We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.
All Sunrise senior living communities encourage families who visit residents to treat them to a day out in the surrounding communities, perhaps to shop, have lunch, or enjoy a seasonal event. Those visiting loved ones at Sunrise of East Meadow have a plethora of choices, thanks to its location on New York's storied Long Island.
East Meadow is a hamlet, an unincorporated area of Nassau County that is actually part of the Town of Hempstead. As of the last census, 38,132 people called East Meadow home. The median age of these individuals was 43.2 years old. Other relevant demographics include
- Housing: For such a relatively small town it's impressive that two assisted living facilities are situated within its boundaries. In addition there are two 55-and-over rental apartment complexes in the surrounding towns as well as 192 other communities offering independent living, assisted living, or skilled nursing care.
- Veteran Facilities: Nassau County Veterans Services has a service center in East Meadow that provides help to veterans regarding pensions, education opportunities, rehabilitation, and benefits. There is also a VA health clinic on site.
- Year-round Weather: East Meadow experiences temperatures in keeping with the rest of the northeastern seaboard. Although typical summer temperatures reach the low 80s and hover around the freezing point come winter, there's always one or two days that experience temps of 90 and above and months later, and a few deep freeze days when the thermometer shows single digits.
Since many East Meadow residents work in New York City and rely on public transportation, the area is well-served. It's also ideally situated as far as proximity to both of New York's major airports which are located in the Borough of Queens which is part of Long Island.
- Buses: Nassau County Inter-County Express (NICE) runs several routes connecting East Meadow and Hempstead to other Long Island towns, as well as the nearby Long Island Railroad (LIRR) station.
- LIRR: The Long Island Railroad schedule accommodates city commuters by scheduling several trains per hour on the Hempstead branch into Penn Station with frequently scheduled trains during morning and evening peak hours. During off-peak hours, trains travel every hour and general tickets cost less and seniors enjoy a discounted fare.
- Airports: Depending on traffic both JFK International Airport atnd LaGuardia International Airport are less than an hour's drive away.
- Road Travel: Again due to its proximity to New York City (35 miles to midtown Manhattan) several major highways and thoroughfares connect to the Long Island Expressway, the Southern State parkway, and the Northern State Parkway all of which run from the eastern end of the island and Montauk to the western end and the three bridges into NYC.
Health and Safety
East Meadow residents can obtain state-of-the-art medical treatment not only in New York City, but right here at home.
- Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, a teaching hospital affiliated with the Health Sciences Center of Stony Brook University of the State University of New York.
- NYU Winthrop Hospital six miles away in Mineola
- North Shore University Hospital 12 miles away in Manhasset.
- East Meadow is also served by several urgent care facilities.
East Meadow is slightly safer than the nation a whole when statistics on violent crime are compared, with 297people per 100,000 falling victim versus 386 per 100,000 nationwide. It's significantly safer for property crimes 1,230 versus 2,451.
Sports and Leisure
As part of the town of Hempstead, residents of East Meadow have access to
- town parks , tennis courts, and hiking trails.
- Lido Beach Golf Course and Merrick Road Golf Course
- 23 municipal swimming pools
- five town beaches
Shopping and Entertainment
Nassau County has a reputation as a shop-til-you-drop kind of place. East Meadow residents have their choice of shopping centers and malls including
- Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City
- The Gallery at Westbury Plaza also in Garden City
- Mall at the Source in Westbury
- Green Acres Shopping Center in Valley Stream
East Meadow residents don't have to travel far for entertainment.
- Eisenhower Park right in town serves as a venue throughout the year for concerts featuring jazz, gospel, classic rock and oldies groups.
- Lakeside Theater hosts concerts featuring tribute bands, swing bands, and music of all genres
- Movie goers have their choice of too many cinema complexes and theaters to mention here, all within 15 miles of East Meadow.
Places to eat range from fast food eateries like Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's to $$$$-rated special occasion restaurants.
East Meadow hosts an ecumenical variety of religious facilities.
- East Meadow United Methodist Church
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
- St Francis Polish National Catholic Church
- St Raphael Parish Church (Catholic)
- Calvary East Meadow (non-Denominational)