The Bristal at Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

The Bristal at Lynbrook is one member of an ever-growing family of Assisted Living communities that have been built on Long Island, by Long Islanders, bearing The Bristal name. Like all of our communities, Lynbrook has been designed to strike the ideal balance between privacy and protection. Fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, we’ve planned every detail of this rental lifestyle to enable our residents, and their families, to make the most of each activity filled day. And our comfortable and spacious studios will quickly become home to your loved one. The Bristal at Lynbrook is designed and developed to excite and delight the most demanding of families. Yours.

Reflecting on Memory Loss.
Each of The Bristal communities houses a special area called Reflections. Reflections is a comprehensive memory enhancement program that specializes in dealing with older adults who are facing early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related cognitive disorders. Each location is staffed with experienced professionals who are trained and equipped to enhance the quality of life for these special-needs residents and their families. For instance, the Relections unit is electronic keypad-protected and fully-secured from the rest of the community. In this way, the residents’ daily activities can always be managed within familiar surroundings. All in all, care at Reflections is provided in a secure and compassionate environment – a place, quite literally, our residents call home.

Keeps Mom Very Busy

Mom is doing very well since moving here. She is very busy most of the time doing the activities they offer she has made some friends. She loves the food here. The location is perfect it is not very far me where I live so I can visit as often as I like. The staff is nice very friendly makes you feel welcome when you're there.

Mother Is In Great Hands In This Community

This community is working out well for my mother, and her needs. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility , she is in good hands. I love the staff, they have been great to work with. The director is doing a great job running this community. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are good meals provided, and nice activities offered for the residents. I'am very satisfied with the medical she is being provided with. I would highly recommend this community, it is a great place.

Beautiful Community

The Bristol at Lynbrook was a beautiful community. It was very lovely in appearance and the way it was decorated. The tour they gave us was very informative, The staff was friendly and it was clean and well-kept. We chose a community due to affordability.

Very Nice Staff at This Community

My aunt is still adjusting too her move to this community, but I'am pleased with all they have done for us. I wish she would take advantage of the resources they have available, but hopefully with time she will. The staff is good at encouraging her to get involved in the community. I haven't met one unpleasant person at this community. Everybody is very attentive, and kind. She loves the food, the meals are nice. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The community looks nice, and bright. Her room is nice, and well-kept. I know she is safe, and in good community, and I would recommend it.

I liked this community

I liked this community when I visited. The staff I met were nice and the community was clean. This community was one of our top choices, however they are not able to give insulin shots.

Staff was very nice and the residents seemed happy.

I'm very pleased with the process

[Removed] of The Bristal was excellent. She was the only representative of a facility that sent ALL the pertinent information on the first request.

There is still one facility that has not been forthcoming with this information despite two requests. The response has been an invitation to tour the facility.

The initial phase of signing and moving in has been fine, and dealing with management and the staff has been very good. Honorable mention to [Removed] who has worked diligently to make my mother's transition as seamless as possible.

I'm very pleased with the process.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the stay my mother had at this community. She was only there for a short period of time but she really enjoyed her self while she was there. The staff did a great job with providing activities for her throughout the week and served great meals too all of the residents. Overall we where pleased with her experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Thank goodness for the Bristal in Lynbrook

[Removed] all the staff at the Bristal are wonderful. Mom is staying there after having suffered a stroke and we were scrambling on how to make sure she would be looked after properly while we all work. The food, activities, and entertainment are all excellent but most important of all is the dedication of the staff there who really care. Bristal of Lynbrook was the answer to our prayers!

Mother's Care Issues

My mom is in this community. I like most of the staff, but there are times when they do not speak not too nicely to the residents. The building in the community is too hot and the heat can not be regulated. The director is amazing. The wellness center the staff are not very nice at times. I do not feel that this is good for my mom to hear. I do like that they are offering her a lot of activities for her to participate. I think that they could be more friendly.I feel that this community has some improvements that should be addressed. I want my mom to feel comfortable with the care that is given to her here.

