on. The rooms are shared by two people at a cost of $2800 a month plus dippers $150 and medicines. The first week most of my mothers valuables were missing. I gave her $150 because she asked for it. It was gone the first day. So was her food articles and some articles of newly package clothing.

Residents from other areas frequently were found in her room looking at her bedding area. I would chase them out and they would mumble some inarticulate words and dirty look me before walking out.

One day I brought in 4 pastries from the bakery. I left them in her room while she was in the day room. When I walked her back, the pastries were gone. Things as that were the norm.

The staff is underpaid. Many complained that they deserved more than $8 an hour. When they asked for more money, they were denied. New staff were constantly in and out. Some staff stayed on, needing the employment. Those people did a good job. The woman who is in charge of the staff also did a good job.

The food is satisfactory to good. I never saw the kitchen area. The dishes arrive in aluminum walkers prepared according to special needs of the individual.

Brian is the owner. He is a Jewish man in his late 30's . He is seldom there -- at least when I visited.... In the beginning he told me that he paid medicine bills but he must had forgot that. I received the bills forwarded to my home. About $80 a month -- the part insurance wouldn't pay. He didn't really seem very empathic. He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered but didn't give orders to staff to get things done.

My mother fell a few times and complained of pain from falling trying to stand on her walker. She should been helped by staff. But I don't know the exact circumstances. Each time she complained of pain, however, Sutton send her to the hospital and that started other problems for me. I didn't think hospital was necessary as the pain was transient.

My mother complained of bullying by other residents. She may had been distorting this as she did have mental problems.

Sutton did have activity staff play games and do drawings and read books.

She miserable all the time and passed away 4 months into her stay.

Caring place that is hard to find

Sutton Gardens has been a God sent for my family. My aunt is well taken care of in a real caring environment. They have activities all day even a concert once a week. It's a true home for these seniors. The staff and admin is extremely devoted and care about these seniors. Gd Bless. I recommend sutton gardens for people that need constant and care and watch.

Sutton Stinks!

I agree with Judy. This place should be investigated by the dept. of health. It's really bad. I wouldn't recommend placing your love one in this place.

A DUMP

This place is a DUMP! The brochure is a lie. The activities that are listed are a farce. The odor will hit you as soon as you walk into the place. Your love one will also inherit this odor on them. The director, Brian, is basically never there. If you complain about something, he will say he will take care of it but he DOESN'T! The bedding is all ripped and the rooms are dirty. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GETTING YOUR LOVE ONE INTO THIS PLACE. YOU AND YOUR LOVE ONE WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Review of Sutton Gardens Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Flushing, NY

Upon our tour of Sutton Garden it had a distinct odor (not good). Very old, depressing, kitchen area looked very dirty. Common area very small & didn't feel like a happy place. Needs a major overhaul. Very disappointing for the pricing!!!

Nephew

Choosing Sutton Gardens has been very positive for my family. Even though this place may not be for every one, I believe that the level of care is very good and more personal. I like the fact that there is one aid assigned to every three rooms 24 hrs a day which makes feel that my aunt will be safe through the night as well as during the day.

Nice environment with a caring staff

Not luxurious by any means but a healthy environment with a caring staff and an owner who is often on site who wants the best for his residents. My aunt has flourished in the 2 months since she started living there. Physically and mentally she is much improved. Thanks

Tracy has mentioned a numbe...

Tracy has mentioned a number of times so probably worth a visit. Studio $4500 per month (including cost of care? for both?) Closest to family. Has social activities.

Nice and Friend facility

Nice and Friend facility

Good care, with a few issues

The care here is acceptable, the cleanliness is acceptable. They don't have much in the way of activities, but my loved one is not in a state to use them anyway. The staff work hard for the amount they get paid, and they do their best to accommodate him.
The major issue I have here is that there has been a lot of [removed]. The rooms are not locked, and people just seem to wander in an out, and all sorts of things, (food, cash, etc) will go missing. It's a big problem.

too small, dreary and staff...

too small, dreary and staff is overworked. Horrible .

Exceptional Personal Care

My dad lived there for over two years. Sutton Gardens is a wonderful place. The staff and administration really care about the residents. My dad came out of his shell and participated in all activities and loved the food.Affordable price and even helped us with our VA application. It is truly personal care, not a large warehouse.

Good socialization for mom

It's a very homey place, there's a lot of staff there for the amount of people, they're very good with meals. They've got two tv rooms, they've got a piano, the people, the customers are very friendly. My mother really likes it there, the best she can tell me she seems to like it there, no issues at all. The transition seemed to be very easy, they put her in a room with another person and they became friendly, it's much better than her being at home.

Smells

I actually ended up picking my dad out of here and getting him home care instead. He just wasn't happy there, it was like they were feeding him just whatever everybody else was eating and that wasn't good for his diabetes, his diabetes was really high there. It smelled like old people but I guess that's what happens when you're there but it smelled pretty bad. I didn't see anything on the floor or anything like that, he was pretty clean and he didn't smell but the smell in Sutton was bad.

I can trust them

The staff is friendly. My father has only been there a short time. He's had to go back to the hospital for a little while so I haven't gotten to see a lot of the care but they've been great as far as keeping me informed. There are no suprises. I know that they've very good at trying to get him out of his shell and he was adjusting but he hasn't been their consistenly enough to really get adjusted.

I think they're attentiveness and keeping me in the loop as far as what's going on with his health is very good. They're very aware of the family. That, to me, is the most important aspect, trusting that they're actually paying attention and taking care of him.

Drove by on Saturday June 1...

Drove by on Saturday June 1 and went inside briefly. Was depressing, would not consider further.

The place had a slight odor. It was ...

The place had a slight odor. It was a small place but the people did not look happy. I did not like the fact that when you walked in the front door that you were in the middle of the dining area. There were activities planned however there were no activites planned for outside the facility.

Sleeping quarters good, but only cent...

Sleeping quarters good, but only central room and tiny side room for eating, entertainment and anything else and small grounds. However, owner operator very nice

At Sutton Gardens Senior Living, we place great emphasis on Personal Care. Our unique home-­like environment allows us to give more attention to each resident. We are like one big family. Our Mission is to preserve dignity and well-­being,by providing quality care and enjoyment in a warm and nurturing environment.

We are the most affordable Dementia Care option in our area.

We provide healthy, nutritious meals daily; with snacks in between.

Nursing, pharmacy and physician services with onsite diagnostic services such as Lab services, X-rays, EKG etc.are also available.

Religious, personal laundry and housekeeping services are also provided.

We also offer many educational and social entertainment activities for the residents. Our daily calendar includes Exercise, recreational activities including Bingo, Board Games, Pottery Classes, Art Classes, Bible Study Classes, Current Events etc....

We have a live concert once a week... From a live Violinist to Piano Concerts on our lawn.

Your loved one will feel comfortable and loved.

Brian and his staff are always there for your requests and make you feel at home.

As he says, " We have one goal in mind, to care for your loved " Sutton Gardens, "Personal Care at its Best"