Long Island Living Center - Far Rockaway, NY

The Long Island Living Center/ Assisted Living Program offers personalized assistance to the frail and elderly residents' giving them a homelike atmosphere. Our home is designed to help meet the physical, emotional and social needs of the elderly in a totally safe community environment. In general, the population is in the over 65 category.

A staff of hand picked professionals, friendly and courteous are attentive to our residents' needs. Doctors are available in the privacy of our own complete examining room, right on the the premises. Visiting nurse on a daily basis, to comfort and assist you.

It is the philosophy of the Long Island Living Center/ALP to provide services which will assist each resident to pursue those aspects of their life which represent quality and dignity.

Fabulous Place To Be

My Aunt [Removed] is doing just great at Long Island Living Center. All the staff, right down to the janitors are friendly and welcoming to you. The nursing staff is always right on top of my questions and concerns helping to resolve things very quickly.
Aunt [Removed] did mention that she didn't like the food but I thought it was just fine the day I had lunch there.
Long Island Living Center had tons of activities and Aunt [Removed] really likes taking part in a lot of them. There are exercise classes, a beauty parlor, bingo, Wed is pizza nite and much more for the residents. We even had a picnic there on the 4th of July.
I have already recommended Long Island Living Center to others.

Mom's Great Care

We like the care at this community. The staff is very nice and we like the staff who are outstanding. The owner is wonderful and my mom really is happy with the care. I like knowing that the community is clean and an older community. The menu is good and they could use some small improvements. I like that they do offer her activities. We would recommend this community for good care for other families.

Great referral

[Removed] are excellent. They a really professional and provide prompt answers or results to any Inquiries.
My Aunt [Removed] is very happy here.
Thankyou for the referral.

We LOVE the Living Center!

I have to say, we are really impressed with this place. We brought my great-uncle here after his wife passed and needed more assistance in his daily living. He was depressed and adamant about not moving out of his apartment UNTIL he spent a few hours at the Living Center spending time with their wonderful staff and residents, eating lunch and joining in the activities. Now he is a very happy resident getting the care he needs in an environment he can call "home".
My family and I are so grateful to Ami, Marni, Grace, Diane, and all the other incredibly caring people who work there!
Thank you so much! :)

A Caring Place

I have nothing bad to say about the LI Living Center. The staff really seems to care about their residents...

Very disappointing compared...

Very disappointing compared to website. A lot of residents sitting around lobby not engaged in any activities or each other. Didn't see any staff with residents. Very small rooms and no walk in showers all with regular bathtubs. The outside was nice but needed to be cleaned up. Also in a very busy location, across from hospital.

Clean and Comfortable

Overall, I am very satisfied with this place. I know that they do offer activities, but my loved one doesn't really participate in them. Also, my loved one says that the food is a little tasteless and bland. However, I am very satisfied with the service and the staff! We liked the price and the facility itself! It's clean and comfortable and I really like the people!

Educate the aides or hire professionals.

The facility is run efficiently. It is clean and newly renovated.management, especially Grace, Is very helpful and responsive. The meals are well balanced. However, the aides need more training, the educational level of the aides is below par and, these are the people who are working with your loved ones on a daily basis. They sit around and talk a lot Loudly . They are definitely not looking or acting professionally. There are a number of programs but only the same few attend, as they are more self sufficient. The aides don't try to urge the seniors to participate in programs, as they are content to watch TV.

Mom will not be happy with Kosher Foods.

Mom will not be happy with Kosher Foods.

The price is okay, but the sleeping a...

The price is okay, but the sleeping arrangements are really shared.(twin beds in the rooms).