Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Enjoy the ease of Long Island living plus the excitement of nearby New York City at Atria Lynbrook. Our common areas are perfect for entertaining family and friends, and you’ll love having a physical therapy center right on site. Atria Lynbrook is close to several beaches as well as museums, theaters, wineries and fine dining at nearby Rockville Center.

Need More Assistance

We are trying to work out some miscommunication on the sales persons part telling me that there were three registered nurses available for the residents and in reality that is not the case. My mother was having trouble with her breathing and they stated that by law they could only look at her and assess whether to call an ambulance or not. They would not check her blood pressure or take her temperature. They had me lift her by myself into a wheelchair and wheel her to her room. I and other residents witnessed an upsetting event where a man fell and they did not attempt to help him and just waited for the ambulance to arrive. Overall I rate it a four. The community is very clean and the food is good and the staff is very friendly. We chose this community based on the proximity to my family and it was cost effective, now I'm questioning my decision. This is a community for able bodied residents who need very little assistance and are well all of the time.

Adjusted Well to This Community

My love one has adjusted very well to this community. I'am comfortable with her move here, and pleased with all they have done for us. So far everything is working out great. The staff is wonderful. They take care of anything I ask of them, and they are very attentive towards my love one, and her needs. She really likes it, and this is a community I would recommend. It is a great facility.

Great place with a caring staff

The Atria Lynbrook is very clean and my mom's room is well maintained.
All the staff is friendly, readily available and very professional. They answer all my questions.
The food is excellent with a daily menu and a backup menu and they serve the right portions for seniors.
There are a lot of routine activities, like bingo, exercise classes, along with arts and crafts but I feel they need to bring in more entertainment like music.
I would definitely recommend Atria to my friends and family.

My opinion

This is an older community and it just seemed dark. I did not like being in the elevator and some of the rooms are a strange shape. The community did not seem very active when I visited. The person that took me on tour was nice.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. I'm sorry to hear that Atria Lynbrook wasn't the right fit. I encourage you to visit some of our nearby sister communities which have different layouts and floor plans. If you would like help setting up a tour, please email [removed] so we can help!

Helpful Staff !!

I am very pleased with the how well the staff have treated my loved one since she has made the move into this community. They have welcomed her with open arms and even took a few of the residents up to her room so that she could get to know a few of them. They also are very encouraging on helping her get involved in a couple of the activities they offer throughout the day since she is having a difficult time adjusting into her new living environment. Friends and family are always invited to come hang out and are even able to join in on the activities and meals with there loved one.

Intended For A Respite Visit

My sister is not going to stay at this community permanently. She went from rehab then came to this community for her respite. I live in another state and as far as I know I think she has had a few good meals and her room is on the 3rd floor. This was intended for a temporary stay.

It is a wonderful facility. Friendly, clean, full of nice people and accommodating staff. the biggest obstacle is the cost.

We Walked Out...

Sadly, as we sat waiting to take the tour, my sisters and I walked away from them. We did not see any people and did not get a welcoming feeling. There was no garden and I did not like the parking. We were not impressed.

Katy Miller

Thanks for reaching out – I’m sorry to hear your family didn’t enjoy the visit. We welcome you and your sisters back at any time to join us for lunch and learn more about our community. Also, please feel free to contact me via email at [removed] with additional questions or concerns.

Nice facility, people extremely friendly, staff very professional.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

A very pleasant atmosphere and the residents were busy with activities they seemed to be enjoying.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

I thought this a great community for my uncle. Since my aunt died he was very lonely. I can't believe how he adapted so quickly and made new friends. Having him closer to us is a blessing as well.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The atmosphere was great and the people was very welcoming. I would recommend the community to friends and family.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

They feed me, they clothe me, and I just like being pampered and not feeling like I'm being taken care of.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

I work in rehab in Oceanside and have eaten and toured here. It's a cozy feeling community with friendly staff and residents. Clean and food was good too!

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Community was cozy and friendly. Staff were very nice and welcoming.

Very clean and food was very good!!!

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The food is great! I absolutely adore it! As well as the entertainment its really a great place to be!

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The building is very beautiful and adequate.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The people are happy. The employees are very nice and cooperative, there were lots of activities going on the place was very happy atmosphere.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mom lived here years ago. She loved it! She made many friends and enjoyed and eating with them in the dining room.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Very nice. The employees were friendly and helpful. There were activities taking place.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

I work in a rehab and am a social worker. I visited for a tour and lunch. I would live here. Everyone was nice and said hello. Apartments were very clean and spacious/ Food was very good and so was the service.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mother lived in another community and was not happy. I moved her to the Atria and she loves it. Has made many friends and enjoys the activities and fine dining. I personally love their apple pie.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Bright smiles, bright faces. Great people, my goodness, everyone is just so patient. I just love it.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

I liked the community very much.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The place is the best, staff is great. Residents always happy and doing activities.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mum enjoys the Yiddish club and bus trips everyday

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Went there once and the place was great, staff is super the residents are happy

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mom lived there in two years, loved the food and activities.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mother-in-law lives here now with her dog. She is very happy that they were pet friendly. She has made friends and gives out on alot of trips. The family couldn't be happier.

Review of Atria Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

My mom has been here for almost 10 months. She has been well taken care of. I'm happy to have her live closer to me and know that's she is safe.
She has made friends and is happy which is all that matters to me.