A home for my sister

I like the community her for the sister. They have nice activities and crafts. They offer local trips around the community. We like that the community is very clean. they do a lot of great activities also during the holidays. I would recommend families to this community for the great care and value. It feels like you are at home being here.

Accommodating, courteous, caring facility

My Mother has been living at the Bristal in Lynbrook for approximately 7 weeks and I cannot say enough good things about this facility and the staff. From day one the staff went out of their way to make my Mother feel welcomed and safe. Whenever I need to interact with the staff, they are accommodating, courteous and caring.

I am very pleased that A Place for Mom helped me find this facility which is a great fit for my Mother's needs.

I Had A Nice Look Around

It seemed nice but the area is not nice. While touring I thought it was just not as nice. It seemed to be run very well by staff. The residents seemed happy from what I saw. They were very good with the tour.

Attentive Tour Guide!!

The guide that took me around the community was very nice. All of the people met along the way were wonderful and attentive to my needs. Two amenities that they offered were the housekeeping and the laundry services. They had so many great activities available trivia, yoga and art classes. I would recommend a tour of this community it has a lot to offer.

Our Tour, Second Choice

I really liked this community. My sisters and I got a good feeling from the place. Everyone was nice. The rooms are beautiful. I did notice there were no windows to look out and the lighting seemed to be dim throughout the facility.

Close-knit community

The Bristal seems like a very nice place, overall. The sales person we worked with, Mary, was knowledgeable and very helpful. Everyone is very friendly, and the community seems very close-knit. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff do a good job looking out for the residents.

Review of The Bristal at Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

Very Nice but too big. Better for a more independent person who lost a spouse but wont live in a house. Not properly equipped for memory care people

phenomenal place

The facility is in great shape and well taken care of and very safe. As soon as we walked it, we felt like we were at home and we knew this was the place and we were right.

The Place Seems Good

My loved one has only been at the Bristal Assisted Living facility for a short while now, but so far everything about the place seems good. I can not think of any improvements that need to be made at this time.

Wonderful people

Unfortunately my loved one's stay at The Bristal Assisted Living only ended up being a short one, but during those few days the people here really did a fantastic job. They were so caring and so nurturing during a really tough time for us. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area.

Dads Place

We picked Bristol for our dad due to his memory loss which continues to get worse. The staff on the fourth floor memory unit are very attentive and patient.

They treat her very well.

They treat her very well. She has acclimated pretty well. They did a phenomenal job, inviting us for lunch was a great way to get familiar with the place and the people. We saw a few places but we knew when we walked in, that this was the right place.

This facility is lovely and well maintained. The staff is very caring and kind. They have plenty of activities and the residents seem very involved in them. The food is pretty decent.

Need fresh veggies

I'm not there enough to go by but from what I saw she is okay with everything. The food could be a little better and they need more fresh vegetables. More like fresh salads. Everything at the facility is cooked or they receive sandwiches. They grew up on big bowls of salad and use that at the facility.

Clean, friendly and helpful staff

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you for your feedback!

This is a wonderful facility!

My Mom lived at The Bristal from December 2007 through June 2012. It was a very difficult decision to place her in a facility, as she lived with my family for 13 years after she moved up from Florida. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were all wonderful...Alan, David, Michelle, Parenthia and everyone else. They made the transition so easy. My Mom participated in many of the bus trips and activities in the first three years before she moved up to the Reflections unit. I always felt that she was safe and well taken care of. I will be forever grateful for the excellent care she received.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you Gail for this wonderful review. We are so happy that your family had a great experience with your mother's home at The Bristal. Our mission is to create the perfect environment for our residents where they are supported with expert care and living the healthy and active lifestyle they deserve. We can't wait to let our staff know that their hard work has been appreciated!

Very happy overall!

