Sunrise of North Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

[Name removed] at Sunrise was lovely, the facility was clean and staff was friendly. It is not a good fit for us.

Expensive Pricing

This community was beautifully located in a residential area. The inside was very nicely decorated with lovely furniture. The landscaping is wonderfully located on a large lot making it peaceful very calming. The staff is very nice and friendly. They seem to offer some activities for residents. However, the price was way out of our budget range.

Not the right fit

Sunrise of North Lynbrook was an older community that we toured. The rooms seemed very old and needed updating. It was nice and clean and the lady who gave us the tour was very lovely. We were looking for a younger more energetic population for my mom. The place was just not as bright and cheery for it to be a good fit for us.

My tour

I thought this was a nice looking community when I visited. The person that took us on tour was nice and helpful. This community does seem to offer some nice amenities. I would recommend taking a look to see if this community would work for you.

Highly Recommend this Community

This is a great community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. I was very impressed with how quick the staff responsive time is. At the moment they have a flu outbreak, but they were very quick to handle the situation. I'am very pleased with all they have done for our family. The staff is really on top of everything. They are really caring, and kind. Everyone is extremely friendly. Their residents are very well cared for in this community. I would recommend this community highly.

I would not recommend this community

My loved one did not have a good experience in this community. He had numerous falls and ended up in the hospital. The caregivers are lazy and have lied to us about his care. We paid for extra services and he did not receive them. He was just given food and did not have a choice. They did not work with his dietary needs. They did not encourage the residents to be active. Things were not addressed unless I was there to tell them. Overall it was a bad experience.

Sunrise Senior Living

Welcoming design. Designated parking. Everyone is very friendly. Interior is very cheerful and bright. Room designs very welcoming. If we could afford this location I would love it.

A plush community

This is a nice community. The staff were friendly. This community was a little out of our price range. This community offers daily activities and they allow pets.

The Best For Mom

As one of the only assisted living facilities with an extended licence in our area, I was amazed that this beautiful place was only 10 minutes away from Mom's town and friends. Yes, it is expensive (as such places are), but the quality of accomodation and - more importantly - the care, makes the price worth the value of knowing that my mom is in the best of hands with such a warm, friendly and caring staff.

Feels like home

The staff at this community are good at taking care of my mother in law's personnel needs. She has said that sometimes there is a slow response time. They offer daily activities such as bingo. The community is clean and well maintained. The food looks decent. There are two doctors that come in once a week and the one I have dealt with is fabulous. She feels like she is independent and not a burden on the family. I know she is taken care of and I would recommend this community.

A community tour for care

I toured this community. It was clean. The staff was nice and did answer my questions. It was very nice outdoors. They had a lot of residents in wheelchairs and that was not a community my sister would of feel comfortable with. They had a nice menu. They offered activities. I think families should see this community for what they are looking for. It was a nice value.

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother is doing very well at the Sunrise of North Lynbrook. The staff is wonderful and keep my mother very safe. The meals are prepared correctly and nutritious. Sometimes i feel my mother is not checked on as much as needed. The community is kept very clean and well maintained.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

There Was A Possibility

This community was very nice. We liked the set up for my In Laws. They were able to provide care for him but it was his time and we did not need this community any more. It was a very good view of the community.

Up-kept Community!!

During my tour i noticed everything was nice and tidy. The communication from the guide and the staff towards me was great. I got to visit the bedrooms and their dinning room. There are some activities offered on site. The staff from the community tries to accommodate the needs of the residents. Most importantly i felt that they would be able to provide a safe place for my loved one.

My 87 year old father moved back to NY from Florida and thanks to the staff at Sunrise Lymbrool, his transition was seamless. The level of care and attention to every last detail made the change positive in every way. Now, Dad's days are productive and happy. Our family is forever grateful.

Right Now It Is Very Good

My mom moved into this community a short time ago and so far it is very good and Mom is doing well too. The community is absolutely clean and the staff are responsible, attentive, and communicate with me very well. My mom does exercises, listens to music, and plays word game, these are some of the activities. The food is very good with homemade strawberry ice cream and cookies through out the week. I would recommend this community.

Mom Is In Good Hands

Everything is working out very well for my mother here at Sunrise. The community is nice, my mother's room and the facility are well-kept. They have a good staff, they are helpful and responsive to my concerns. The food is pleasant. I'am confident that she is in good hands. Also that she is getting good care. I would recommend this community.

Sunrise is an outstanding facility. While activities are certainly coordinated, the scheduling of additional monthly outings would be appreciated. The staff is always open to suggestions which is fantastic. Thanks to everyone!!!

From what I saw a good place to stay!!!!

I was only able to view the community when we moved my dad in as I live in another state. I was able to experience some meals with him and I would say the food is edible. While I was at Sunrise the staff seemed very compassionate and caring. My mom has had a few concerns regarding him taking his medication and being taken to the restroom. My dad has been participating in activities. I would recommend this community.