Atria Lynbrook

My mother-in-law lived here for a few years. She was happy to be here and not alone. She liked that they provided amenities and transportation.
It was very clean as well.

Atria Lynbrook

I have visited this community at networking events and was very impressed with staff and cleanliness of building. I would definitely refer to them.

Atria Lynbrook

I toured this place for my husband's aunt. We were very happy with apartments and food and layout of building. We left deposit and our aunt took turn for worst and needed nursing home.

Atria Lynbrook

Warm friendly cozy community. My grandma loves it here. She made friends and does more in one day than I do all week.

Atria Lynbrook

My dad wants me to move in. He loves this place and tells everyone how he's never lonely anymore.

Atria Lynbrook

My uncle raves about the food. He goes out on trips everyday. Went to the casino last month.

Atria Lynbrook

Lots of friendships, no longer lonely, things to do. Busy all day.

Atria Lynbrook

My aunt moved in a year ago. She now has more friends, plays cards, bingo, exercises, dances every day.

Atria Lynbrook

I travel to a lot of communities to see patients. Atria Lynbrook is GREAT! The front desk is always gracious, welcoming. And the residents are very friendly.

Atria Lynbrook

My mother loves it there. Lots of trips shopping.

Atria Lynbrook

A beautiful community and it's so close knit friendly environment. the staff was gracious and helpful. The activities were fun and different. My mom enjoys her new home.

Atria Lynbrook

I love the trivia and doing things when I want.

Couldn't Ask For Anything Better

They have done everything well. They are very attentive, and very observant, and also very helpful. I could not have asked for anything better from them. My friend is happy there, so I am happy about that.

Nice place, could use more post move-in follow-up

Overall I think things have gone well at Atria Lynbrook. The rooms and the facilities all seem very nice, and are well kept and clean. It took a bit of an adjustment period but my loved one seems to be settled in, and enjoying herself. She says the food is good! However, since she has moved in I've found the customer service to be a little lacking. Before she moved in they were constantly in touch with us offering all kinds of help. It feels like now that they've got our money there's no reason to stay in touch, nobody has reached out to us to see how things are going or anything like that. Also some of the services they said they could offer, such as help applying for VA benefits, are nowhere to be seen. It is a nice place, but don't let the attention they show you in the sales process fool you.

Kate Vance

We’re honored that your family member chose to be a part of our Atria family. It’s very important to us that our residents receive the service and personal attention they deserve. Please contact us at [removed] so we can learn more about your situation.

Close to fun

Liked how it is in walking distance of things to do. Staff is nice . Food is good.

We were very happy with Atria while we were here.

We weren't here long before our loved one took a turn for the worse. We were very happy with Atria while we were here. I don't really have any complaints about them, at least not in the dealings we had.

Nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice place overall, the facility was nice looking and the people were friendly. They introduced us to all the staff that were available, and everyone seemed friendly and professional. They also seemed to provide a lot of service for the price.

Artia of Lynbrook is OK by me

First of all, it is too soon to really know. Uncle Manny has only been there a week or two. what I like is the friendliness of Atria and the staff. What I did not like about "A Place for Mom" is how you told everyone in the neighborhood that I was look for a place and they were like a pack of hungry dogs, and kept calling me about my uncle. I thank you for your efforts, but do try to keep a softer "sell" when dealing with folks.

Was not a fan of this community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Compared to some others we saw this place did not impress us. It just didn't seem as clean, and the staff were not quite as friendly. The people looked unhappy as well. And it was priced the same as some of the higher quality places we looked.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I apologize for any unfriendliness you may have observed from our staff and would like to extend an invitation to speak in further detail about some of your concerns. We appreciate feedback from our families as it can help us pinpoint areas that could use improvement. If are willing to share or would like information about other other communities in the area, please feel free to reach out to [removed] and if you would kindly include “Atria Lynbrook” in your subject line, we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Could be better

They take in a lot of people who don’t belong here. The activities are very low level, very mundane. Before choosing a community, please do a lot of research about the community that you consider. The ratio of men to women is low.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. We always welcome input from our residents on how we can improve their experience and it sounds like you may have some suggestions on some more exciting activities. We’d love to hear them! We would also like to gain a better understanding of your comment regarding residents you feel do not belong. Please contact us directly at [removed] and if you include “Atria Lynbrook” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Very nice community

I've been very pleased with the service here so far, my loved one really seems to be comfortable here. Any time I visit it also just makes me feel at ease knowing I chose somewhere where he will be safe and well cared for. This place is very nice, I'm not old enough yet, but I'd live here without a second thought!

Loved it....a bit high in p...

Loved it....a bit high in price

Impressive!

We really love this community. The staff has taken great care of my husband and has really impressed us with the level of care they offer. We can not say enough good things about this community.

Had a wonderful experience. Manager w...

Had a wonderful experience. Manager was professional and very informative; the place was set up beautifully and the hospitality off the charts. The fresh baked pie given to us at the end of the tour was the icing on the cake!

very nice,pets okay with deposit,

very nice,pets okay with deposit,

liked a lot

liked a lot

The facility was very nice, the staff...

The facility was very nice, the staff was very pleasant, it was clean, beautiful grounds. But I found it a bit pricy.

visited this facility on and was favo...

visited this facility on and was favorably impressed. We still have to schedule a follow up visit with his Dad to see how he likes this facility for a short stay while we take a vacation. Thank you.

Great place. All the rooms are on the...

Great place. All the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor so you have to take an elevator. rooms were ok.