I'm not thrilled with the activities, there's not enough for my mother with Alzheimer's and she cannot participate in activities like cards or bingo. My mother really loves physical activities, and I'd like to see more activities with music and dancing. But the care is great, she always gets her medicine, her room always looks clean, and her laundry is always immaculate. Sometimes parking can be difficult, there's not a lot, so you often have to park on the street, but it's not too big a hassle. Overall I'm pretty happy with the facility, they have a beautiful porch area outside, like a backyard patio, my mom likes walking out there a lot, it's nice area to walk and it's gated in so residents can't get out, I liked that a lot. She also gets lot of choices for dinner and lunch and she gets help with the choices, it's a nice variety.

Ellen Antonucci

At The Bristal, we welcome every review as an opportunity to hold our communities to the highest standards of excellence and improve in any areas brought to our attention that we agree require service enhancement. The Bristal at Lynbrook is no different. The activities in the Reflections Memory Care Area will be reviewed with upper management. We appreciate your feedback.

Happy to see my Aunt's transformation.

My Aunt has been at the The Bristal Assisted Living at Lynbrook, NY since the end of January. Prior to that she was living at home but kept wandering away in the middle of the night and was highly agitated and combative out of fear since she was losing her memory with dementia.

It was not an easy decision to put her in a facility. It was actually the hardest thing we've ever had to do. But we were afraid she was going to seriously get hurt or even die with this cold winter, as a result of her wandering. we had nursing care at home, but it was just too much and there was no joy for her.

We are happy to say that my Aunt seems to be thriving at The Bristal Lynbrook with the help of the great staff who have been extremely nice and caring of her needs. My Aunt is participating in the events that they offer - dancing, music, games, etc. We feel that she is safe and cannot walk away in the middle of the night, the way she was at home. When my sister visited, she sent me a video of my Aunt dancing - and it just made me cry to see her so happy! It was fantastic!

Dementia sucks royally, it's such a horrible disease! Everyone has to deal with it whichever way they can. We are very happy that my Aunt is being well care for and would recommend this place to anyone who needs this type of service. They allow visitors to come whenever and the atmosphere is upbeat. I think the staff are wonderful and they treat all the patients respectfully and kindly. That's so important!

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you, Kathleen. We love to hear positive stories from our residents and their families, and we are so happy that your aunt is enjoying her new home at The Bristal.

Peace of mind

My parents moved to The Bristal at Lynbrook this June. They were living in a different community but had to move when my father's dietary needs changed after a hospital stay. He needed to thicken all liquids and was not able to return to the assisted living they were at due to a facility policy. A place for mom guided me to the Bristal at lynbrook. The staff there was helpful, professional and caring. Mary and I were in contact frequently as we confirmed that his dietary needs could be met there. Adjustment is not easy at 93, but they are both settling in and feeling comfortable.
Their apartment is lovely. Everyone seems friendly and helpful.
Having my parents at the Bristal at Lynbrook has given me peace of mind.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you MaryAnne for the kind words! The team at the Lynbrook loves hearing that they are exceeding their resident's expectations. We're glad that your parents are doing well.

Very nice place, overall!

Things have worked out well so far with The Bristal at Lynbrook. My loved one is someone who likes to complain, but I can tell she is settling in and doing alright here. They've got her on a good routine, and she is someone who does well on a routine. She's had good things to say about the food, and they offer a few services that I really like, such as free cabs on certain days of the week for shopping trips.
The only complaint I have is that they can be less than forthcoming when it comes to the specifics of care, it can be a little hard to get information out of them.

I’m very impressed.

It’s expensive, but you get what you pay for. I think that they make you aware of the needs of your loved one. It’s very convenient parking. I’ve been overall, very happy with the food. My aunt tried the food and she liked. I think it’s a very good community. I’m very impressed.

I think it's good, the staff is good,...