Review of Sunrise of North Lynbrook - Lynbrook, NY

We liked this location. It seemed cozy and would be easy for Dad to get around. I think it had a nice comfortable feel

great facility. friendly staff

Sunrise is a great facility. The staff is very friendly. The facility has a warm and inviting atmosphere. This facility does not have an odor there and it is well kept there. It is very clean there and all the residents there seems very nice and well kept.

I toured the facility, but I'm not sure I'm going there. Sunrise seems to be a very nice facility from what I saw. The staff is friendly and they were quick to answer any questions I had. It was clean and the other residents seemed nice, but I have not made my mind up just yet.

Very disappointed. My mother in law is there, she is so out of it that she can't ask for her pain n stomach meds that doctor prescribed 3x a day. We as her children told them she must get them because if she don't she will b in lots of pain. They say they asked her n she didn't say she wanted them. She can't answer any longer for herself she's in her last days, we n the DR just want her to b comfortable n they don't follow DR orders

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise; please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you! Sunrise Team

Bad experience

Very unhappy, came here because my mother needed extra care with meds. Was suppose to get it around the clock every 6 hours, they didn't give it to her in 13 hours n she was in extreme pain. Spoke to supervisor promised it wouldn't happen again next day same thing terrible experience. There very nice but incompetent

She seems happy.

She seems happy. It's one of the more expensive places. She hates the food, but loves the activities.Breakfast is the only good meal. However they did have a meeting and are addressing the food concerns, and making improvements. Overall we are pretty happy with them.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

every one knows my family we know all the staff

im happy my dad ended up there i give the over

all rating a 5 star i can not say any thing wrong

about the facility i think it is a great place i

would recommend to other families that may

need the service that they are very very good

Friendly, accommodating care staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Sunrise of North Lynbrook. It's a very nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have been nothing but friendly and accommodating. Our loved one has severe mobility issues, and they've bent over backwards working with him to make sure he gets the care and assistance he needs.

A good tour

We toured this community when we were looking for options. We felt the community was close which is good. The activities are engaging for the residents and the socialization is great. The attentiveness of the staff was good and the place was clean and everyone was friendly.

Wonderful Place for Mom

We needed to find a new assisted living facility for our Mom, who needed a higher level of care. Tammy Singer from 'A Place For Mom' recommended we carefully consider Sunrise Senior Living. We made an appointment with Maria and Tasha from Sunrise of North Lynbrook, toured the facility and decided this is where Mom belongs. Maria and Tasha took care of all the administrative details and we were able to move Mom in within a week.

When we visit, Mom is always with other seniors, either watching a movie, being entertained by a musician or playing a game.

No matter what direction you turn, there is always staff. You are greeted when you enter the facility, and there are staff members assisting residents.

Mom is happy at Sunrise of North Lynbrook. She has a wonderful suite mate, the food is good, and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. My siblings and I don't worry about Mom, as we know she is in good hands at Sunrise of North Lynbrook.

They are taking very good care of her.

What I think they are lacking is different things to do for the people. Other than that they are very warm, and caring. They are taking very good care of her. I don't have to worry about the medical part of it. They are nice people, Maria, the nurisng staff, are wonderful they took good care of her for dinner, lunch, and breakfast. Everybody knows who she is when we call. Nothing is perfect, going in is very tough all in all she is doing well. They do bring some people in for entertainment. When the weather was nicer they were going to the park or shopping or doing something nice. I think they should bring entertainment in more like once or twice a week.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We'd like to learn more in the meantime so please email us at information at sunriseseniorliving dot com. Thank you - Sunrise Team

Dad's Next Phase

My Dad is 89 years old with multiple health concerns. He came to Sunrise of North Lynbrook because of his need for additional hands on care. The staff is pleasant but numerous. They rotate through different responsibilities. My dad has vision concerns and this has made it difficult for him to identify who is assisting him. It would be preferable to have greater continuity in staff for him. He is assisted to the dining area by one individual, he is assisted with dining by another individual, he is assisted from the dining area by another individual. In addition the residences do not have overhead lighting which operate with wall switches. This is another concern for someone with limited vision and limited tactile use. These factors are my only concern. The staff is friendly and energetic. The attention to personal care is well done

Truly like family

We tell everyone that is looking about how great the staff, community and residents are here. They offer a variety of activities and plenty of them for those that want to participate. When I visited I was having fun and wanted to move myself in. The community really has a like home feeling. Everyone is family here and it truly feels that way. I did get a chance to eat dinner with my dad and I have to say the food was just great. They also have a couple of community pets, like a very kind black dog that they have just walking around playing with the residents and they have a couple of birds there as well. Very happy and pleased with this community and would highly recommend it to anyone looking.

I liked this place the best...

I liked this place the best so far. Also went to the Bristal in Lynbrook. Maria was fantastic, the building was clean and bright, residents were out and about, there's plenty to do and I liked that it was small. I look forward to visiting again as I make final decisions. I can really see my aunt comfortably living and growing old here.