Atria Tanglewood - Lynbrook, NY

Excellent Tour

I had an excellent tour of this community. It was one of my top picks for my love one. The community looked nice, and everything was nice, and clean. The staff was kind, and my questions were answered. The experience went well overall. This is a really nice community.

I feel like I am at home

The staff are great they answer my questions they check on me and are there when you need them. The food is good, however sometimes there is a little to much salt for my taste. The community is spotless, open, bright and it is a great fit for me. They offer daily activities including memory games and trips out. I would highly recommend this community.

Come home...

I was only coming to take a look at Assisted Living facilities, not thinking that I was anywhere near making a decision! But when I walked into the Atria Tanglewood I felt as though I was home. The building is meticulously maintained. The staff was friendly and they seemed to know everyone's names. I was impressed by the daily calendar of events and the facility as a whole. Residents were friendly and there seemed to be interaction among them. My son and I ate lunch there; the food was good and the menu varied. A month later I moved in. I see their doctor and physical therapist and I do live independently. I am content and am enjoying a life among my peers (while I had been living a lonely life). This move was a quick decision for me and one I am so happy that I made. The Atria Tanglewood is everything I had hoped for and more. My life had changed and I am glad I was able to make the needed change. Yes, I am home.

All is Good at the Tanglewood!

After five days I feel as though I've come home! The staff is attentive and professional. Other residents are friendly and helpful. All I seem to do is eat...food is good, with a large selection. It amazes me that the staff remembers everyone's names! The building is spotless. I guess I'm quite content here and know I made the right choice.

Our family feels blessed to have the Atria family in our lives and to have them caring for our mom. It feels like a family there. The staff is cheerful and attentive, and the facility and it's amenities are wonderful. Mom is happy and our family feels secure.

Cost is so worth it!!!

After my grandfather passed away, my grandmother wanted to move back to New York (from Florida). She didn't want to be "a burden" on anyone and decided that assisted living would be the right type of environment for her. She chose Atria. You get what you pay for!!! The staff are stellar. They truly treat every resident as if they were family. My grandmother always told her friends- it was like living in a 5 star hotel. My family is extremely appreciative for everything Atria Tanglewood did to ensure that my grandmother's last 4 years with us were amazing for her! Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for peace of mind and a wonderful way to live.

expensive and everything is extra. extras are expensive too.

non refundable fees, they charge a full month rent for non refundable entry fee

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. Would you like to discuss your concerns in more detail? If so, I can be reached directly at [removed].

It Was A Good Move In

My mother-in-law likes the community very much so. The meals that are served here have been fine for her. She likes that her room is spacious, clean and the housekeeping service is good. The staff has been good help and keep very good track.

a great respite

My mother had a flood in her home and we needed to find a safe place for her to stay while renovations were happening. So far this has worked out great for my mother and her family. My mother has met some dynamite women to socialize with and we are planning for her to stay.

We Are Happy For My Mom

Mom is doing great and she loves it here! It is beautiful and always immaculate. My mom enjoys and likes her meals. She enjoys all the activities that are offered like exercise class, games, night services and singing guests. She also loves the window view, she gets to see a lovely outdoor scenery. The location is so convenient for all of us. My mom and us rave so much about this place.

I can sum it up with a few short words (peace of mind) . In a few short weeks my mother calls it home

Tangle wood is the Cadillac of Assisted Living. The staff isvery professional and the facility is lovely. Although the seniors at this residence are independent, there is assistance available to those in need.

So far we are happy.

So far we are happy. There were a few little bumps in the beginning. I think they could improve on communication with the wellness department.They are very nice, and the marketing girl Ellie even brought me up lunch while I was helping unpack. It's nice, and I think they do a pretty good job.

Great place for mom.

excellent service

The staff at Atria Tanglewood are great. They are willing to work with us. They have been so good with dad. They have been great dealing with us as a family with all of my siblings. They are providing excellent service.

Very Caring

Honestly I can say that they were very, very anxious to treat people as family. They paid special attention to my mom, they really took great attention to making them feel welcome and a part of the group that lives there. They are very caring.

Overall, it's a nice place. The wellness staff, in particular , is very thorough, empathetic, and professional. The general staff is accommodating as well. The facility is clean, complete with a park/nature preserve in the backyard which makes it very pleasant during the warmer months.

Certain members of senior management, however, can at times seem resentful of any questions, input, or recommendations made by family members - which is disconcerting and off-putting. In an environment such as this, inquiries should always be welcomed. They should realize that responses and give and take would only enhance their performance and capabilities

very nice

My mom is very comfortable there at Atria Tanglewood. They welcomed her in very nicely. I really can't think of anything that they could do better except for perhaps making it more affordable if possible. It is certainly expensive, but if you have the money it is really great in terms of the care that they provide. I would like to see more seniors be able to afford this.

Mom is very happy there which makes me happy. There is plenty for her to do. They keep her active and happy, and right now I am thoroughly happy.

Very nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was the second Atria community we toured, and I was very impressed with both of them! The staff are all very friendly and professional, and the facility is clean and well kept. We actually ended up selecting the other Atria community just due to distance from family members, but this place was definitely our second choice!

Definitely the place for MOM

This turned out to be the place for Mom.

After much resistance she agree to try while we went on vacation to make sure she was taken care of.

The food is AMAZING, the place very very clean and most importantly every one of the staff that we met and worked with is indescribably FANTASTIC. They are helpful responsive attentive and most importantly caring and wonderful. Some of their own family members have lived or are living at Atria Tanglewood.

The residences are warm open and inviting, something Mom was extremely concerned about. But when we visit it takes an hour to say HI to all her new friends and she's only been there a couple of weeks.

Mom quickly integrated into the routine, the ambassadors and guides the first week made Mom more independent and active than she has been in years.

They go out into the community so they are not isolated to the location, but believe me there is no need to leave.

The best analogy I can make is it is Villa Roma all the time. Plenty to do if you want, no stress if you don't want to .

The choices are endless bingo, games, news and views, shopping, they have a luau, social night...

The best part is family is warmly welcomes at ANY time of day or night. They are inclusive of the family anything we come. Grandchildren and children alike.

Definitely worth looking into if the location and cost fits into your plans!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought that this place looked VERY nice! Unfortunately it was also very expensive, and outside of the price range we were looking in.

Nice small community

I like this community because it provides a good environment for someone who needs help, but still wants to feel independent. It's small enough that the staff can keep an eye on the residents while still allowing them their freedom. They know everyones needs and patterns, and can keep an eye out for any problems or changes.
The director is a very nice person, and pleasant to work with.

A fabulous place. I want to live ther...

A fabulous place. I want to live there. The director was great.

most friendly

most friendly

Atria Tanglewood is one of the premier independent living communities on Long Island, where residents enjoy opportunities for staying active. Join the knitting group, which donates hats to cancer survivors at nearby South Nassau Hospital; stay abreast of current events with the News and Views club; or relax with friends in the sunroom. Atria Tanglewood is adjacent to the Tanglewood Preserve and close to shops, restaurants, beaches and places of worship, making it easy to stay connected to a variety of activities. Tenured, 24-hour staff assists residents with discreet support whenever needed, and makes every effort to exceed their expectations.