I think it's good, the staff is good, she is comfortable there. the only thing I am a little disappointed in is we wanted a studio and they gave us a larger one bedroom and it's costing us more. The place is immaculate and the staff has been great. The food is ok, not great and not awful. They do give you a lot of choice. I think a lot has to do with the person who is staying and I think they offer enough for the residents to do and it's up to them to take advantage of what they offer. It's very clean and the furnishing are well kept and very cheerful. Yellows and greens a little more of a contemporary feeling, brighter. A lot of staff. I looked at a couple and the Bristal was less of a sales job than some of the others. The community speaks for itself they don't have to sell you on the community.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you for the positive feedback!

They are very good.

They are very good. They are clean, they try with activities. They are very good, they are better than anything I could have expected.

Ellen Antonucci

Wonderful to hear! Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

My mother seems very happy there.

My mother seems very happy there. Their care level isn't all inclusive, but it seemed like they have a calendar that seems to have a lot of activities, movies twice a day, and outings once in a while. The woman we dealt with was extraordinary, she made me feel very comfortable and I didn't feel like I was putting my mother some wehere they could lose her. She hasn't really complained about anything. I found the staff to be extremely accommodating.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you for the terrific feedback. It is so nice to hear that we are doing a great job!!

A place for my aunt

From the first visit my family and my aunt felt a immediate comfort. It is clean, warm and welcoming. The studio apartment is large and well appointed. The three meals are very good with plenty of choices and the bistro an added plus. The staff are friendly and helpful and make a point of knowing everyone's name and helping the residents feel at home. Of all of the age-in-place communities in the area, this one is by far the best value.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you Janice. The team at Lynbrook appreciates hearing positive reviews!!

A wonderful facility...

A wonderful facility. It is bursting with color and residents seem well cared for and comfortable in their surroundings.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you. Very nice to hear.

$ 2695 monthly semi-private...

$ 2695 monthly semi-private. Refrig. and microwave in apt. with kitchen sink, cabinets for dishes and food and a kitchen table. Good recreation, walking on premises and walking groups, residential area and active community. All inclusive except if needs bathing, dressing and grooming $20.50 daily or help with ordering meds and dispensing them $1750 daily. I can order the meds and dad might be cable of bathing, grooming and dressing soon. Meds kept in dad's apt. $1000 deposit. Have semi-private available now and will give us up to 3 weeks on deposit which is refundable. Met both Judy and David, but David gave me the full tour.

I toured with Alan, and whi...

I toured with Alan, and while I could find nothing wrong here and there were even more activities here than sunrise, the population was older than my aunt. I feel that she for now, has more independence than most of the residents here, and might feel out of place. The memory floor, the residents were much later stages dementia than she is at now. This location did not seem as appropriate an environment for my aunt as sunrise. However it is large and had a beautiful balcony with lots of staff and activities. Residents were milling about to and from lunch, bingo etc.

Very friendly, nice place. Requires $...

Very friendly, nice place. Requires $1,000 deposit and one month rent to cover 'fees.' Need to find more economical option, although this place exceeded my expectations.

I met with the Director. The facility...

I met with the Director. The facility was very nice, clean, staff was very friendly, the suite she picked would be a nice size for my inlaws. The price seemed reasonable. The menu had a nice variety to choose from.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you very much for you kind words. We work very hard to make sure our community looks and feels brand new. We hope you visit us again!

only OK

only OK

Ellen Antonucci

We're sorry to hear that we received only an "ok". Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your experience. [removed]. Regards, Alan Parker. Executive Director

Beautifully decorated. Lunch meal was...

Beautifully decorated. Lunch meal was delicious and chef was very cordial and accommodating. Majority of residents were females who used walkers to be mobile. Backyard/courtyard was lovely. Halloween party with DJ was taking place while we were there. Many residents seemed quiet and reserved. Smell of urine in ladies' bathroom on first floor. Director was very informative and gave a great presentation. Room size was adequate and rates were daily. 5% discount for veterans. Daily tidy service.

Ellen Antonucci

Thank you for your positive comments. We will be sure to look into the cleanliness of the ladies room.